George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #14 Friday July 12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MeeBee,
I walked everywhere as a child, as a small girl. But things are so different now and we were poor and lived in bad neighborhoods. I do fault parents for not teaching their children safety and cautiousness and respecting ones property, and respecting LE. I certainly do. Every once in a while you have a child who is a sociopath that was likely born that way, like convicted murderer Jodi Arias.....but mostly we have young children who are never supervised, never disciplined, never taught respect. And they are the generation coming up who would just as soon rob you blind as to go to work or take responsibility. Because of it, no one is safe to walk around at night.

I agree things are different now and I would never ever let my daughter walk anywhere alone especially at night.

But that doesn't change that Trayvon was and did. I guess his parents should have warned him about people like GZ.

Having a loaded gun makes any coward less fearful. I don't believe a word Zimmerman has to say. His treatment and perjury about the money proves that he is not a morally upstanding guy. The phone calls with his wife and the "code terms" prove that. Given that, you've got to find him somehow credible in order to believe his version of events. I just don't. He has every reason and the knowledge of the law to cover his "self defense". I thought the last Prosecutor was very powerful in his delivery.

IN MY OPINION.

Kudos to you...it is easy to forget that GZ KNOWS the laws, his father and uncle KNOW the laws, he is armed with this knowledge in his words and deeds throughout this tragedy.IMO :twocents::twocents::twocents:

Thud...an unarmed teenager minding his own business ends up dead after walking to the store, isn't a victim?

Completely speechless.

An

That's now what this case is about, Linda. You believe what you said to be true, many believe he assaulted GZ.

So no, for those who believe that, Trayvon isn't a 'victim'.

IMHO

I respectfully disagree. Cracker is a very common racial slur, and it is offensive. No matter who says it.

There is still a *LACK* of evidence that TM caused all of GZ's injuries. JG saw "one man on top and up and down arm motions", he didn't see TM punch or slam GZ. We know for a fact that TM & GZ had a physical encounter at some point, but NO EVIDENCE that TM caused GZ's injuries. It's a conjecture. All of those scenarios I mentioned cannot be ruled out. IMO.
A reasonable person would look at the evidence...no injuries on Z when he left, a few minutes later a witness sees M on top of Z slamming down his arms, next you see Z with a bashed up face.
What would a reasonable person deduce from the evidence? Even the prosecution admits to M beating Z.

My opinion is that it was self defense.

Yeah, I can't stand the sarcasm about the fruit drink and the skittles, as if they were deliberate "props" by a malice-filled , because it was a FACT that those were what TM had on him that night, NO MORE NO LESS. IMO.

Of course they weren't props. It is the PROSECUTION that has continually brought them up. At the rallies people held up Skittles. Would they have held up cigarettes IF he bought those??? It is the media and the race rousers (Sharpton, Jackson, Crump) who have craftily made the Skittles into "props". IMO People here are simply pointing this out. IMO

So is just being a big sissy enough to assert self defense? I'm a huge sissy prefer to fight with my tongue. I can assert self defense if I don't want to be scratched?
If that "sissy" is being beaten, yes.

IMO

Of course they weren't props. It is the PROSECUTION that has continually brought them up. At the rallies people held up Skittles. Would they have held up cigarettes IF he bought those??? It is the media and the race rousers (Sharpton, Jackson, Crump) who have craftily made the Skittles into "props". IMO People here are simply pointing this out. IMO

LOL. I did not know that. How ridiculous.

Imo.

Thud...an unarmed teenager minding his own business ends up dead after walking to the store, isn't a victim?

Completely speechless.

An

:thud: :thud:

I am going to strongly disagree that Trayvon is not a victim.

Did I miss where the prosecution brought up the plot regarding transferring the money from GZ's defense fund and the second passport? TIA.

The evidence says otherwise. The kid was on the phone.

And neither you or anyone else know what was said on that phone call. All you have is a witness who has credibility issues about lying as well as someone who never once thought TM was in any sort of serious trouble since she never bothered to follow up to find out what exactly happened to TM.

Okay? Why is the judge reading the same instructions and definitions over and over?

Still watching the defense closing argument I taped earlier, and MOM just stated that Trayvon Martin could run a four minute mile if he was in decent shape. That is ludicrous. I think 5 high school runners have ever run a 4 minute mile. He just showed no idea what he was talking about. I am guessing he meant a 100 yards or something, I am really confused what exactly he meant.

It could take up to an hour to read the jury instructions, according to Bill Sheaffer on WFTV.

http://www.wftv.com/s/zimmerman-livestream/

JMO, but with Judge Nelson's speed reading, I think it may only take half that time.

Personally, after watching many trials, I like it when a judge reads jury instructions more slowly, and doesn't rush it, as I consider the jury instructions to be extremely important.
Every jury trial I've been on had the judge give the instructions and we were given a written copy while deliberating.

MOO, I've been on so many jury trials I can't remember if all of the judges gave us written instructions.:bang:

:thud: :thud:

I am going to strongly disagree that Trayvon is not a victim.

Did I miss where the prosecution brought up the plot regarding transferring the money from GZ's defense fund and the second passport? TIA.

Of course the prosecution didn't bring it up, it's irrelevant to this case.

Great post, Chris. I agree with you 100%. If Trayvon had been white, we wouldn't be here. Hope this day brings justice for Trayvon and his family. My heart breaks for them.

If GZ had been black we wouldn't be here either. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member