George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General discussion #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's another thing the defense totally DISproved to me.That girl is not being coached by anyone.She wants to push this whole thing away from her mind and she hates having to talk about it.

Exactly, and personally, I don't find that all that difficult to comprehend.

FOR TONIGHT ONLY TRICIA'S TRUE CRIME RADIO WITH SHERYL MCCOLLUM WILL START AT 11:30 PM EASTERN TIME.

SHERYL AND HER STUDENTS FROM THE COLD CASE INVESTIGATIVE RESEARCH INSTITUTE WILL BE ON "AFTER DARK" ON HLN TONIGHT 10 PM EASTERN.

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN LIVE TONIGHT 11:30 PM EASTERN

Well, the most that I got from the trial today is that TM & GZ were both prejudiced. That may have caused both of them to act in a manner that neither would have acted in under other circumstances. I think there's a morality tale here............prejudice is not only bad, it is dangerous.

I just want to say...the first 48.... omg...I just about died inside from laughter. I think only the man behind TM's dad understood that.

I loved it. My favorite moment of the testimony. And she was right, by the way.

IMO Rachel's attitude was very disrespectful. You don't openly complain about being questioned more and you don't talk back or roll your eyes at the lawyers OR prosecutors. Maybe it was youth or who she was raised around, but I'm the same age as her and I found it offensive. However, I don't think her lying does anything for the prosecution or defense. She could have just been traumatized. It depends on what the jury believes.

Again, she is not a professional. She was not called as an expert witness, so comparing her with ALV is not really fair to her.

LOL!! While we're on the subject of ALV. GZ fits her description of stalker perfectly and thanks to this young witness, that stalking was entered into evidence.

That's the thing. People keep saying she's a liar. But apart from a few silly lies she told not related to Trayvon's death and his final moments, she, to my knowledge has never deviated from her story and despite being soft spoken and unsure of herself at times, has been very clear and adament that Trayvon was being followed and that they did exchange words just before the scuffle broke out. Her story of what she heard, again, to my knowledge has not changed. She seems deeply affected by the fact that she was on the phone with Trayvon when the fight that claimed his life broke out. That must be very hard to deal with.

But I felt for his parents today. I am sure they are wishing Trayvon's final conversation happened with someone who was a little better spoken and had less of an attitude. I believe her, but she has an attitude problem that may turn people off to what she's saying. What she is saying is so valuable but it's hard to follow her. And the lies may hurt her even if they were irrelevant. That's disappointing.

There's also absolutely no evidence that she's been coached so I think people should qualify that point with a MOOOOOO! JS.

She IS a liar, The state admitted this..... This is a fact.

Well, she's not a professional. She's a very young woman who's been through a horrific event.

yep imo if anything she is showing she was anything but coached for this testimony and that she and trayvon are just kids, especially when she said that trayvon would come over and they would play games and ride bikes

LOL!! While we're on the subject of ALV. GZ fits her description of stalker perfectly and thanks to this young witness, that stalking was entered into evidence.

GZ is not being charged with stalking.

A 19 year old SHOULD understand that.
A 19 year old is an adult.

I was married with a full time job and a mortgage when I was 19.

Using age as an excuse, when you're talking about an adult doesn't seem logical to me.

Yes. I agree. I wasn't trying to minimize her age. But at the same time, 19 is still young. It's young but old enough to understand how to properly behave in court. That is if you are of a mature mindset. She obviously is not of a mature mindset.

The double standard about racial slurs is shocking! imo

That was what I meant by refreshing and honest.She didn't try to gloss over what was said between her and Trayvon.
I actually laughed a bit at the creepy *advertiser censored** cra**er comment in spite of the seriousness of her testimony.
Two young friends using humor with each other in a scary situation.

So you think the racial slur creepy *advertiser censored** cra**er is humorous?
Using HUMOR?

The double standards are ridiculous IMO.

I just thought she was a disaster for the state for so many reasons.... her use of racial slurs (attributed to TM)... her attitude - just treating the process with disrespect (eye rolling, asking "WHAT?" etc.)...admitting she didn't care or take seriously the other deposition.....BUT the biggest thing of all is - what this shows the jury about TM - if not his girlfriend she was someone he spent a lot of time with and apparently talked on the phone with. I have a son who is in his early 20's - he would not spend hours talking to a girl unless he liked her in some respect. It's hard to explain without speaking ill of her - I guess i'm trying to say her entire demeanor reflects poorly on TM.....

So if your son ends up dating a girl you don't like, or whose behavior you find objectionable, it will be all right with you if we consider her behaviors in making our evaluation of his character?

Just checking.

I just kept thinking "Juan would have a field day with her", especially when she started asking the defense lawyer if he was paying attention when she was semi trying to answer his impeachment questions.

I can hear Juan now "I ask the questions, you answer them."

I love Juan, and I miss him. But I don't believe he would have "had a field day with her." She has obvious problems (for which I hope she'll get help.) Juan would have tread in some way that would have made her feel more comfortable. I do think the defense tried that also, it just didn't work as well as Juan would have done it.

Okay - I didn't get it. Was there a 1st 48 special on this crime?

Thx.

Mel

lol! no, today on the stand the witness said she never called police because she watched first 48 and every time they investigate a crime, the first thing they do is call the last called number on the victims cell phone, and since they didn't she assumed they didn't need to talk to her

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bunny1998#