George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General discussion #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because she did and the state admitted it a while back.

I'll try and find a link, hang on.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/06/us/florida-trayvon-martin-case

let me know if the link worked

it worked ty!! but did you read it? they are referring to the fact that she did lie to trayvons parents about being in sick in the hospital the day of the wake cuz she was so upset and didn't want to see his body - but she has since admitted a long time ago about this - this article is over a year old, and imo a teenager trying to get out of a wake and seeing a dead body of her friend doesn't rise to the level that would impeach her entire testimony

Unfortunately, prosecutors don't get to pick who will be the "star" witness of the crime they are prosecuting. They are stuck with what they get. jmo

I just thought she was a disaster for the state for so many reasons.... her use of racial slurs (attributed to TM)... her attitude - just treating the process with disrespect (eye rolling, asking "WHAT?" etc.)...admitting she didn't care or take seriously the other deposition.....BUT the biggest thing of all is - what this shows the jury about TM - if not his girlfriend she was someone he spent a lot of time with and apparently talked on the phone with. I have a son who is in his early 20's - he would not spend hours talking to a girl unless he liked her in some respect. It's hard to explain without speaking ill of her - I guess i'm trying to say her entire demeanor reflects poorly on TM.....

I agree! I think these kids need something else to do besides staying on the phone and social media all day. Today's youth have a lot of pitfalls and traps to fall into. You really have to stay on top of them as parents to ensure they stay on track. It doesn't sound like that happened with the kids involved in this case. Sad to say.

I'm really interested to see how the media covers the racial slurs flying out of Trayvons mouth...They crucified Zimmerman for his supposed slurs..(which turned out to be false)

i missed the calls that were played in the courtroom, did they play the one where he called 911 about the suspicious 7 year old??

Wow. I might have missed one or two of those calls played today, but I do not remember hearing anything about a 7 year old. Now that's a little ridiculous. I'd be interested in hearing that one if anyone has a link to it.

it worked ty!! but did you read it? they are referring to the fact that she did lie to trayvons parents about being in sick in the hospital the day of the wake cuz she was so upset and didn't want to see his body - but she has since admitted a long time ago about this - this article is over a year old, and imo a teenager trying to get out of a wake and seeing a dead body of her friend doesn't rise to the level that would impeach her entire testimony

I agree---I think it was an insignificant lie. But if Mr. West needs 2 more hours to question her, there must be more to come. Tomorrow should be interesting.

Unfortunately, prosecutors don't get to pick who will be the "star" witness of the crime they are prosecuting. They are stuck with what they get. jmo

I would emphasize the word stuck in this case....

And can I just say that I am appalled at the media - if I had not tuned in today, I would think the case was just barreling along toward guilty. They are bleeping out her slur words (attributed to TM) EXCEPT the word "Creepy" - which entirely changes the meaning of what he was saying and gives a different interpretation to his frame of mind. imo

She didn't lie today. She explained today why she lied in the past. 5 of those jurors are Mothers and no doubt understand exactly why she lied because they're own kids would have lied too.

I'm really interested to see how the media covers the racial slurs flying out of Trayvons mouth...They crucified Zimmerman for his supposed slurs..(which turned out to be false)

I just posted about this - they are covering them up and only using the word "CREEPY" which changes everything - imo

How did the state admit she lied today and the state admitted it a while back? The state admits she lied in the past. She didn't lie today.

The fact that she is lying shows me she's not a truthful witness and she was in Miami when all this went down.

Wow. I might have missed one or two of those calls played today, but I do not remember hearing anything about a 7 year old. Now that's a little ridiculous. I'd be interested in hearing that one if anyone has a link to it.

i am tryng to find the recording, but this is from the log

36. April 22, 2011 – 7:09 p.m.
Type: TEL
Subject: Suspicious activity
Report: Juvenile black male “apprx 7–9” years old, four feet tall “skinny build short blk hair” last seen wearing a blue t-shirt and blue shorts

Hello Everyone :greetings: ! I am brand spankin' new to this community. Been lurking for awhile and decided to sign up. First let me congratulate you all on being able to keep this conversation civil, mature, and as polite as can be :). A lot of the other sites have just been awful with their comments :(. I tip my hat to all of you. Good points made here as well on both sides.

Anyway, I quoted the above post because I agree and understood where Rachel/Dee Dee was coming from as far as being frustrated, but I am wondering if her expression of having a snappy attitude will be a reflection on Trayvon as far as the jury is concerned. They may think that he had a similar attitude since people tend to gravitate towards friends who are similar in behavior to themselves. Just a thought.

I wondered about her being seen as a reflection of Trayvon as well.On the other hand I found some of her comments/reactions refreshing and dare I say honest.
I doubt she has been coached or if she has it didn't take.
I felt bad for the parents of Trayvon during her testimony.So much riding on her as a witness.
I do think West might have pulled out his hair if he had much left to pull.

I would emphasize the word stuck in this case....

And can I just say that I am appalled at the media - if I had not tuned in today, I would think the case was just barreling along toward guilty. They are bleeping out her slur words (attributed to TM) EXCEPT the word "Creepy" - which entirely changes the meaning of what he was saying and gives a different interpretation to his frame of mind. imo

HLN always bleeps out racial slurs, don't they? They slipped up though today and I heard the word "Cr@cker". Is that the word you are talking about?

She didn't lie today. She explained today why she lied in the past. 5 of those jurors are Mothers and no doubt understand exactly why she lied because they're own kids would have lied too.

bet your right - i saw alot of tweets today saying the jury looked like they were very annoyed w/ zimmermans attys

Neither have I

She also had an attitude with the prosecution.

IMO, it looked like she was offended that she even had to be there and that everyone was just wasting her time.

JMO

I just kept thinking "Juan would have a field day with her", especially when she started asking the defense lawyer if he was paying attention when she was semi trying to answer his impeachment questions.

I can hear Juan now "I ask the questions, you answer them."

The call about the 7 year old wasn't one of the 5 calls the state wants to admit IIRC from hearing them the other day. It's included in the big bundle of 40+ calls. I'll find you the link to that Moonie. It just supports the theory that some of us have that there's a level of paranoia existing in GZ that prompts him to be overly suspicious in general.

i am tryng to find the recording, but this is from the log

36. April 22, 2011 – 7:09 p.m.
Type: TEL
Subject: Suspicious activity
Report: Juvenile black male “apprx 7–9” years old, four feet tall “skinny build short blk hair” last seen wearing a blue t-shirt and blue shorts

o_O .......Wow. He was over the top with that one.

Thanks 4 sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member