George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General discussion #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, this is cross examination, not tea. The witness has been caught with inaccuracies, she's going to get asked, multiple times on this stuff.

IMO, I would be annoyed by DW, too. I think I would have exclaimed, "WHAT?" when he said it would take at least two more hours to cross. He repeats the same question over and over and over again...even after the questions have been asked and answered.

I personally think West is just trying to make sure she understands the questions asked. He is also trying to understand her answers.

I am having trouble following, and I have my volume all the way up.

IMO...

Things I have learned from all the trials I have watched through the years...

Never, Ever, be a witness. I would fold like a cheap suit, even when I was telling the truth.

IMO, I would be annoyed by DW, too. I think I would have exclaimed, "WHAT?" when he said it would take at least two more hours to cross. He repeats the same question over and over and over again...even after the questions have been asked and answered.

He is doing his job which is to spare his client's life. If she is inconvenienced for two hours...well ~ that is the price we pay to live in our society. imo

I find her completely credible. At the beginning she told a couple of lies about herself in order to avoid involvement, but once she realized she had no alternative she told the truth as she believed it. IMO

I agree, and I wish this could be over for her. It's rather embarrassing. God bless her.

O/T can you pause the Wild About Trial feed here like you could in the JA case?

Is there a witness list in order that they will be called? I haven't followed a trial in a long time. Am wondering who is next after Rachel. I've got class later and only discovered livestream of the trial yesterday.

Cross seems to be going better today. All the yes and no questions.

Is the TM family attorney going to testify?

Stuns me that people believe the accused when he has told several inconsistent stories. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems the judge agrees he's badgering her. Finally, I agree too. Enough. This is an enormous waste of time.

He is doing his job which is to spare his client's life. If she is inconvenienced for two hours...well ~ that is the price we pay to live in our society. imo

Is there a possibility that GZ will get the death penalty?

Now, if he's about to get to something, let's hear it. Sounds like he's about to make it clear she's been taught how to misrepresent the truth.

Stuns me that people believe the accused when he has told several inconsistent stories. IMO

The point in all this is if the jury believes a witness isn't credible in one aspect of their testimony, what else isn't she credible about? GZ isn't testifying, she is.

I didn't think this was a death penalty case?

Sent from my LG Spirit using Tapatalk 2

I really wish West would quit badgering her, :(

I really feel sorry for her, she sounds so sad.

Sent from my LG Spirit using Tapatalk 2

IMO he is not badgering her -- it appears difficult to get a straight answer.

She doesn't think [modsnip] is a racial comment.
The actual word was censored by the forum software, but the "creepy *advertiser censored** cracker" comment many not be considered racial by some people. The other term used by RJ, well, I will leave that one alone.

"Florida crackers" are defined as cattlemen who used whips to herd their cattle:
The Florida "cowhunter" or "cracker cowboy" of the 19th and early 20th centuries was distinct from the Spanish vaquero and the Western cowboy. Florida cowboys did not use lassos to herd or capture cattle. Their primary tools were cow whips and dogs. Florida cattle and horses were small. The "cracker cow", also known as the "native" or "scrub" cow averaged about 600 pounds (270 kg) and had large horns and large feet.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_cracker#Cracker_Cowmen
Also: http://www.thehistorychannelclub.co...39/florida-crackers-americas-tropical-cowboys

When I was a kid, the county I grew up in, Polk County, Florida, had an anniversary of its formation. One of the events was a musical play about the early days and one of the songs was about crackers, complete with a man wielding a whip. Nothing about the term was considered racial or offensive back then.

All of this of course is IMO and JMO.

Because she has

IMO

Did you even read the post that you quoted. It had nothing to do with the witness. The statement was made about the defendant. You know, the one on trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member