George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General discussion #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After a solid week of this travesty of a trial, I am convinced the Prosecution could give a hoot about convicting Zimmerman and are just going through the motions to satisfy convention when an unarmed child is killed.

They threw Rachel Jeantel directly under the bus and treated her like a curiosity at the carnival they concocted. They didn't oppose her 7 blinking hours of grueling, often insulting grilling by the wearisome Defense.

When relevent testimony, like that of Selma Mora ( and others ) made salient points, they let them slip into obscurity and refused to utilize them against the defendant. Are they playing for the Defense ? A lot of you have asked Why they called 'that' witness. Well there's the explanation , in my estimation. They just want to help free GZ and make the case go away.:moo:
What motivation would they have for this?

Remember, this is nothing new. The same prosecutor that is trying the case was set to have the trial go to grand jury because he didn't think there was enough probable cause to arrest Zimmerman based on what they had. Angela Corey is the one that dissolved the grand jury and stuck de la Rionda with these shenanigans.

Tell us what you hear.

I will! :seeya:
Probably will not check it out until later in the evening though, watching 2 trials at the moment (GZ and Levi Chavez)....I don't think I can triple task, lol

It's funny this whole augment about whether emergency/nonemergency issues orders that must be followed. Who really thinks you're legally obligated to follow 911 operators' instructions? You follow because you are in an emergency situation and need help. It is implied that they are telling you to do the safest, wisest thing.

I don't even understand why I need to state this as it is so obvious.

Someone was trying to break into my home and I called 911, informed them of the situation and also that I had a gun. The dispatcher to told me to put the gun down---police were on the way. My response was let me know when the police arrive at my home and THEN I'll put the gun down. The advice they give you isn't always the best advice although I would agree in this case, it was sound advice. He should have stopped following TM and returned to his vehicle and none of this would have happened.

After a solid week of this travesty of a trial, I am convinced the Prosecution could give a hoot about convicting Zimmerman and are just going through the motions to satisfy convention when an unarmed child is killed.

They threw Rachel Jeantel directly under the bus and treated her like a curiosity at the carnival they concocted. They didn't oppose her 7 blinking hours of grueling, often insulting grilling by the wearisome Defense.

When relevent testimony, like that of Selma Mora ( and others ) made salient points, they let them slip into obscurity and refused to utilize them against the defendant. Are they playing for the Defense ? A lot of you have asked Why they called 'that' witness. Well there's the explanation , in my estimation. They just want to help free GZ and make the case go away.:moo:

I think you're probably right. The prosecution certainly doesn't seem to have a passion for proving Zimmerman guilty. If you recall, they had decided not to charge him and in fact only charged him (if I remember correctly) when it seemed their community was in danger of rioting if they didn't.

The prosecution has nothing to work with, really - evidence that would win their case just doesn't appear to exist.

I've always thought Zimmerman was in the wrong but don't know why. He very well could have been afraid for his life when he shot. I don't know. But some things bother me, like a couple of witnesses ( will say IMO since I don't have it to quote) say they say a vertical struggle first. GZ said he was sucker punched and fell. That wouldn't have indicated a verticle struggle. It bothers me where TM was laying. It bothers me a person hears the screams, gun shot, and then comes out of his house and walks down to the crime scene, not knowing what was going on or who was out there. GZ's demeaner afterwards bothers me. The matter of fact answers to what he did. Imagine being scared for your life, screaming for someone to help you...the adrenaline rush you are having and then all the sudden its gone?

Whether or not he should be found guilty I don't know, and these small things that nag me might not even matter if he was scared for his life at the time.

If the state wants to get their conviction, they better have some dang good testimony coming up from experts that can dispute Georges accounts.

I'm thinking he was JMO

Yes they do and it better be hit it out of the ball park grand slam testimony IMO

Do we ever feel George having any remorse in killing a teenager?
George seems to be more concerned about his broken nose and getting a police release to go back to work.

Sure. You asked for evidence of what was clearly stated as my opinion. I provided evidence.

Just to be clear, you posted a statement as though you knew for a fact that this was what happened.

With his fists, like he taught that bus driver a lesson.

There is quite literally no evidence of any kind that this ever took place. Just a tweet wanting to know if it had.

I will have to go look at other pictures. I have only seen the ones of his nose bloody and the one taken at the PD of his nose/front facial injuries. Can someone please direct me to where those are? TIA

i am listening to his dr on the stand right now, he had 2 superfucial lacerations on the back of his head that did not require stitches and didn't have any headaches, blurry vision or dizziness, so basically it was 2 little cuts

IIRC= If I Recall Correctly, just in case anyone was wondering what that meant.

I find if very odd that GZ trains MMA style 3 times a week and a witness used this exact term in his statement.

Do we ever feel George having any remorse in killing a teenager?
George seems to be more concerned about his broken nose and getting a police release to go back to work.

We can't say one way or another because we are not George.

JMO

I would of in order to save my own life

JMO

No, I would have been smarter not to confront someone esp. since if I had no idea they had a weapon.

I would have just gone straight home.

JMO

Hey - how's this for an alternative scenario: instead of making racist remarks and doubling back to try to to beat GZ to a pulp, what if TM had responded to GZ initial contact by putting out his hand and saying "hey bro. Didn't mean to worry you. My name is Trayvon and I just moved in here with my dad." You know, like a normal, not spoiling for a fight person might do.

ETA sorry Ilove! I was just jumping off your post and see now that it sounded like a challenge to you which I definitely didn't mean!

i am listening to his dr on the stand right now, he had 2 superfucial lacerations on the back of his head that did not require stitches and didn't have any headaches, blurry vision or dizziness, so basically it was 2 little cuts

And a broken nose.

BBM

DIBSY, If GZ gets off free the above bolded will never happen. I fear for racial retaliation and doom. MOO

I keep hearing this one alot and when I watched the reenactment and his statements what I think I remember GZ saying was that he spread out his arms. TM's top of his arms were actually spread with his lower arms then folding back toward the body with hands under.

So just for arguments sake: Is it possible that GZ pulled the arms outward slightly but due to TM's weight on the ground on top of his hands they didn't come out from the body?

I wonder this because GZ said he wanted to see if TM had something in his hands he was hitting him with but he never says whether he saw his hands or anything in them.

in the tape he was pretty specific that he spread hout his arms all the way, so he could secure him so tn could not attack - even though he was dead - so w/ that story, there is no way the hands could still be under tm

I've always thought Zimmerman was in the wrong but don't know why. He very well could have been afraid for his life when he shot. I don't know. But some things bother me, like a couple of witnesses ( will say IMO since I don't have it to quote) say they say a vertical struggle first. GZ said he was sucker punched and fell. That wouldn't have indicated a verticle struggle. It bothers me where TM was laying. It bothers me a person hears the screams, gun shot, and then comes out of his house and walks down to the crime scene, not knowing what was going on or who was out there. GZ's demeaner afterwards bothers me. The matter of fact answers to what he did. Imagine being scared for your life, screaming for someone to help you...the adrenaline rush you are having and then all the sudden its gone?

Whether or not he should be found guilty I don't know, and these small things that nag me might not even matter if he was scared for his life at the time.

If the state wants to get their conviction, they better have some dang good testimony coming up from experts that can dispute Georges accounts.

Not sure which witness you're talking about, but John testified today that they were vertical at first, but it was clarified that he actually meant perpendicular to his porch at first with Trayvon on top of George.

That would be one answer. The other reason could be because they have no evidence to back up the charges. The state was forced into this and they are doing the best they can.

That is assuming we believe RJ.

....I was trying to quote 2 above posts regarding RJ's testimony but messed up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand