George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If GZ gets manslaughter (IMO, highly unlikely), this judge would sentence him to the full 30 years. She's so pro-state she should try the case herself (IMO).

That would be so wrong. Yes they fought and a man lost his life. But I haven't heard, read or seen any proof whatsoever that GZ did anything except to defend himself.

What I have seen and read is that Trayvons family and the media have been deceitful from the beginning. They presented us with pictures of a small 13 year old boy when in fact he was 17 and 6'1". And bigger than GZ. They said his dad was at his finances home but the stepmother said something entirely different to Anderson Cooper. And to present a solid front, the stepmother was left out of all of it though she had cared for Trayvon. Everyone jumped on the black vs. white bandwagon, which was never the case and never the issue.

Yes, it's a tragedy but GZ shouldn't go to prison for murder. There was no murder IMO.

Have you read how many times GZ called 911 in the past?

47. GZ says that he was in charge of calling for him neighbors, but most of the calls are from GZ and what he is seeing and reporting, not from neighbors asking him to call for them.

You have a right to use deadly force to prevent what you feel is a legitimate threat to the life of another. Obviously, since that's entirely subjective, you're going to have to establish that it was reasonable for you to believe such a threat existed.

Not just the life of another - "imminent great bodily harm" to yourself or another person is justification to use deadly force in Florida.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0700-0799/0776/0776.html

IMO - GZ saying that Trayvon said "you got me" is total BS and not physically possible. Nor did Trayvon sit up. GZ did not put Trayvon's arms out either. IF he did, was he so kind to tuck the "suspects" hands back underneath his body.

Can someone here that is supporting this self defense case, please answer my earlier question. If there were prior reports about his neighbors house being robber, GZ was the one who called it in, GZ states the neighbor left his house unlocked etc...how in the world did GZ not know the name of the street? GZ knew the street name! Then, he states that the dispatcher told him they needed the "exact location"...that didn't happen. It's not on the tape. This is why I can't buy his story. From the very beginning, he didn't tell the truth. Why? People who don't have things to hide, tell the truth! From his own recordings and statements, he clearly knew the dispatcher told him not to follow Trayvon. Those are GZ's words.

Facts and some opinion.

I live in a reasonably small sub division and I don't know all the street names and they all start with one letter. I have lived here for 8 years.. I don't think in the dark, Driving around not paying attention to signs but more looking for someone it is not unreasonable to know know exactly what street you may be on... IMO

IMO - GZ saying that Trayvon said "you got me" is total BS and not physically possible. Nor did Trayvon sit up. GZ did not put Trayvon's arms out either. IF he did, was he so kind to tuck the "suspects" hands back underneath his body.

Can someone here that is supporting this self defense case, please answer my earlier question. If there were prior reports about his neighbors house being robber, GZ was the one who called it in, GZ states the neighbor left his house unlocked etc...how in the world did GZ not know the name of the street? GZ knew the street name! Then, he states that the dispatcher told him they needed the "exact location"...that didn't happen. It's not on the tape. This is why I can't buy his story. From the very beginning, he didn't tell the truth. Why? People who don't have things to hide, tell the truth! From his own recordings and statements, he clearly knew the dispatcher told him not to follow Trayvon. Those are GZ's words.

Facts and some opinion.

I am having the same issue with GZ's story. IMO, GZ was astonishingly calm after all of this went down and even now during the trial. GZ never flinches at the site of TM's body when they show that picture but GZ certainly got annoyed or upset (or showed the first sign of emotion) today when they accidentally showed his address and personal information on the projector. GZ's behavior is just odd to me and I can see why he would be perceived as creepy. IMO.

This is not about whether people still use the term. My step dad still uses it. This is about the age and generational use of the term. Kids my age and teens don't use it anymore. It's out of date.
Guess that depends on where you are. I've heard it around Atlanta's youth plenty.

In your opinion...

In my opinion...
It is very possible that he did not know he was dead. Police will do the same thing.. Even if a suspect is down, Make sure he hands are not near weapons.

How does his written and audio statement that he was on top of Trayvon, spread out Trayvon's hands and arms and held him there until LE arrived (his words) add up to Trayvon's arms and hands being folded up under his body?

I understand LE does this, but in this case, there are pictures of Trayvon's body with his arms tucked under his body. GZ's own words don't match the evidence regarding the placement of the body. Did he move it back? How did Trayvon end up the way he did if GZ is telling the truth?

I am having the same issue with GZ's story. IMO, GZ was astonishingly calm after all of this went down and even now during the trial. GZ never flinches at the site of TM's body when they show that picture but GZ certainly got annoyed or upset (or showed the first sign of emotion) today when they accidentally showed his address and personal information on the projector. GZ's behavior is just odd to me and I can see why he would be perceived as creepy. IMO.

I don't find his behavior odd. I know some may find it odd, But I know plenty of people who are not FREAK OUT people.. I would have freaked out. FOR SURE. But I know people that have completely different personalities And stay calm in the face of great tragedy. WE don't know that he did not go home and cry, Or have great anquish.. IMO

IMO - GZ saying that Trayvon said "you got me" is total BS and not physically possible.

Actually it is quite possible for a bullet to destroy the heart completely YET the person can be conscious and MOBILE for 20 seconds or so (that is not my opinion that is fact). Theoretically they can also shoot back or otherwise continue to fight during that period of time.

I read that many years ago when researching the use of firearms for self defense. A shot taking out the brain is the ONLY guarantee they will stop instantly.

QUESTION
A gunshot that destroys either the heart or the brain produces instantaneous death. True or false?

ANSWER
For the brain, true. For the heart, false. A person can remain conscious for ten to fifteen seconds or more after his heart has been destroyed. It is possible, in other words, to live and even function without a heart for this length of time. This is because unconsciousness and death comes when the brain, not the heart, is deprived of oxygen. In one recorded case, a victim whose heart was literally shredded by pellets from a 12-gauge shotgun fired from three feet away was able to run for 65 feet before collapsing. As you can imagine, this was a cause of considerable initial confusion to the detectives investigating the case. http://aaronelkins.com/Forensic_Tidbits.html

This statement read in court doesn't make sense. GZ's version. GZ says he was on top of Trayvon, spread out Trayvon's arms and hands, asked someone to help him apprehend Trayvon. Ummm...Trayvon was dead. IMO - Trayvon didn't move after and his hands were tucked under his body. How did his body end up that way. Doesn't line up to GZ's story. IMO

That contradicts the male witness Mr. Good who said Zimmerman was on the bottom yelling help.

So where are we today? I've watched very little of it because it's boring. Has the defense had the chance to cross the female police officer? If not, my guess is she'll be there for the remainder of the day if West is questioning today.

I REALLY wish the judge would take the defense aside and tell them enough repetition. Ask a question once, twice for clarity, and then move on. This hours long questioning over minor points is so tedious - I'm sure the jury is getting irritated. I certainly would be, being sequestered. I'd ask for 1/2 hour lunch breaks too I think, provided this defense quits burning up the clock.

Shoots a teenager and walks away. No attempt to check pulse, revive, look for wounds nothing. I just pulled out my firearm and shot him.
George it was a little more then just a shot.
You killed him.
George is cold as ice.

Overwhelming evidence that Zimmerman is telling the truth.

Lets remember this:

1. Trayvon's dad originally said that was not his sons voice yelling for help and changed his mind.

2. Trayvon's mom said this was a tragic accident and then recanted.

3. Zimmerman passed a voice stress analysis at the police station--indicated he was telling the truth.

4. The recorded interview that Zimmerman did matches exactly to what witness Goodman said.

5. Witness Rachel said that Trayvon got to his "daddy's fiance's house."

6. Witness Selene, who lives on the same side of the street as the Martin Townhouse, heard running from 'left to right' which was heading back toward the T-intersection and not toward Trayvon's house. In other words the actions weren't heading toward Trayvon's house, but coming back to the T-intersection, Trayvon runs the 100-yard dash in under 10-seconds and to walk it just takes 45-seconds and had plenty of time to get home. If he was already near home as Rachel's points out, why did he got back to the T-intersection?

7. Goodman saw Trayvon on top going MMA style on Zimmerman, indicating that's why Zimmerman had significant 'fighting' injuries, and Zimmerman had no 'fighting' injuries.

8. Grass stains were on Zimmerman's back clothes, and Trayvon's knees, indicating most of the action was Trayvon on top.

9. Goodman testifies that the action moved toward from the grass to the concrete sidewalk.

10. The reason some people saw Zimmerman on top was because it was after the shot was because he spread his hands and he told Martin not to move.

11. We also know that the early pic of Trayvon were him as a young child--not the strong HS football player that once carried his dad out of a building.

12. Rachel also said Zimmerman was the 'heavy-breathed' guy. Why does a guy out of breath start a fight, makes no sense.

Clearly as some experts are now saying this case shouldn't have been brought because it is a clear case of self-defense. Martin was already home according to Rachel but chose to head back toward the T-intersection running left to right pass Selene's townhouse.

Seriously disagree

In Reply
1. Mr. Martin may not have heard the recording properly, he may have been too upset, OR like Zimmerman, decided differently later on.

2. That's before all the evidence came out.

3. Those are unreliable and not permitted as evidence.

4. Goodman's tale is not neccessarily accurate and doesn't fit the testimony of other witnesses who were there and were neighbors.

5. Rachel's testimony didnt' change nearly as often as that of some others and I think she is correct about the location at that time.

6. Most of them said they couldn't see hardly at all in the drizzle and dark. But the light near Salma Mora's home was reportedly better and she saw GZ on top just before the shot.

7. I agree that Zimmerman had no MMA fighting injuries because he is the one who was trained in MMA fighting. Google it

8. Grass stains have no time limitations AFAIK

9. That would be in direct conflict of what Zimmerman related.

10. Pure unestablished conjecture.

11. Ahh, a factoid among the assortment of WAGS Which has no true bearing on the case

12. Because he had a gun, in this case.

The trial was probably brought about because the Florida Powers That Be were made to realize they weren't going to get away with sweeping this killing under the carpet like so much unwanted dirt. However I do not see the Prosecution doing anything other than going through the motions to appease most Americans who aren't racially biased. IMO

All In My Opinion.

I live in a reasonably small sub division and I don't know all the street names and they all start with one letter. I have lived here for 8 years.. I don't think in the dark, Driving around not paying attention to signs but more looking for someone it is not unreasonable to know know exactly what street you may be on... IMO

If I remember correctly there are only 3 street in that complex. It's odd that GZ is the head of the neighborhood watch yet he can't remember 3 street names. Ijs.

MOO

How does his written and audio statement that he was on top of Trayvon, spread out Trayvon's hands and arms and held him there until LE arrived (his words) add up to Trayvon's arms and hands being folded up under his body?

I understand LE does this, but in this case, there are pictures of Trayvon's body with his arms tucked under his body. GZ's own words don't match the evidence regarding the placement of the body. Did he move it back? How did Trayvon end up the way he did if GZ is telling the truth?

I think Trayvon pulled his arms up under his body in a kind of reflexive comforting posture.

I don't see any reason for GZ to have lied or misspoken about pulling his hands out, and no one else would have put his hands back under his chest.

I don't know. I think it has more to do with how he fell. I think that GZ just pulled at TM's arms and pulled them apart a little. I don't have an answer for you, But it still does not point to murder for me. Not yet. We will see, I am going day by day seeing if Murder can be proven, and so far they have not for me. JMO

Actually it is quite possible for someone fatally shot through the heart to be conscious and MOBILE for 20 seconds or so (that is not my opinion that is fact). They can also shoot back during that period of time.

I read that many years ago when researching the use of firearms for self defense. A shot taking out the brain is the ONLY guarantee they will stop instantly.

OT but that's interesting in re: to Jodi Arias.

Oh poo! If you have young black friends on Facebook, you'll see "homey" and tons of other expressions used every day.

Just have to say NC, IMO homey has been replaced by the N-word that ends with an-A. I think a lot of younger people (even some who are not AA) use that term in referring to "buddies". I think it can also be used in terms of someone as a person in general....What does that ***** think he is doing?

I could be wrong, my son is just past teen years. Then again my son is a different kind of kid/young adult, that term is not in his vernacular (he is an internet *nerd*, he leans more towards that type of slang).
Plus he did not grow up with the ACTUAL N word in his world, so the slang shortening of it would not be used by him either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamzie