George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All witness that have testified that the victim never got up. Maybe there will be one who backs up GZ's statement that Trayvon sat up. Did not happen in my opinion.

It's always bothered me that GZ never checked for a pulse.

That and listening to his version if events bothers me. He makes it sound like has been watching too many action movies....in the early days before I really leaned one way or another watching him describe events gives me the same feeling that I have now...that he is exaggerating his side so he does not get in trouble. Making it sound better. It sets my bs meter off. Reminds me too much of stories I would hear from kids over and over about why they decided to fight but they kept leaving out details or changing facts to fit their story.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Overwhelming evidence that Zimmerman is telling the truth.

Lets remember this:

1. Trayvon's dad originally said that was not his sons voice yelling for help and changed his mind.

2. Trayvon's mom said this was a tragic accident and then recanted.

3. Zimmerman passed a voice stress analysis at the police station--indicated he was telling the truth.

4. The recorded interview that Zimmerman did matches exactly to what witness Goodman said.

5. Witness Rachel said that Trayvon got to his "daddy's fiance's house."

6. Witness Selene, who lives on the same side of the street as the Martin Townhouse, heard running from 'left to right' which was heading back toward the T-intersection and not toward Trayvon's house. In other words the actions weren;t heading toward Trayvons house, but coming back to the T-intersection, Trayvon runs the 100-yard dash in under 10-seconds and to walk it just takes 45-seconds and had plenty of time to get home.

7. Goodman saw Trayvon on top going MMA style on Zimmerman, indicating that's why Zimmerman had significant 'fighting' injuries, and Zimmerman had no 'fighting' injuries.

8. Grass stains were on Zimmerman's back clothes, and Trayvon's knees, indicating most of the action was Trayvon on top.

9. Goodman testifies that the action moved toward from the grass to the concrete sidewalk.

10. The reason some people saw Zimmerman on top was because it was after the shot was because he spread his hands and he told Martin not to move.

11. We also know that the early pic of Trayvon were him as a young child--not the strong HS football player that once carried his dad out of a building.

12. Rachel also said Zimmerman was the 'heavy-breathed' guy. Why does a guy out of breath start a fight, makes no sense.

Clearly as some experts are now saying this case shouldn't have been brought because it is a clear case of self-defense. Martin was already home according to Rachel but chose to head back toward the T-intersection running left to right pass Selene's townhouse.

Makes sense to me.

None of us really know what happened. So I feel so sorry for the jurors. The State's CIC is weak to this point. I couldn't sentence GZ to prison for murder. It's possible manslaughter because it is obvious a man lost his life in the scuffle. If it is manslaughter, IMO GZ should only get probation.

If GZ gets manslaughter (IMO, highly unlikely), this judge would sentence him to the full 30 years. She's so pro-state she should try the case herself (IMO).

Here is the deal.

If there is even a hint of snarkiness in a post a time out will happen.

No more warnings.

Please do not state opinion as fact. Add "In My Opinion" to your post.

Thank you,

Tricia

Does a witness to a brutal beating such as being described here have the right to use deadly force to stop it?

If GZ gets manslaughter (IMO, highly unlikely), this judge would sentence him to the full 30 years. She's so pro-state she should try the case herself (IMO).

I don't find this judge pro either side. She seems pretty rough on both sides.

This is not about whether people still use the term. My step dad still uses it. This is about the age and generational use of the term. Kids my age and teens don't use it anymore. It's out of date.

My kids are 21 and 25. They use it all of the time. Their friends do as well. I was just at a family BBQ with a group of them and they used that term to refer to each other, as a joke, but quite often. "As in Hey Homie, pass me a beer..."

Hold him by the elbows/upper arms to insure he didn't move?

I just watched the video of gz giving the walk through. He shows and says that he spread his arms out. Then I think someone else says something and the issue gets dropped. I was surprised at this comment since the arms were under the body.

I will be constantly surprised as this trial goes along, I would have been a good juror, I know very few details. So this was something that stood out to me.

and that he could not remember or did not know the name of the street. there are 3 total streets in the development and he is the neighborhood watch captain. he didnt know the name of the street. (that was one of the reasons he gave for walking to the dog area. plus passed the condo on the right that had the house number. (with the bush that was talked about, but did not totally obstruct the number)

I think my biggest problem is that as much as it pains me that TM is dead, There is no proof it was anything more than what GZ says it was.

I need proof to convict someone for murder and send them to prison.

There are no gas cans, No destroyed cell phones, Nothing that shows he meant for TM to end up dead.

It all comes together for me as a tragic horrible event in which TM attacked GZ and GZ had no choice but to shoot him to save himself.

MHO.

What bothers me a lot about this case, Is that a lot of people were looking out their windows but no one came out to help except one guy. Maybe if more people came out it never would have happened.

I don't ever see my young black friends using the term "homey."
We have a predicament. I don't think I'm allowed to copy and paste posts from Facebook here. Hmmm, how about we google #homey and see what shows up?

My kids are 21 and 25. They use it all of the time. Their friends do as well. I was just at a family BBQ with a group of them and they used that term to refer to each other, as a joke, but quite often. "As in Hey Homie, pass me a beer..."

Yeah, that's why I can't, IMO, based on what I know and my own experiences picture a kid like Trayvon saying, in all seriousness "You're gonna die, homey." When I first heard that while watching George's re-enactment it gave me pause. It just doesn't ring true to me.

Does a witness to a brutal beating such as being described here have the right to use deadly force to stop it?

You have a right to use deadly force to prevent what you feel is a legitimate threat to the life of another. Obviously, since that's entirely subjective, you're going to have to establish that it was reasonable for you to believe such a threat existed.

Not only that, but we know LE is obligated to warn about their firearm, whether in plain clothes OR uniform...and supposedly Zimmerman " rode with police officers on patrol because he wanted to be one of them .) " IMO

In the United States? I don't think I have EVER heard a cop say " I have a firearm!". Not even on the numerous cop shows!

Private citizens are under NO obligation to announce they have a firearm. I am a scrawny female, if I think someone is about to physically attack me I am sure NOT going to tell them "Look, I have a gun, and if you try to attack me then I will start trying to pull my gun out so you better back off!"

They could quite possibly either jump me BEFORE I got my weapon out OR they may decide to shoot me before hand. No sensible gun owner would EVER announce they were carrying if they thought a physical attack was imminent.

We have a predicament. I don't think I'm allowed to copy and paste posts from Facebook here. Hmmm, how about we google #homey and see what shows up?

People on twitter spell it "homie". I just googled it and it appears that's the correct spelling...homie.

JMO, as usual

Well, there might be. Some here have said that the bullet hit his heart and it exploded. That would have caused Trayvon to lose consciousness instantly. That's a medical fact. The same thing happens to people who have sudden heart attacks. One second fine, the next second, they're gone.

IMO - GZ saying that Trayvon said "you got me" is total BS and not physically possible. Nor did Trayvon sit up. GZ did not put Trayvon's arms out either. IF he did, was he so kind to tuck the "suspects" hands back underneath his body.

Can someone here that is supporting this self defense case, please answer my earlier question. If there were prior reports about his neighbors house being robber, GZ was the one who called it in, GZ states the neighbor left his house unlocked etc...how in the world did GZ not know the name of the street? GZ knew the street name! Then, he states that the dispatcher told him they needed the "exact location"...that didn't happen. It's not on the tape. This is why I can't buy his story. From the very beginning, he didn't tell the truth. Why? People who don't have things to hide, tell the truth! From his own recordings and statements, he clearly knew the dispatcher told him not to follow Trayvon. Those are GZ's words.

Facts and some opinion.

I wouldn't say it's a predicament. We just don't know the same young black people. MOO

I'm not going to argue with you. Trayvon is dead, we can't hear how he sounded. Once again, Trayvon RAN from GZ. Obviously, Trayvon wanted to get away from GZ, not chase him. People who RUN from someone, usually means they are in fear and do not want to be near the person following them.

My main question is where is the evidence that Trayvon circled back to GZ when he was actually running from him? I haven't seen any evidence of Trayvon "circling" back and people keep stating it over and over again, as fact. It's not in my opinion factual and there has been no evidence to state it as fact. Again, JMO. Feel free to disagree.

Respectfully, I would submit that George presents his story pretty believably on the tape (and in several others places, with little to no deviation from the original story, according to court testimony this morning/afternoon). And what he says on there, to the detective, is that he is walking down the sidewalk, and doesn't see Trayvon anywhere. He is talking to the 911 dispatcher at that time.

Here's a link to the recording (from Youtube): [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9A-gp8mrdw"]George Zimmerman 911 call about Trayvon Martin UnRedacted - YouTube[/ame]

I'm trying to be objective, and hopefully logical, about how to analyze this case, because, if I want to be a true sleuth, I need to be open to whatever the facts are. Here's what I've found:

2:09 George says that TM is running toward the back entrace of the complex. He starts to take off after him, but the dispatcher says (2:25) they don't need him to do that. GZ says "O. k." and, according to his account, and the sounds on the recording, he stops running after Trayvon.

2:40 Zimmerman says "He ran." To me, that implies that Mr. Martin is gone. Otherwise, George would have said, "He's still running," or something to that effect.

2:58 GZ says he would like to meet with the officer that's on his way. This is not the behavior of someone who is in eyeshot of a possible dangerous perpetrator. George would have, if he could see Trayvon, be saying something like "I can see him - he's turning left about three houses down."

GZ decides that, instead of meeting the officer at the mailboxes, the officer can call him. Again, he's just having a normal conversation with the dispatcher. This points to TM not being anywhere in sight.

But once George is off the phone, Mr. Martin suddenly appears, starts walking toward GZ, and it goes downhill from there.

“George Zimmerman Reenactment Of Trayvon Martin Shooting (Part 2)”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=KxmO9hXHC_o&feature=fvwp

If I thought for a second that Zimmerman was some kind of vigilante, and not just a neighborhood watchperson who happened to see a strange-acting person on the way to the store, I'd be all for his being strung up - and I'm not even a death penalty person! But that's not what I'm seeing here, amongst the evidence that we have available.

Thanks to everyone for keeping it real - it's nice that WS is a place we can discuss these events freely, though we may feel strongly about our particular positions. :twocents

I'm not quite sure how to ask but is "homey" common slang for teenagers? I've never heard the time outside of tv and it sounded odd but I haven't been around teens a long while.

It was in the 90's, seems kind of dated to be used today.
I suppose one could tho, but I would think it would be used comically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamzie