George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be so wrong. Yes they fought and a man lost his life. But I haven't heard, read or seen any proof whatsoever that GZ did anything except to defend himself.

What I have seen and read is that Trayvons family and the media have been deceitful from the beginning. They presented us with pictures of a small 13 year old boy when in fact he was 17 and 6'1". And bigger than GZ. They said his dad was at his finances home but the stepmother said something entirely different to Anderson Cooper. And to present a solid front, the stepmother was left out of all of it though she had cared for Trayvon. Everyone jumped on the black vs. white bandwagon, which was never the case and never the issue.

Yes, it's a tragedy but GZ shouldn't go to prison for murder. There was no murder IMO.

ITA. IMO) this trial is a travesty.

I think what sticks in a lot of people's minds (including my own), is that GZ put himself in this situation. The situation was not "thrust" on him. I truly don't believe the State has a case for M2 here, but many feel there should be some culpability on the part of the defendant due to that one fact.

Although I don't think a lengthy prison sentence in this case is the answer, I believe GZ should be held accountable for initiating the sequence of events that ended up with a young man laying dead in the rain, who wasn't doing anything wrong. If you're going to carry a loaded weapon, you need to do it responsibly. And I think GZ's actions were irresponsible.

I would not want to be sitting on this jury either.

All MOO.

Seriously disagree

In Reply
1. Mr. Martin may not have heard the recording properly, he may have been too upset, OR like Zimmerman, decided differently later on.

2. That's before all the evidence came out.

3. Those are unreliable and not permitted as evidence.

4. Goodman's tale is not neccessarily accurate and doesn't fit the testimony of other witnesses who were there and were neighbors.

5. Rachel's testimony didnt' change nearly as often as that of some others and I think she is correct about the location at that time.

6. Most of them said they couldn't see hardly at all in the drizzle and dark. But the light near Salma Mora's home was reportedly better and she saw GZ on top just before the shot.

7. I agree that Zimmerman had no MMA fighting injuries because he is the one who was trained in MMA fighting. Google it

8. Grass stains have no time limitations AFAIK

9. That would be in direct conflict of what Zimmerman related.

10. Pure unestablished conjecture.

11. Ahh, a factoid among the assortment of WAGS Which has no true bearing on the case

12. Because he had a gun, in this case.

The trial was probably brought about because the Florida Powers That Be were made to realize they weren't going to get away with sweeping this killing under the carpet like so much unwanted dirt. However I do not see the Prosecution doing anything other than going through the motions to appease most Americans who aren't racially biased. IMO

All In My Opinion.

Agree with most of this. On point #12, I would also add that this "hard-breathing man" was quite likely, imo breathing hard because he had been running to catch up with TM. Once he did catch up, it's highly likely to me that he grabbed TM to detain him, knowing he had a gun to protect himself from the so-called "punk."

Were there any bushes as GZ stated in his interview? GZ stated that Trayvon jumped out of the bushes. The officer on the stand said there were no bushes. Anyone figure this one out yet?

There are small bushes on some of the townhomes. IMO, they were too small for a 5'11 young man to be able to successfully hide behind.

That would be so wrong. Yes they fought and a man lost his life. But I haven't heard, read or seen any proof whatsoever that GZ did anything except to defend himself.

What I have seen and read is that Trayvons family and the media have been deceitful from the beginning. They presented us with pictures of a small 13 year old boy when in fact he was 17 and 6'1". And bigger than GZ. They said his dad was at his finances home but the stepmother said something entirely different to Anderson Cooper. And to present a solid front, the stepmother was left out of all of it though she had cared for Trayvon. Everyone jumped on the black vs. white bandwagon, which was never the case and never the issue.

Yes, it's a tragedy but GZ shouldn't go to prison for murder. There was no murder IMO.

IMO...

My issue with this is that GZ had *no* reason to call NEN and report Trayvon. Just because GZ didn't know Trayvon didn't make Trayvon suspicious. GZ first says that Trayvon is just walking about. Trayvon's actions didn't seem suspicious until GZ started following him in his vehicle. Then suddenly GZ is reporting that Trayvon was on something or messed up or whatever the phrasing he used. GZ wasn't on duty as the NW person that night. Trayvon wasn't doing anything suspicious, and so IMO, GZ should have just kept on driving out to Target. This happened in a very large complex. People have visitors and house guests all the time. The comment about the people always getting away makes me think that his mindset and goal that night was to catch a bad guy. I just want to know what made him think Trayvon Martin was someone that needed to be apprehended? He was there lawfully, not trespassing, not breaking any laws. WHAT made GZ so suspicious of him?

Just because GZ didn't recognize Trayvon does not mean he had a reason to call the police. In regards to the racial profiling people say happened... I want to know if GZ would have called the police for a white person doing the same thing? Did he ever call the police and report white people that were suspicious? If he did, what was the proportion of suspicious white people vs suspicious black people? I'm not saying I think he racially profiled Trayvon. I just want to know what made him so suspicious of Trayvon vs. what made him so suspicious of the other people he called reports on.

I think what sticks in a lot of people's minds (including my own), is that GZ put himself in this situation. The situation was not "thrust" on him. I truly don't believe the State has a case for M2 here, but many feel there should be some culpability on the part of the defendant due to that one fact.

Although I don't think a lengthy prison sentence in this case is the answer, I believe GZ should be held accountable for initiating the sequence of events that ended up with a young man laying dead in the rain, who wasn't doing anything wrong. If you're going to carry a loaded weapon, you need to do it responsibly. And I think GZ's actions were irresponsible.

I would not want to be sitting on this jury either.

All MOO.

I think LE agrees with you; the initial police report recommended a 2nd degree murder charge, and criticized GZ for just that reason:

"“The encounter between George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin was ultimately avoidable by Zimmerman if Zimmerman had remained in his vehicle and awaited the arrival of law enforcement or conversely if he had identified himself to Martin as a concerned citizen and initiated dialog in an effort to dispel each party’s concern. There is no indication that Trayvon Martin was involved in any criminal activity at the time of the encounter.”
http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...-report-changed-4-times-george-zimmerman-case

That's a completely reasonable statement, and one with which I agree wholeheartedly.

I live in a reasonably small sub division and I don't know all the street names and they all start with one letter. I have lived here for 8 years.. I don't think in the dark, Driving around not paying attention to signs but more looking for someone it is not unreasonable to know know exactly what street you may be on... IMO

But when you are the NW Captain, I would assume that being very familiar with the neighborhood is part of the job.

I think LE agrees with you; the initial police report recommended a 2nd degree murder charge, and criticized GZ for just that reason:

"“The encounter between George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin was ultimately avoidable by Zimmerman if Zimmerman had remained in his vehicle and awaited the arrival of law enforcement or conversely if he had identified himself to Martin as a concerned citizen and initiated dialog in an effort to dispel each party’s concern. There is no indication that Trayvon Martin was involved in any criminal activity at the time of the encounter.”
http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...-report-changed-4-times-george-zimmerman-case

That's a completely reasonable statement, and one with which I agree wholeheartedly.

This seems to be a very reasonable assessment of the event, in my opinion. I remain convinced that Mr. Zimmerman was the proximate cause of this tragedy.

Golly, according to what the female police officer just testified in court, Zimmerman was even " profiling " her that night, because of the Cross she wore about her neck, as a Christian who would always think murder was wrong. IMO

I see GZ as rampantly paranoid overall. IMO

Does anyone know if there were reports Shellie did witness a home invasion in progress? Or is that another exaggeration of GZ'z?

Golly, according to what the female police officer just testified in court, Zimmerman was even " profiling " her that night, because of the Cross she wore about her neck, as a Christian who would always think murder was wrong. IMO

Huh? Because he asked about her cross? IMO?

That info about the cross?? Seems to help defense as the witness comes off as saying it is okay to defend your own life..

And that GZ did not even know he was dead.. JMO

IDK, sounded like it could be kind of manipulative. Like when Jodi says I am against killing under any circumstances, to solidify the fact that they would never kill unless they had to.

IDK, sounded like it could be kind of manipulative. Like when Jodi says I am against killing under any circumstances, to solidify the fact that they would never kill unless they had to.

That does not sound at all like JA to me. Just a quiet reflection.. Not anything more.

I don't think we can compare this to any other case especially one of PRE MED Murder.

IMO

I'm not sure I'd characterize an attempt to discuss faith beliefs in a time of personal tragedy, with someone who is wearing a cross or some other religious artifact as "rampantly paranoid". Rather, reaching out to a believer for christian counsel.

Well, Jodi and Casey were certainly story tellers, though how good they were is a matter of individual opinion.

Sorry. I apologize if using the term "good" sounds insensitive in regards to the crimes they were accused of. I was being facetious. I just meant that they were able to weave a story full of lies in a split second. Not that I felt they were really good at it. I should have worded that differently.

Does anyone know if there were reports Shellie did witness a home invasion in progress? Or is that another exaggeration of GZ'z?

I believe the answer to that would be back in archived police reports. Not real sure if Seminole County/Sanford PD archives online or not. I couldn't find it during a brief search but it might be there or it could be requested via public records. I'm would imagine both sides have that info. JMO

How much blood was on GZ that was Trayvons? I just heard testimony that GZ shot Trayvon while straddling him. Wouldn't there be blood on GZ chest or face? Well I get the answer latter gotta get back to work.

So I went to look at video from HLN on the crime scene. I was not sure It was allowed to be linked so I did not.. but there are bushes of all sizes all over the community.

I know that. But, GZ gave a specific location and the officer who is testifying said there were no bushes there, where GZ pointed to. Just a small piece...IMO

That does not sound at all like JA to me. Just a quiet reflection.. Not anything more.

I don't think we can compare this to any other case especially one of PRE MED Murder.

IMO

Well, there's no way of knowing why he said it. But it's an odd thing to mention under those circumstances. Could be manipulative, could be a quiet reflection. I guess it depends on which side you're on. I was just saying it reminded me of something Jodi would say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamzie