George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was just testimony wherein a female police officer said that George was asking about her cross, as to whether she was Catholic. She said no, that she was Christian. He said that Catholics believe that killing is wrong, or something to that effect.

The female police officer said that, according to what GZ had just described, if that was a true description, that that kind of situation was not what God meant by "Thou shalt not kill." Her statement was basically that commandment doesn't apply when you're defending your life.

I know that. But, GZ gave a specific location and the officer who is testifying said there were no bushes there, where GZ pointed to. Just a small piece...IMO

Well, I see bushes everywhere and considering how dark it was and rainy by guess is that he did not need to be completely hidden to be out of sight, Just behind them crouching down in the darkness..

JMO

IMO...

My issue with this is that GZ had *no* reason to call NEN and report Trayvon. Just because GZ didn't know Trayvon didn't make Trayvon suspicious. GZ first says that Trayvon is just walking about. Trayvon's actions didn't seem suspicious until GZ started following him in his vehicle. Then suddenly GZ is reporting that Trayvon was on something or messed up or whatever the phrasing he used. GZ wasn't on duty as the NW person that night. Trayvon wasn't doing anything suspicious, and so IMO, GZ should have just kept on driving out to Target. This happened in a very large complex. People have visitors and house guests all the time. The comment about the people always getting away makes me think that his mindset and goal that night was to catch a bad guy. I just want to know what made him think Trayvon Martin was someone that needed to be apprehended? He was there lawfully, not trespassing, not breaking any laws. WHAT made GZ so suspicious of him?

Just because GZ didn't recognize Trayvon does not mean he had a reason to call the police. In regards to the racial profiling people say happened... I want to know if GZ would have called the police for a white person doing the same thing? Did he ever call the police and report white people that were suspicious? If he did, what was the proportion of suspicious white people vs suspicious black people? I'm not saying I think he racially profiled Trayvon. I just want to know what made him so suspicious of Trayvon vs. what made him so suspicious of the other people he called reports on.

Oh, I absolutely believe he racially profiled TM. For example, if there's a serial killer on the loose, and the news reports that it's a white male between the ages of 35 and 45, do people automatically start calling the police on every white male they see walking around that fits that description? No, they don't. They actually look for suspicious behavior (but in many cases, surprisingly, people ignore highly suspicious behavior that it turns out later would have caught a killer). I think to call the police on a young, black teen just for walking around is pretty ridiculous. In any case, once he called the cops, GZ's job was done.

Overwhelming evidence that Zimmerman is telling the truth.

Lets remember this:

8. Grass stains were on Zimmerman's back clothes, and Trayvon's knees, indicating most of the action was Trayvon on top.

*Respectfully Snipped by Me*

This is the one I continue to have issue with. I do not see grass stains on eithers (GZ or TM) pants. If they were both on the ground, and at some point both on their knees, on a rainy night in the grass.....would both not have way more evidence of it on their clothing? Especially pants around the knee area? Look at the pics below, am I the only one who can not see it?

(I cropped TM down to pant legs, I hope it is ok to post that, if not I will remove mods).

gz1.jpg

GZ2.jpg

pants.jpg

Well, there's no way of knowing why he said it. But it's an odd thing to mention under those circumstances. Could be manipulative, could be a quiet reflection. I guess it depends on which side you're on. I was just saying it reminded me of something Jodi would say.

Exactly. There is no way of knowing. He had just been through something traumatic. I would think nothing of reaching out to talk to someone I felt was the same faith as I was.

IMO

How much blood was on GZ that was Trayvons? I just heard testimony that GZ shot Trayvon while straddling him. Wouldn't there be blood on GZ chest or face? Well I get the answer latter gotta get back to work.

I don't believe there was any blood on GZ!

IMO

*Respectfully Snipped by Me*

This is the one I continue to have issue with. I do not see grass stains on eithers (GZ or TM) pants. If they were both on the ground, and at some point both on their knees, on a rainy night in the grass.....would both not have way more evidence of it on their clothing? Especially pants around the knee area? Look at the pics below, am I the only one who can not see it?

(I cropped TM down to pant legs, I hope it is ok to post that, if not I will remove mods).

View attachment 35330

View attachment 35331

View attachment 35332

I actually see something on the knees of TM pants.. Not sure what..

On jeans Grass stains may not be so obvious..

Oh, I absolutely believe he racially profiled TM. For example, if there's a serial killer on the loose, and the news reports that it's a white male between the ages of 35 and 45, do people automatically start calling the police on every white male they see walking around that fits that description? No, they don't. They actually look for suspicious behavior (but in many cases, surprisingly, people ignore highly suspicious behavior that it turns out later would have caught a killer). I think to call the police on a young, black teen just for walking around is pretty ridiculous. In any case, once he called the cops, GZ's job was done.

Yes...I believe a ton of people call the police if they see a suspicious white dude....especially if it was reported on the news...

Well, I see people wearing religious symbols all the time. I can't remember ever asking any of them about them.

*mod snip* But I notice when people are wearing crosses. I have talked to people about them. I thinkthe reason most people wear them is to show their faith. IMO

IMO...

My issue with this is that GZ had *no* reason to call NEN and report Trayvon. Just because GZ didn't know Trayvon didn't make Trayvon suspicious. GZ first says that Trayvon is just walking about. Trayvon's actions didn't seem suspicious until GZ started following him in his vehicle. Then suddenly GZ is reporting that Trayvon was on something or messed up or whatever the phrasing he used. GZ wasn't on duty as the NW person that night. Trayvon wasn't doing anything suspicious, and so IMO, GZ should have just kept on driving out to Target. This happened in a very large complex. People have visitors and house guests all the time. The comment about the people always getting away makes me think that his mindset and goal that night was to catch a bad guy. I just want to know what made him think Trayvon Martin was someone that needed to be apprehended? He was there lawfully, not trespassing, not breaking any laws. WHAT made GZ so suspicious of him?

Just because GZ didn't recognize Trayvon does not mean he had a reason to call the police. In regards to the racial profiling people say happened... I want to know if GZ would have called the police for a white person doing the same thing? Did he ever call the police and report white people that were suspicious? If he did, what was the proportion of suspicious white people vs suspicious black people? I'm not saying I think he racially profiled Trayvon. I just want to know what made him so suspicious of Trayvon vs. what made him so suspicious of the other people he called reports on.

Agreed. I would also like to know why GZ never identified himself? There was plenty of time to do so. I believe none of this would have happened if GZ (the adult in this situation) had asked TM a couple of questions. GZ assumed right off the bat that this kid was up to something when all GZ saw was a kid walking in the rain. The neighborhood clearly has residents of all sorts of races and nationalities. It was more than possible that TM lived in the neighborhood but GZ just didn't know him. This case is just so sad because it was so unnecessary, IMO.

Golly, according to what the female police officer just testified in court, Zimmerman was even " profiling " her that night, because of the Cross she wore about her neck, as a Christian who would always think murder was wrong. IMO

I see GZ as rampantly paranoid overall. IMO

BBM Golly, Dibsy, I bet you'd be surprised to realize that you "profile", too, whenever you first meet someone, IMO. We all do, we have intuitions, we notice the person's physical attributes, what they're wearing, what they are saying to you in conversations, if their shoes are polished, ETC.

We take in all kinds of verbal/nonverbal clues about someone we first meet, so we "profile", them too?

IMO, the term "profiling" is being expanded beyond its meaning. Really, GZ just noticed her cross and asked her if she were Catholic? For Pete's sake, all is MHO, IMO, MOO

And that is you, But I notice when people are wearing crosses. I have talked to people about them. I thinkthe reason most people wear them is to show their faith. IMO

Two subjects I avoid, especially with someone not familiar to me, is religion and politics. I certainly wouldn't ask a complete stranger about their religious beliefs on the basis of a piece of jewellry they're wearing. JMHO though.

I don't like it when they refer to a victim as "passed". He was killed. It's not like he died in his sleep. JMO

Also, I don't believe for one second that GZ didn't know Trayvon was dead!! JMO

I am having the same issue with GZ's story. IMO, GZ was astonishingly calm after all of this went down and even now during the trial. GZ never flinches at the site of TM's body when they show that picture but GZ certainly got annoyed or upset (or showed the first sign of emotion) today when they accidentally showed his address and personal information on the projector. GZ's behavior is just odd to me and I can see why he would be perceived as creepy. IMO.

From watching him in court and on the tape with the police, it seems that's just his personality. GZ is consistently quiet and low-spoken (is that a phrase? IDK :blushing:).

There are big bushes also. At least 5- 6 ft tall bushes in places.

Not in the area where GZ says TM would have come out of. You can see the size of the bushes on the reenactment video. They were too small for a 5'11 young man to hide behind, imo.

Golly, according to what the female police officer just testified in court, Zimmerman was even " profiling " her that night, because of the Cross she wore about her neck, as a Christian who would always think murder was wrong. IMO

I see GZ as rampantly paranoid overall. IMO

Perhaps he was looking for another catholic for spiritual comfort (IMO, I favor no religion).

Two subjects I avoid, especially with someone not familiar to me, is religion and politics. I certainly wouldn't ask a complete stranger about their religious beliefs on the basis of a piece of jewellry they're wearing. JMHO though.

This is becoming off-topic, so I don't want to continue this conversation too much longer, but as a devout Christian if I were in a crisis and noticed the police/emt/nurse/whoever wearing a religious symbol I might try to connect in that way. If I saw someone wearing a cross or a "fishers of men" bracelet or some other exclusively Christian artifact, I might reach out to them and even ask for a prayer.

It will probably come out in court whether GZ is a devout Catholic, I don't know. But it's common for Christians to embrace one another in tragedy and although some people feel that religious beliefs are strictly personal and shouldn't be discussed, I wouldn't assume that of a person who is publicly wearing a symbol of my religion.

Well, I see people wearing religious symbols all the time. I can't remember ever asking any of them about them.

People ask me about my religion, as well as my ethnicity, and I do not wear religious symbols (I'm not religious). I do not find anything odd about someone seeking religious support/kinship with another person in the situation GZ found himself in. JMO, OMO, MOO.

Yes...I believe a ton of people call the police if they see a suspicious white dude....especially if it was reported on the news...

True that

Isn't that how Elizabeth Smart was located?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamzie