George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You may not agree with the law but it is the law. So you need to change the laws if you want to find him guilty of murder. That is a whole other issue. We need to look at this case based on the law... JMO

Oh I definitely agree with you!

Every court case does determine, or I should say sets a standard for future cases. What ever the outcome I do hope that this case encourages conversation and action, on our country’s guideline on how issue concealed weapons permits and gun licenses.

In my opinion Florida is not a place I would want to live on many levels.

From photos of GZ's face and head 3 days after getting his head bashed into concrete walkway things just don't add up. I see no life threatening injuries on this person.
GZ is full of hot air IMO.

That's my other thing. Did the reaction (firing a gun into someone's chest) meet the threat? That one is up to interpretation and another reason this is a possible manslaughter case. It's JMO MOO IMHO ATM AMO...

So...Trayvon Ran, GZ was in fear of Trayvon, so GZ followed him. GZ's words in interview.

Hi All...
The photos just shown depicting GZ just hours after the shooting are so drastically different from the really swollen nose and bloody face/head photos. I have never seen swelling go down that much in a few hours ... Weird. Am I mistaking those pics? Were they taken the same night?

Also, I've been thinking about the fact that I am glad this went to trial. Even if GZ is acquitted ... The precedent that would have been set if this was NOT brought to trial is very troubling to me. "Stand your ground" is pretty open to interpretation and easily misunderstood. JMO.

According to GZ, Trayvon was smoking. No evidence to suggest this at all. Adding to his story...IMO. Does a smoker make you more suspicious? Geez..

Could it have been a joint? Wasn't there THC in TM's system. Just asking, don't attack me!

Interview: Never occurred to Zimmerman to simply ask Trayvon why he was there. Some neighborhood watch captain. JMO

IMO - Also, he was in fear of a confrontation with TM, but then when TM ran away from him, he get's out of his car and decides to pursue him. Absolutely no common sense at all and an unarmed teenager paid with his life.

Does anyone know if the jury has to find 2nd degree murder, or can they find a Manslaughter charge, for example. If no 2nd degree murder, is he acquitted?

Also, the witnesses are either not credible or just don't have much to report so I wish I did not feel like Zimmerman embellished his account. I really think he did in fear he had to justify his actions. If he had not, I think he would be more credible. I am really on the fence with this.

IMO - GZ claims TM threw 25-30 punches, yet nothing in the autopsy report of TM that would confirm this claim.

Correct. Add the fact that there were only minor injuries to GZ.

Now at the interview...GZ has a "bad memory". Can't remember street names. I don't believe this, never had. IMO - there is no way he didn't know the street name as he had reported it several times in the past.

Watching this video it all makes sense to me.

I think it proves that GZ was telling the truth because at this point, he has no idea what was heard or seen by neighbors.

I believe this happened as he says it did. I just don't see anything that says anything to the contrary.

Completely MO.

IMOO, I believe GZ is leaving out the fact that he was the initial aggressor because he knows this would now debunk his self defense stance. That is why there are some inconsistencies in his account of the event. That is MOO. I think GZ is exaggerating and misconstruing a lot of the facts.

Having one's head beaten into a hard surface creates an overwhelming fear. It doesn't matter how severe GZ's injuries ultimately were. What matters is whether he was in fear of his life and/or serious bodily injury. And, IMO, he clearly and believably describes that fear and the sort of attack he is claiming. I wonder what the consensus would be if TM had killed GZ. So many times I read of these horrific attacks where the victim is killed or permanently injured. (Will provide links to such attacks if they are required but most recently would be the EMT who was attacked at the sports game by supporters of the rival team.) Kicking or beating someone's head is brutal and I just can't agree that TM assaulting GZ was justified or that GZ's reaction was not justified. JMO, OMO, MOO.

Are u sure he said Trayvon was smoking or the last incident at that house a person was smoking up against the house?

How long was he suffocating you? GZ: "Felt like hours".. did I hear that correctly?

Are u sure he said Trayvon was smoking or the last incident at that house a person was smoking up against the house?

You might be right. Tape is hard to hear. Don't need any rumors so that is the last thing on this subject from me.

Hi All...
The photos just shown depicting GZ just hours after the shooting are so drastically different from the really swollen nose and bloody face/head photos. I have never seen swelling go down that much in a few hours ... Weird. Am I mistaking those pics? Were they taken the same night?

Also, I've been thinking about the fact that I am glad this went to trial. Even if GZ is acquitted ... The precedent that would have been set if this was NOT brought to trial is very troubling to me. "Stand your ground" is pretty open to interpretation and easily misunderstood. JMO.
My dad (who was a rogue, a rake, and a scoundrel for sure) had a "stand your ground law" he imparted to me and my sisters. It went like this: "If you're going to kill someone, make sure you get them in your house first." :jail::jail::jail:

IMOO, I believe GZ is leaving out the fact that he was the initial aggressor because he knows this would now debunk his self defense stance. That is why there are some inconsistencies in his account of the event. That is MOO. I think GZ is exaggerating and misconstruing a lot of the facts.

I don't think he was the aggressor at all. I think that it happened just as he said. He walked through past the T and then turned around and at around the T runs into TM. Fight ensues, TM is shot trying to take GZ's gun.

That all fits with what he says. I see nothing that it happens any other way. No evidence. Not just feeling or supposition but no evidence that contradicts GZ.

JMO

How did GZ use both hands to reach for his gun, unholster it, like he just did in the interview, if he was getting his butt kicked, head pounded?

GZ keeps insisting the dispatcher asked him if he still wanted LE to come. That didn't happen on the tape. JMO

I don't think he was the aggressor at all. I think that it happened just as he said. He walked through past the T and then turned around and at around the T runs into TM. Fight ensues, TM is shot trying to take GZ's gun.

That all fits with what he says. I see nothing that it happens any other way. No evidence. Not just feeling or supposition but no evidence that contradicts GZ.

JMO

IMO - the only "evidence" you are basing this on is the word of GZ; secondary gain would most definitely present, wouldn't you agree?

Do he use the word "homey"?

GZ: "I don't remember".

This tape is not good for GZ. Clearly, his stories have changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28