George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spoke to a long time gun permit owner. He said he avoids any altercations. Always will step back or allow plenty of distance between potential trouble maker and himself.
You do not want an aggressive person close to you.
You always clearly announce you are carrying a gun ahead of time before tempers arise.

While the reasoning for this going to trial is suspect, I can understand why, at the time, there was a public outcry. There are a couple cases right now where white on black crime, based on racism, are going unpunished by biased cops and prosecutors. So I can understand why some people felt, in the midst of this, it was happening again. A black kid was dead and he was not armed and the person responsible was free. I am not saying that is the case here. This is clearly a case where both parties found themselves at the wrong place at the wrong time, where their own personal prejudices affected their decision making. George Zimmerman is not a murderer. But that does not mean it doesn't happen and it's sad.

I think he also nulls most of the ear witnesses.

True, he is on the Defense's Witness List and I believe the Prosecution called him to make their own point; and has been successful in showing this sort of voice expert testimony is far too inconclusive to be useful or to prove anything in this case given there are not multiple examples of the voices of GZ and TM in an array of circumstances.

Spoke to a long time gun permit owner. He said he avoids any altercations. Always will step back or allow plenty of distance between potential trouble maker and himself.
You always clearly announce you are carrying a gun ahead of time before tempers arise.

And this is why I believe that GZ was not the aggressor. All he had to do is pull the gun and show it to TM and he would have sat there until the cops arrived. He could have had complete control with showing him the gun.

That gun was not pulled with malice but as a last resort when he was getting beaten.

IMO, GZ was not expecting a confrontation. IMO, he thought TM was fleeing and he was caught completely unaware.

While the reasoning for this going to trial is suspect, I can understand why, at the time, there was a public outcry. There are a couple cases right now where white on black crime, based on racism, are going unpunished by biased cops and prosecutors. So I can understand why some people felt, in the midst of this, it was happening again. A black kid was dead and he was not armed and the person responsible was free. I am not saying that is the case here. This is clearly a case where both parties found themselves at the wrong place at the wrong time, where their own personal prejudices affected their decision making. George Zimmerman is not a murderer. But that does not mean it doesn't happen and it's sad.

How was TM in the wrong place at the wrong time?

This is a lot of nothing if you ask me. I would have just let this guy go. I think this is nothing to the jury and tells them basically, We don't know and can not tell whose voice it is.

Move on.
I think this witness is being asked these questions so thoroughly to explain why any following witness would not be able to identify the source of the screams accurately, ie: Mrs. Martin or Mr. Martin or Mr. and Mrs. Zimmerman. I've read, in particular, that Mr. Martin initially said it wasn't Trayvon but later said it was. This most probably goes to that.

I think he also nulls most of the ear witnesses.

I agree. The only credible witness, IMO, is JG because he was an eye and ear witness. (And, apparently, he was a defense witness that the prosecution preempted too.)

I agree with some of the posters, it's boring.. lol.. It's hard to tell who was screaming when you have 2 people involved in a fight. I think the tone of the scream is telling, it sounds like someone is fearful for their life. I believe it was TM, I believe he saw the gun as GZ was trying to pull it out of his holster and the desperate cries begin, then they stop right after the shot was fired. :twocents:

IMO, GZ was not expecting a confrontation. IMO, he thought TM was fleeing and he was caught completely unaware.

I think the point my friend was making is you don't follow people with the chance of causing an altercation.

This prosecution sucks and this has to be the WORST prosecution team I have ever seen. (and I thought the people prosecuting Drew Peterson were making mistakes).

That's because they have a very weak case, IMO, no case at all. Had it not been political, it would not have been brought to trial. MOO

How was TM in the wrong place at the wrong time?

IT is not that he was not allowed to be there, but the happen stance of the situation.

Both had a right to be out and about. But their collision is the wrong place/wrong time reference.

Not that TM had no right to be walking home.

Oh boy. I've gone over this numerous times but I can once again, if you would like.

This question was asked to me as well. How far was TM's Father's girlfriend's residence from where he was killed?

Where's the fork? This case is done! (IMO of course). Good morning all!

IT is not that he was not allowed to be there, but the happen stance of the situation.

Both had a right to be out and about. But their collision is the wrong place/wrong time reference.

Not that TM had no right to be walking home.

Concisely said. That's why I find the whole thing so tragic.

I say one would need to have GZ scream in that courtyard, in the rain and at night.

Last year I spent 3 1/2 weeks in the hospital. I was just falling asleep, my back to the woman in the next bed when she suddenly started yelling and slapping the air (hallucination). I sat up and screamed so loud in a voice I didn't even recognize!! The next day I told my daughter about this and my omg moment of how I didn't even recognize my own scream it was so loud and high. I didn't even recognize myself...I doubt my parents would have recognized me either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fruit