George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion Thread 9 (For Friday)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA. Common sense indicates it had to be GZ screaming. Moreover, the evidence supports it.

IMO it is common sense that the one screaming wouldn't be the one with the gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is interesting, and important, for me to watch this ME testimony because what he says may sway me to not believe RZ. Right now, the testimony of John Good, the college professor, the detective, and the physician point to not guilty. IMO MOO

I waited with baited breath for the ME who did the autopsy on TM to give testimony. I wanted to know the truth about if he could move after the shot, could he have moved his hands under his body. (did John Good say he saw GZ move TM arms? I think so, but am not sure. MOO)

Now with this ME's circus tent performance this morning, I don't know if I would believe he hasn't come to the court with an agenda. Or, if that's not the case, if maybe he wasn't there in the room noticing what his assistants were doing. If the evidence was stored against protocol, what will that tell us?

Oh, websleuths.com, I wish I knew how to quit you! All opinion is my own.

Media coverage tonight...

I have never witnessed an ME testify with such precision and accuracy...

He was in total control of the courtroom...

One word...authentic...

TM didn't think he was a suspect in anything because he knew he was doing nothing wrong. GZ is the one who thought he was from the get go. GZ mistakes were costly, IMO. Again, I don't view GZ as a murderer at all, but my goodness, look what happened because of his mistakes. This is all I'm saying, it's a sad situation, but it's hard for me not have any feelings for a teen coming back from the store with Skittles/drink minding his own business wanting to watch a game on TV but never made it. I can't get past that. The past breakins in the neighborhood should have been left up to the police, NOT GZ, he was simply to report and that should have been it. To me he was way to involved in all this and got a bit too gun-ho and took it too far. IMO

The past breakins show the neighborhood to be an unsafe place. The police can only respond after something (maybe REAL bad) has already happened. A neighborhood watch is to prevent breakins, something GZ previous reporting probably did IMO.

GZ called 911 because TM was walking on people's lawns and peering in windows, "acting suspiciously."

I agree, Katie. I think this witness is trying so hard to ensure he is being understood with his accent. He is speaking slowly, and trying to clearly enunciate each word, even spelling some for the court reporter.

I would love to hear him explain this memory thing, though I am sure they won't let him. It is probably interesting. Obviously he's done some research about memory and has employed some philosophy about it.

But he does not seem to understand the courtroom mechanics, and it seems at odds with his obvious intelligence and studiousness regard his ME practice.

Just so weird!

I'm having a hard time understanding his language from his accent/semantics but also I can't follow a dang thing he's saying even when it's clarified.

How long as this Dr. been an expert witness? Scientists coming off emotional and belligerent (which is how I'm reading him) really diminish their credibility.

Sad for the State on this one.

TM didn't think he was a suspect in anything because he knew he was doing nothing wrong. GZ is the one who thought he was from the get go. GZ mistakes were costly, IMO. Again, I don't view GZ as a murderer at all, but my goodness, look what happened because of his mistakes. This is all I'm saying, it's a sad situation, but it's hard for me not have any feelings for a teen coming back from the store with Skittles/drink minding his own business wanting to watch a game on TV but never made it. I can't get past that. The past breakins in the neighborhood should have been left up to the police, NOT GZ, he was simply to report and that should have been it. To me he was way to involved in all this and got a bit too gun-ho and took it too far. IMO

That's what's very sad to me too and gets me. Trayvon made mistakes when it comes to George. He may have did things he probably shouldn't have done. But to me, it is really hard knowing he was just trying to get home to watch the NBA All-Star game and drink his tea and eat his Skittles while talking to his girlfriend (were the skittles for someone else?) and hang out and go to school on Monday not having any idea that he was on someone's radar for being "suspicious" and that those would be his last moments and that he wouldn't make it home to watch his game (I love the All-Star game too). This is not a clear cut case of murder. But I feel very strongly that George Zimmerman should in some way, in any way, be held accountable for the choices he made that ended in this kid's (yes KID, because he was a kid) life being taken.

Yes, and IMO this prosecution is strictly for political reasons.

Why? Because you would not want the man who you feel unjustly killed your child prosecuted? You would just accept the killers word for it? I think TM's family has every right to seek justice for their child. Nothing wrong with that. What is wrong is that the public had to get involved in order for that to happen. Smh.

Actually it is the Autopsy Report that must be public...and it is...to the pertinent people...but the ME's private notes are not public property.IMO
DW is quoting from the Autopsy Report....he doesn't need the notes...The ME testified he had done more than 3,000 autopsies...I see why he would need personal notes..it helps The Court for him to give more detail...it was preposterous for the defense to think they could commandeer the man's notes...bet they aren't willing to hand over their own...or those of George. IMO

Not made public, but certainly given to both party's attorneys. If he is TESTIFYING he cannot read from something not admitted into evidence.

Media coverage tonight...

I have never witnessed an ME testify with such precision and accuracy...

He was in total control of the courtroom...

One word...authentic...

Ah ha...authoritive..made it clear he was there during the entire autopsy.

Why? Because you would not want the man who you feel unjustly killed your child prosecuted? You would just accept the killers word for it? I think TM's family has every right to seek justice for their child. Nothing wrong with that. What is wrong is that the public had to get involved in order for that to happen. Smh.

I thought that this case was the state of Florida vs George Zimmerman.

The past breakins show the neighborhood to be an unsafe place. The police can only respond after something (maybe REAL bad) has already happened. A neighborhood watch is to prevent breakins, something GZ previous reporting probably did IMO.

GZ called 911 because TM was walking on people's lawns and peering in windows, "acting suspiciously."

No evidence he was peering in windows. GZ doesn't even say this on NEN call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ME was apparently in a blackout on the day of autopsy? This is unbelievable. He says he has absolutely no memory of that autopsy. I find this extremely difficult to believe. IMO

It may be something as obvious that this ME does autopsies on a daily basis due to crimes within the city and at the time he did this autopsy it was unremarkable to him because the case had not yet become a media event. Sad to think to him it may have just been another shooting of a young male at the time. Nothing stood out to him as significant. jmo

I didn't have any trouble understanding him. :dunno:

I don't think the court room in general did either...but can't be sure at this point. IMO

They're breaking for lunch now.

That's what's very sad to me too and gets me. Trayvon made mistakes when it comes to George. He may have did things he probably shouldn't have done. But to me, it is really hard knowing he was just trying to get home to watch the NBA All-Star game and drink his tea and eat his Skittles while talking to his girlfriend (were the skittles for someone else?) and hang out and go to school on Monday not having any idea that he was on someone's radar for being "suspicious" and that those would be his last moments and that he wouldn't make it home to watch his game (I love the All-Star game too). This is not a clear cut case of murder. But I feel very strongly that George Zimmerman should in some way, in any way, be held accountable for the choices he made that ended in this kid's (yes KID, because he was a kid) life being taken.

Yes, those Skittles were for his friend he was staying with :( This breaks my heart to no end, it really does and this is why I'm so interested in this case. TM, although I'm not black, could have been my younger brother so it pulls on my heart strings. He was just a teenager doing teen stuff, not always the best choices, but he's a teen :(

Question: When Trayvon left the 7-eleven, he called Dee Dee and had on his hand free ear buds. He also was wearing that button. However, after he was shot, the ear buds and button were found in his pocket. How could this be? I have my own theory but would like to hear what others think. MOO

Ok, he called it in, I get that, but it's what happened after that. TM standing on someone's lawn, this was a townhouse complex, was it not? Some lawns are public property if you will and standing on it, if in fact that was what he was doing, isn't a big deal to me. GZ said he's looking into people houses, somehow I doubt that, JMO. He may simply been looking around and not at someone's window peeking in. Why would TM do that? really? :twocents:

I don't think the court room in general did either...but can't be sure at this point. IMO

They're breaking for lunch now.

I freely admit my brain isn't at it's fullest power at the moment...I hope he was understood. At least the points they pulled him up there for.

<mod snip>
I think this witness is trying so hard to ensure he is being understood with his accent. He is speaking slowly, and trying to clearly enunciate each word, even spelling some for the court reporter.

I would love to hear him explain this memory thing, though I am sure they won't let him. It is probably interesting. Obviously he's done some research about memory and has employed some philosophy about it.

But he does not seem to understand the courtroom mechanics, and it seems at odds with his obvious intelligence and studiousness regard his ME practice.

Just so weird!

IMO, he mentioned the memory thing as an excuse as to why he remembered "nothing" about this autopsy. Maybe TM's body was just "another dead guy", since the case was not yet a media sensation, and he's too embarrassed to admit it (I understand, it's just his job, but it looks bad), or he didn't do the autopsy, one of his minions did. Just MO of course.

Ok, he called it in, I get that, but it's what happened after that. TM standing on someone's lawn, this was a townhouse complex, was it not? Some lawns are public property if you will and standing on it, if in fact that was what he was doing, isn't a big deal to me. GZ said he's looking into people houses, somehow I doubt that, JMO. He may simply been looking around and not at someone's window peeking in. Why would TM do that? really? :twocents:

It doesn't make any sense. I feel that the peering in windows part is a projection or an embellishment to make GZ's actions seem even more justified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo