George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion Thread 9 (For Friday)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got to start taking notes, but do I remember this right? GZ says he doesn't know he shot TM. The neighbor with the flashlight comes out while GZ is standing over TM holding him down. The GZ and flashlight guy move about and get some pictures.
Hmmmm? I wonder why GZ wasn't concerned about TM getting up then.
Does anybody have a really tight timeline on all of this?

Question: When Trayvon left the 7-eleven, he called Dee Dee and had on his hand free ear buds. He also was wearing that button. However, after he was shot, the ear buds and button were found in his pocket. How could this be? I have my own theory but would like to hear what others think. MOO

There is a crime scene photo with the earbuds laying right beside Trayvon's head. Not in his pocket..I think LE put them in there later.

Media coverage tonight...

I have never witnessed an ME testify with such precision and accuracy...

He was in total control of the courtroom...

One word...authentic...

Which is why, IMO, if there is an acquittal, also MO, there will be angry people, that is so MO.

IMO, he mentioned the memory thing as an excuse as to why he remembered "nothing" about this autopsy. Maybe TM's body was just "another dead guy", since the case was not yet a media sensation, and he's too embarrassed to admit it (I understand, it's just his job, but it looks bad), or he didn't do the autopsy, one of his minions did. Just MO of course.

That is exactly what I am thinking!

One word...authentic...

LOL, you nailed it - SAD, but TRUE. Just watch them heads talk.

My opinion only

I've got to start taking notes, but do I remember this right? GZ says he doesn't know he shot TM. The neighbor with the flashlight comes out while GZ is standing over TM holding him down. The GZ and flashlight guy move about and get some pictures.
Hmmmm? I wonder why GZ wasn't concerned about TM getting up then.
Does anybody have a really tight timeline on all of this?

If you take notes, you may have to share them with the class so watch what you say.:floorlaugh:

Ok, he called it in, I get that, but it's what happened after that. TM standing on someone's lawn, this was a townhouse complex, was it not? Some lawns are public property if you will and standing on it, if in fact that was what he was doing, isn't a big deal to me. GZ said he's looking into people houses, somehow I doubt that, JMO. He may simply been looking around and not at someone's window peeking in. Why would TM do that? really? :twocents:

IIRC (and I may be wrong since I haven't followed every single fact) but I believe that TM was purported to be on the lawn of GZ's neighbor whose home was robbed or attempted to rob or something along those lines only two weeks before. GZ saw him on someones lawn he knew very well and I think that prompted the suspicious according to GZ. The reason for TM doing that may not have been nefarious whatsoever but since this was the lawn of his neighbor who just recently had a problem, GZ thought it was strange. (IMO and someone else may know more than I do)

I freely admit my brain isn't at it's fullest power at the moment...I hope he was understood. At least the points they pulled him up there for.

No worries, Lady, I'm quite sure many other people had problems with his nuances, et al. Just giving my take....sure is vital the jury understand the ME.

Why? Because you would not want the man who you feel unjustly killed your child prosecuted? You would just accept the killers word for it? I think TM's family has every right to seek justice for their child. Nothing wrong with that. What is wrong is that the public had to get involved in order for that to happen. Smh.

The police on the scene investigated and found it to be self-defense. The local DA's office agreed.

The "public" got involved when the entire mainstream media (some of whom doctored the 911 tape) and certain high-ranking politicians seized on this event for their own reasons.

Again, IMO this trial is a travesty. And if GZ is so obviously guilty, why has the defense been able to turn so many prosecution witnesses to their advantage?

[/B]
Ha. I've been chatting on a language forum and someone has just flagged this so I thought I'd come here to see what the impression was.

I disagree with your point. It's very common with non-native speakers to become particularly fluent in short/fast expressions/sayings. 'No you can''t certainly fit that. One of my good friends is Italian. Her English isn't great but when she says 'hello' on the phone, people think she's native. She now has to say 'Hello' with less of a 'native' accent so people realise she's a foreigner.

Back to language forum now...

Thanks!! There are always words in foreign languages that Americans can pronouce quite well too. Not for one nano second did this witness play word games. IMO The idea any ME can recall over 3,000 autopsies perfectly is incredible to me. IMO

One word...authentic...

I wonder if you followed the Christian/Newsome murder trial in Tennessee? The ME there was absolutely spectacular - I use her as the yardstick to measure other ME's - and this one falls way, way short. IMHO

No evidence he was peering in windows. GZ doesn't even say this on NEN call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So he was just walking on people's lawns instead of the sidewalk? Suspicious behavior IMO.

The police on the scene investigated and found it to be self-defense. The local DA's office agreed.

The "public" got involved when the entire mainstream media (some of whom doctored the 911 tape) and certain high-ranking politicians seized on this event for their own reasons.

Again, IMO this trial is a travesty. And if GZ is so obviously guilty, why has the defense been able to turn so many prosecution witnesses to their advantage?

People keep saying this but I thought the lead investigator wanted to charge GZ, but was overruled?

Which is why, IMO, if there is an acquittal, also MO, there will be angry people, that is so MO.

IMO it's the whole Emperor's New Clothes thing. They seem to think if they report it a certain way, we'll believe them despite the fact that we actually watched the testimony and KNOW it wasn't how they are reporting.

They've reported on this case this way from the very beginning, with a clear agenda.

IMO

I wonder if you followed the Christian/Newsome murder trial in Tennessee? The ME there was absolutely spectacular - I use her as the yardstick to measure other ME's - and this one falls way, way short. IMHO

OT: but in your opinion who has been the worst?

So he was just walking on people's lawns instead of the sidewalk? Suspicious behavior IMO.

Maybe in your opinion. However my point was he was not peering in windows. <mod snip>

IMO

One word...authentic...

Lol!

After 4pm, HLN is banned from my home. I absolutely cannot stomach any of those shows anymore. The simple fact that they have Frank Taaffe on their panels is a clear indication of the class and intelligence level.

People keep saying this but I thought the lead investigator wanted to charge GZ, but was overruled?

As I recall, no one wanted to charge him. Finally, the lead investigator agreed after strenuous community pressure that he could find enough to attempt to charge him with Manslaughter.

Then, Game On.

IMHO

Any of the livefeeds allow you to pause and not miss anything? I'm going to run an errand and don't want to miss any of the AMAZING ME's testimony.

I think the State is seriously regretting making this their last witness. I wonder if they can/will call someone else? JMO.

There is a crime scene photo with the earbuds laying right beside Trayvon's head. Not in his pocket..I think LE put them in there later.
Possible TM placed them in his pocket as he went to confront GZ? MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashley216