George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion Thread 9 (For Friday)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I recall, no one wanted to charge him. Finally, the lead investigator agreed after strenuous community pressure that he could find enough to attempt to charge him with Manslaughter.

Then, Game On.

IMHO

I thought I read on here that he initially wanted to charge him with 2nd degree murder?

IMO it's the whole Emperor's New Clothes thing. They seem to think if they report it a certain way, we'll believe them despite the fact that we actually watched the testimony and KNOW it wasn't how they are reporting.

They've reported on this case this way from the very beginning, with a clear agenda.

IMO

Which is unfortunate, because people who aren't following the trial are getting a very different picture. IMO, the media created a conflict to garner ratings. Wy else would HLN be going wall to wall with coverage. A friend in Ocala told me yesterday that it is all that is on TV. It's all about $, does anyone really think the media gives a flying ca-ca about TM and his family? They just want the first post trial interview...IMO.

I'm sorry for spewing my intense distrust of the media all over this board.

I thought I read on here that he initially wanted to charge him with 2nd degree murder?

I don't have a link, but my recollection is no one wanted to charge him. That was why he wasn't, in fact, charged with a crime.

Then there erupted a huge media outcry and huge public response, and after awhile the lead agreed that the evidence would support manslaughter.

Then, the lead wrote in a note that he could back a manslaughter charge.

IMHO

Any of the livefeeds allow you to pause and not miss anything? I'm going to run an errand and don't want to miss any of the AMAZING ME's testimony.

I think the State is seriously regretting making this their last witness. I wonder if they can/will call someone else? JMO.

JMO but I would've called TM mom last if I was the State. End on an emotional note and not with a combative ME who the defense will challenge aggressively. IMO

Thought TM's dad is the one who allegedly said it wasn't him. His mother may have a different opinion. IMO why don't you believe GZ who himself said it didn't sound like him. Why does TM's mother have to be a liar?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also don't recognize my own voice when I hear it on an answering machine, but I surely KNOW that it is. Don't we all do that?

I did NOT say TM's mother is a liar. I've lied before in my life, and don't consider myself a liar. I said, it is MY OPINION that SM is lying on the stand and she knows why she needs to do it in this instance. MOO.

If the judge does not hold this witness in contempt. then this is a sign of clear and absolute bias. Every judge I have seen, even Ito, would not have tolerated such an outburst. But she seems very quick to slam down on defense attorneys.

The police on the scene investigated and found it to be self-defense. The local DA's office agreed.

The "public" got involved when the entire mainstream media (some of whom doctored the 911 tape) and certain high-ranking politicians seized on this event for their own reasons.

Again, IMO this trial is a travesty. And if GZ is so obviously guilty, why has the defense been able to turn so many prosecution witnesses to their advantage?

Could it be this trial is just a going through of the motions to please a large segment of the American public and that it's a charade as far as convicting Mr. Zimmerman?

I was given to understand that Chris Serino wanted to charge GZ with manslaughter....and the DA claimed there wasn't enough evidence...but that doesn't neccessarily mean there was not....IMO There can be all sorts of reasons the DA doesn't wish to prosecute, I have witnessed the politics in a DA's office...some cases simply are not popular......among certain quarters. IMO

Albeit I think on this past Tuesday and Wendesday the Prosecution made some valuable headway despite all odds. IMO

As I recall, no one wanted to charge him. Finally, the lead investigator agreed after strenuous community pressure that he could find enough to attempt to charge him with Manslaughter.

Then, Game On.

IMHO

Bingo. He's been overcharged in the matter. Manslaughter is far closer to his error than Murder2. TM made errors and he lost his life. GZ made errors and should've been charged with something other than murder. He needs to pay for his errors, certainly, but not for something he did not do.

IMO

Or, how long until Don West throws his pen down and says to the judge "I've had enough of this sh#t, I'm OUT!" and leaves to wax surfboards in Hawaii. Man , he is incredibly patient. What a look he had on his face when the judge wouldn't
stop the ME from giving a narrative near the end. He was so PO'ed.
MOO

I have read a lot of criticism of Mr. West on this thread. IMO, his opening joke was not needed and in poor judgment. That aside, I have watched him and he appears very calm, concerned and speaks well, an excellent attorney. O'Mara too. How he didn't lose it with this ME speaks well of him. This ME's attitude during testimony was freakish.

That's what's very sad to me too and gets me. Trayvon made mistakes when it comes to George. He may have did things he probably shouldn't have done. But to me, it is really hard knowing he was just trying to get home to watch the NBA All-Star game and drink his tea and eat his Skittles while talking to his girlfriend (were the skittles for someone else?) and hang out and go to school on Monday not having any idea that he was on someone's radar for being "suspicious" and that those would be his last moments and that he wouldn't make it home to watch his game (I love the All-Star game too). This is not a clear cut case of murder. But I feel very strongly that George Zimmerman should in some way, in any way, be held accountable for the choices he made that ended in this kid's (yes KID, because he was a kid) life being taken.

I pretty much think Zimmerman's life is ruined. He will be on the run for the rest of us life. Even if he is found innocent. So there's that.

And ditto for his family.

Any of the livefeeds allow you to pause and not miss anything? I'm going to run an errand and don't want to miss any of the AMAZING ME's testimony.

I think the State is seriously regretting making this their last witness. I wonder if they can/will call someone else? JMO.

I think that they will have a legal argument first. The defense said they had a proffer.

IMO - What makes walking on lawns suspicious?

In my opinion, an adult walking around aimlessly in several people's yards is suspicious and eye-catching.

Little kids do that - but usually adults don't. Maybe a condo complex is kind of different.

IMHO.

Please don't make excuses for this ME. He didn't just get a phone call this morning saying hey, come on down to the courthouse and testify on an autopsy you did 18 months ago. IMO He should remember this autopsy, if he did it, because it has been a hi profile case for over a year. Yet, he remembers absolutely nothing about this autopsy, nothing. jmo

In my opinion, an adult walking around aimlessly in several people's yards is suspicious and eye-catching.

Little kids do that - but usually adults don't. Maybe a condo complex is kind of different.

IMHO.

My thought was that TM was talking on the phone and in no hurry to get home. JMO, of course.

IMHO.

IMO - you inserted "walking around aimlessly" into your opinion...I asked what makes walking on lawns suspicious, which is exactly what that poster stated. IMHO there is NOTHING suspicious about walking in grass as opposed to the sidewalk. Can someone point me to a law that states you cannot walk in the grass if a sidewalk is present?

So he was just walking on people's lawns instead of the sidewalk? Suspicious behavior IMO.

If you peek at a map of the housing area, there are no "sidewalks" but dog walks as GZ called them. Lawns, driveways from the entrance to the front of the homes go straight up to the roads throughout. The dog walks are behind/between the town homes.

My thought was that TM was talking on the phone and in no hurry to get home. JMO, of course.

Yes, and he was also walking around on other people's property and getting right up close to other people's units. The thought is, he wanted to get out of the rain but didn't want to go home.

It does make sense that way, he was trying to use other people's porches but if I were witnessing that, it would catch my eye and I'd find it very suspicious. I think I'd sit and watch if I could.

IMHO.

I have read a lot of criticism of Mr. West on this thread. IMO, his opening joke was not needed and in poor judgment. That aside, I have watched him and he appears very calm, concerned and speaks well, an excellent attorney. O'Mara too. How he didn't lose it with this ME speaks well of him. This ME's attitude during testimony was freakish.

I really like these defense attorneys. They are very good and very professional, especially after watching the clowns in the Jodi Arias trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackie&Tim