George's Possible "Suicide" Letter

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully snipped to save space:

Magic-cat, your excellent points actually caused me to change my mind on this. I had felt that George's communications were none of the public's business, but, on reflection, I believe your line of thinking is more appropriate.
Thank you kindly...glad to be of assistance. :blowkiss:

So, Magic Cat, if the police were called by your attorney because you left a suicide text message and he was worried about you, does that then mean that it's the taxpayers' right to know and read your notes?
I do not have an attorney. I have not been on the national news for 6 months. My daughter did not murder her child who had been raised in my home. And if I decided to commit suicide, nobody would know it until AFTER the fact. But, IF all those things were true of me as they are of George, then I would know of a certainty that after I was gone it would all be made public.

Thank you for posting this, I just finished reading something similar when I did a google search. So, if suicide is not a crime, then why would GA's letter and everything he stated to LE, possibly be released to the public? IMO, this is a personal issue that should be kept between GA and those who are treating him.
Then his lawyer might should have not spoken to the MEDIA about it, don't you think? "Keep it secret-keep it safe"...

Hayley, So sorry to hear about the loss of your roomate, I know that must of been so very difficult for you. {{Hugs}}. I hadn't thought about the incident report being filed as a reason to make the matter public, but I see it as a possibility. I guess I just don't understand the reasoning behind making every single incident report public.
Florida Sunshine Laws...everything is made public...

As for the note. I would be INTENSELY interested to see what he wrote and to whom. I would especially be intrigued to know what the veiled comments were about her friends, and would love to see his manner of writing-it can tell you a great deal about an individual. Why do I care? Well, this has been a roller coaster ride from HADES from the beginning and George has been along for the ride. He is the father of one of the most cold-hearted and calculated FEMALE sociopaths that perhaps has been studied to this date. He is her father and therefore holds some clues as to who SHE is. He knows her intimately, and he knows her TRUTHFULLY. Cindy had told her co-worker that Casey yelled at George more than she did. This is very telling, as, except for the gas can incident, I have never heard George mention a word of his daughters treatment of him personally. I am interested in the truth, and if reading his letters, notes, or texts will help me arrive at the shores of that beautiful state-TRUTH-then I will pour over them for hours on end and analyze them frontward and backward and sideways and gleen ANYTHING and EVERYTHING from them that I can.

If that makes me uncompassionate well allright then. If I could get my hands on any member of that family's private correspondence of ANY kind I would read it and that includes their journals or anything else that became available for me to have access. If it will shed some light on how a monster such as Casey develops and if their are triggers or milestones they share in common (sociopaths that is) then I will read their most private thoughts and confessions. I likely won't feel so good afterward, but then again, who has felt good after listening to any one of the interviews with the police or the FBI? Who has felt good after listening to one lie after another being spewed in the media on a nearly daily basis by this family? I will suffer the bad mood or the bad feelings to get at the heart of what makes this evil woman tick...and if I have to read a suicide note to gain insight into this, then that is exactly what I will do...and without guilt or regret.

Originally Posted by Bev
So, Magic Cat, if the police were called by your attorney because you left a suicide text message and he was worried about you, does that then mean that it's the taxpayers' right to know and read your notes?

Also, if I were going to commit suicide I would not call my lawyer...I'd leave him a note too...

Thanks for responding. I understand your distaste for breaching what you feel is a privacy issue. While I feel for the guy in having his written thoughts released for public scrutiny (unless he wrote for public consumption, something we'll probably never know), I'm interested in what he has to say.

As far as I know, this would be the first communication from anyone in the family since the discovery of Caylee's remains. Obviously the "she's alive" thinking no longer applies. What has it been replaced with? Perhaps we can glean some insight into the family dynamic from reading George's thoughts. Or not.

Respectfully Snipped By Me For SpaceThen his lawyer might should have not spoken to the MEDIA about it, don't you think? "Keep it secret-keep it safe"...

ITA, I do not think GA's lawyer should have spoken to the media about the suicide issue.

Florida Sunshine Laws...everything is made public...

I do not agree with the Florida Sunshine Laws, as I do not believe the law should be applied to "incident reports", unless there are charges/indictments that follow IMHO.

As for the note. I would be INTENSELY interested to see what he wrote and to whom. I would especially be intrigued to know what the veiled comments were about her friends, and would love to see his manner of writing-it can tell you a great deal about an individual. Why do I care? Well, this has been a roller coaster ride from HADES from the beginning and George has been along for the ride. He is the father of one of the most cold-hearted and calculated FEMALE sociopaths that perhaps has been studied to this date. He is her father and therefore holds some clues as to who SHE is. He knows her intimately, and he knows her TRUTHFULLY. Cindy had told her co-worker that Casey yelled at George more than she did. This is very telling, as, except for the gas can incident, I have never heard George mention a word of his daughters treatment of him personally. I am interested in the truth, and if reading his letters, notes, or texts will help me arrive at the shores of that beautiful state-TRUTH-then I will pour over them for hours on end and analyze them frontward and backward and sideways and gleen ANYTHING and EVERYTHING from them that I can.

If that makes me uncompassionate well allright then. If I could get my hands on any member of that family's private correspondence of ANY kind I would read it and that includes their journals or anything else that became available for me to have access. If it will shed some light on how a monster such as Casey develops and if their are triggers or milestones they share in common (sociopaths that is) then I will read their most private thoughts and confessions. I likely won't feel so good afterward, but then again, who has felt good after listening to any one of the interviews with the police or the FBI? Who has felt good after listening to one lie after another being spewed in the media on a nearly daily basis by this family? I will suffer the bad mood or the bad feelings to get at the heart of what makes this evil woman tick...and if I have to read a suicide note to gain insight into this, then that is exactly what I will do...and without guilt or regret.

Above bolded by me
Are you talkin to me? LOL I don't recall ever making the assumption that you or anyone else on this board was uncompassionate for wanting to read GA's letter. I respect everyone's opinion on WS. Personally, the only information in GA's letter that would interest me would be if he directly made any statements regarding Caylee's death and what he might know, or believed to have happened that caused her death. Other than that, I don't intend on reading it, if it is made public. But, thats just me. :crazy:

There is a lot of offtopic carpola in here as well as bickering. knock it off, I don;t want to have to close the thread, clean it up and put it back out. If I have to close it I am not reopening it.
so PLEASE go for some constructive discussion and ,for the love of pete ,stay on the topic of the possible contents of this poor man's suicide note.
If you do not approve of this topic, then by all means move along to one you do approve of.
Unfortunately George is news. I feels so sorry for the dude. So please raise the level of discussion.

Topic of the thread is the note and possible content as reported thus far.

Above bolded by me
Are you talkin to me? LOL I don't recall ever making the assumption that you or anyone else on this board was uncompassionate for wanting to read GA's letter. I respect everyone's opinion on WS. Personally, the only information in GA's letter that would interest me would be if he directly made any statements regarding Caylee's death and what he might know, or believed to have happened that caused her death. Other than that, I don't intend on reading it, if it is made public. But, thats just me. :crazy:

Hello Cerenity2u. No. I was not addressing anyone directly just addressing the idea of compassion or the lack thereof being tied to a desire to or not to read this letter. I have already admitted that I have zero sympathy for suicide or attempted suicide, so it is blatantly obvious that I would have no compassion for the one engaging in it. I do feel something akin to sympathy for the Anthony family, but it is intimately tied to their loss of Caylee and Casey and not so much the aftermath or what brought them to this blackest place. I would be less than human if I did not FEEL for their loss...but the rest is something else entirely. I am a sleuth. If I was one of those people on the roadside with a sign it might say "Will research for food" or something of that nature. I have an investigative instinct or something and cannot be satisfied until I turn a thing inside out and upside down...:) But that's just me...

Hello Cerenity2u. No. I was not addressing anyone directly just addressing the idea of compassion or the lack thereof being tied to a desire to or not to read this letter. I have already admitted that I have zero sympathy for suicide or attempted suicide, so it is blatantly obvious that I would have no compassion for the one engaging in it. I do feel something akin to sympathy for the Anthony family, but it is intimately tied to their loss of Caylee and Casey and not so much the aftermath or what brought them to this blackest place. I would be less than human if I did not FEEL for their loss...but the rest is something else entirely. I am a sleuth. If I was one of those people on the roadside with a sign it might say "Will research for food" or something of that nature. I have an investigative instinct or something and cannot be satisfied until I turn a thing inside out and upside down...:) But that's just me...

Magic Cat, after reading your posts regarding this topic, I certainly do understand why you want to read the contents of GA's letter. You are indeed a slueth and a very good one IMO :clap: There are so many circumstances and reasons that can lead a person to commit suicide, which is why I feel compassion for some and none for others. At the moment, I do feel compassion for GA, I have my own reasons. I believe that GA's mental stability was in danger way before Caylee even went missing. Again, this is only my opinion based on what I have learned from the info. given to us. Nobody really knows what goes on behind closed doors.

Oops :doh: I apologize if my post seemed personal, I sure didn't mean it that way and was trying to stay on topic, or at least I thought I was :waitasec:
No I was not talking to you at all and I am so sorry that my post was confusing. You can speak directly to anyone you like. The offending post is gone and so my post was totally out of place.
my bad :blowkiss:

No I was not talking to you at all and I am so sorry that my post was confusing. You can speak directly to anyone you like. The offending post is gone and so my post was totally out of place.
my bad :blowkiss:

Whew! Thanks JBean. I'm still getting used to how things work here at WS, so I do get confused at times. BTW, thank you for all the hard work you do keeping the threads clean and on topic. :)

I don't think Baez is coordinating anything with any of the Anthonys except Casey. It is an interesting coincidence though that Baez files that request at the same time the George drama is taking place. One article I read says Baez stated that his meeting with Casey in jail wouldn't involve much discussion about George's problems, that he had to stay focused on Casey. I need to find that link. You want to call someone cold, that was cold but I imagine it sat just fine with Casey.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18545717/detail.html#-

Here is an article and if you scroll down to Jose Baez at Jail to Meet with Casey it talks about how JB will not focus on GA but keep his focus on his client.

I really don't have much to add to the conversation except to say that I think that suicide notes should be private, especially ones that have nothing to do with finding out the truth behind Caylee's death. Now, I'm not saying that if it did indicate he knew the murderer that it should be private. However, it is apparent that the note was merely a cry for help to someone who disperately is in need of some. I really honestly feel for him. I think he is very strong by accepting the help given to him. He has been stronger than a lot of us would have been. I just keep thinking how we all focus on the relationship between Cindy and Casey, when clearly with the new docs there was a lot of conflict between George and Casey (with what sounds like Cindy was trying to play peacekeeper). I can't help but think that on Father's day this stuff seemed to errupt. That fathers day Caylee spent with Cindy's family the whole day including dinner. Why wasn't Caylee with Grandpa? Who was clearly one of the father figures in her life. I'm praying for George that he has peace that surpasses all understanding.

If I were Cindy, I would be furious too. How dare he take the easy way out. Mine, I'm sure will not be a popular opinion but...[snip]... What a selfish and weak thing to do.

I don't usually jump in on things like this, but I feel a need to respond - I know that a lot of the world feels like depression/suicidal tendencies are choices. If someone is depressed enough to even seriously contemplate, much less attempt, suicide, they are ill.

I have been there myself and it was not "me". You don't have that intelligence-override switch...you're in such pain...and many have genetic pre-dispositions to it - many women in my family have attempted....awareness is the key to this..but so is accepting that you cannot understand how a broken bone feels if you haven't had one....or how any other ailment *really* feels if you haven't been there...get me?

I accept your opinion, but your post may have torn down some other WS's progress to accepting/helping their own clinically depressed family member...validating that it's a "choice"...it's not...but I realize most of the world thinks it is.

I would have PMed this to you, as it is not my intent to chastise you (really...this is a common viewpoint...), but I wanted other WSers to think about how they react to someone in their own life.....they really don't have control beyond taking their meds, seeing their docs, and reaching out for help when they are too far gone - please get someone help if they reach out to you - it took a lot of courage for that person to tell you something that is that shameful and embarrassing (at least to me).

Much love and respect, Jenn

I don't usually jump in on things like this, but I feel a need to respond - I know that a lot of the world feels like depression/suicidal tendencies are choices. If someone is depressed enough to even seriously contemplate, much less attempt, suicide, they are ill.

I have been there myself and it was not "me". You don't have that intelligence-override switch...you're in such pain...and many have genetic pre-dispositions to it - many women in my family have attempted....awareness is the key to this..but so is accepting that you cannot understand how a broken bone feels if you haven't had one....or how any other ailment *really* feels if you haven't been there...get me?

I accept your opinion, but your post may have torn down some other WS's progress to accepting/helping their own clinically depressed family member...validating that it's a "choice"...it's not...but I realize most of the world thinks it is.

I would have PMed this to you, as it is not my intent to chastise you (really...this is a common viewpoint...), but I wanted other WSers to think about how they react to someone in their own life.....they really don't have control beyond taking their meds, seeing their docs, and reaching out for help when they are too far gone - please get someone help if they reach out to you - it took a lot of courage for that person to tell you something that is that shameful and embarrassing (at least to me).

Much love and respect, Jenn

Great post TL. There is a lot of ignorance concerning this disease. It is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

if George's note becomes public and there are clues relevant to this case in it we can start a new thread for meaningful discussion.

For general discussion about depression there are ongoing threads in the Jury Room and many of you have some valuable insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nothing67