Germanwings Airbus crash 24 March #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prosecutor is outlining the investigation which involves 500 gendarmes. The difficulties of accessing the crash site.

Germanwings Co-Pilot Named as Andreas Lubitz

FRANKFURT—The co-pilot of the Germanwings flight that crashed in the French Alps on Tuesday was Andreas Lubitz, 28, of Montabaur, according to a flight club where he was a member.

“Andreas became a member of the club as a youth to fulfill his dream of flying,” the LSC club said in a death notice on its website.

In some planes, the cockpit can be accessed through a keypad code, but pilots can also lock out external access for five minutes or longer by flipping a certain switch in the cockpit.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/0...ter-report-that-germanwings-pilot-locked-out/

In the 8 minutes that this went on and the one inside the cockpit can do a lockout for five minutes or longer then no one passengers of crew will ever be safe in the air. Just like it always was no one can be trusted. no one. jmo idk

The plane followed a different itinerary [from what is unclear].

14273711750565.jpg

http://www.elmundo.es/internacional/2015/03/26/5513f4abca474129508b4596.html

Looks like this could be him. A FB pic?

Translated by Google .... "Lubitz was 28 years old , was born in Montabaur, in the Rhineland Palatinate, and was formed in Bremen and the Lufthansa Flight School , which was regarded as a young well prepared for the job".

The article says the captain's name is "Patrick S".

there are photos being posted on twitter now that are reportedly of the co-pilot. search for his name and look for the photos of a guy sitting by the golden gate bridge

Absolutely terrible. What a horrid man. RIP to all other crew and passengers.

Co-pilot is of German nationality, I don't know his ethnic origin. He is not listed as a terrorist if this is what you mean.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...rench-Alps-with-148-people-on-board-live.html

I am saying that given the elements I have today, I can only say that he deliberately allowed the loss of altitude. It's not a loss that is totally abnormal, 1,000ft per minute; but he had no reason to do it, or not to allow captain in to cabin, he had no reason not to explain to air traffic control why he was losing altitude

This is just awful :(

My thoughts are with the family and friends of the passengers and crew. What can make somebody want to do anything like this is just beyond explanation :(

This is me not the Marseille prosecutor! We may not find out why he did it. Unless he left something at home to be found? He doesn't speak whilst alone in the cockpit.

In 2013 he was certified as having
met or exceeded the high educational, licensing and medical standards established by the FAA.

Pilot certification standards have evolved over time in an attempt to reduce pilot errors that lead to fatal crashes. FAA standards, which are set in consultation with the aviation industry and the public, are among the highest in the world.

Transportation safety experts strongly recommend against flying with an uncertified pilot. FAA pilot certification can be the difference between a safe flight and one that ends in tragedy.

http://aviation-business-gazette.com/A44/B58/Pilot-Andreas-Guenter-Lubitz-Rheinland-Pfalz-.html

It seems like a huge gamble to me that the pilot left the FD and the co pilot took his chance. Could it have been a spur of the moment decision? I remember reading a few years ago that more suicides than you might expect are spontaneous ie no prior planning.

Got a tell you this is my worst flying fear. A suicidal pilot that wants to take the plane down.
I know it is not rational or likely but there it is my flying issue in the news.
Prayers for the loved ones of the murdered.

The co-pilot of the doomed Germanwings Airbus A320 locked his captain out of the cockpit before deliberately crashing into a mountain to 'destroy the plane', it was sensationally revealed today.

French prosecutor Brice Robin gave further chilling details of the final ten minutes in the cockpit before the Airbus A320 plunged into the French Alps killing 150 people.

Revealing data extracted from the black box voice recorder, he said the co-pilot - named as 28-year-old German Andreas Günter Lubitz - locked his captain out after the senior officer left the cockpit.

At that point, Lubitz uses the flight monitoring system to put the plane into a descent - something that can only be done manually.

Mr Robin said: 'The intention was to destroy the plane. Death was instant. The plane hit the mountain at 700km per hour.

‘I don’t think that the passengers realised what was happening until the last moments because on the recording you only hear the screams in the final seconds’.

The captain - named by local media as German father-of-two Patrick S - can then be heard asking for access to which he gets no response.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-jet-locked-cockpit-crash.html#ixzz3VUgZwFgg

Just seen the latest update the bit in bold is truly horrifying I feel so bad for the passengers and crew who likely knew their fate.

Chilling is the only word.

WOnder if he was really upset with employer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx