Germany - American woman dead after man ‘throws two tourists off bridge’ at German castle - 14 June 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Connecting the dots from the media I found the suspect's fb profile (can't post it because his full name hasn't been published). Nothing much to see and nothing recent. He has 180 friends.
Okay, but since you made the next two posts on this thread directly after my posts on the "W" on the cap, then how about sharing a comparison of the West Michigan cap you saw with the suspect's cap. Yes, it could be a Western Michigan University cap, but there are few challenges there. First most WSU hats are using more letters than a single W or they are using some reference to their mascot, the broncos, either by picture or by name. Often, they use brown and gold, this school's colors. It looks like they almost always use a W with a center as tall as the outside edges of the W, but I don't see that on this suspect's cap. It's hard to see though, so you might be correct. UWM is one college cap I considered as possible match myself, so maybe I was wrong to eliminate it.

A whole separate issue is how many students attend Western Michigan University, about 14K, so that makes about 3.5K graduates per year. About half are women, so we're down to about 1.25K males that would be about 30 years old. But here comes the trouble, they are virtually all vanilla white guys with stubble, so how do you know you looking at the right guy's FB page, even with two photos from 2019 (3 years ago, when he was about 27). Furthermore, how are we to know that, if you don't share more on how you came to this identification. Basically, we can't, unless you give us more info, so please do. Note that you don't have to give the suspect's name, that not what I'm asking for, instead, just the process you used, so we can check for ourselves.

The Daily Mail published his identity today as Troy Phillip Bohling. Here is a link: Link of TPB

It looks like indicolite22 had the right guy, although the Daily Mail hasn't confirmed he attended WMU. Maybe he just had the hat though, since he is from the state of Michigan. Yeah, the Japan photo on his FB page is one from part of the cityscape of Tokyo.

I found his fb profile through the photo of his home that was published yesterday in the Bild newspaper. The street number was visible in the photo.
Yeah, that's good and common way to do it. I found the Japan photo you mention from TB's FB page by Google photos of Tokyo, since that is the first stop in Japan for most Americans, and I looked for bridges that matched the river in that photo. This confirmed it was Tokyo since the shots looked almost identical. Less clear was that my Google comparison photo was an aerial (so shot from a plane or helicopter). Since I doubt took that TB shot an almost identical portion of this from a flight into / out of Tokyo, my guess is that TB never went to Japan.

Oh, and I'd guess he never graduated from WMU either. I'm not even sure he ever attended WSU. Do you know that? I read a few mainstream media reports, but I never saw any mention of TB going to college (only to high school). Was there something on that FB page that suggested WMU? I didn't see that.

If not, I will wonder about all the time TB spent playing fantasy games at the Lincoln Park library and probably in his and his friend's homes. That might have been a lot more time than most 30-year-olds do, if he never attended college at all or dropped out of college at a young age. It doesn't matter much, but I was just curious what could explain such vicious behavior.

His fb: Log into Facebook

Interesting that, according to DM, his mother is denying that her son is in Germany. Maybe he wasn't in regular contact with his family.
gotta admit, that's a new one. We've heard "my kid is innocent," "my kid is misunderstood," "my kid is being framed," and now, "my kid wasn't in the country."

Give it a few, folks, we'll get "my kid doesn't exist! Your move, coppers!"

Yeah, that's good and common way to do it. I found the Japan photo you mention from TB's FB page by Google photos of Tokyo, since that is the first stop in Japan for most Americans, and I looked for bridges that matched the river in that photo. This confirmed it was Tokyo since the shots looked almost identical. Less clear was that my Google comparison photo was an aerial (so shot from a plane or helicopter). Since I doubt took that TB shot an almost identical portion of this from a flight into / out of Tokyo, my guess is that TB never went to Japan.

Oh, and I'd guess he never graduated from WMU either. I'm not even sure he ever attended WSU. Do you know that? I read a few mainstream media reports, but I never saw any mention of TB going to college (only to high school). Was there something on that FB page that suggested WMU? I didn't see that.

If not, I will wonder about all the time TB spent playing fantasy games at the Lincoln Park library and probably in his and his friend's homes. That might have been a lot more time than most 30-year-olds do, if he never attended college at all or dropped out of college at a young age. It doesn't matter much, but I was just curious what could explain such vicious behavior.
He was in Japan. There's a few photos of him there on FB. A relative of his posted one of them.

There is no information about his education on his fb. His online presence is scarce, so I don't see signs that could explain his behavior or inclinations (e.g. misogyny). It doesn't look like he had a difficult upbringing. His family is probably in shock. He can be found in some family' photos and apparently he recently lived with his brother, so perhaps he's not a total loner, although neighbors found him odd. There is a leap from that to being a sexual predator and a murderer. I'm wondering about the embezzlement charges against him from 2016 that were dropped. That could indicate a lack of scruples.

This story gets even more bizarre and disturbing…

Lincoln Park man held on murder charges in Germany was online chatting with a woman in Thailand moments before his arrest. Lincoln Park man held on murder charges in Germany was chatting with woman online moments before his arrest
He declared to his gamer friend that he was into Asian women. It looks like he reached a castle lookout point in the woods about an hour before the attack, so perhaps he wasn't making it up.

He declared to his gamer friend that he was into Asian women. It looks like he reached a castle lookout point in the woods about an hour before the attack, so perhaps he wasn't making it up.
Lemme guess, dude was into hentai and looking for sweet, submissive waifu. The victims were not interested in it, to put it mildly, so he got angry and threw them down the cliff...

The ex-girlfriend of the Michigan man who allegedly shoved two women into a 165-foot ravine by a fairytale German castle, killing one, said the “chill” marching band musician she knew never showed any signs of being capable of murder.
“I just can’t think of a time where he was mean or rude or hurtful,” the startled mom-of-three said.

Fabrey said she had reconnected briefly with Bohling roughly three and a half years ago.

“He took me out to dinner, and he still seemed like the same Troy that I knew in high school,” she recalled.

The details are horrific.

From Link:

(Translated by Google):
The investigation against the American has now been completed. He is accused of murder and rape...
The Kempten regional court must now examine the charges and decide whether the case will be heard publicly. There is no court date yet.

The article also says he's accused of possession of CSAM.

The details are horrific.

From Link:

(Translated by Google):
The investigation against the American has now been completed. He is accused of murder and rape...
The Kempten regional court must now examine the charges and decide whether the case will be heard publicly. There is no court date yet.

The article also says he's accused of possession of CSAM.
From the same link (Google translation):

"He then allegedly threw the younger woman to the ground. According to the investigation, the 22-year-old intervened in this situation, whereupon the man is said to have pushed the companion about 50 meters down. The prosecution assumes that the man then strangled and raped the 21-year-old. He is then said to have thrown her down the slope too."

The woman who was pushed first survived the fall.

An American man today admitted to charges of murder and rape after he allegedly pushed two U.S. women down a ravine, fatally injuring one of them near Germany's 'Cinderella' castle last year.

Troy Bohling, 31, admitted to the charges during the start of his trial in Germany, the news agency dpa reported.

The defendant is charged with murder, rape with fatal consequences, attempted murder and possession of child abuse images

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ay-child-*advertiser censored*-cellphone.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89
Back