Germany Germany - Aydin Brown, 14, Autistic, from US, disembarked Caribbean Princess 7am, Port of Warnemunde, 4 Jul 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Since he is a gamer, I'm assuming he brought his laptop along on the cruise ship and that he possibly brought it with him when he disembarked that morning as as well? Oddly, there has been no mention of his having a laptop on him (or a cell phone) despite gaming being mentioned.

If so, I find it VERY concerning that he hasn't been in touch with any family (or friends back home) via his computer.

Did he have any money on him?
From the photos above, he is wearing a full backpack. They both are. Moo

I wonder if the other older gamer does not realize Aydin is 14 y/o? Perhaps Aydin communicated with this person online gaming and told him he was in his early 20's and planned to meet up. I doubt an adult gamer (unless a pedo) would be ok meeting a kid this age.
The argument with his grandmother may have been from her not allowing him to go off on his own ashore.
MOO. just speculating.
Minors are not permitted to disembark the vessel without being accompanied by an adult. Princess passengers receive a medallion that can be worn on a lanyard, wristband, etc. The medallion has your photo along with other identifying information. The medallion serves as your room key, onboard purchases, food/beverage ordering, etc. The medallion lets crew members and other ship personnel know your whereabouts onboard the ship. I'm curious about how Aydin managed to disembark without his grandmother because his medallion would have alerted security personnel that he was a minor and had to be accompanied by an adult to leave the vessel. My guess is that Aydin was in line to disembark as soon as the ship was cleared by local customs agents. There were likely hundreds of passengers eagerly waiting to get off the ship for shore excursions, exploring on their own, shopping, etc., and it's possible that security personnel couldn't keep up with the crowd.

Last edited:
It is possible he appeared to be with a family or couple disembarking before them. Likewise if it’s busy it’s possible he convinced them his party had embarked before him and he was joining them.

Have you ever seen a man in his 20's walking around wearing headphones like that? I see a lot of airpods being worn outdoors but not often headphones by adults. Were the headphones the "clue" he used to meet up with/find Aydin? ("Wear your headphones, and I'll wear mine?")
This is very normal in Germany, even without any autistic touch. There quite few expensive and good devices on the market and quite a hype of using them. You can see different ages on the street waering headphones. My partner prefers such, i am rather a minimalistic person and would never carry with me those with a case etc.

However, the cruises i was at, it was not easy to get off the boat, we were checking oit etc. How did they let a minor leave wo any permit of a person in charge?

I have an autistic teen- she would not contact us if everything was ok in her head. We don’t know the argument that was had, but if he felt he was better off away- then in his head everything is right at this moment and he has done what’s needed. There will be no emotional overload, just the facts. I remain hopeful that he has found someone, convinced them he needs help and will be found safely at this point. If he has been coerced and this was all planned, I am still hopeful that he is safe, just missing. JMO as this has struck a real chord as well.
I am concerned that perhaps Aydin met up with a fellow gamer, everything was fine and they had fun - then the older gamer said, "Well, bye!" and went on his way, not realizing Aydin might have needed assistance getting back to the ship (which might have gone by then anyway). Aydin would be stranded not speaking the language and lost. What would he do to summon help?

jmo

Minors are not permitted to disembark the vessel without being accompanied by an adult. Princess passengers receive a medallion that can be worn on a lanyard, wristband, etc. The medallion has your photo along with other identifying information. The medallion serves as your room key, onboard purchases, food/beverage ordering, etc. The medallion lets crew members and other ship personnel know your whereabouts onboard the ship. I'm curious about how Aydin managed to disembark without his grandmother because his medallion would have alerted security personnel that he was a minor and had to be accompanied by an adult to leave the vessel. My guess is that Aydin was in line to disembark as soon as the ship was cleared by local customs agents. There were likely hundreds of passengers eagerly waiting to get off the ship for shore excursions, exploring on their own, shopping, etc., and it's possible that security personnel couldn't keep up with the crowd.
This is what i meant, sorry, i just saw this post

I am concerned that perhaps Aydin met up with a fellow gamer, everything was fine and they had fun - then the older gamer said, "Well, bye!" and went on his way, not realizing Aydin might have needed assistance getting back to the ship (which might have gone by then anyway). Aydin would be stranded not speaking the language and lost. What would he do to summon help?

jmo
Having lived there for many years and at first not speaking any of the language- most Germans speak basic English and many speak fluent English. It is the exception to not be able to communicate, unlike many other countries.

The police searched for Aydin Brown for three hours on Saturday in Warnemünde with a search dog. This was reported by the NDR. According to a police spokeswoman, a trace of the missing US teenager was found. Nevertheless, the 14-year-old is still missing. This is an update from a German newspaper Oustsee Zeitung OZ-Liveblog zur Suche nach US-Teenager Aydin (14) in Warnemünde: Suchhund findet Spur

Having lived there for many years and at first not speaking any of the language- most Germans speak basic English and many speak fluent English. It is the exception to not be able to communicate, unlike many other countries.
Right, I know, but he's 14, autistic, and from another country.

Would HE initiate a conversation and seek help (despite the fact that anyone he encountered would speak English)?

jmo

The police searched for Aydin Brown for three hours on Saturday in Warnemünde with a search dog. This was reported by the NDR. According to a police spokeswoman, a trace of the missing US teenager was found. Nevertheless, the 14-year-old is still missing. This is an update from a German newspaper Oustsee Zeitung OZ-Liveblog zur Suche nach US-Teenager Aydin (14) in Warnemünde: Suchhund findet Spur
What is the trace??

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GARWbach28
Back