GUILTY Germany - Car drives into carnival crowd leaving many injured, 24 February 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

gregjrichards

Reaction score
B7BA9783-5A17-4D18-9DFB-E290812C16CC.jpeg

12 people hurt as car drives into crowd at German carnival

At least 12 people have been injured after a car drove into crowds at a German carnival celebration on Monday.

A silver Mercedes mounted the pavement in the town of Volkmarsen, 15 miles west of Kassel, around 2.30pm on Monday before ploughing into revellers.

Children were among those injured, according to German media.

12 people hurt as car drives into crowd at German carnival | Daily Mail Online

f4f1800fadef49ba8cb532cabd48de69_18.jpg

Police could not provide further details and urged people not to spread 'unconfirmed reports' about the incident [Elmar Schulten/Waldeckische Landeszeitung/Reuters]
''The suspect, a 29-year-old German citizen, was arrested.

Police spokesman Henning Hinn confirmed that the crash was deliberate, adding: "There were several dozen injured, among them some seriously and sadly also children."

He did not provide further details about a possible motive.

The incident took place on Monday on the south side of the town, outside a supermarket.

Amateur video footage showed a silver Mercedes station wagon with local licence plates and its hazard lights blinking on the pavement while emergency crews walked by.

Carnival is popular in parts of western Germany, especially in Rhineland cities such as Cologne and Duesseldorf, where festivities peaked on "Rose Monday" (February 24) with tens of thousands attending street parades featuring comical or satirical floats.''

Car hits crowd at Carnival in German town; dozens injured | The Star
''Police told dpa it wasn’t yet clear whether the driver had suffered some sort of a medical issue, if there was a mechanical problem with the car or whether the vehicle was intentionally driven into the crowd''.

Update

The driver, a 29-year-old German citizen, mounted the pavement in the town of Volkmarsen, 15 miles west of Kassel, around 2.30pm on Monday before ploughing into families which turned out for the festivities.

Police arrested the driver at the scene. While officers could not disclose a motive for the attack, local media reported that investigators are working on the assumption that it was deliberate.

Dozens of people hurt as car drives into crowd at German carnival | Daily Mail Online

Germany carnival driver ‘intentionally' crashed into crowd, with children among several injured - follow live
LiveUpdated 3 minutes ago

Germany car attack – live: Driver ‘intentionally' drove into carnival parade crowd, as number of casualties grows
Police chief says 30 people injured, seven of them seriously

We have been getting a little bit more clarity on the number of injuries over the past hour.

Germany’s Der Spiegel newspaper has quoted Gerhard Bereswill, Frankfurt’s police chief, as saying there are 30 injuries from the crash, with seven of those people seriously injured.

The General Prosecutor’s Office in Frankfurt is also said to be investigating an attempted homicide over the incident.

Germany carnival driver ‘intentionally' crashed into crowd, with children among several injured - follow live
LiveUpdated 3 minutes ago

Germany car attack – live: Driver ‘intentionally' drove into carnival parade crowd, as number of casualties grows
Police chief says 30 people injured, seven of them seriously

We have been getting a little bit more clarity on the number of injuries over the past hour.

Germany’s Der Spiegel newspaper has quoted Gerhard Bereswill, Frankfurt’s police chief, as saying there are 30 injuries from the crash, with seven of those people seriously injured.

The General Prosecutor’s Office in Frankfurt is also said to be investigating an attempted homicide over the incident.

Thank you very much for the update @dotr I hope and pray there are no fatalities and the injured recover as well as possible. Everyone injured must be traumatised especially the children. How evil must you be to do something like this?

German police raise toll of carnival car attack
''The number of people confirmed as injured after a car ploughed into a carnival crowd in western Germany has risen to almost 60, police say.

Eighteen of those hurt in Monday's incident are children. In total 35 people remain in hospital.

Frankfurt's general prosecutor's office announced that the victims were aged between two and 85 years old.

Twenty-nine year-old resident Maurice P was arrested on suspicion of attempted homicide in the town of Volkmarsen.''

''Eyewitnesses told German media that driver had accelerated toward the crowd and appeared to target children.''

Wow - just hearing about this now. Surprised it wasn't in the news here (USA) yesterday - at least I didn't see any coverage and I'm news junkie.

So sorry to the carnival attendees to had to suffer fear and injury on a joyous day.

jmo

Wow - just hearing about this now. Surprised it wasn't in the news here (USA) yesterday - at least I didn't see any coverage and I'm news junkie.

So sorry to the carnival attendees to had to suffer fear and injury on a joyous day.

jmo

I'm totally surprised too @Inthedetails. I saw nothing about 60 people being run down in Germany in my news feeds.
I wonder when they're going to release the name of the person who committed this vile act.

German carnival crash driver 'seemed so satisfied': eyewitness says
''VOLKMARSEN, Germany (Reuters) - An emergency responder who tried to remove the key from a car that had just careered into 60 people at a carnival parade on Monday described how the driver had attacked her, wearing an “empty and dead” expression.''

''Lea-Sophie Schloemer told Welt television she heard screams and jumped out of the way as the car plowed through the crowd and then crashed in the town of Volkmarsen in western Germany, where at least 18 children were among the injured.

When the car, a silver Mercedes-Benz, came to a halt, she ran up to it, opened the driver’s door and attempted to take the key out of the ignition.

“Then he grabbed my hair and started to choke me and tried to start the car again, which he didn’t manage to do,” Schloemer said of the driver, adding that she recognized his car.

Three local men then punched the driver to restrain him.''

German carnival crash driver 'seemed so satisfied': eyewitness says
''VOLKMARSEN, Germany (Reuters) - An emergency responder who tried to remove the key from a car that had just careered into 60 people at a carnival parade on Monday described how the driver had attacked her, wearing an “empty and dead” expression.''

''Lea-Sophie Schloemer told Welt television she heard screams and jumped out of the way as the car plowed through the crowd and then crashed in the town of Volkmarsen in western Germany, where at least 18 children were among the injured.

When the car, a silver Mercedes-Benz, came to a halt, she ran up to it, opened the driver’s door and attempted to take the key out of the ignition.

“Then he grabbed my hair and started to choke me and tried to start the car again, which he didn’t manage to do,” Schloemer said of the driver, adding that she recognized his car.

Three local men then punched the driver to restrain him.''

WOW! She is fast thinking and brave. I wouldn't have thought to remove the keys and I wouldn't have the guts to do it.

Wonder what it means that she recognized his car?

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back