Germany - Multiple Injuries in train axe attack 18 July 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
THE DANGEROUS CLICHES ABOUT THE BACKGROUND OF RIAZ A.

Welt.de
http://www.welt.de/politik/ausland/...lichen-Klischees-zur-Herkunft-von-Riaz-A.html

It is a guessing game that will reveal an entire tragedy in one word: "Faudsch".
In Urdu, the national language of Pakistan, this is the army. The Pashtuns use the word too, that people that live in the Hindu Kush on both sides of the Pakistani-Afghan border and who are mostly of Taliban origen.

But on the Afghan side, they says "Fauds", not "Faudsch", and the young attacker of Würzburg used in his confessor video clearly the variant common in Pakistan. Does this mean that the attacker was no Afghan? No teenager who escaped from the Civil War, but a Pakistani who has cheated with a false passport into Germany - perhaps only with the aim to kill?

The indication from the Federal Criminal Police,that the attacker could also have been a Pakistani, seems to paint a completely different political color to the bloodshed in Würzburg. It is no longer simply about refugees who become radicalized, but also about the competence of the German state to distinguish between genuine & false and dangerous & honest immigrants - apparently.

Riaz A. speaks Pashto

In reality, the story of radicalization between Afghanistan and Pakistan is far more complex than can be explained simply by one word. And Europe - especially Germany - is much deeper involved in this story, than most German politicians would like. Exactely this is shown by the details of the young man from Würzburg.

One thing is certain: in the video Riaz A. speaks Pashto, the language of the people of Pashtuns, split between the two countries . Pakistan and Afghanistan - this choice between A and B, not many Pashtuns would accept. The relationship lines of extended families cut across the borders, the biographies of the people also. This is especially the case since the Soviet Union invaded Afghanistan in 1979 and drove a million Afghan Pashtuns as refugees to Pakistan. Some never returned. There still live almost 1.6 million Afghans in Pakistani refugee camps. Many have both citizenships.

"Especially the last name, the one that the perpetrator uses, seems more Afghan than Pakistani," Thomas Ruttig says. He is co-director of the think tank Afghan Analysts Network in Kabul. "His vocabulary suggests indeed that he has lived at least for a while in Pakistan, but likely he comes at least from a family that originally comes from the Afghan side of the border. Very few Pashtuns in Pakistan use the tribal name of Ahmadsai."

In Afghanistan, however, it is very common, as is the case with the President Ashraf Ghani, who is a Ahmadsai himself. "As such, Ghani campaigned in his home province of Logar in eastern Afghanistan." Ruttig, who studied Pashto at the University and has lived for years in Afghanistan, suggests the family background of the assassin of Würzburg would be here [ in Logar ] or in the neighboring provinces of Paktia and Nangarhar. "He could have gone to school for a long time in Pakistan or even grown up in a Pakistani refugee camp. But his origin appears to have been in Afghanistan."

The background from a refugee camp could indicate something about the path to radicalisation of the young man. The endless tent cities on the Pakistani side were once the most important recruiting reservoir of the Taliban. Here they were born. Their first followers were Afghan teenagers who often grew up without a father in torn family structures and, in exile, came into the care of religious schools.

In the madrassas they were trained for jihad by radical preachers, first only against the Soviets, and later against the victorious Afghan warlords who plunged the country into a bloody mess after the withdrawal of the Russians in 1988. Against these warlords, the movement of the Taliban was formed, the "students" of the madrassas, who oppose the lawlessness since 1994 with iron religious rules - with terrible success.

"The radicalization in Pakistan's refugee camps no longer works today in this way," says Arshad Jusufsai. For years the Pakistani journalist has worked for charities with the fleeing Afghans. Meanwhile, the Pakistani security agencies pursued the operations in the religious schools and mosques much more accurately, he says. But the Würzburg attacker fits in a new form of extremism that Jusufsai notices growing on both sides of the border.

"Here and in Afghanistan the IS strives to recruit followers. Only recently in Afghan refugee camps on the Pakistani side copies of the IS brochure 'al-Fath', the victory were distributed." But unlike the Taliban IS has no designs on helpless religious students, who are often sent to the teachings of the mullahs only because of free school meals.

"With us and in Afghanistan IS appeals especially to the better-educated youth of the middle class. On the one hand they have more access to computers and access to the to the extensive Internet propaganda material of the IS. On the other hand they are also targeted specifically. This is shown by the latest arrest of 14 iS-recruiters in the cities Sialkot and Lahore in Central Pakistan. Among them there were also university graduates and faculty members."

Jusufsais assessment includes another track: Like Ruttig he points to the provinces of Logar, Paktia and Nangarhar as at least the familial origin of the assassin. In Nangarhar IS recently captured several districts temporarily. Also in Afghanistan, the militia appeals especially to the better-educated young people in the cities.

Many of them are demoralized by the lack of progress in the country. After the withdrawal of NATO combat troops at the end of 2014, the Taliban have gained so much ground that they can afford to fight among themselves. The country is more unstable than ever, and in the power vacuum the Islamic State finds their disoriented victims.

"The young man in Würzburg does not look like a poor Koran student," Jusufsai says. "He's far too well-fed."
Apparently the attacker on the regional express is a symbol of a new problem: the young middle class of Afghanistan, rebuilt after the fall of the Taliban in 2001, but being lost after the declining stabilization efforts of the West. This problem does not remain in the Hindu Kush.

BBM

Not in the text, but in the video it is said that Riaz A changed when he heard about the death of his friend on Saturday. This might indicate a rapid radicalisation. However, contradicting a possible rapid radicalisation, in the farewell letter to his father, he writes that he wants to avenge what the unbelievers have done to his muslim brothers, sisters and children.

IMHO this indicates that his plan were a long time coming.

http://www.merkur.de/politik/terror...r-betreuung-von-attentaeter-meta-6595418.html

Attacker of Würzburg: This much taxpayers paid for his care

Munich - The care of the assassin of Würzburg has cost the German taxpayer in the past year more than EUR 50 000.
This reports the Münchner Merkur in its Thursday edition.

The young man spent eleven months in a Kolpinghaus, at a daily rate of 145 euros, reaching a total of 47 850 Euros for the taxpayer.
The so-called taking into care after arriving had a cost according to the report of 2000 euros. The foster family, when Riaz Khan Ahmadzai lived for just two weeks, receives 1,200 euros a month. Possibly additional medical costs were incurred, but these are very difficult to personalize due to complicated reimbursement process, according to the report of Merkur.

BBM

1 Euro = 1.10053 U.S. dollars

:thinking:

Where would 1,000,000 refugees be waiting while paperwork is vetted? Many probably fled with clothes on their backs. I only got certified birth certificates for my children in the US because they were needed for some official paperwork I needed.

How many people have their own birth certificates and marriage certificates at home? And I mean the official certified by the govt.

I cannot even fathom one million people arriving for any reason much less having to put them somewhere.

BBM

I thought everyone kept these types of documents handy. I certainly do, my extended family does, my in-laws do. And over the years I've needed to present them for a variety of things (drivers license in new state, school enrollment, employer dependency verification audit...)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

BBM

I thought everyone kept these types of documents handy. I certainly do, my extended family does, my in-laws do. And over the years I've needed to present them for a variety of things (drivers license in new state, school enrollment, employer dependency verification audit...)

I have mine readily available too but if you're a refugee escaping a war torn country you might not have access to it. Look at the pictures of what happens to people's home in these countries before they escape. They're lucky to have the clothes on their back.

BBM

I had to get some special documents and that is the only reason I had certfied marriage certificate and certified birth certificates for my kids. We have never had to have hubby's birth certificate or do you need it for a passport? Got it so long ago don't remember.

Not sure what I would ever have needed those documents for. I think nowadays you need a birth certificate to enroll a child in school where I lived. If you live someplace forever like I did, I really have no idea why anyone would have anything beyond a driver's license.

BBM I thought everyone kept these types of documents handy. I certainly do, my extended family does, my in-laws do. And over the years I've needed to present them for a variety of things (drivers license in new state, school enrollment, employer dependency verification audit...) Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
'

I have them handy as well. I had the birth certificates for my children as well until they needed passports as adults. Then they found a safe place to keep them close at hand in their own homes. Those pieces of paper-or plastic I guess now--are very important. I'm sure some of the countries from which the refugees are coming have no government offices in place to replace the lost documents, or to verify those that the immigrants are using. It must be very frustrating and frightening to not be able to prove to a foreign authority that you are, in fact, who you claim to be.

'

I have them handy as well. I had the birth certificates for my children as well until they needed passports as adults. Then they found a safe place to keep them close at hand in their own homes. Those pieces of paper-or plastic I guess now--are very important. I'm sure some of the countries from which the refugees are coming have no government offices in place to replace the lost documents, or to verify those that the immigrants are using. It must be very frustrating and frightening to not be able to prove to a foreign authority that you are, in fact, who you claim to be.

They all have mobile phones. Never seem to lose those. Easy to store a copy there, or in the cloud.

Meanwhile in Denmark, authorities confiscate the mobiles of inco0ming migrants, they see them as a vital source for corroborating or discounting claims.

RIAZ' SOCIAL WORKER COMPLETELY AT LOSS

Videoclip taken from an interview with Das Erste Deutsche Fernsehen, the main public broadcaster

[video=twitter;756060502208503812]https://twitter.com/OnlineMagazin/status/756060502208503812[/video]

He was sympathetic, he was friendly, he was relaxed, yes, nothing that somehow would have made one suspicious.I am completely at a loss, I am very sad, am also very sad that the boy is dead because I naturally wonder, and I think the question needs to be asked, if they could not have not stopped him differently
Because we now, alas, no longer can ask what happened

BBM

Twitter is not friendly towards this woman.
I found another snippet from a different interview. She speaks about the other unaccompanied youngsters who shared a hom with Riaz. They too, according to Simone Barrientos, are completely at loss and say that they did not really know him at all.
http://www.br.de/mediathek/video/se...chner-runde-simone-barrientos-100.html#&time=

Isn't that the core of the problem, Simone, that you do not know anything about anyone, other than what they choose to tell you?

edit: the tweets no longer are shown on WS, you have to click on the link pic.twitter, this leads you to the tweet with the video.
I have no special interest in posting what the tweep himself says about that

edit 2: and now link to the tweet is gone as well, so here is a picture to cheer you up:

Cn4Rl6CXEAAt0mK.jpg

They all have mobile phones. Never seem to lose those. Easy to store a copy there, or in the cloud.

Meanwhile in Denmark, authorities confiscate the mobiles of inco0ming migrants, they see them as a vital source for corroborating or discounting claims.

This is a great idea! I'm living in a foreign-to-me country and it would be wise to always have everything available at the border.

They all have mobile phones. Never seem to lose those. Easy to store a copy there, or in the cloud. Meanwhile in Denmark, authorities confiscate the mobiles of inco0ming migrants, they see them as a vital source for corroborating or discounting claims.

I never would have thought of that as a backup. I'm just not aware of all the potential new (to me) technology has. Thanks, ZZ.

Mariann Őry ‏@otmarianna
Head of Foreign Desk @magyar_hirlap @MHEnglishNews
– About: Migration, EU, V4, Austria, Hungary, European right, communists, Russia.

[video=twitter;756429600662687745]https://twitter.com/otmarianna/status/756429600662687745[/video]

#Wuerzburg attacker's - Afghan/Pakistani migrant - fingerprints were taken in Hungary, but after that nobody checked his identity (@faznet)

ALL SMILES AT THE CHURCH FETE. THEN OUT CAME THE KNIFE AND AXE

The Sunday Times (paywall)
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/9c070a6a-512c-11e6-8351-466ee30171ee

In the German village that unwittingly harboured the perpetrator of last week’s train attack, terrified residents wonder how many more fanatics are hiding as refugees

The handsome teenager made an effort for the parish fete last Sunday. Wearing a new T-shirt, his thick black hair styled with gel, Riaz Khan Ahmadzai was “all smiles” at the annual churchyard celebration in Gaukönigshofen, the picture-perfect Bavarian village that had become his home.

The refugee, who claimed to be 17 and from Afghanistan, was friendly and polite as always. Nothing could have prepared the tight-knit community that embraced him so warmly for the horror of what he was planning the next day.

BBM

Bild.de
http://www.bild.de/bild-plus/news/i...899406,var=a,view=conversionToLogin.bild.html

RIAZCARNAVAL.jpg

Riaz Khan Ahmadzai is smiling cheerfully in the camera. With a pink mullet wig the refugee threw himself into the pleasures of carnival in February in Ochsenfurt. The ax-Terrorist of Würzburg presented himself as religious but not radical in his now deleted Facebook profile. On Monday night, he raged with an ax in a regional train, where he caused a horrible bloodbath.

The FB posts paint a picture of a seemingly cosmopolitan, lively person. He joked along with the guys, became a fan of the Champions League winner Real Madrid, is seen laughing, enjoying life in Germany ...

Zeit.de
http://www.zeit.de/gesellschaft/zeitgeschehen/2016-07/wuerzburg-axt-attacke-opfer-lebensgefahr

Five days after the axe attack from a 17-year-old refugee at travellers on a regional train, a man from China is still in critical condition.
The man is being held in an artificial coma until further notice, according to the University Clinic in Würzburg. His condition has slightly improved and stabilized, as is the case with the other three victims who are still in hospital.

Of the total of five persons who were seriously injured in the attack, four come from China. The evidence indicates that the attacker chose them randomly. Police shot the 17-year-old, when he tried to escape.

(..)

There are no definitive results about the nationality of the assassin and the question of possible complicity according to the federal interior department.
It is believed that the 17-year-old is a native of Afghanistan or Pakistan.

A spokesman for the department said that according to present knowledge, the young man had been checked by the police shortly after his arrival in the previous year. The Federal Police has recorded his personal details on 29 June 2015 at 3:55 hrs, when he crossed the German-Austrian border with a tour group. At that time an enhanced search was done, nationwide 228 illegal entrants have been found.

The applicant was then taken into custody, he was checked by the Police in Passau and registered on suspicion of illegal entry without a passport.
His personal details and fingerprints were put into the national database for investigation - without result. "He was sort of new to the police databases. There was no earlier mention."

Government spokesman Steffen Seibert once again expressed the horror of the federal government about the attack and the hope of recovery for the family from China. Everyone should know that the security authorities in Germany will do everything possible to recognize radicalization early. "We are working on this with all our powers. And yet, there will never be a situation where one can say with regards to an entire country that this can never happen."

BBM

I wonder if the system has improved since 2015. If Germany only checks their own databases, they will miss the info from other countries. This is not good at all. The German authorities do not seem to be overly concerned, but they should.

Riaz had been living for over 1 year in Germany, and the authorities still had no idea who he was. Yet he was proceeding merrily through the system, costing the taxpayer €50.000 per year.

His victims will be scarred for life, both physically and psychologically.
They were hit with an axe on the head and in the face, but nobody seems to care too much about the horrible cuts to the flesh that an axe leaves. Perhaps there is some wisdom in that, don't google pictures about axe wounds if you want to sleep.

DAILY MAIL
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...isn-t-looking-grand-days-writes-SUE-REID.html

After hiding in a lavatory on the commuter train, Riaz Khan jumped out, hacking indiscriminately with an axe and a knife at passengers. He maimed four tourists from Hong Kong, leaving two close to death as their skulls and bodies were smashed to pieces.

As Erik, a 25-year-old paramedic and one of the first to arrive at the scene from the medical centre in the nearby town of Ochsenfurt, told me afterwards: ‘When I climbed into the train, I could see blood everywhere. People lay on the floor. They had gaping holes in their heads, their chests, their stomachs. They are the worst injuries I have ever seen.

‘I began tending to one woman and I saved her life.

‘The police kept telling us to be careful because the attacker might have an accomplice — a brother or cousin.’

BBM

As Sue Reid states correctly:
The Germans have no true idea of the type of people who were allowed into their country as a result of their leader Angela Merkel’s decision to open Germany’s doors wide during the biggest migration crisis in Europe since World War II.

Certainly, the German Chancellor’s highly controversial move provoked a headlong rush, not only from terror-ridden Syria but from the rest of the troubled Middle East, Africa, South Asia and the Balkans, too.

At the time, critics warned — presciently — that Merkel’s eagerness to welcome migrants could wreck the European project.

Germans were reluctant to absorb so many and the move triggered the rise of the anti‑immigrant Alternative for Germany (AfD) party.

Many migrants to Germany, pretending to be Syrian refugees fleeing for their lives, turned up with no documents and succeeded in slipping into the country because officials were overwhelmed by the sheer numbers at the border.

Thousands, including Syrians, lied about their age, saying they were under 18 and without relatives. It was a ruse to get themselves at the front of the queue to claim asylum. At one stage, ten ‘unaccompanied minors’ per hour were entering Germany and the rest of Europe.

But one thing is sure: the vast majority of arrivals were from countries with links to Islamic State (IS), which peddles a hatred of the West and its lifestyle

OT: Is there a thread for the explosion in Ansbach? Do we know if it was intentional?

Sueddeutsche.de
http://www.sueddeutsche.de/news/pan....urn-newsml-dpa-com-20090101-160725-99-806483

Würzburg (AP) - The state of health of the four victims of the axe attack in Würzburg has continued to stabilize. Still the risk of complications exists, the Universitätsklinikum Würzburg has made known.
One of the victims is still not yet out of danger and remains in an artificial coma. This will not change in the "next few days to possibly weeks", according to the press release.The doctors of the Würzburg University Hospital are treating three members of the family tourists from Hong Kong. According to information of the German Press Agency they are the 62-year-old father, 26-year-old daughter and 30-year old friend's daughter.
The friend's daughter is still in an artificial coma and in critical condition.
In addition, the University Hospital is treating the 51-year-old woman who was walking her dog. She was attacked by the perpetrator during his attempt to escape.

BBM

AXE ATTACKER HAD CONTACT IN MIDDLE EAST RIGHT BEFORE ACT

Zeit.de
http://www.zeit.de/gesellschaft/zei...urg-bayern-attentaeter-islamismus-naher-osten

The attacker of Würzburg apparently communicated until right before his act with a person in the Middle East.
According to investigator circles this contact took place a few minutes before the axe attack on a regional train.
More details could not be given, because the communication was encrypted, it was said.

The 17-year-old refugee had attacked passengers of the train near Würzburg with an axe and a knife. During his flight he attacked a woman walking her dog. Five people were injured. The attacker was shot by the police while fleeing.(*)

Also the assassin of Ansbach had contact with the Middle East until shortly before his deed.
"There were obviously direct contacts with someone who has significantly influenced these attacks," Bavarian Interior Minister Joachim Herrmann (CSU) announced on Wednesday.

BBM

(*) Axe man was not shot while fleeing. Police were looking for him when he jumped out of the bushes right in front of them and aimed at them with the axe.

Süddeutsche Zeitung
http://www.sueddeutsche.de/bayern/s...-kann-man-sich-gar-nicht-vorstellen-1.3088286
The young Afghan had already left the train and fled toward the river Main. There he hid in the bushes. "I've seen the pictures," says Backert, the police were no longer able to see the attacker. They divided up in pairs anmd started searching for the young man. Several times they shouted "Stop! Police!", the Afghan also knew that he was being followed. On a small promontory in the river Main, as Backert calls it, two SEK ( specialized operation armed response units of the German police) people finally located the attacker.

They had not seen him until suddenly he ran out of the bushes raising his ax at them. Three arm lengths only he would have been away from them, according to the description of the Commandos. Five shots were fired, four of them hit the young man. One in the head. "No police officer who is not trained specially for such difficult situations, could have reacted that way," Backert says. There was no escape for the police and they had no alternative but to shoot the 17-year-old.

One single shot may not immediately stop an attacker in such a situation, so both officers had fired.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
repeatfranchisegroup
Back