Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The German coverage - the local coverage in particular - is much more detailed and informative than the UK coverage. If you follow the German coverage, you'll find answers to a lot of what you're questioning here. Particularly what you seem to be dismissing as false and/or irrelevant.

It absolutely has come up as an issue - and an ongoing one - in the current trial, the discrepancies between what MS said in 2019 and what he's now saying in 2024. And the judge clearly thinks it's relevant in terms of determining the outcome for the charges she's tasked with considering. That's not me saying it's relevant, that's the judge, the one with all the info and background for this trial at hand.

Those of us following the German coverage are not making things up. If we don't post links, it's because they're paywalled, but there are enough named German media sources on this thread for you to google and, respectfully, do your own research so you're not dependant upon 'second-hand' info.
It would be really helpful if you or another poster could summarize, as best you can, concisely, the pay-walled articles and post. That is permitted on the thread as long as there's a link to the article.
Thanks in advance.

The bottom link gives a list of some articles that explain the case so far. The reporting - unlike British media - seems factual and unbiased. I have followed the articles in this publication and which has influenced my opinion. I think HeB and MS are people of poor character. I think they have profited from selling their stories. There are inconsistencies between what they have said over the years and between one another’s statements.

I maintain my view that the investigation is built around their statements and this is a poor foundation from which to proclaim that they have found the murderer of Madeleine McCann.

There are contradictions about the location where the alleged rape of the Italian woman took place - among others.

Disputes about the differences between MS and HeB statements.

Income of media stories as motivation for maintaining the stories.

Someone else was shown the footage. IIRC, this person denies it.

Only recognised CB by his voice. IIRC, it’s previously been said he removed his mask.

Why would this be reported if everything was the same in both statements?

The judge is grilling Seyferth at length about "inconsistencies" between his evidence today and statements he previously gave to police.

I remember HCW said that a reason to bring these charges first was guilty verdicts might help with the MM trial. The risk of that, is if they don't get guilty verdicts.

In the below, MS cant remember the year that this happened.

He also reported that the young German girl was 16.

During extensive questioning by the judge and the defendant's lawyer, Seyferth repeatedly claimed to not remember crucial details. His testimony also diverged from statements given at a trial in 2019, which saw Christian B be convicted of rape.

I remember HCW said that a reason to bring these charges first was guilty verdicts might help with the MM trial. The risk of that, is if they don't get guilty verdicts.
I think they will get some convictions. If there unique characteristics between DM and the British women crimes, that has a chance. The playground incident seems almost certain too. Not sure about the others.

For there to be any hope with MM, the same thing linking DM and the British women would need to be present with MM… I just can’t see how that’s possible.

Perhaps the judge should establish the order in which the 2 witnesses viewed the alleged rapes on the tape and the duration of each. It's entirely possible HeB & MS viewed 3 rapes between them, with the one featuring the young girl tied to a post being the only excerpt they both saw.
If three rapes were seen why are there not three charges?

Last edited:
Why would this be reported if everything was the same in both statements?

The judge is grilling Seyferth at length about "inconsistencies" between his evidence today and statements he previously gave to police.

From this link the only inconsistency mentioned is "

Seyferth today told the court that he found Brueckner "arrogant" yet in an earlier interview Seyferth said Brueckner was an "evil psychopath".

How is this related to the content of the videos I cannot understand. Unless the reporting is patchy

From this link the only inconsistency mentioned is "

Seyferth today told the court that he found Brueckner "arrogant" yet in an earlier interview Seyferth said Brueckner was an "evil psychopath".

How is this related to the content of the videos I cannot understand. Unless the reporting is patchy
Like I said the other day we are shown a few words of the days proceedings. The judge unlike us hears it all and thinks there are discrepancies. FF also thought this.

Like I said the other day we are shown a few words of the days proceedings. The judge unlike us hears it all and thinks there are discrepancies. FF also thought this.
I don't disagree, I am saying that there is no mention in any of these outlets that explicitly say what the inconsistencies are. I have not been able to find mention about inconsistencies as to the content of the videos. This is what I want to clarify. Imo CB committed these rapes that were seen on the videos by MS and HeB. I want to understand what kind of inconsistencies are found in the trial and from all the articles above and the snippets we get, my question is not answered, as to the content of the videos.

That FF thought this is nowhere here nor there since he was the one who wanted to have the witness dismissed from the trial and he is defending CB.

If three rapes were seen why are there not three charges?
Possibly because the only witness (MS) to the 3rd clip (approx.5 mins seen) showing the Italian-speaking victim couldn't recall enough facts and what he did recollect couldn't be corroborated by HeB.
The first clip of an elderly woman, seen only by HeB, lasted approx 30 mins and much more detail was remembered by the witness. It was very similar to DM rape.

Possibly because the only witness (MS) to the 3rd clip (approx.5 mins seen) showing the Italian-speaking victim couldn't recall enough facts and what he did recollect couldn't be corroborated by HeB.
The first clip of an elderly woman, seen only by HeB, lasted approx 30 mins and much more detail was remembered by the witness. It was very similar to DM rape.
Thats where the inconsistencies arise from imo, neither knew what the other saw.

I suspect also that, without a victim, it would be difficult to prove from the little MS saw, that it wasn't consentual. An adult woman, an unmasked CB, in CB's home. Without the woman's input, there's no way of knowing if it was just adult play gone rough or whatever. I can see why it didn't meet the charge criteria.

The two other video attacks/rapes were clear cut by comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08