Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
“In both cases, they were entry-level rapists, "criminally very unusually competent perpetrators who proceed very purposefully, with a high level of organization." The perpetrators, according to Dern, had brought their rape equipment to the crime scenes. Both women were surprised by them, bound by weapons and raped several times.”

Dern spoke of a "destructive ritual." This is the "central element" in both cases and speaks from his point of view for a "joint perpetrator."
Did Dern visit the crime scenes or does he go from police interviews?

To answer my question the profiler only used testimony.

Case of Christian B.: BKA profilers made serious mistakes
The indictment in the case of Hazel B. against Christian B. is based in particular on the findings of Dern and his team. But even before his testimony, their work was severely shaken: Individual profilers had actively participated in investigations against Christian B. instead of merely advising investigators. At the request of the defense, the chamber had declared individual employees of the Dern team biased and drawn narrow boundaries to this: He was only allowed to reimburse his case analyses in the trial on the basis of the written district court ruling on the act at the expense of Diana M. and in the act at the expense of Hazel B. on the basis of her testimony in the trial.

“In both cases, they were entry-level rapists, "criminally very unusually competent perpetrators who proceed very purposefully, with a high level of organization." The perpetrators, according to Dern, had brought their rape equipment to the crime scenes. Both women were surprised by them, bound by weapons and raped several times.”

Dern spoke of a "destructive ritual." This is the "central element" in both cases and speaks from his point of view for a "joint perpetrator."
One quite unique & very foul act was described by 5 independent people. Diane, Hazel, Manfred, Helge & Christian B.

This from the BZ article is interesting. We’ve been led to believe that the most striking part of the MO connecting DM and HaB was that both attacks were filmed… except they weren’t.

Thankfully, the local German press are doing a much better job than the UK tabloids of reporting the facts rather copying and sensationalising half-truths and blatant lies.

“on the other hand, is said to have been filmed by the perpetrator, which Diana M. was not by Christian B. to her knowledge. Dern spoke of "situational factors", quite different from action to action and sometimes even dependent on the form of the day.”

This from the BZ article is interesting. We’ve been led to believe that the most striking part of the MO connecting DM and HaB was that both attacks were filmed… except they weren’t.

Thankfully, the local German press are doing a much better job than the UK tabloids of reporting the facts rather copying and sensationalising half-truths and blatant lies.

“on the other hand, is said to have been filmed by the perpetrator, which Diana M. was not by Christian B. to her knowledge. Dern spoke of "situational factors", quite different from action to action and sometimes even dependent on the form of the day.”

Bound, blindfolded, beaten with a pole and raped... attack by CB on US widow, 72, that years later alerted Maddie police

Daily Mail 5 Jun 2020

DETAILS emerged yesterday of the horrific rape of an American pensioner by MM suspect CB.

The German, who was given seven years in jail for the sexual assault, is reported to have blindfolded and then beaten the 72-year-old with a metal pole after breaking into her house near Praia da Luz.

He is then said to have carried out the degrading rape, videotaping the whole ordeal and ripping off his own mask at the end of the attack before stealing cash and a computer, according to evidence heard at CB’s trial last year in Braunschweig, near Hanover.

Bound, blindfolded, beaten with a pole and raped... attack by CB on US widow, 72, that years later alerted Maddie police

Daily Mail 5 Jun 2020

DETAILS emerged yesterday of the horrific rape of an American pensioner by MM suspect CB.

The German, who was given seven years in jail for the sexual assault, is reported to have blindfolded and then beaten the 72-year-old with a metal pole after breaking into her house near Praia da Luz.

He is then said to have carried out the degrading rape, videotaping the whole ordeal and ripping off his own mask at the end of the attack before stealing cash and a computer, according to evidence heard at CB’s trial last year in Braunschweig, near Hanover.

False. The videotaping and ripping off of the mask refers to the attack on the unknown elderly victim, as seen by Heb and MS on the video they stole, not DM.

I don’t think DMs rape was videotaped. At least she couldn’t see anything so who knows. I guess some of the old articles mentioned it because in the early days it was assumed by many that HeB saw the rape of DM on video

False. The videotaping and ripping off of the mask refers to the attack on the unknown elderly victim, as seen by Heb and MS on the video they stole, not DM.
Yes, allegedly the older unidentified victim who spoke with a British accent.

Precisely the point that sloppy reporting becomes fact - using a source report which states something completely untrue.

CB likely is a serial rapist IMO - I think the issue is whether the evidence rises to the criminal standard.

I think it important that he is convicted for a rape he's proved to have committed, not just because he is deemed a serial rapist who may have raped HaB

I think it important that he is convicted for a rape he's proved to have committed, not just because he is deemed a serial rapist who may have raped HaB

Sure.

That's why if you misspent part of your early 20s in Evidence classes, you learned a lot about the Rules against similar fact evidence, propensity reasoning etc

In England, I doubt that expert would have been allowed to testify personally.

In Germany there is no jury of course, so the Judge can hear it.

Sure.

That's why if you misspent part of your early 20s in Evidence classes, you learned a lot about the Rules against similar fact evidence, propensity reasoning etc

In England, I doubt that expert would have been allowed to testify personally.

In Germany there is no jury of course, so the Judge can hear it.
That’s an interesting link.

I don’t really think anyone is arguing that CB isn’t of poor character and incapable of horrible crimes - his record proves he is.

However, that he is the type of criminal who commits rape and CSA doesn’t mean he committed these offences. Surely proving he did is the prosecution’s responsibility. And with my limited understanding they haven’t done this.

CB’s record and his character - he’s certainly unpleasant - seem to cloud people’s objectivity in relation to the crimes and that of MM.

Step back and look at the facts and there are very few hard facts linking him to any of these cases.

I don’t think DMs rape was videotaped. At least she couldn’t see anything so who knows. I guess some of the old articles mentioned it because in the early days it was assumed by many that HeB saw the rape of DM on video

Possibly, but it's been corrected numerous times on these threads. I know I've certainly done it a few times, and in fact using that exact same press reader piece from the daily mail.

There really shouldn't be any confusion on here at this late stage of the game, is all I'm saying.

Possibly, but it's been corrected numerous times on these threads. I know I've certainly done it a few times, and in fact using that exact same press reader piece from the daily mail.

There really shouldn't be any confusion at this late stage of the game, is all I'm saying.
We've had a profiler in court confirming it, any nonsense proclaiming DMs attack was filmed should end.

We've had a profiler in court confirming it, any nonsense proclaiming DMs attack was filmed should end.
Perhaps the issue would be capable of resolution was there more information regarding the DM rape case which resulted in CB's conviction either in archived material or in the public domain.

I can't find much. Perhaps someone else can oblige :D

But in the intervening period please be aware that German publications have also printed that the existence of a video of the outrages featured in CB's trial

Stand:06/12/2020,
At the same time, pre-trial detention has been ordered against him on rape allegations. Most recently, on December 16, 2019, the Braunschweig Regional Court sentenced him to seven years in prison for aggravated rape, including previous sentences.

The crime is said to have taken place in Portugal in 2005, but for years the German could not be proven to have raped the woman. According to the report, about a year and a half before MM's disappearance, a then 72-year-old American woman was raped in Praia da Luz, Portugal.

Only a DNA comparison and a found video of the rape led to an arrest and extradition to Germany. The verdict is not yet final, the appeal is before the Federal Court of Justice.

Yes, allegedly the older unidentified victim who spoke with a British accent.

Precisely the point that sloppy reporting becomes fact - using a source report which states something completely untrue.
Did it mention a British accent?

I was under the impression she was described as speaking in English which might not be exactly the same as using a specific accent.

For example DM said her assailant spoke to her using poor Portuguese.

We’ve discussed the unidentified victims many times.

They stem from HeB’s and MS’s testimonies. There were three alleged victims:
1. Young German woman at least 14 years of age;
2. Italian woman, depends when MS was asked but she was at least 40 and up to 65 years old;
3. British woman, described as older.

There is no charge against CB for the rape of the Italian woman, we don’t know why.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nocturnalmeee
Back