Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

If photo or video evidence existed which featured MM post her disappearance and which left no room for doubt that they were taken/filmed by CB, then yes of course I would assume him guilty of her murder.

But no such compelling evidence exists since, if it did, that's the trial we'd be following now instead of this one - and no amount of whataboutery can change that.

That wouldn't prove murder though.
In such a scenario he could have sold her to someone else.
There would need to some evidence of death by his hand.
I take your point but it would at least confirm his involvement. The 'no room for doubt' bit is crucial to my above response.

In any case, it's hardly worth getting into a discussion about it since we know this is not evidence the prosecution holds. Which I know is your position as much as it is mine. I like to deal with realities too.
Agreed it's meaning less on its own if such a thing exists, the question I believe raised because HCW ( remember him) said if they had a photo of video of MM and CB together they wouldn't have needed the appeal in 2020, some have taken that to mean they have an image of a deceased MM.Sheesh this trial hasn't even been completed yet.

Justice for the victims , this isn’t a witch hunt as some people believe.
As @Mex just said it’s a reflection of how worried they are that he could possibly walk . As a side note ,IF CB has been found in possession of photographic or video evidence of MM post May 3rd I’d be interested to know what doubters of his innocence think about it’s potential relevance ?
whether its a witch hunt or not..you need solid evidence for a conviction which seems to be the problem since the beginning of the trial. Its ok the prosecutor complaining about EVERYTHING but it was her job to prove the charges. IMO she has not really done that and thats on her and not the Judge or the media.

If its an active investigation, I'm surprised we've been allowed to know anything about it.
I have been boringly constant in my criticism of the conflation of MM's disappearance throughout each and every aspect of this trial.

The original charge sheet contained five charges which had waited a long time to be heard in court. MM is mossing and the prime suspect in her disappearance is CB. That is it.
Short of the fact that MM's investigation was the catalyst to enabling
  • evidence on other crimes to be discovered
  • enabling DM the satisfaction of seeing her rapist convicted
  • enabling the trial of a further five serious offences
hers was not the subject of this trial since: there wasn't even an indictment.

The chamber allowed the path for such evidence to be heard (and indeed judged) should FF require grounds for appeal - there he has it :D
My opinion

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rachel_008
Back