Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sounds like the bad old days of British policing.
There's possibly a chance because of the publicity the German system and the BKA have been found wanting.I'd venture ordinarily these point wouldn't matter but HCW for the BKA brought CB to attention to all and scrutiny of the system and the prosecutors criticism of the judiciary.There was another case where the prosecutors office attracted criticism of its handling with an internal review.

As in the current case, they could challenge the reliability of a witness.
How would the prosecutor differentiate between murder, manslaughter and accidental death do you think ?
I don’t think like a member of Christian B’s defence team, so I sometimes struggle to catch your points. Partly because of the victims & what they went through. I’m pro-victim.

If CB has a photograph of MM dead I think it’ll be a real struggle for a defence lawyer to claim it was an accidental death. With respect - I don’t feel comfortable being asked to give an opinion on how or why a little girl had died.

Last edited:
The illegal search is one already.
I'm sure there are many options available for corrupt officers. We still see many in this country, for all the safeguards.
I don’t think like a member of Christian B’s defence team, so I sometimes struggle to catch your points. Partly because of the victims & what they went through. I’m pro-victim.

If CB has a photograph of MM dead I think it’ll be a real struggle for a defence lawyer to claim it was an accidental death.
I disagree unless the photo displayed circumstances incompatible with life. How do you differentiate between a photo of a sleeping child and a dead one ?

If CB has a photograph of MM dead I think it’ll be a real struggle for a defence lawyer to claim it was an accidental death. With respect - I don’t feel comfortable being asked to give an opinion on how or why a little girl had died.
I agree. You tend to accept a witness statement at face value, whereas I look at ways of testing what is claimed . Its the only way to get at the truth.

I'm sure there are many options available for corrupt officers. We still see many in this country, for all the safeguards.

I disagree unless the photo displayed circumstances incompatible with life. How do you differentiate between a photo of a sleeping child and a dead one ?
I really don’t feel comfortable discussing how & why one could look at a picture tell how a child died.

Unfortunately this is the direction I think these ‘fighting the cause’ debates will go in.

It isnt about being pro victim. I am pro truth whatever it is.

I agree. You tend to accept a witness statement at face value, whereas I look at ways of testing what is claimed . It’s the only way to get at the truth.
It’s about being pro-victim. Pro-defence is born out of anti-McCann. It’s just the way this works.

Children in the park is good example. I believe the children, I don’t believe the paedophile. The challenge is that it can’t be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

CB has a previous of assaulting a child in a park & exposing himself in the process.

Its not a case of fighting the cause, its attempting to get at the truth.
In the days of Photoshop and more recently AI, it going to be very difficult to establish the validity of photographs. Fortunately there are very clever IT people about who can do this.

In the days of Photoshop and more recently AI, it going to be very difficult to establish the validity of photographs. Fortunately there are very clever IT people about who can do this.
‘Fighting the cause’ is trying to argue that CB had a picture of MM asleep (post abduction) or CB had an AI image of MM post abduction. I find it quite a disrespectful insinuation but I can understand why you could be relying on that shtick in the future. TBH I think the majority of sceptics won’t rationalise things that way.

I’ll now refrain from debating this in detail.

I'm not suggesting that CB had any such photo, only that any photo produced by the prosecution will need close scrutiny. Remember the 'last photo'

The reason we are here discussing the cause for the victims of vicious criminal acts is that a criminal took the time and made the effort to perpetrate the crime.

It’s about being pro-victim. Pro-defence is born out of anti-McCann. It’s just the way this works.
Our introduction to CB was that he is a patsy.
That is one point of view.
The other viewpoint is that he is a person of great interest to the forces of law and order who proved without doubt he had a case to answer in the aggravated rape of DM. Just as he merited being investigated and brought to trial for the offences of which he is accused.
My opinion

At the moment there are rapes and other sexual assaults awaiting judgement.

Not one of which is related to the crime for which the Portuguese authorities have constituted CB arguido.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BecStar
Back