Germany Germany - Rebecca Reusch, 15, Berlin, 18 Feb 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It seems that LE have new clues (?)and their focus is on RRs cellphone.
According to a French media they are mainly searching in Eastern countries
Rebecca Reusch disappearance: especially from the Eastern countries, in focus So on demand, especially in European countries, from here to Russia, Belarus and Ukraine must now be sought after Rebecca. Using the Assessment by Foreign Authorities to determine if the cell phone of the missing person in each country was connected.
(GT)
http://www.decotidien.com/actualite...intenant-une-nouvelle-Piste-Monde-h49034.html

Investigators are looking for cell phones abroad
Her brother-in-law Florian R. is still in the sights of the investigation. "The man is still suspected, there are no other suspects at the moment. But that does not mean that we only investigate in one direction. On the contrary, we naturally determine how it is our duty in all directions, ”said the spokesman for the public prosecutor Martin Steltner in February. The officers are now looking for the student's cell phone abroad. "We do not want to leave anything unturned and have made a request for legal assistance to the responsible authorities," said prosecutor Martin Glage in an interview with the Bild newspaper.
Rebecca Reusch: Gibt es eine neue Spur?

"RRs family has new hope through a photo that suddenly appeared . As Bild reports, it shows a girl who looks very similar to the missing person.

"We see a clear resemblance and think that Becci could look like this today," said mother Brigitte Reusch the picture (behind the pay barrier). The parents' lawyer, Khubaib Ali Mohammed, submitted the photo, which the family had received from an anonymous source, to the prosecutor's office . "We have requested that an anthropological report be prepared," said the lawyer."
https://www-merkur-de.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.merkur.de/welt/rebecca-reusch-berlin-vermisst-foto-tot-hinweis-hoffnung-polizei-ermittlung-schwager-spur-verdacht-zr-13799754.amp.html?amp_js_v=a3&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA=#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.merkur.de/welt/rebecca-reusch-berlin-vermisst-foto-tot-hinweis-hoffnung-polizei-ermittlung-schwager-spur-verdacht-zr-13799754.html

What does that mean ? its a clear picture , her Parents don't know? is it on a dating site? Help
Seems like you could be right...
Headline suggested it also:

Missing Rebecca: new photo showed up on dating platform?
”What exactly is behind this picture is now to be clarified by an expert opinion - if the girl is actually Rebecca, it would be the first hot trace in a long time.’

Vermisste Rebecca: Neues Foto auf Dating-Plattform aufgetaucht?

Also her mother isn’t sure if it really her.Hopefully it isn’t fake,like the FB account that was set up a few weeks ago,Someone used RRs pictures so that it might look like it was her,living in The States..:(

People should be charged with a crime if they fake an account of a missing person, IMO. It's abusive to the victim's family and impedes the investigation by LE.

A photo can be analyzed by experts to try to determine if it could be a missing person but that can be inconclusive too. I guess they couldn't electronically trace the person who posted the dating ad?

People take photos all the time to either create a fake account or take the photo figuring in the states no one would know who it is.......a teenage girl could be using to sniff out boyfriends online if she feels unattractive.

I am having a hard time believing she would put her loving family through such misery, including her friend and brother in law possibly heading to prison for her disappearance,
and then go set up a dating account complete with photos? I don't buy it, its either a jerk doing this for weird anonymous attention or someone that looks incredibly similar. I hope with some digital forensics they're able to figure out where this came from.

As far as I know (and i check regulairy) there are no updates on the picture,so imo,it has been ruled out (by now) it wasn’t her..?

Just checking in to see if there is additional follow up to the picture that was posted.

"Most recently, a photo from an anonymous source sparked new hope in the family. The picture of Rebecca's parents was leaked via Instagram. A blonde woman was seen in the picture. She looked very much like the missing person. Is it really Rebecca Reusch ?

Experts doubt that. According to mother Brigitte R., there is no information from the public prosecutor on the photo. Police and prosecutors suspect that the girl has been a victim of a crime. Especially because so far there is no sign of life from the missing Rebecca.
Rebecca Reusch aus Berlin vermisst: Mutter äußert Verdacht über ihren Aufenthaltsort - „Ich glaube ...“ | Welt

So... they just didn’t really look into it? Feels like they should have tracked down the owner of the photo to solidify... moo
I agree with you there, guess LE /experts didn't take it seriously..?!

Reactions: Dre
I was just checking for updates on Rebecca and came across this, so translated some parts of this article with GT.
It must be very difficult for families who still endure the uncertainty of their missing loved ones.

Bones find puzzles police: Internet users express terrible suspicions

After bones were discovered in Berlin, it is still not clear whether the remains are human bones. Some people are still missing in the capital.

Berlin - It is a terrible discovery that walkers made on Sunday (November 8, 2020) while walking around with the dog. As reported by the capital city portal Berlin.de, citing the police , pieces of bone were found during the walk . Since it could not be ruled out that the find was human remains , forensic medicine was now called in . As a spokeswoman for the police told the portal on Monday, the bone parts are currently being examined.

The case of the missing Rebecca Reusch from Berlin is still causing waves today. The then 15-year-old disappeared on February 18, 2019 from her sister's house in Berlin-Britz . After the brother of the girl briefly in custody sat, still lacking the hot track to find the girl.After the current bone find in Berlin, the first speculations are already boiling up on the Internet that relate to the missing girl. “I hope it's not her”, “I wish the parents certainty” and “Unfortunately there are a lot of missing people. It could be any of these missing people, ”comments gather on social networks. But it is still not known whether the current bone find is actually a human remains .

Berlin: Rebecca Reusch noch immer vermisst! Knochen-Fund stellt Polizei jetzt vor Rätsel - schlimmer Verdacht | Welt

The bones that were found do NOT belong to Rebecca R., but to the missing Stefan T.

-!!Posting the link, but also a warning for a
gruesome read!!-

A suspect was arrested in Berlin in the case of the missing Stefan T.

https://translate.google.com/?hl=nl#view=home&op=translate&sl=auto&tl=en&text=https://www.tz.de/welt/berlin-mord-kannibale-knochen-fund-stefan-t-sexualverbrechen-polizei-taeter-vermisst-zr-90106190.html
ad06cd8fe3c94d90907f0f4644330128

The bones that were found do NOT belong to Rebecca R., but to the missing Stefan T.

-!!Posting the link, but also a warning for a
gruesome read!!-

A suspect was arrested in Berlin in the case of the missing Stefan T.

https://translate.google.com/?hl=nl#view=home&op=translate&sl=auto&tl=en&text=https://www.tz.de/welt/berlin-mord-kannibale-knochen-fund-stefan-t-sexualverbrechen-polizei-taeter-vermisst-zr-90106190.html
ad06cd8fe3c94d90907f0f4644330128
Good god! Gruesome indeed! Thanks for the find @worldwatcher!

Rebecca Reusch in Berlin vermisst: Verdächtigem wird Lüge nachgewiesen - Neue Details könnte Wende bringen | Welt
There is a new podcast, made by 2 newsreporters,
In these podcast, there is a mention about the last picture Rebecca send to one of her friends, she was wearing her jacket on the picture, a few hours before she was expected to be at school. It suggest, that she was ready to go out.

Also "Mysterious Max" is discussed/mentioned in the podcast
"Now previously unknown messages from the student have been published. The WhatsApp history raises questions..."
Rebecca Reusch: Freunde mit neuen Details über geheimen Chat-Freund - bedrückender WhatsApp-Verlauf aufgetaucht | Welt

Hey ho, I was just made aware of the Rebecca Reusch case. And this is just way to close to home for me for my feels. I live in the second german Capital city. (yes we have 2 cause we were split once) And I digged deep. My opinion at this point is that Flo didn't kill her and that she went out to see someone early in the morning before 8:30 a.m. and that then something happened to her. So I came here to see if anyone found anything about this Maximilian guy she was talking to every day before she went missing.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pollcat12
Back