Found Deceased Germany - V., 9, Döbeln, Sachsen, Missing child did not arrive at school, 3 June 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

It sounds like LE leans away from a random predator, IMO. "The investigation focused on the family’s “social circle.” "

On a side note, a woman reported to police that the day of Valeriia's disappearance she had heard a scream in the woods- the woods Valeriia was found in. She didn't report it for two days because she did not wish to speculate. Officers also didn't really take the tip seriously at first because it didn't seem concrete.

Officers also didn't really take the tip seriously at first because it didn't seem concrete.
My local paper gives more precise information on this:
"Laut Polizei hatte es frühzeitig den Hinweis einer Zeugin gegeben, die am Stadtrand Hilfeschreie gehört haben will. Dies habe aber zunächst nicht genauer eingegrenzt werden können, erklärte die Leiterin der Kriminalpolizeiinspektion Mandy Kürschner. Wo die Zeugin den Schrei gehört habe und dem Fundort der Kinderleiche gebe es rund 2 Kilometer Abstand.

According to police, a witness gave a tip early on that she had heard cries for help on the edge of town but these couldn't be placed more exactly. There are about two kilometres between where the witness heard the cry and where the body was found." Then the police went on to explain about how they'd been concentrating the search on Valeriia's immediate surroundings like home, school and the route took to school.
Quote from my local paper: www.schwarzwaelder-bote.de/inhalt.notfaelle-leichenfund-in-doebeln-ist-es-die-vermisste-valeriia.1443e718-07e1-4f24-a483-9c71b347778c.html

I have no idea about SAR on the ground. Is it difficult to pinpoint the location of cries? I presume that would depend partly on other background noise and how specific the witness could describe the situation. They now know the distance is two kilometres but hindsight is always better. For a wilderness search, hearing a scream in the vicinity would more likely be connected to the missing person, but in a more populated urban setting?? It's harder to be off the beaten track in Germany, with no other people around who could be screaming for whatever reason. MOO

I'm not trying to excuse the police, it's just an honest question about searching for a missing person. I can't remember off-hand who the pros on SAR are here on the forum to ask directly.
MOO JMO

It's heartbreaking to think of Valeriia screaming for Help and nobody close by enough to hear and come to her rescue.

RIP to Valeriia. In the arms of angels and free of pain and fear. MOO

She didn't report it for two days because she did not wish to speculate
:eek:
Shaking my head over this one. Who knows, maybe the witness seemed so unreliable the police didn't follow up. MOO - in fact not even opinion just wild speculation on the witness. Who wouldn't call in a tip on a missing child??

Maybe after two days she was really confused about what she might have heard or not and not a good witness? (I won't go into detail but I was a terrible witness yesterday but fortunately it was just about an item stolen from my neighbour's property.) Not everybody notices properly at the time or remembers exactly.

MOO

From the source @seasideForest posted:

The police are focusing on an ex-partner of Valeriia's mother. This person made a stop in the Czech Republic. The Czech police will be working closely with the police in Döbeln.

The suspected killer of Valeriia has been arrested in Prague this morning. Leading up to his arrest police found that his phone had logged into a cell network in Döbeln. He was also seen on the surveillance video footage from a neighbor's camera.

Below is an opinion article discussing the lack of something similar to an "Amber Alert" system in Germany.

IMO: As far as we currently know, in V's case, her abduction wasn't witnessed, and the school didn't notify her household that she didn't arrive, so I can't see an alert would have gone out in her case until the evening. But then again, we don't know yet if anyone saw something suspicious before her story hit the media that they could have reported sooner. We don't know exactly when she was brought to the location where she was found.

As someone with relatives in Germany, I agree something similar to Amber-alert needs to be implemented.

"According to the European Telecommunications Standards Institute, alerts are sent via "Cell Broadcast". All European countries have adopted this method - except Germany."

Below is an opinion article discussing the lack of something similar to an "Amber Alert" system in Germany.

IMO: As far as we currently know, in V's case, her abduction wasn't witnessed, and the school didn't notify her household that she didn't arrive, so I can't see an alert would have gone out in her case until the evening. But then again, we don't know yet if anyone saw something suspicious before her story hit the media that they could have reported sooner. We don't know exactly when she was brought to the location where she was found.

As someone with relatives in Germany, I agree something similar to Amber-alert needs to be implemented.

"According to the European Telecommunications Standards Institute, alerts are sent via "Cell Broadcast". All European countries have adopted this method - except Germany."

I agree, in a case of an (ex-) family member abduction like this I do not see how a quicker and wider spread public alert system would change anything substantially.

Articles in English:

Nine-year-old [V.] was buried on Tuesday in the eastern Ukrainian city of Pavlohrad...
Around 100 people attended the memorial service in the grandparents' yard to say goodbye...

IMO: As far as we currently know, in V's case, her abduction wasn't witnessed, and the school didn't notify her household that she didn't arrive, ...
Sort of related, from my local paper on 28 June 2024:
'Im Fall der getöteten Neunjährigen Valeriia aus Döbeln bei Chemnitz gab es am Tag ihres Verschwindens wegen eines Versäumnisses in der Grundschule keinen Anruf bei den Eltern. Das festgestellte Fehlen des Kindes sei nicht an das Sekretariat gemeldet worden, sagte eine Sprecherin des Landesamtes für Schule und Bildung (LaSuB) in Chemnitz auf Anfrage. Die Behörde geht aber nicht von Absicht aus, vielmehr vom hektischen Schulalltag als Ursache. "Im konkreten Fall lagen Umstände vor, die, wenn überhaupt, auf eine geringe Schuld hindeuten." '
www.schwarzwaelder-bote.de/inhalt.landesschulbehoerde-pruefung-ergab-versaeumnis-in-valeriias-schule.d4c639ad-fd16-47f2-9969-270be8fc205c.html

For those who don't understand German, "it was determined that the child was missing from school but this information was not passed on to the secretary's office" according to the state authority for School and Education in Chemnitz. Further this authority does not think that that the school acted "intentionally" but rather the typical "hectic school day" was the reason for the omission. If any blame is to be attached to the school at all, then only "minor blame".

The suspect is now in Germany in the state of Saxony.

This morning Czech police handed him over to German police at the border. When brought before an examining judge, the suspect said nothing. He has been remanded into prison while awaiting criminal proceedings.

www.schwarzwaelder-bote.de/inhalt.neunjaehrige-getoetet-fall-valeriia-tatverdaechtiger-nach-deutschland-ueberstellt.b108100b-2ed5-44d5-a7c5-4a685034c479.html

Sorry, I don't have access to English-language media otherwise quoted on this thread like Yahoo. Maybe somebody else can find an article in English to quote. Most of the article above contains information already known, which is why I've included such a short summary.
MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rachelle(Ru-shell)
Back