Ghislaine Maxwell, Jeffrey Epstein confidante, arrested on Sex Abuse charges, July 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And there's John Doe #1

That’s the part I don’t understand
Dershowitz filed a brief asking the records be kept under seal and Doe’s attorneys argued against him
and Doe said VG never named him. She named Dershowitz.
The hearing came a day after a man identified in court papers only as John Doe filed a letter asking Preska not to unseal mentions of his real name, or the names of other still-unidentified people because it could hurt their reputations.
Doe’s lawyers attended the hearing.
So did lawyers for Dershowitz, who previously represented Epstein.
During arguments at the hearing, a lawyer for Dershowitz told Preska his client believes in maximum transparency and wants everything to be unsealed.
“I don’t care,” Preska said, drawing laughter in the court.

Arguing on behalf of a mysterious John Doe, lawyer Nicholas J. Lewin was the most vocal, citing the need to protect the privacy of people who have not been publicly accused of wrongdoing. Dershowitz’s request was neither efficient nor proportional, he argued.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/florida/article243745007.html#storylink=cpy

I think that several men who have been known to be associated with JE will be named and shamed and suffer some public humiliation or diminution of their status. But they'll escape incarceration because.. money, or influence will talk.

But I think there will be dozens of other equally famous and powerful men who will escape exposure or legal action because a couple of obvious names will satiate the press's need for continuous stories.

So many of the abusers will retain anonymity and suffer no consequences for their actions.
Yes .... and possibly more than that ..... many things we may never hear about because it is considered "intelligence" ... even in his first arrest years ago Epstein got a sweetheart deal ... minimum sentence .... and free to go to work 12 hours a day because he was very valuable to "intelligence" and the prosecutors were told to "back off" (my words)

Nothing explicit was name but hints of working with the FBI and even Mossad have leaked out .... he could very well have supplied dirt on powerful leaders and wealthy people thus shielding himself from (most) charges ..... it would not be the first time "intelligence agencies" have used guys like Epstein

During the 1940's 50's & 60's cold war Soviet KGB were masters at that ... rather than try to recruit spies they would look for “moral weaknesses” (homosexuality etc) in nuclear and military personnel and leverage them for information.

In street language we would call it blackmail but it amounts to the same thing in the end.

Last edited by a moderator:
such odd timing.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/23/epsteins-nyc-florida-mansions-hit-the-market-for-combined-110m/

Jeffrey Epstein’s Manhattan townhouse and Florida mansion have hit the market — with a combined asking price of $110 million, according to a new report.

The dead pedophile’s Upper East Side townhouse at 9 E. 71st St. is listed at $88 million, while his waterfront estate in Palm Beach will ask $21.995 million, the Wall Street Journal reported Thursday.

The 28,000-square-foot Neoclassical townhouse, listed by Adam Modlin of Modlin Group, is located on one of the most sought-after blocks in New York City. It spans seven floors and boasts oak entry doors, imported French limestone with carvings and decorative ironwork, Modlin told the Journal.

The mansion also has a room with an elaborate video security system and still houses a lot of Epstein’s furniture, visitors said.

such odd timing.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/23/epsteins-nyc-florida-mansions-hit-the-market-for-combined-110m/

Jeffrey Epstein’s Manhattan townhouse and Florida mansion have hit the market — with a combined asking price of $110 million, according to a new report.

The dead pedophile’s Upper East Side townhouse at 9 E. 71st St. is listed at $88 million, while his waterfront estate in Palm Beach will ask $21.995 million, the Wall Street Journal reported Thursday.

The 28,000-square-foot Neoclassical townhouse, listed by Adam Modlin of Modlin Group, is located on one of the most sought-after blocks in New York City. It spans seven floors and boasts oak entry doors, imported French limestone with carvings and decorative ironwork, Modlin told the Journal.

The mansion also has a room with an elaborate video security system and still houses a lot of Epstein’s furniture, visitors said.

Fancy video surveillance? You don't say! As for the furniture, after forensics was done, why didn't they burn it all? Who would want to be anywhere near it?

such odd timing.

And who would want to buy properties in two different cities like that for the rather impressive sum of $110 million.

And the timing really suggests the proceeds are somehow being funneled to someone who needs money right now. Perhaps GM.

Judge rules to unseal secret documents in case against Ghislaine Maxwell

Judge rules to unseal secret documents in case against Ghislaine Maxwell

Josie Ensor

6 hrs ago

Among the records to be released is thought to be a 418-page transcript of Ms Maxwell's deposition - her only on-the-record account of her association with Epstein - which attorneys argue was given under an expectation of confidentiality that had been agreed to by both sides in the dispute.

Ms Maxwell's lawyers had said she was asked unduly "intrusive" questions about her sex life, which was not in the public interest.

Limited excerpts of those depositions were released last year, in a ruling that came a day before Epstein was found dead in his New York prison cell in August.

Included in that collection were excerpts from depositions naming several prominent men she alleges Epstein and Ms Maxwell directed her to have sex with, including Prince Andrew.
US District Judge Loretta Preska in Manhattan on Thursday said the presumption the public has a right to access the records outweighed Ms Maxwell's arguments for keeping them sealed, including that they could prove embarrassing.

Ms Preska said, however, that personal identifying information contained in the record, as well as the names of many "non-parties," will be redacted.

She granted Lauren Menninger, Ms Maxwell’s lawyer, one week to file an emergency motion with the Second Circuit Court of Appeals to challenge the decision.

In another blow to the socialite, earlier in the day she lost a motion in a separate criminal case after the judge declined a request by a defence lawyer to ban public comments by the government or lawyers for women who claim abuse.

@jkbjournalist
NY Judge gives Maxwell's lawyer a week to appeal her decision. The process to unseal however, will continue. It looks like no documents will be made public for at least a week or more.
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/florida/article244432782.html

Mirror: Prince Andrew warned 'be concerned' as Ghislaine Maxwell papers to be released

Attorney Lisa Bloom, representing some of the victims, had this to say: "Anyone who was associated with Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell should be very concerned.

In particular, Prince Andrew should get ahead of this by cooperating with investigators as he promised to do months ago.”

Will GM's stable of lawyers successfully appeal or will they be turned down? Is PA sweating right now or not? Is AD wearing fresh underwear?

I have a hard time believeing a sleazeball like Jeffrey Epstein doesn't have AT LEAST one secret child out there. Who gets his money?

He tried. Never took off
Millionaire financier and convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein’s ties to New Mexico go beyond owning a southern Santa Fe County ranch where he reportedly had designs to impregnate women in order to “seed” the human race with his DNA.
Jeffrey Epstein gave $275,000 to Santa Fe Institute

Secrets of GM's sex life will be revealed ahead of her trial on sex trafficking charges, a New York judge has ruled.

Lawyers for GM had sought to keep documents from a 2015 lawsuit sealed on the grounds they contained "extremely personal" information that could used to "promote public scandal".

GM has long fought the release of the five documents, totalling 94 pages, but Judge Loretta Preska today ruled they should be unsealed within a week.

Many of the pages have previously been released, but GM’s lawyers said those that remained sealed contained answers to "intrusive questioning" about her sex life but the Judge ruled that GM’s concerns - including privacy and the impact on her criminal case - were "far outweighed" by the need for public access. Her legal team have 7 days to launch an emergency appeal.

The names of two mysterious 'John Does' will also be revealed if and when the documents are unsealed.

Ghislaine Maxwell’s sex secrets revealed

A year from trial scares me because so much can happen to shut her up! Hope she’s keeping a diary or singing like a canary. Of course mr president might pardon her to keep himself from going to jail. JMOO

Some people think they're above the law, so unless there's an actual tape of him doing "something", I'd be positively staggered if he went to prison.

It's important to remember how crucial Giuffre's narrative of her three alleged encounters with Prince Andrew are to her claims of being trafficked, specifically to London, specifically at the hands of Maxwell and JE. In this sense it can be argued that the news of the release of the civil documents is worse for Prince Andrew than it is for his old friend Maxwell, since Andrew sits in a luxe sort of confinement of his own making, unindicted but inexorably at the forefront of the thinking at every turn the criminal case against his friend takes.

The subsequent detailed federal investigation and 17-page indictment of GM on charges of trafficking, conspiracy, and perjury has also re-focused the klieg lights onto Andrew's life.

By February 2000, Andrew, had cemented his global reputation as a party-hearty royal. Pictured on February 12, 2000 at a party at Mar-a-Lago, Andrew was in his element with JE.

Significantly, mere weeks before JE's suicide in jail, Buckingham Palace saw zero problems with having Andrew attend a wreath-laying in his official capacity for the Crown with the Trumps on their state visit to the UK. In other words, Buckingham Palace is well aware of Andrew's connection to the Trumps going back twenty years. That's why he featured prominently in last summer's state visit.

A highly respected British media lawyer said of the Dept of Justice and their prosecutors, “They know they can’t extradite him. What they’re trying to do is get him over voluntarily and, if they think they’ve got enough evidence, charge him there. He’s not a witness, he’s a covert target of this operation.”

Andrew seems to think the very same thing and has done since he and his "working group" of barristers and media advisors have been huddled in strategy for some weeks. Last week he cancelled a planned golf trip to the famed San Roque Golf Club, and the Royal Golf Club of Sotogrande. It's thought that Spain's robust extradition treaty with the US was a factor in the cancellation, which dovetails with what an unidentified Buckingham palace source described as the prince's plans to travel exactly nowhere within the EU, and never again to the US.

Naming The Names: What Ghislaine Maxwell’s Court Document Release Means For Prince Andrew And Others In Epstein’s ‘Little Black Book’

Maxwell's criminal defense team will be quite disappointed at Judge Preska's decision, since the release will form a base for vigorous digging into the meat of that lawsuit and their client's behavior, so that that perceived public relations damage to her criminal case will be minor compared to the public relations damage that some of the named "non-parties" may experience as a result of the document release.

Andrew enjoys the official if not the public presumption of innocence, and remains uncharged, but he has still somehow managed to paint himself into a corner with his resolute, multiple public denials of Giuffre's accusations.

The content from Giuffre's lawsuit will land imminently, and its triggering effect of renewed, very public scrutiny of that time period in JE's and Andrew's lives will present Andrew and his "working group" of legal and public relations advisors with a choice. They will have to unfetter their previously unhurried approach toward a more cooperative posture with the US authorities, or, somewhat likelier, they will have to figure out how to employ that process as cover for a more successful groundhog-backing-slowly-into-his-burrow attempt than they have been able to provide Andrew to date.

It's up for grabs whether anybody can, or could, successfully bury the issue for Andrew, but that possibility seems far more remote now. Either way, the news of the document release of the Giuffre civil action is bad for him, and as more documents than these immediate ones will be made public by Judge Preska, his legal and public relations prospects for the coming months look rough.

Naming The Names: What Ghislaine Maxwell’s Court Document Release Means For Prince Andrew And Others In Epstein’s ‘Little Black Book’

From the link:

Trump's offer of well wishes to Maxwell came after a reporter asked him if "you feel that she's going to turn in powerful men?"
BBM

Trump on accused Epstein sex crimes accomplice Ghislaine Maxwell: 'I wish her well'

A simple “I really can’t comment on a case currently before the court” would have sufficed IMO.

Just reporting one man’s opinion: Lawrence O’Donnell on MSNBC just now opined that Trump was sending a clear message “Do you want to be a Roger Stone (sentence commuted) or a Michael Cohen (returned to prison and currently in solitary confinement after revealing that he is writing a book...which may or may not be connected.).

I think Trump wishing her well was because of what happened to JE and the question was about her turning on powerful men. No one knows how many and who all the powerful men are, only GM and the victims. She is the one though that can take those men down. I highly doubt he's going to step in at all, if there were any proof of Trump being involved and with the expanse of entire operation to take him out it would have been discovered by this point.

Given Trump's recent history, I strongly feel that his reaching out to Maxwell, when totally uncalled for, knowing that it would create a whirlwind of controversy, echos his past hints made to Roger Stone, Micheal Flynn and others of a potential pardon or preferential treatment. Epstein's arrest revealed that he had "hundreds of thousands of photographs and videos" recovered just from his NYC townhouse. I really wonder where this evidence is now. And whether any of this digital trove may contain Ms. Maxwell. I have no idea whether Maxwell will flip for a deal. But if I was Prince Andrew, Bill Clinton, Alan Dershowitz, Donald Trump among perhaps hundreds of others, I would be quacking in my boots right now. I know its impossible to conceive of another "suicide" occurring in the Tombs, where I believe Ms. Maxwell is also housed, but given <modsnip> all that is at stake, it would not surprise me in the least if Ms. Maxwell "hangs" her self as well. There is way too much at stake for her to come to trial. The feds are sitting on mountains of evidence from the Epstein seizures. I am sure that many photos and videos include Ms. Maxwell and may come out as evidence in her trial. I would be watching the developments in this saga like a hawk, its potential implications are huge. This might be the biggest "crime" story for the remainder of the year. I do not post or read much here, but if I were a regular I would be all over this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member