Ghislaine Maxwell, Jeffrey Epstein confidante, arrested on Sex Abuse charges, July 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge rules to unseal secret documents in case against Ghislaine Maxwell

Judge rules to unseal secret documents in case against Ghislaine Maxwell

Josie Ensor

6 hrs ago

Among the records to be released is thought to be a 418-page transcript of Ms Maxwell's deposition - her only on-the-record account of her association with Epstein - which attorneys argue was given under an expectation of confidentiality that had been agreed to by both sides in the dispute.

Ms Maxwell's lawyers had said she was asked unduly "intrusive" questions about her sex life, which was not in the public interest.

Limited excerpts of those depositions were released last year, in a ruling that came a day before Epstein was found dead in his New York prison cell in August.

Included in that collection were excerpts from depositions naming several prominent men she alleges Epstein and Ms Maxwell directed her to have sex with, including Prince Andrew.
US District Judge Loretta Preska in Manhattan on Thursday said the presumption the public has a right to access the records outweighed Ms Maxwell's arguments for keeping them sealed, including that they could prove embarrassing.

Ms Preska said, however, that personal identifying information contained in the record, as well as the names of many "non-parties," will be redacted.

She granted Lauren Menninger, Ms Maxwell’s lawyer, one week to file an emergency motion with the Second Circuit Court of Appeals to challenge the decision.

In another blow to the socialite, earlier in the day she lost a motion in a separate criminal case after the judge declined a request by a defence lawyer to ban public comments by the government or lawyers for women who claim abuse.
when can I get my sticky little fingers on a copy?

Given Trump's recent history, I strongly feel that his reaching out to Maxwell, when totally uncalled for, knowing that it would create a whirlwind of controversy, echos his past hints made to Roger Stone, Micheal Flynn and others of a potential pardon or preferential treatment. Epstein's arrest revealed that he had "hundreds of thousands of photographs and videos" recovered just from his NYC townhouse. I really wonder where this evidence is now. And whether any of this digital trove may contain Ms. Maxwell. I have no idea whether Maxwell will flip for a deal. But if I was Prince Andrew, Bill Clinton, Alan Dershowitz, Donald Trump among perhaps hundreds of others, I would be quacking in my boots right now. I know its impossible to conceive of another "suicide" occurring in the Tombs, where I believe Ms. Maxwell is also housed, but given <modsnip> all that is at stake, it would not surprise me in the least if Ms. Maxwell "hangs" her self as well. There is way too much at stake for her to come to trial. The feds are sitting on mountains of evidence from the Epstein seizures. I am sure that many photos and videos include Ms. Maxwell and may come out as evidence in her trial. I would be watching the developments in this saga like a hawk, its potential implications are huge. This might be the biggest "crime" story for the remainder of the year. I do not post or read much here, but if I were a regular I would be all over this.
I immediately wondered if there was a Wishing Well on one of the properties and she would find something of interest in it LOL

Given Trump's recent history, I strongly feel that his reaching out to Maxwell, when totally uncalled for, knowing that it would create a whirlwind of controversy, echos his past hints made to Roger Stone, Micheal Flynn and others of a potential pardon or preferential treatment. Epstein's arrest revealed that he had "hundreds of thousands of photographs and videos" recovered just from his NYC townhouse. I really wonder where this evidence is now. And whether any of this digital trove may contain Ms. Maxwell. I have no idea whether Maxwell will flip for a deal. But if I was Prince Andrew, Bill Clinton, Alan Dershowitz, Donald Trump among perhaps hundreds of others, I would be quacking in my boots right now. I know its impossible to conceive of another "suicide" occurring in the Tombs, where I believe Ms. Maxwell is also housed, but given <modsnip> all that is at stake, it would not surprise me in the least if Ms. Maxwell "hangs" her self as well. There is way too much at stake for her to come to trial. The feds are sitting on mountains of evidence from the Epstein seizures. I am sure that many photos and videos include Ms. Maxwell and may come out as evidence in her trial. I would be watching the developments in this saga like a hawk, its potential implications are huge. This might be the biggest "crime" story for the remainder of the year. I do not post or read much here, but if I were a regular I would be all over this.

Welcome chrism23, with your first post.:):):)
Hope we hear more from you.
Surely loads of these 'folk' are sorting out their lives now, waiting for 'their turn'.
It may be just round the corner.

Surviving Jeffrey Epstein Full Episodes, Video & More | Lifetime

Surviving Jeffrey Epstein
Two-Night Event Premieres August 9 at 8/7c

Following the impact of Lifetime’s Surviving R. Kelly and Surviving R. Kelly Part II: The Reckoning, the network continues to raise the voices of survivors with Surviving Jeffrey Epstein, in line with Lifetime’s Stop Violence Against Women initiative to provide a platform and resources for women. The four-hour doc investigates the billionaire New York financier who is alleged to have used his connections to the rich and famous to shield his predatory behavior with young girls. Revealing how Epstein set up a pseudo sexual Ponzi scheme to bring in underaged girls, the doc delves into the aftermath the survivors are experiencing with no justice to be served.

Surviving Jeffrey Epstein Full Episodes, Video & More | Lifetime

Surviving Jeffrey Epstein
Two-Night Event Premieres August 9 at 8/7c

Following the impact of Lifetime’s Surviving R. Kelly and Surviving R. Kelly Part II: The Reckoning, the network continues to raise the voices of survivors with Surviving Jeffrey Epstein, in line with Lifetime’s Stop Violence Against Women initiative to provide a platform and resources for women. The four-hour doc investigates the billionaire New York financier who is alleged to have used his connections to the rich and famous to shield his predatory behavior with young girls. Revealing how Epstein set up a pseudo sexual Ponzi scheme to bring in underaged girls, the doc delves into the aftermath the survivors are experiencing with no justice to be served.

I dont see any videos at the link you gave .... looks more like a TV station schedule

thanks

Mystery surrounds identity of GM’s ‘secret husband’.

Prosecutor Moe said, “The defendant also makes no mention whatsoever about the financial circumstances or assets of her spouse, whose identity she declined to provide to pre-trial services”. That revelation was central to the prosecution’s argument that GM has been disguising her true wealth. That she had managed to keep the identity of that husband secret from law enforcement and the gaze of the media was a shock to everyone.

Even more curious was the fact that there appears to be no marriage certificate in public filings in Massachusetts or New Hampshire, where she was known to have spent time in the last year.

Prosecutors have so far been unable to ascertain the identity of her mystery spouse. Some have speculated that it may be her last alleged romantic partner, Scott Borgerson. According to the profile, SB is a former coast guard officer and “has testified before a number of congressional committees, [and] contributed to White House strategic policy making”.

The identity of the husband may yet lead prosecutors down new avenues in the wide-reaching investigation into the sexual abuse of young girls by Epstein.

Despite the reports of a relationship between the pair, however, there is no evidence to suggest they are married.

There are several reasons why GM would not want the identity of her spouse to be made public — not all of them nefarious, as prosecutors suggested.

James Zirin, a former assistant US attorney said, “The most obvious and benign is that she’s trying to shield the spouse from press inquiry and notoriety. Other reasons, however, could include that he may have knowledge of where her assets are and of crimes that she may have committed.”

Zirin noted that spousal privilege — a law that states that a spouse cannot be compelled to testify against the other spouse — would mean that whoever it is would be able to refuse to cooperate with the Epstein abuse investigation.

Her true wealth may be important for other legal actions. In addition to the criminal charges, GM is currently facing civil lawsuits from several other alleged victims who allege that she was central to the abuse they suffered.

Mystery surrounds identity of Ghislaine Maxwell’s ‘secret husband’

GM ambushed prosecutors by asking for a gag order on witnesses in her criminal trial.

Her lawyers filed an affidavit in her child sex trafficking case on Monday, asking a NY judge to prevent prosecution witnesses from publishing information about the case online.

Prosecutors scrambled to file a letter to Judge Nathan in response, claiming they had been negotiating with JE’s alleged madam’s legal team ‘as recently as 6p.m. last night’ and were surprised by the gagging request.

Her attorney wrote to Judge Nathan asking her to keep discovery materials from being published, but wanted permission to identify witnesses and GM’s alleged victims who have already come forward in the case.

GM’s lawyer wrote: ‘The defense believes that potential government witnesses and their counsel should be subject to the same restrictions as the defense concerning appropriate use of the discovery materials – namely, if these individuals are given access to discovery materials during trial preparation, they may not use those materials for any purpose other than preparing for trial in the criminal case, and may not post those materials on the Internet,’ the affidavit said.

‘The defense believes it should not be restricted from publicly disclosing or disseminating the identity of any alleged victims or potential witnesses referenced in the discovery materials who have already identified themselves by speaking on the public record,’ the lawyer wrote.

The affidavit said GM’s legal team had been negotiating with Assistant U.S. Attorneys Moe, Rossmiller, and Maurene Comey (James Comey’s daughter).

Audrey Strauss, Acting US Attorney for the SDNY, shot back a one-paragraph letter to the judge, asking for a day to respond to GM’S gagging request.

Ghislaine Maxwell asks for gag order on criminal trial witnesses | Daily Mail Online

Adam Klasfeld
@KlasfeldReports

·
24m

Read the government's arguments and proposed protective order here. Update on the multiple Ghislaine Maxwell developments today up ahead soon at Courthouse News.

MyEcXgci

Adam Klasfeld
@KlasfeldReports

·
29m

NEW: Prosecutors argue there is "no legal basis" to let Ghislaine Maxwell identify witnesses who went public, calling the request "extraordinarily broad, unnecessary, and inappropriate." They warn against invading those witnesses' "dignity and privacy."
@CourthouseNews

EeCtSIqXgAEPjp-

Full doc:

SDNY Maxwell 7 28 2020

How slow of me, I've just found you guys tonight sogoing to start reading in a while.

Prince Andrew still has a worried look on his face, and quite rightly so, I say. He keeps saying he hasn't heard anything from an agent so won't be going to US. He says he has made contact to help but heard nothing back. All this is quite recently.

Best bit of news is, he wasn't allowed in his daughters wedding photos, Princess Bea. Lovely seeing TheQueen and Prince Philip attend, he looks well for his age.

Off to carry on reading from page 1 lol.

Before I go backwards again, I've got a guestion.

I saw a photo either at end of. UK news or in a newspaper. The photo was Epstein and a group of men. One of the men was Donald Trump, all looking a lot younger. Is DT spoken about in this case? I know he, Trump, owned property on an island that Epstein used for party weekends or weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz