Gilgo Beach 4 Only (GB4)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We think LISK is a dismemberer. Probably a deflesher as well.

Sorry to be graphic. It's one of the issues of true crime discussion; on the one hand I always want to write as if the victims' families might read this but on the other hand the victims are best served by the truth.

What brings the possibility of defleshing in to the convo. These might not have been the ideal conditions for this but in certain conditions a small framed body can be reduced to bones in a matter of weeks or less.

Also, remember there were parts of Melissa found later on after the initial discovery which may support dismemberment and another link.

I don't remember this. Was this in the book that I haven't read?

What brings the possibility of defleshing in to the convo. These might not have been the ideal conditions for this but in certain conditions a small framed body can be reduced to bones in a matter of weeks or less.

If Dormer was correct in saying he believed LISK threw the G4 into the roadside overgrowth you have to think the the remains could not have weighed very much. Try throwing even a 25 pound weight very far. Then imagine trying to get some arc to your throw.

I think it is an important clue but of course it is surmise.

Yes it is in Lost Girls where her family discusses the second discovery

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

That's pretty vague. The family discusses it in different sections of the book...can you be more specific please? A link would be great. TIA!

"Sometime after Melissa’s funeral, Lynn Barthelemy got a call from the coroner’s office in Suffolk County, saying they had found more remains along the side of the highway with her daughter’s DNA. She wasn’t told exactly where these remains were found, and it never was made clear to her what had happened: whether the body had been dismembered or an animal had gotten to Melissa’s remains before they were discovered" - quoted from text

Im not able to carry videos over. Youtube Justice with judge Jeanine talks with aunt of Megan Waterman. She mentions dismemberment.

"Sometime after Melissa’s funeral, Lynn Barthelemy got a call from the coroner’s office in Suffolk County, saying they had found more remains along the side of the highway with her daughter’s DNA. She wasn’t told exactly where these remains were found, and it never was made clear to her what had happened: whether the body had been dismembered or an animal had gotten to Melissa’s remains before they were discovered" - quoted from text

Does anyone remember how much time went by between the discovery of GB4 and when more of MB remains were found?

Bumping this up a bit. Did some googledorking on the dog Blue and came up with this. Interesting part is “There was some burlap, and most of the skeleton was there.”

Most? I would assume JM (don't want people to search his name and have this show up) would know a lot more about the remains then what was released to the media outlets. To use a word like 'most' leads me to think he specifically noticed missing things (parts). Could mean some were scattered a bit by animals and not seen on initial discovery. This would be MB.

Thoughts?

http://www.woofipedia.com/articles/true-crime-k-9s-blue
Dormer said LE did not report burlap was found " not officially". It was reported " unofficially".

If Dormer was correct in saying he believed LISK threw the G4 into the roadside overgrowth you have to think the the remains could not have weighed very much. Try throwing even a 25 pound weight very far. Then imagine trying to get some arc to your throw.

I think it is an important clue but of course it is surmise.

Or the bodies were swung and thrown by two people, not one.

The guy who found the body is quoted with saying it. That's pretty 'official' in my book. :dance:

The Feds took a prominent roll in the case nine months ago. And still nothing. Its discouraging.

Im not able to carry videos over. Youtube Justice with judge Jeanine talks with aunt of Megan Waterman. She mentions dismemberment.

That's an old video. I think she was assuming. It's obvious from Melissa's mother's story that they were not told what had happened to their girls...the G4 were not dismembered according to Dormer...why would he lie?

I've said it before, but I'll say it again.. it is not unreasonable to think a fairly healthy man under forty can walk out a body under 150 pounds a few feet into thick brush and drop her there. There is absolutely no need for there to be two people to have accomplished this.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again.. it is not unreasonable to think a fairly healthy man under forty can walk out a body under 150 pounds a few feet into thick brush and drop her there. There is absolutely no need for there to be two people to have accomplished this.

You are right. The bodies were dumped only a few feet into the brush. If you're familiar with the area, there's really no need to go any further into the brush. It's highly unlikely anyone would be walking in that area. There's really no reason for anyone to be walking alongside the road. Plus in the summer the brush is so thick it would be highly unlikely that you'd see the bodies from a car passing by. Especially if they were in burlap that would've been camouflaged.

I have just always wondered how they were able to do thy without getting scratched up by all of the branches and stuff. Maybe the killer wore some heavy duty coveralls to protect himself from the brush (maybe he works in the construction or car repair trade). I'd imagine if he was walking around covered in scratches someone would've noticed and questioned him by now.

yeah, if he's an outdoorsman of any kind though... no one close to him would think anything of a few scratches on his arms.And if the killer wore pants and long sleeves, might not be any scratches at all. I really don't see this killer as being a middle class/professional type like some do. I see him being a landscaper/tree trimmer/carpentry type guy. Possibly with drug/alcohol addictions himself. Just look at the recent serial killer found in Ohio. People tend to overthink just because he's been so elusive (or perhaps just lucky). Just because someone uses burner phones doesn't make them 'technologically savvy'.

yeah, if he's an outdoorsman of any kind though... no one close to him would think anything of a few scratches on his arms.And if the killer wore pants and long sleeves, might not be any scratches at all. I really don't see this killer as being a middle class/professional type like some do. I see him being a landscaper/tree trimmer/carpentry type guy. Possibly with drug/alcohol addictions himself. Just look at the recent serial killer found in Ohio. People tend to overthink just because he's been so elusive (or perhaps just lucky). Just because someone uses burner phones doesn't make them 'technologically savvy'.

Couldn't agree more. That's why I thought of the heavy duty coveralls. I remember reading in a article or hearing on a news report that the officers were all scratched up because the brush is that thick & there are thorn bushes. I drove by there this summer because I wanted to see if I could get into oak beach just t get an understanding of Shannon's surroundings. When it's all grown in (which it had to be at the time of some of the murders ) then there's no way in hell someone walked in there and didn't get at least a few scratches.

I agree with you that he's a landscaper or some other type of laborer. I've seen profiles on him where it's says he's college educated and well off. I assume that's based on the fact her offered so much money to these girls. The key word though is "offered". I can offer you $1500 now. Doesn't mean I have it! It's possible he was a general laborer or even a union guy who made decent money and only had himself to support, therefore making it seem like he was wel off. He also could've had a nice car and had been living beyond his means.

Either way I agree, that if he worked in the construction trade, it wouldn't be that abnormal for him to have scratches. I also agree about the drug alcohol problems especially because it was reported by Melissa Barthelemy's boyfriend that the caller sounded as if he had been drinking.

I have read that the police feel the first group found the "GB4" were possibly stalked beforehand, and also likely tortured. Is there any reliable information of this information? Since the investigators have been very quiet in releasing info on this case and after looking at many websites on this topic I am wondering if anyone knows what truth/evidence to the theories being put forth.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back