Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well FWIW, I don't think he was wearing any kind of hairpiece when he was arrested.

In the profile shot in this article, it just looks like tousled bedhead to me.

If it's a hairpiece, it's the most unevenly cut one I've ever seen.

Not that this is important in the least in the big scheme of things.

He may have been relieved of his wig upon his arrest.

Agreed!

It's even brought out the task force focused on the four women, "rather than all of the victims, because of the similarities between the evidence in their cases."

Also the "torso murder" family attorney has been recently receiving taunting calls. Why do this if that particular murder wasn't RH's doing?!

RH was tuned in to all the news about the cases and would have seen John Ray interviewed. I'm sure he would have seen JR and his family as fun targets for harassment even if JR's clients were related only to victims found in proximity to his own. It's possible RH was guilty of more murders than he's now accused of, but his harassment of JR & family is explainable either way. If RH is the one making the calls of course. Another killer could be imitating RH's calls to Melissa's sister.

Well firstly so glad to see a suspect get arrested for these horrific and awful murders that I genuinely thought had gone stone cold as cases and were never going to be solved and justice served for the families.

Secondly, I just can't believe that the Gilgo Four were his first, and nor his last victims. Just opinion.

Nassau County. Houses on top of one another. I can't believe none of the neighbors ever saw or heard anything.
Dahmer killed a bunch of people in a crowded apartment block. Murder can happen anywhere, and can be quieter than we think. In a free standing home with land around it? No problem. If people do hear anything, they tend to rationalise it away rather than jumping to their neighbour being a serial killer.

MOO

Another interesting thing to note is that in the November 2011 photo, it appears RH had been keeping the garage door closed permanently as it has vines growing on it.
Yeah, that looks like ivy, that'd be clinging with suckers to the paint and wood rather than just draping against the door. No way to open it without ripping those suckers free.

MOO

Last edited:
I find it very interesting that so far we have not heard from anyone who worked at RH's business.

What would they have to lose? Not their job, certainly--that's already gone.

Okay I'm kind of off in a rabbit hole of my own mind, but do those staffers that were pictured on his business website even exist?
Here is a brief quote from one of them.

An employee, Jaime Ovalle-Motta, told The Daily Beast on Friday morning, “Shocked. I'm in total shock. That's all I can say.”.

NYC Architect Nabbed in Notorious Gilgo Beach Serial Killings

Does anyone think there are at least two serial killers dumping bodies near gilgo?
with the amount of people in long island and NYC i wouldnt be surprised if multiple people dump bodies there. I dont believe all the killings are linked to one person. could be another serial killer, some of those could be one-off killings or gang-related.

I wonder what was really going on in that grubby little house...well I mean we know what was going on but I mean his wife and daughter etc...did they ever live there? it doesn't sound like it...none of the neighbors mention her or the daughter...mOO
Yes, they lived there. Neighbors have stated seeing the step-son and wife around. RH has also stated it himself in court-

"In his April 2018 deposition in one of the cases, Heuermann discussed his life and work, saying that he lived at his childhood home in the Long Island suburb of Massapequa Park with his wife of then 22 years, daughter and stepson." link

I also have direct knowledge of persons going to the house to work with the special needs son. But, that is just from me personally, so you can call that hearsay if you must.

Dahmer killed a bunch of people in a crowded apartment block. Murder can happen anywhere, and can be quieter than we think. In a free standing home with land around it? No problem. If people do hear anything, they tend to rationalise it away rather than jumping to their neighbour being a serial killer.

MOO

Some elderly folks have homes that look this way, not uncommon in many neighborhoods. If an elderly person develops mobility problems, things can start to slide. It's easy for neighbors to not suspect some kind of abnormal activity in a local house that's run-down.

Please, do we have anyone with Law Enforcement who is involved with using DNA for identification? It is stressed the “mitochondrial DNA" is being used. Is the mtDNA ALWAYS used this way? Why not the yDNA? As someone who knows just enough to be dangerous, I can't help wondering if mtDNA is ALWAYS used or why it is being stressed in this case.
So yDNA wouldn't have been able to be collected from the wife's hair, as cisgender woman dont have a Y chromosome

I find it interesting how besides the Gilgo 4, Heuermann also was allegedly searching up explicit material with the query "Asian twink tied up". Twink is a term used to refer to young gay men who are thin, and one of the victims found near the Gilgo 4 was an unidentified Asian male with women's clothing on (they could've been transgender). I wonder if the officials included that search query in the bail application document because of this.

I'm also curious as to whether he has any connection to the killings in Atlantic City back in 2006, as well as the earlier murders with remains found near Gilgo Beach.

I find it interesting how besides the Gilgo 4, Heuermann also was allegedly searching up explicit material with the query "Asian twink tied up". Twink is a term used to refer to young gay men who are thin, and one of the victims found near the Gilgo 4 was an unidentified Asian male with women's clothing on (they could've been transgender). I wonder if the officials included that search query in the bail application document because of this.

I'm also curious as to whether he has any connection to the killings in Atlantic City back in 2006, as well as the earlier murders with remains found near Gilgo Beach
Law Enforcement is being extremely tight lipped in this case. I don't think we will know anything until an arrest is made

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot