Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I think about what we know about RH, especially his disturbing web searches the more he reminds me so much of Richard Cottingham. The “family” man who worked in NYC, lived in suburbs and one of the most sadistic SK of all time. We still don’t know his full victim count, he’s holding out on at least one victim we know of. I fear that some really dark dark things are going to be coming out of the woodwork about RH. I’m not saying that the other victims found in surrounding area (Asian male, peaches doe & baby doe, fire island Jane doe, Valerie Mack, Jessica Taylor, Cherries Doe and Sugar bear) are the work of RH, I just strongly suspect that the Gilgo 4 were not his only kills. Especially given the fact that he is an organized killer, planning his kills around wife’s travel etc. He’s a very smart man but he *advertiser censored**** up. The organized SK can hide in plain sight, and just come off as maybe “a little off”, very much like Cottingham.

One small bone is identified as missing, but how many other small bones were missing?

After listening to the 911 call and reading about the investigation into Shannan's client and driver, it sounds like she had an episode and was inexplicably fearful that someone wanted to hurt her. My impression, since she ran away from people who were genuinely trying to help her, is that she did accidentally run into the marsh and lose a sense of how to get out. I doubt that she was a murder victim.

“It provides no additional information, and concludes, as did the Suffolk County Office of the Medical Examiner, that there is insufficient information to determine a definite cause of death,” Sini said.

Though Gilbert’s death certificate listed the cause and manner of death as “undetermined,” an independent autopsy by former New York chief medical examiner Michael Baden concluded “there is no evidence that she died of a natural disease, of a drug overdose or of drowning.”

“There is insufficient information to determine a definite cause of death, but the autopsy findings are consistent with homicidal strangulation,” Baden wrote in the report released Thursday."

same link as you posted
Hi Otto!

How do you know convicted sex trafficker MP and Joseph Brewer (a man with "an appetite for paid sex" *article linked*), who allegedly hired a specific sex worker from farther away that would have to travel hours+ there and back that night when he could've called a girl to be over in no time..., truly genuinely wanted to help her? How the hell would we know that? These men are VERY sketchy, at best. The 911 call TO ME suggests that Shannan was drugged and MP was bringing a cattle to slaughter so to speak in some way or another, for money or to save his own butt or otherwise.

Listening to the 911 call, you hear others talk besides Shannan, and they do not give me the impression of being helpful kind men trying to assist her. That's my opinion of course.

Was her cellphone still on when she ran into the marsh? Was she still on the phone with 911? We've never heard the ending of this call.

Then there's this whole mess...

It makes more sense that something bad happened than just some "freak accident". Fascinating to me always, regardless of what caused her to tragically meet her end, is how police searching for her stumbled across all the others. Still don't personally think RH was involved now that we know RH but we shall see.

Utopia guide is still around. Did Rex use it?

So I chased the rabbit but now feel dirty reading comments- the attached site is different than the one where the comments were originally made about scamming client, there’s actually a post mentioning that the LI Utopia site was removed.

I think we have to forget the creepy labels and focus on the significance. They either seized all of these items or they simply gave the cat stuff to the wife. But, if they seized them, they did so confident that they contain some evidentiary value. MOO

That's really the story here IMO. They appear to have seized strange things begging the question "What connection do those things have" @iamshadow21 @Charlot123 and many others had some really good hypothesis about why they might have been seized. They are executing a search warrant here and they are processing a scene. They aren't moving her out. This is her home, or his, or both, doesn't matter really. Point is once they are done, they are releasing that scene and she gets her house back. So IMO I don't see LE allowing her to essentially move her stuff out in the middle of this investigation. JMO
BBM above
Basically agree with both

Apologies if you gleaned I was discussing moving someone moving out of the house?

I was merely pointing out that even though ths son now owned the house and the mother no longer lived there - many items could have initially belonged to the mother.

yes agree - imo this guy appears "extraordinarily" ordinary - especially for nyc -
Now that the video of him talking with a client about his line of work in an interview has surfaced, it's just baffling. "Serial killer" is not at all what I would've gotten from that video if I saw it with zero context.

Seems unlikely that RH murdered Shannan

It doesn't seem likely to me, either.

However, I don't think I'll ever buy the theory SG took her jeans off while running (due to hypothermia nor anything else). Strangest strewn objects ever... her purse, pants.... etc.

ETA: I think Dormer even said her pants "fell off" o_O

Last edited:
Hi Otto!

How do you know convicted sex trafficker MP and Joseph Brewer (a man with "an appetite for paid sex" *article linked*), who allegedly hired a specific sex worker from farther away that would have to travel hours+ there and back that night when he could've called a girl to be over in no time..., truly genuinely wanted to help her? How the hell would we know that? These men are VERY sketchy, at best. The 911 call TO ME suggests that Shannan was drugged and MP was bringing a cattle to slaughter so to speak in some way or another, for money or to save his own butt or otherwise.

Listening to the 911 call, you hear others talk besides Shannan, and they do not give me the impression of being helpful kind men trying to assist her. That's my opinion of course.

Was her cellphone still on when she ran into the marsh? Was she still on the phone with 911? We've never heard the ending of this call.

Then there's this whole mess...

It makes more sense that something bad happened than just some "freak accident". Fascinating to me always, regardless of what caused her to tragically meet her end, is how police searching for her stumbled across all the others. Still don't personally think RH was involved now that we know RH but we shall see.
Shannan grew up in foster homes, had a sibling with schizophrenia, and suffered bipolar disorder. We don't know the details of her illness, but it's possible that she had an episode and lost her bearings.

I don't think that Shannan's client wanted to help her, I think he wanted her to leave. Her driver also wanted her to leave and tried to help her, but she ran away. She approached homes in the area where others, including a woman, tried to help (season 1 or 2). She still ran away.

"The mood symptoms cause clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning."​

Bipolar Disorder DSM 4-5

I'm curious whether Shannan's mother would have a different perspective if she were alive today to hear about the man arrested in the other murders.

Shannan grew up in foster homes, had a sibling with schizophrenia, and suffered bipolar disorder. We don't know the details of her illness, but it's possible that she had an episode and lost her bearings.

I don't think that Shannan's client wanted to help her, I think he wanted her to leave. Her driver also wanted her to leave and tried to help her, but she ran away. She approached homes in the area where others, including a woman, tried to help (season 1 or 2). She still ran away.

"The mood symptoms cause clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning."​

Bipolar Disorder DSM 4-5
Trust me, I know all about Bipolar Disorder lol! Thank you for the link though!!
I understand. It could be a mental thing. It also could very well be nefarious. It's a hard one.
Have you listened to the call at 1.25x? That changed my perspective a lot. Why was she so afraid to leave with him if he's just her driver? Shannan accuses Pak directly of trying to kill her on the 911 call. Lots of red flags and I wouldn't believe a word he says. It just further leads me to question why the lawyer for LISK victims thinks LISK did it.

It doesn't seem likely to me, either.

However, I don't think I'll ever buy the theory SG took her jeans off while running (due to hypothermia nor anything else). Strangest strewn objects ever... her purse, pants.... etc.
Oak island seems like a very isolated and closed community. Hard to know what’s actually going on out there,

I believe that it used to be true--that labs could not extract DNA from a hair segment that lacked a follicle. But I believe that changed around 2019 or 2020, and DNA could be extracted from hair segments. But, as others have mentioned, if samples have degraded or aged to the point where DNA from the nucleus is no longer usable, mtDNA can be extracted and analyzed. Forensic Lab #2, as per the Bail Application, seems to specialize in mtDNA analysis.
That's great information. Thank you. What a wonderful advancement in DNA technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhokilledBettie?