Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Discussing the display of the Time-Out Dolls -- doesn't it seem LE has access to his credit card info from the time of the Memorials and dolls being displayed? If so, doesn't it make sense they would check his charges to see if RH purchased any dolls . . . ? This is just the beginning, folks. So much more to come.
It may have already been stated here, but I had to play catch up and skip to page 40 on this 2nd thread. If you have never seen the Killing Season it's worth the watch. The Time Out Dolls were discussed in one of the episodes.

I wonder if part of the reason the place was run down was because he didn't want anyone coming to the house, even if it was to do some jobs that he couldn't. There may have been things he didn't want anyone to see.

And the fact that he seemingly only painted as far as he could reach tells me that he wasn't up to doing any more than that, without having to climb up higher.

He doesn't look very fit at all.

If he was trying NOT to stand out he could have had his front porch repaired and painted and look less likely to draw attention to himself. His mindsight seems very odd to me and lacks artistic sense. His neighbor's houses looked nice.
It doesn't take a lot of money to repaint the trim instead of faded red & green.
I have questions if he was indeed an architect after all. My architect friends are Type A very meticulous in their clothing, hair appearances, and esp their houses look like museums.
He seems more like a used car salesman of "architects" for NYC!

RH father died in 1975, when he was 11 years old. We know that father was an aerospace engineer, and a hobbyist wood worker which RH also shares passion. Right away, hearing him idolize his father set off alarms for me. I’d love to know the dynamic in that household after his fathers death. I also find it interesting that RH mother who is in her 90s is in Virginia, rather then close to home where she can be regularly seen/checked up on (please correct me if this info is not correct I’ve read it several places). Mommy issues are the hallmark of many serial killers and I have to wonder if RH clear hatred for women stems from losing his father so young and having to take orders and be raised by a single mom. Also makes me wonder if his father was into nefarious things or had an unstable relationship with his wife (RH mom).

Mother issues are a huge RED FLAG! I have noticed many serial killers despised their own mothers have blamed them if the father abused them both.

I'm gonna be spooked if and when I read/hear he was collecting body parts or similar "tokens"... that's when collecting becomes truly sick.
I hear ya. I'm usually in a detached mode when reading on WS. For this case, I'm thinking about what led LE to the perp, where the bodies were, lifestyle of the perp, collecting details as if they are part of a puzzle and I need it all to make sense....forgetting sometimes what absolute horror the women suffered. Then a puzzle piece pops up and it hits me how horrifically senseless it all is.

I think we should be ready for worse to come. :(

jmo

If he was trying NOT to stand out he could have had his front porch repaired and painted and look less likely to draw attention to himself. His mindsight seems very odd to me and lacks artistic sense. His neighbor's houses looked nice.
In my opinion he felt it more important that no one came to do work on the house.

This! It looks like when a perp insert themselves into a investigation, trying to figure out what LE has on them. It makes one think. So creepy.
Yes, we know perps do often insert themselves into an investigation. Or perhaps an aging man with a new show to promote reminding people he's still alive and revelent . . . creepy and perhaps time will tell.

I think anyone who thinks he wouldn't kill peaches and her child is giving him way more credit than he deserves..
a sexual psychopathic sadist and serial killer will be more than happy to do away with a toddler..they might not want to admit to it, but they would certainly enjoy that since its..what they do...I know it doesn't sound right but
I don't give him a pass on anything. mOO

Shocked no one reported the front porch roof looked delipidated and unstable. That would not fly in my neighborhood.
As a non-american... you have a function to report that a house in your neighbourhood is not as pretty as the neighbours would want to? Wow.

This is just so to the other extreme from the "This is PRIVATE land, no-one may exist on MY land" that is usually portrayed about the US, that I have a hard time understanding how these two extremes can co-exist in the same cultural sphere.

Which one of these attitudes is more common? Could this house have been reported? What happens if a house is reported and would a NYC architect know of ways to get around such reports?

Hey folks, it's fine to discuss Time out Dolls in relation to this case specifically, but it is not necessary to go into the history of Time out Dolls since time began. It derails the discussion with off-topic information that does not relate directly to this case.

Please move on from general discussion about them. Thank you.

I hear ya. I'm usually in a detached mode when reading on WS. For this case, I'm thinking about what led LE to the perp, where the bodies were, lifestyle of the perp, collecting details as if they are part of a puzzle and I need it all to make sense....forgetting sometimes what absolute horror the women suffered. Then a puzzle piece pops up and it hits me how horrifically senseless it all is.

I think we should be ready for worse to come. :(

jmo

Lawrence Bittaker and Roy Norris (The Tool Box killers) as well as David Parker Ray and his toybox... linger in the back of my mind. Horrific evil torture.

Last edited:
It may have already been stated here, but I had to play catch up and skip to page 40 on this 2nd thread. If you have never seen the Killing Season it's worth the watch. The Time Out Dolls were discussed in one of the episodes.
I would love to watch it but I am struggling to find a way to access it from my location (Australia). It's kind of infuriating, because I have pay tv (Foxtel) which actually has A&E, but there's no The Killing Season when I search for it, so I can only assume it hasn't been released out here. Very annoying.

As a non-american... you have a function to report that a house in your neighbourhood is not as pretty as the neighbours would want to? Wow.

This is just so to the other extreme from the "This is PRIVATE land, no-one may exist on MY land" that is usually portrayed about the US, that I have a hard time understanding how these two extremes can co-exist in the same cultural sphere.

Which one of these attitudes is more common? Could this house have been reported? What happens if a house is reported and would a NYC architect know of ways to get around such reports?
I’m American and to my knowledge it’s normally a code enforcement issue, which is typically left up to local (i.e. city or county) governments. There are also Homeowners’ associations, but that isn’t a legal thing and just depends on the neighborhood and whether or not it has one.

I live in the Atlanta area and have lived in both Fulton and Cobb county. In my experience, Cobb county was far more stringent with code enforcement. I was once given a warning because my car was apparently parked facing the wrong direction. My landlord was given a warning for having a lawnmower visible from the street, lol. So even in neighboring counties it’s different.

Where I’m living now, it’s not as strict on private property, but there are still lots of regulations. I could see a house like this being flagged where I live if someone reported it.

JMO.

It doesn't take a lot of money to repaint the trim instead of faded red & green.
I have questions if he was indeed an architect after all. My architect friends are Type A very meticulous in their clothing, hair appearances, and esp their houses look like museums.
He seems more like a used car salesman of "architects" for NYC!

I agree. He looks like he carved out a niche in building codes resolution. He probably didn't actually design any buildings or houses.... probably failed in those endeavors and was just in Manhattan in order to be close and available to other businesses there for codes resolution consulting.

Also, he obviously spent his money (assuming the business was profitable) on guns. 200 guns X $300 per gun or more means $60,000 that he could have used to spruce up the place.

I'll bet his wife was verbally abused and just broken down to a emotionless nub.

Now, she questions if she really knows the man. He killed while she was out of town. WTAF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RABay1735