Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personal note:I worked a few blocks south also on 5th Ave a few years ago. The owner of the company used to hire sex workers and have them come to the office after I left for the night. One morning I came into the office and nearly broke myself falling out of my chair. The previous nights tryst broke my chair. How do I know? He left "evidence" on the chair. He brought sex workers to the office because he had a wife and kids at home.

He was also behind on taxes and we were visited by the city marshals quite a few times.

This case hits so close so home for me for many, many reasons. I'm going to mosey up to his office right now to see if there is any activity.

I agree. Someone's a gardener and probably composts. Looks like they're into growing food.

View attachment 434911
View attachment 434912
g61118.gif

What's down in that cellar?
View attachment 434915
View attachment 434916
Lovely garden actually.

A connection was supposedly ruled out, but given who the killer has turned out to be, it might be possible.
I don't believe a connection was "ruled out" - that's pretty impossible to do unless you have forensics that don't match.
The Suffolk County police stated they didn't believe the Atlantic City serial killer cases and Long Island serial killer cases were connected.
This was almost ten years ago though.
the quote from police commissioner Richard Dormer was:

"The indications that we have right now is there's no connection between the Atlantic City and Suffolk County case"

The Atlantic City cases ('Eastbound Strangler") likely did not yield much forensic evidence as the bodies were dumped in the canal and washed up. Those cases are SO cold at this point. The only evidence they could probably hope to get is from a fresh tip, or if they get lucky and uncover evidence while investigating another crime.

Thank you. You showed us photographic evidence of that scene yesterday and it included press setting up which is why it really was so surprising that it's only making it through MSM now.
Fox had a story up last night with videos and a small article. But I'm primarily a passive reader on here for now, chronic illness that's kicked up.

Thank you everyone for sharing such great information.

I agree. Someone's a gardener and probably composts. Looks like they're into growing food.

View attachment 434911
View attachment 434912
g61118.gif

What's down in that cellar?
View attachment 434915
View attachment 434916
Pumpkin, corn...something else leafy that doesn't quite look like rhubarb, maybe some kind of brassica. Celery... something feathery, anyway, on the left. The greenhouse/poly tunnel in the centre looks in good condition, that plastic sheeting doesn't last forever and there is no buildup of leaf litter on top despite the mature trees around.

Looks like someone loved the garden far more than the house.

I only hope the compost is just the standard kind, not enhanced with any kind of human tissue contribution.

MOO

I am wondering if anyone else is curious about this. I apologize if it has already been discussed.

According to the Bail Application for Heuermann:

Female human hairs were recovered from victims Brainard-Barnes, Waterman, and Costello. The hairs did not belong to any of the victims. Forensic Lab 2 concluded that "the DNA sample recovered from bottles outside of the residence of Defendant Heuermann (i.e. Heuermann's wife) and the Female Hair on Costello indicates that the mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) profiles are the same at all compared positions ... as per EMPOP database, [and would] exclude 99.98% of the North American population from the Female Hair on Costello." Forensic Lab 2 also compared "the profile associated with the DNA sample from Heuermann's wife to one of the two female hairs recovered on the remains of Waterman." Lab 2 again concluded that the mitochondrial DNA profiles are the same, and would exclude 99.69% of the North American population. However, "it is significant that RH's wife cannot be excluded from from either the female hairs recovered on the remains of Waterman and Costello."

Although she was out of the state during the disappearance and murder of both Waterman and Costello, and therefore appears not to be involved, the Bail Application states that it remains undetermined whether Defendant Heuermann's wife was out-of-state during Brainard-Barnes' disappearance and murder. The hair found on a restraint used on Brainard-Barnes and the hairs found on Waterman and Costello each belonged to a female in mitochondrial haplogroup K1c2. However, many females (and males) of European descent belong to this haplogroup. There is no mention made of any additional mtDNA analysis being done on the Brainard-Barnes' hair by Lab 2 as there was on the hairs found on Waterman and Costello.

I know that PCAs do not have to reveal every bit of evidence and analysis, but this seems to me to be an obvious omission from the Bail Application.

Since Heuermann's wife may not be able to produce documentation for an alibi proving she was out of the state during Barnes' disappearance and murder, is law enforcement somehow trying to squeeze info from her by hanging this over her head? It would go something like this: we are trying to protect you because we don't think that you were involved so we therefore did not reveal that mtDNA analysis on the Barnes' hair shows it most likely belongs to you just like the other hairs found on the other victims. In exchange for this favor, of not letting public opinion run wild with the thought that it's your hair and you can't prove you were not there since the records/evidence no longer exists, we need you to cooperate and tell us every single thing you know about your husband's activities since you first met him. She cannot be made to testify against him in a court since they are married, but it would be a pretty slick ploy by law enforcement to get lots of info about his comings and goings.

Is anybody else thinking this way? Or, am I way off here?

I have a hard time imagining that a massive 6-foot-6-inch guy like RH would be able to crouch down in any vehicle to try to hide himself--unless it was a van or enormous SUV. Could the person have been crouching outside the vehicle (between parked cars?) waiting for her to come closer?
Nope , definitely inside...but you make a good point about size...

Reading his secondary-to-LISK Google searches there is no way in hell these women (and toddler) were his only victims. He is one SICK vile demon of a man. Look at search #12... the unidentified Asian man was clearly his victim, in my opinion. Also in my opinion, he is a p*do and picks small women because they seem younger to him. I bet he abducted these women bc they were the closest he could get to r*ping/murdering children without doing so because he was scared of getting caught. It makes me feel even sicker about the toddler girl. Lord. I can't even deal with this disgusting man.

Last edited:
Curious how they caption the pic of the back yard as being "run down" when it's actually a very active garden.

It makes me wonder who the gardener is in the family, since I see 2 greenhouses (one still in use as a greenhouse), some very healthy corn, some squash, cucumbers, tomatoes and what also look like beans. Some cold frames, trellises and raised beds and a variety of pots, pest fencing, bamboo stakes, etc.

I hope it was his wife's garden and not his. Maybe it sounds weird but serial killers don't deserve to also have a green thumb and a thriving garden.

jmo
Agreed.
Just hoping that vegetables and flowers are all that is planted there...<shiver>

Someone found him on google streetview.

Ogre was definitely a great descriptor
View attachment 434923
13 years or not, IMO, this eyewitness identification that will be reiterated at trial, will carry weight with the jury simply because this man stands out and is so imposing. Opinion/speculation only

I don't believe a connection was "ruled out" - that's pretty impossible to do unless you have forensics that don't match.
The Suffolk County police stated they didn't believe the Atlantic City serial killer cases and Long Island serial killer cases were connected.
This was almost ten years ago though.
the quote from police commissioner Richard Dormer was:

"The indications that we have right now is there's no connection between the Atlantic City and Suffolk County case"

The Atlantic City cases ('Eastbound Strangler") likely did not yield much forensic evidence as the bodies were dumped in the canal and washed up. Those cases are SO cold at this point. The only evidence they could probably hope to get is from a fresh tip, or if they get lucky and uncover evidence while investigating another crime.
My opinion only, Suffolk County administration was all kinds of messed up at that time, and there's debate over how clean their hands are now. I don't put much my count on anything that was said back then. OMOO

Being more visual, I need to study what I see. Still wondering if he wears a wig. Just looks odd on that one side where I put red dots. As an astute member here pointed out, sometimes it's straight other times curly.View attachment 434905 ...View attachment 434906 None of his hair was left at the scenes, just his wife's?

MOO, he is so full of himself in this video. He has the nerve to brag he knows all about old city codes, etc., and he keeps his house like a dump. This is from the interview Just my own perception as I study this monster. Wears a wedding band. He does use his hands a lot to express himself. His fingers are slender and his hands looks more delicate than to be on his lumbering big body. Pics of his hands from the video interview.
View attachment 434908View attachment 434902
View attachment 434899View attachment 434900

The picture of the belt here was very helpful to see, so bringing it forward.

View attachment 434903
Someone posted this on another board....WH could have been the initials...his grandfather was named William H... from Ancestry.com

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230715-175238.png
    Screenshot_20230715-175238.png
    198.9 KB · Views: 32
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics