Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I started re-watching Killing Season on A&E last night - also on here at: #1

I was curious to see how close the people interviewed in it were. I fell asleep right b4 the end of episode 1 but they were pretty on point imo. For anyone who hasn't seen it,I highly recommend it. They did an excellent job. I am going to pick it up again now.

Looks like they took his electronics. Computers?

Does anyone here who has been following this here on WebSleuths for a long time remember a post back in the day of a sex worker that told of a close call she had with a john.....she stated she was in a hotel and received a call to go outside...or to the garage ...and meet the client who was going to pick her up. She walked over to the car and somehow was able to see the shadow of him inside the car crouching down in a scary position as if to assault her....she got a really bad vibe so she left instead. I would love to find that post and see if she descibed the vehicle. I thought I saved it but can't find it. Ty!

Being more visual, I need to study what I see. Still wondering if he wears a wig. Just looks odd on that one side where I put red dots. As an astute member here pointed out, sometimes it's straight other times curly.1689454582809.png ...1689454722705.png None of his hair was left at the scenes, just his wife's?

MOO, he is so full of himself in this video. He has the nerve to brag he knows all about old city codes, etc., and he keeps his house like a dump. This is from the interview Just my own perception as I study this monster. Wears a wedding band. He does use his hands a lot to express himself. His fingers are slender and his hands looks more delicate than to be on his lumbering big body. Pics of his hands from the video interview.
1689455156840.png1689453368342.png
1689452821169.png1689452954469.png

The picture of the belt here was very helpful to see, so bringing it forward.

1689453997121.png

Does anyone here who has been following this here on WebSleuths for a long time remember a post back in the day of a sex worker that told of a close call she had with a john.....she stated she was in a hotel and received a call to go outside...or to the garage ...and meet the client who was going to pick her up. She walked over to the car and somehow was able to see the shadow of him inside the car crouching down in a scary position as if to assault her....she got a really bad vibe so she left instead. I would love to find that post and see if she descibed the vehicle. I thought I saved it but can't find it. Ty!
There have been so many threads, so many posts but what you ask does sound vaguely familiar.

If as the wife you really had no inkling of this “side” of your husband - I think you would think it’s a terrible case of mistaken identity or an error in the lab, mistaken pings etc. The fact that you were married to a guy like this and bore his child etc while being unaware of his very depraved dark side will take more than one lifetime for her to process. So yes I can understand why she was in court. My heart breaks for her son who I believe lives with them and also for their daughter who works with the monster. I imagine the daughter was learning the business to take over when Rex retired.
Some of these guys are very good at compartmentalizing.
I have to add that just from looking at the booking photo I don’t find him frightening looking or menacing. I need to watch the video. His size is certainly imposing but my first thought was gentle giant. Weird huh? Maybe I have seen too many Shrek movies because imo from all the evidence they have no question he is a terrible depraved sadistic killer. JMO
Yes, some are very good at "compartmentalizing" but there's ALWAYS a crack somewhere. ALWAYS.
I looked at his photo. His eyes are dead.

Omg me too! I wouldn’t show up in court for a lot less than that, even if they told me they were innocent.
I’m a pretty empathetic person but I don’t see how blasting myself on the news supporting my (alleged) murderer partner helps anyone. I think I would just hide away and cry, freaking out.
It doesn’t translate to a testament of love and trust, it appears like a victim of gaslighting and coercive control. Jmo
That said, I feel so sorry for his wife and daughter.
maybe she/wives in general want to hear the evidence for themselves and it’s not necessarily a sign of support…the desire for information has to be immense …jmo

agree they could be linked. The Atlantic City murders happened over 5 weeks in 2006, making it a spree serial killer. The Gilgo Beach victims he's being charged with disappeared over the course of a year from summer 2009 - summer 2010, which could be a second spree.

When LE released what his web searches were etc, they only released what they have pertaining to the cases they are charging him with now. And they're charging the cases they have DNA evidence for, and other corroborating evidence.

If there are other cases they suspect are tied to him on Long Island, Atlantic City or elsewhere, they're keeping any evidence close to the vest for now. They can use this in a plea deal.
What would the plea deal be? I can't imagine that anything but life WO would be acceptable to victims' families and friends. Since NY no longer has the death penalty, there's not a lot of leverage that I can think of. What are your thoughts in terms of a deal? TIA

I have a hard time imagining that a massive 6-foot-6-inch guy like RH would be able to crouch down in any vehicle to try to hide himself--unless it was a van or enormous SUV. Could the person have been crouching outside the vehicle (between parked cars?) waiting for her to come closer?

Curious how they caption the pic of the back yard as being "run down" when it's actually a very active garden.

It makes me wonder who the gardener is in the family, since I see 2 greenhouses (one still in use as a greenhouse), some very healthy corn, some squash, cucumbers, tomatoes and what also look like beans. Some cold frames, trellises and raised beds and a variety of pots, pest fencing, bamboo stakes, etc.

I hope it was his wife's garden and not his. Maybe it sounds weird but serial killers don't deserve to also have a green thumb and a thriving garden.

jmo
I agree. As un-maintained as the front of the house looks, the garden stuff in the backyard looks rather normal for someone into gardening. I am also hoping the wife was the gardener and nothing yucky happened back there. Time will tell.

jmo

Being careful not to Dox myself any further but I want to comment on observations of the state of peoples houses and their careers. Especially architects and engineers. The state of his house is curious because of what he does but I'm not shocked. I've seen it before and it's always curious to me. Here it almost makes sense because we know he's a killer and so we also know something isn't right in that mans head. I'll say it again... I want to know where all the money is going if not to taxes, a large staff at the firm, and home repairs.

His mugshot struck me immediately.

Bloated face (has the look of a drinker)

Beady mean looking eyes

An air of self importance and grandiosity.

Can’t put my finger on it but there’s a glowering expression of “ya I did it and I’m proud of it”.

He’s a large, imposing, beast of a man. Those poor women didn’t stand a chance. I can’t bear to think of what they endured.

He’s evil to the core.

MOO

[snipped by me]

I'm not sure if the hair is natural or a wig but I do think the bail filing yesterday referenced a hair found on one of the victims that was a match to him via the pizza. A few of us discussed this belt at length yesterday. This is so distinctive. Unless this was somewhere in a box or in an attic or basement, etc. where the wife wouldn't even know of its existence, we really do not know how this wife remained in the dark until yesterday. MOO Fmr. Police Chief Geraldine Hart held a press conference and had a huge blow up of this showing the initials both ways (as WH and upside down as HM). Police reveal 'significant' evidence in unsolved Gilgo Beach serial killer case

This was all over local news. It's hard to believe she didn't see at least one report (MOO). So, maybe she didn't know of the belt's existence so was none the wiser or, maybe she blocked out what she saw. This belt for me, these markings are distinct. If I saw it even once on a relative, friend, whatever, I would remember this and I would recognize it.

Geraldine Hart did this press conference in January 2020, hoping someone, anyone, would come forward. From this link "[Hart] would not say the size of the belt, where exactly it was found at the crime scene and declined to say whether DNA had been found on it." <-- I'm sure LE has so much more than we know.

Last edited:
Being careful not to Dox myself any further but I want to comment on observations of the state of peoples houses and their careers. Especially architects and engineers. The state of his house is curious because of what he does but I'm not shocked. I've seen it before and it's always curious to me. Here it almost makes sense because we know he's a killer and so we also know something isn't right in that mans head. I'll say it again... I want to know where all the money is going if not to taxes, a large staff at the firm, and home repairs.
I had a cop friend tell me once, when money goes missing and there's nothing to show for it, it's almost always habit.
Drugs, *advertiser censored*, gambling, etc. As I've followed true crime over the decades, that's accurate a good majority of the time.

jmo

Curious how they caption the pic of the back yard as being "run down" when it's actually a very active garden.

It makes me wonder who the gardener is in the family, since I see 2 greenhouses (one still in use as a greenhouse), some very healthy corn, some squash, cucumbers, tomatoes and what also look like beans. Some cold frames, trellises and raised beds and a variety of pots, pest fencing, bamboo stakes, etc.

I hope it was his wife's garden and not his. Maybe it sounds weird but serial killers don't deserve to also have a green thumb and a thriving garden.

jmo
I agree. Someone's a gardener and probably composts. Looks like they're into growing food.

1689456020753.png
1689456087993.png
g61118.gif

What's down in that cellar?
1689456435309.png
1689456545955.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online