Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the subject of hunting coming up, Long Island is one of the most populated places in the US, what other areas of the world consider rural vs what Long Island rural is vastly different. There are 1.5 million people in Suffolk County alone. Hunting is EXTREMELY monitored due to proximity to houses etc. Specific designated areas. Areas like Jones Beach Park protected by the National Parks Service

With the subject of hunting coming up, Long Island is one of the most populated places in the US, what other areas of the world consider rural vs what Long Island rural is vastly different. There are 1.5 million people in Suffolk County alone. Hunting is EXTREMELY monitored due to proximity to houses etc. Specific designated areas. Areas like Jones Beach Park protected by the National Parks Service
I’m born and raised and still reside on LI. I’ve never hunted but I know many people through the years who do and not one of them that I know of has ever done it on LI, they all go upstate or out of state. I live within minutes of two gun clubs (northern Nassau) and as far as I know, it’s mainly skeet shooting/clay pigeons that is used. I think maybe years and years ago people would duck hunt up here but I don’t think it’s something anyone does anymore, at least not in this area.

No one is hunting in that area like that. Its hard to get a permit. Duck season is in December. Temps in the area with windchill can be below zero. If you look below at the hunting areas for Long island, at the bottom left, the "babylon marsh" is the only place you can hunt near the bodies. they give out a VERY small number of permits a year. There isn't a big gun/hunting culture around here. This isn't the middle of PA where hunting season is a big deal. If anything manorville is at the center of hunting on long island. I have yet to see concrete evidence or reporting that he was a duck hunter.

View attachment 435817
I hear ya. But he could be "hunting" as in LOOKING like a hunter for a short amount of time but not actually hunting.

But, I really do think he drove.

jmo

Did RH also use services of sex workers when his family wasn't out of town? If yes, why did he only murder (in the cases that we know of) when they were away? Could that indicate that he brought his victims to his home? It would have been easier to pick up his wife's hair there.

I’m born and raised and still reside on LI. I’ve never hunted but I know many people through the years who do and not one of them that I know of has ever done it on LI, they all go upstate or out of state. I live within minutes of two gun clubs (northern Nassau) and as far as I know, it’s mainly skeet shooting/clay pigeons that is used. I think maybe years and years ago people would duck hunt up here but I don’t think it’s something anyone does anymore, at least not in this area.
Born and raised on LI too and yes always “upstate” for hunting

Thank you for this article. It says he has a missing left front tooth. I find this slightly unusual since he was in the consulting business and might have to meet new clients and pitch his services. I wonder if one of his victims kicked him in the teeth.
Maybe it was temporary while he was going through an implant process. It's really awkward when you are going through a 6 month implant process to replace a front tooth.

details starting to leak..
Snipped & BBM:

"The suspected Gilgo Beach serial killer Rex Heuermann kept a torn, stained shirt and handcuff keys in a workshop at his Long Island home, DailyMail.com can exclusively reveal.

A fleet of forensic investigators are combing through the 59-year-old architect's 'dungeon-like' Massapequa Park home for a sixth day.

DailyMail.com spotted one investigator carrying a note listing some of the evidence found inside. Among the items on the list were a rope kept in a vault, a torn man's shirt with a stain in a bag and handcuff keys in a shelf underneath a work bench."

Transcription of the notes:

(6) Torn man's shirt (size of [triangle]) w/ stain in bag, in closet, in workshop

(7) Keys + handcuff keys in drawer of shelf under workbench, in workshop

Basement Top 10
(1) Ropes in vault
Ropes in shop

(2) Floor tile w/ QS on shelf in workshop

That top video is especially interesting. Thanks! RH is a nasty ogre. They showed his arrest but the officers didn't throw him to the ground. He cooperated. I hope those handcuffs were real tight.

Internet sleuths found an image of Rex over on 36th Street near his office on Google Earth street view. Yay us!!!

SS source dotr's first video
View attachment 435492
pardon my ignorance. were the Gilgo 4 dismembered? I know the earlier ones were, but i didnt think they had been.

I'm not saying I don't think he never hunted just not often. Hunting is physically demanding. He doesn't look active. Plus Just that its not really popular around here, especially in that area. Only legal in the winter and doesn't look like something he did often. If he was an avid hunter would have been some taxidermy or deer heads being taken out his home. I think we are placing too much emphasis on the "duck hunter" theory. I'm big into firearms and such and many many of my friends are too and I don't know a single person that's hunted there. they give out like 7 permits a year for babylon marsh. I don't know many people who even fish in that area. the better fishing areas are east of Gilgo Beach.
"Duck hunting" could have been his "cover story". That way, he had a reason for owning the burlap, the guns, being out in the desolate areas (scouting for when the season opened). Perhaps he just told people he enjoyed duck hunting as that image was useful for him.

It just appears to me to be someone who wants to be "trending", IMO. Big ole eye roll from me on this one.
Article says that they are keeping him under suicide watch.
it’s pretty standard protocol to do this with a high profile case, New York Post is making that fact seem more nefarious than it really is

"Duck hunting" could have been his "cover story". That way, he had a reason for owning the burlap, the guns, being out in the desolate areas (scouting for when the season opened). Perhaps he just told people he enjoyed duck hunting as that image was useful for him.
This is possible, but if he were to say that to anyone that knows the area well I would have called him out right away. Something like "dude where the F#@* are you hunting around there". He could on the other hand fool city dwellers with that line.

Snipped & BBM:

"The suspected Gilgo Beach serial killer Rex Heuermann kept a torn, stained shirt and handcuff keys in a workshop at his Long Island home, DailyMail.com can exclusively reveal.

A fleet of forensic investigators are combing through the 59-year-old architect's 'dungeon-like' Massapequa Park home for a sixth day.

DailyMail.com spotted one investigator carrying a note listing some of the evidence found inside. Among the items on the list were a rope kept in a vault, a torn man's shirt with a stain in a bag and handcuff keys in a shelf underneath a work bench."

Transcription of the notes:

(6) Torn man's shirt (size of [triangle]) w/ stain in bag, in closet, in workshop

(7) Keys + handcuff keys in drawer of shelf under workbench, in workshop

Basement Top 10
(1) Ropes in vault
Ropes in shop

(2) Floor tile w/ QS on shelf in workshop
Anyone know if QS = questionable stain(s)?

That's what I figure too, since the cat was only removed today on what? the 4th day of searches?

I hope poor kitty is now happily reunited with its hoomans. It's been a rough few days.

Damn that RH. He causes suffering, even down to his family's cat.
That's what I figure too, since the cat was only removed today on what? the 4th day of searches?

I hope poor kitty is now happily reunited with its hoomans. It's been a rough few days.

Damn that RH. He causes suffering, even down to his family's cat.
I’m wondering why the police would take the cat and cat food…thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clm79