Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“I don't know if I would call it a no mans land. All of his offices are within eye or earshot of where the Macy's Day parade is held”

Someone else in the house in Massapequa Park worked at that Macy’s.

His office is close to Penn Station, where he would catch the train to Long Island.
Some of his former colleagues have given interviews where they mention he has driven them home. We know he worked on buildings in the Bronx and out in Brooklyn (not sure about Queens) and its reasonable to assume he spent days working "out in the field" and didn't necessarily have to go into Manhattan and to the office. Those days it's likely that he drove.

Some of his former colleagues have given interviews where they mention he has driven them home. We know he worked on buildings in the Bronx and out in Brooklyn (not sure about Queens) and its reasonable to assume he spent days working "out in the field" and didn't necessarily have to go into Manhattan and to the office. Those days it's likely that he drove.
He had work in Staten Island too. All five boroughs.

jmo

The local paper in Chester County, SC -- the News & Reporter -- has obtained a copy of the search warrant for RH's brother's property. Apparently the warrant gave LE the right to seize "devices utilized to stamp letters onto leather goods," knives, cutting instruments, and "Bounty paper towels specifically from the Bounty Modern Print Collection" (I wonder what the significance of the paper towels is):

The warrant listed a dark green 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche as a "person, place or thing" to be searched. The truck is registered to Rex's brother Craig Heuermann of Rippling Brooke Drive, Chester and was subsequently removed from the property. The warrant states that the truck is believed to have "contraband, evidence or instrumentalities regarding the charge of...murder in the first degree (New York State), murder in the second degree (New York State), patronizing a person for prostitution in the third degree (New York State) and conspiracy to commit said offenses." The vehicle, once obtained, was to be transported to Suffolk County, NY and searched forensically. Authorities began surveillance of the Rippling Brooke Drive location at 10:50 p.m. on July 13 (shortly after Rex Heuermann was arrested in New York) and the warrant said authorities knew the vehicle was present at the location, with state and federal authorities aiding the Chester County Sheriff's Office in taking custody of it. The truck is listed as having been taken into custody.

Under "property sought" on the warrant, authorities put a lengthy list of items, many of which are listed as "trophies" which are personal items belonging to murder victims. That was to include their phones, articles of clothing, jewelry, identification, notebooks, ledgers, Bibles, personal effects and or photographs or recordings depicting the victims. Also sought were forensic and/or trace evidence, including DNA obtainable through fingernails, toenails, animal hair or fur, human hair and human skin fibers, bodily fluids as well as any latent fingerprints and palm prints. These things can be found on "furniture, mattresses, carpets, rugs, flooring, animal cages, crates, litters, playpens, beds, towers, steps (or) clothing." Electronic devices or computers in all their forms are listed on the warrant, along with any records, whether they be physical or electronic in nature. Other property sought is "any documents relating to the recent occupation/renting/tenancy/purchasing of known instrumentalities utilized in the designated offenses."

This could include mail, bills or other similarly situated documents. Broadly, the warrant also mentions "any of the known instrumentalities involved in the commission of the designated offenses including...burlap (the remains of at least one of Heuermann's alleged victims was discovered wrapped in burlap), camouflage burlap fabric, 'jute-like' fabric, hunting blinds, restraints, belts, textile yarns, polyester fibers, cotton fibers," or any variety of tape. Other "trophy" items are listed separately, including condoms, cut distal ends of black leather belts, devices utilized to stamp letters onto leather goods, knives, scissors, cutting implements and "Bounty paper towels specifically from the Bounty Modern Print Collection." Firearms, magazines, cases, ammunition, bullet fragments and shell casings were listed as we "locked rooms, storage areas, vaults, cabinets, safes, closets, containers (including strong boxes, desks, drawers, suitcases, briefcases, boxes, hidden compartments or other such enclosures where items can be kept, hidden or secreted."

The warrant was signed on Friday.

Thank you for posting this.

I had read earlier that his brother had a "no warrant/no entry" sign on his property. (Or on a joint property of the Heuermann brothers? The articles are a little unclear.)

Ironic now, I think.

Imo.

"Ominous words like “no warrant - no entry” and “no trespassing” signs on a gate at the entrance of the property owned partially by the suspect make it clear to everyone who sees it that they’re not welcome here."

I don't know if I would call it a no mans land. All of his offices are within eye or earshot of where the Macy's Day parade is held. I worked on 5th a few blocks down from his office for years. The only area I would avoid was Broadway between 27th - 30th because I would get harassed by the men standing outside the wholesale shops. The area is never empty day or night and Koreatown has been one of the biggest nightlife spots in the entire city for upwards of 20+ years. Lots of Karaoke and trendy restaurants. Lots of limos with bachelor, bachelorette, and birthday parties. There are lots of places I could see being referred to as no mans land in Manhattan but the area around his offices not so much.

You're correct about the methadone clinic by Penn/Madison Square Garden. This is a personal anecdote but hopefully conveys the vibe in the area. In 2020 I passed a woman who looked rough outside of Penn. She was talking but was not verbally responsive to questions. Streams of people were passing her - including the NYPD standing about 20 feet away. I alerted them that something was wrong and they just repositioned themselves closer and stared at her. They assured me they had it handled. When I passed by again about an hour later she was just laying there, dead. With swarms of tourists walking into and out of Macy's and commuters heading in and out of Penn. She's now #UP70309 in Namus.

Mannhattan is a weird place - what is considered no mans land to one person is another persons nightlife or shopping spot. FiDi would be my no mans land but tech bros love it!
“I don't know if I would call it a no mans land. All of his offices are within eye or earshot of where the Macy's Day parade is held”

Someone else in the house in Massapequa Park worked at that Macy’s.
I meant more towards lower 30s

In my opinion it seems like it. The "springfieldman" screen name IMO is related to the Springfield 1903 rifle which many collectors love. It was the US armies standard issue rifle from 1903 to 1936. I always saw pictures of what looked like a Mosin Nagant rifle which was the main rifle of the Russian empire then later soviet union during ww1 and ww2. In another photo I saw its replacement rifle the SKS rifle which was quickly replaced by the AK47 in 1948. None of these rifles are produced new, they ceased production decades ago, and are known as Mil-Surp (military surplus) in the gun world. If you walked into a gun store and asked for a good hunting rifle they are not going to hand you any of these. you would have to recognize them on the wall or ask for them specifically. It could all be a coincidence since it looks like he horded 200 other guns. But My opinion is that he is into, or at least aware of military history.
As a firearms collector, he may also have modern Springfield Armory pistols, which are popular in the traditional 1911 design. He may have one or more in 9mm, which might account for "SpringfieldMan9."

The local paper in Chester County, SC -- the News & Reporter -- has obtained a copy of the search warrant for RH's brother's property. Apparently the warrant gave LE the right to seize "devices utilized to stamp letters onto leather goods," knives, cutting instruments, and "Bounty paper towels specifically from the Bounty Modern Print Collection" (I wonder what the significance of the paper towels is):

The warrant listed a dark green 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche as a "person, place or thing" to be searched. The truck is registered to Rex's brother Craig Heuermann of Rippling Brooke Drive, Chester and was subsequently removed from the property. The warrant states that the truck is believed to have "contraband, evidence or instrumentalities regarding the charge of...murder in the first degree (New York State), murder in the second degree (New York State), patronizing a person for prostitution in the third degree (New York State) and conspiracy to commit said offenses." The vehicle, once obtained, was to be transported to Suffolk County, NY and searched forensically. Authorities began surveillance of the Rippling Brooke Drive location at 10:50 p.m. on July 13 (shortly after Rex Heuermann was arrested in New York) and the warrant said authorities knew the vehicle was present at the location, with state and federal authorities aiding the Chester County Sheriff's Office in taking custody of it. The truck is listed as having been taken into custody.

Under "property sought" on the warrant, authorities put a lengthy list of items, many of which are listed as "trophies" which are personal items belonging to murder victims. That was to include their phones, articles of clothing, jewelry, identification, notebooks, ledgers, Bibles, personal effects and or photographs or recordings depicting the victims. Also sought were forensic and/or trace evidence, including DNA obtainable through fingernails, toenails, animal hair or fur, human hair and human skin fibers, bodily fluids as well as any latent fingerprints and palm prints. These things can be found on "furniture, mattresses, carpets, rugs, flooring, animal cages, crates, litters, playpens, beds, towers, steps (or) clothing." Electronic devices or computers in all their forms are listed on the warrant, along with any records, whether they be physical or electronic in nature. Other property sought is "any documents relating to the recent occupation/renting/tenancy/purchasing of known instrumentalities utilized in the designated offenses."

This could include mail, bills or other similarly situated documents. Broadly, the warrant also mentions "any of the known instrumentalities involved in the commission of the designated offenses including...burlap (the remains of at least one of Heuermann's alleged victims was discovered wrapped in burlap), camouflage burlap fabric, 'jute-like' fabric, hunting blinds, restraints, belts, textile yarns, polyester fibers, cotton fibers," or any variety of tape. Other "trophy" items are listed separately, including condoms, cut distal ends of black leather belts, devices utilized to stamp letters onto leather goods, knives, scissors, cutting implements and "Bounty paper towels specifically from the Bounty Modern Print Collection." Firearms, magazines, cases, ammunition, bullet fragments and shell casings were listed as we "locked rooms, storage areas, vaults, cabinets, safes, closets, containers (including strong boxes, desks, drawers, suitcases, briefcases, boxes, hidden compartments or other such enclosures where items can be kept, hidden or secreted."

The warrant was signed on Friday.
This whole thing is creeping me out, but the specificity of the Bounty paper towels is to me the creepiest.

This whole thing is creeping me out, but the specificity of the Bounty paper towels is to me the creepiest.

Agree.

And I am thinking the marketing department of Bounty never foresaw something like this.

I wonder if they can test (dna? fiber?) to determine if a single paper towel came from a particular roll or lot?

Moo.

I went through all of the photos and articles I could find about the searches which have been conducted since RH's arrest and compiled a list of the items seized so far (ETA: items listed in bold are items I think are noteworthy and/or have not been discussed here previously):

- Black Chevy Avalanche (Friday, July 14)
- Cooler (Friday, July 14)
- Black leather chair/ottoman with wooden legs (Friday, July 14)
- Box containing miscellaneous items including an open pack of red Solo cups and what appears to be a bag of cat treats (Saturday, July 15)
- Copy machine, seized from RH's office in Midtown Manhattan (Saturday, July 15)
- Large item wrapped in gray plastic and sealed with red evidence tape (Saturday, July 15)
- Wood panel (Saturday, July 15)
- Large black metal filing cabinet (Saturday, July 15)
- Plastic bag containing miscellaneous items, including an empty box of cough syrup and a small gum ball machine (Saturday, July 15)
- Stack of books (Saturday, July 15)
- Carved wooden glass-front case containing a blond-haired doll (Saturday, July 15)
- Cat scratch pole and food (Saturday, July 15)
- Bag of miscellaneous items, including a Nespresso box and what appears to be a stuffed animal (Saturday, July 15)
- Framed photo of a fighter jet (Saturday, July 15)
- Bag of what appears to be toys and stuffed animals (Sunday, July 16)
- Box containing some type of wooden object (Sunday, July 16)
- Bin containing rifles (Sunday, July 16)
- Box containing what appears to be electronics (Sunday, July 16)
- Torn-open recliner chair (Sunday, July 16)
- Multiple rifles, including one with a scope (Sunday, July 16)
- Winchester rifle case (Monday, July 17)
- Playboy magazines (Monday, July 17)
- Film negatives (Monday, July 17)
- Poster of the TV show "M.A.S.H." (Monday, July 17)
- Metal rifle case, nondescript (Monday, July 17)
- Camouflage fabric rifle case (Monday, July 17)
- Antique firearm case (Monday, July 17)
- Unframed painting of a blond-haired woman with dark pupils and bruising underneath the eye (Monday, July 17)
- Honey-colored wooden chest of drawers (Monday, July 17)
- Stack of manila envelopes, presumably containing evidence, one with "#b2" written on it (Tuesday, July 18)
- Pet cat (Tuesday, July 18)
- Framed "Lichtenstein: The Princely Collection" art poster (Tuesday, July 18)
- Red lifejacket (Tuesday, July 18)
- Miscellaneous papers and newspaper clippings (Tuesday, July 18)
- Old Playboy magazines (Tuesday, July 18)
- Red electric guitar with embroidered blue strap (Tuesday, July 18)
- Box of items including what appears to be a grenade (Tuesday, July 18)
- Stack of magazines and a sample price list for weapons (Tuesday, July 18)
- Dell computer tower (Tuesday, July 18)
- Large empty carved picture frame (Tuesday, July 18)
- Piece of wood, possibly a vinyl wood table top (Tuesday, July 18)
- Mirror with blue frame (Tuesday, July 18)
- Large item with red fabric, possibly a hammock or umbrella (Tuesday, July 18)
The large rectangular object, wrapped in gray fabric, looked like a mattress, to me.

For those of us w/out twitter, can someone post what the tweet says? thnx so much
@alcaprari23
·
Right now at #RexHeuermann's home, police are beginning to reposition their vehicles, I believe in an attempt to obstruct our view. It tells me they have found something big and have been waiting to bring it out. I asked a detective, he told me, "no comment."

Attachments

• IMG_0258.jpeg
    IMG_0258.jpeg
    647.4 KB · Views: 14
For those of us w/out twitter, can someone post what the tweet says? thnx so much

Tweet
See new Tweets
Conversation
Alex Caprariello
@alcaprari23
Right now at #RexHeuermann's home, police are beginning to reposition their vehicles, I believe in an attempt to obstruct our view. It tells me they have found something big and have been waiting to bring it out. I asked a detective, he told me, "no comment." #LISK

@alcaprari23
·
Right now at #RexHeuermann's home, police are beginning to reposition their vehicles, I believe in an attempt to obstruct our view. It tells me they have found something big and have been waiting to bring it out. I asked a detective, he told me, "no comment."
Tweet
See new Tweets
Conversation
Alex Caprariello
@alcaprari23
Right now at #RexHeuermann's home, police are beginning to reposition their vehicles, I believe in an attempt to obstruct our view. It tells me they have found something big and have been waiting to bring it out. I asked a detective, he told me, "no comment." #LISK
thnx @sds71 & @vls12345

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member