Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasnt the coroner or medical examiner accused of being the LISK killer in the documentary? I wonder if he will be interviewed

Agreed re: RH's NY property.

I believe @x_files was referring to RH's brother's propery in SC (as well as RH's SC properties).
Oh, right, that's what I get for posting before the coffee's kicked in.

I think the properties in SC are going to be gone over with a fine toothed comb, too. Grid search with cadaver dogs at bare minimum for the plots he bought in recent years.

MOO

I don’t understand the political turn this is taking in the thread. NONE of his clients knew what he had done when they hired him. This is pointless side chatter in my opinion.

Respectfully, it’s not like it’s dominating the conversation. MOO, I doubt people care that much, at least not in the last few pages of this thread.

As of this edit, this page has more posts trying to make people stop talking about it than there are posts of people actually talking about it. :)

He's been connected to that house his whole life, and he has carpentry skills. I wouldn't be surprised if they strip it down to the studs. Maybe not quite as comprehensively as they took apart Gacy's house - a lot of that was to give them access to the remains in the crawl space - but they're going to be looking in walls and under flooring. This guy had a deep connection to his home, and strikes me as the sort who'd hide things in the fabric of the building itself. Just knowing they were there would give him a thrill, even if he couldn't see or touch them. Since he's such a packrat, I hope he kept something from every single person who had the misfortune to come across him. Not just Melissa, Amber, Megan and Maureen, but others found on or around Gilgo, others we don't even know about who were found elsewhere or maybe never found. (For example, I strongly believe Jamie Seymour fits his preferred victim profile in every way.) I hope he kept everything, and that they're able to use it to bury him.

Since someone who lived there is also obviously a gardener, I definitely think we're going to see them digging at some point before they wind up their search of the property.

MOO
Do we know if he lived there alone before he married his current wife? Apologies if this has been discussed. I've only peripherally looked at this case recently since he was arrested.

Oh boy. I'm with you.
I'm not implying he was a member who posted here but... I bet it was reeeeally difficult for him to read and not reply.
Judging from his convo with the former SW, I’d say he could barely contain his need to discuss. He seemed proud of his story. Probably made the creep seem special finally.

I’m so thrilled his wife filed for divorce so quickly. I cannot imagine what kind of life she has endured with him all these years. I get the feeling they lived vastly different lives even though they were under the same roof. Her and the children were victims too. I hope the media gives them their time and space. I pray they can find peace and normalcy in their futures, although it’s going to be a long and difficult road for them. I cannot even begin to fathom what they are dealing with.

I also really, really feel for his wife and daughter, as their entire lives are being dismantled and removed. Many of those possessions probably have nothing to do with him or what he did, so now their lives, hobbies, interests, etc., are on display. Were they even able to enter the home initially to get any clothes or personal items they may need to continue to function? I just cannot imagine having to leave my computer, which holds my business files and software, my personal items and so on. I realize LE has to treat everything in the home as a potential data mine but I feel for anyone innocent caught up in his horror and how it affects them aside from the obvious emotional aspect. How do you start over if they've blocked access to your own possessions and does insurance even cover the replacement of such in these cases???

I think that one of the most telling things about RH uncovered in the infantile stages of this investigations is how he obsessively holds on to things.

Aside from being an apparent packrat (evidenced by his crowded house of belongings), holding onto his grandfather's WH belt, the appearance of his childhood house which was stated he was trying to preserve as it was the way his parents were alive and not keep up or change or even renovate, and reports of his car that was messy and filled with papers and junk - the most telling in my opinion is the first generation Forest Green Chevy Avalanche. I mean he used this car to pickup Amber (it was identified by her roommate Dave) and most likely used to pick up the other girls as well and then sadly transport their bodies to Ocean Parkway. It would be riddled with their DNA. It should have been his biggest worry being parked outside of his house - yet he doesn't get rid of it or ditch or sink it or burn it. He sells it to his brother down in SC. Keeps a tie to it, even though he knows it could be incriminating one day. It represents attachment to these girls, his trophies, his victories, that Forest Green Avalanche is something that represented fond memories that he simply refused to part with even if someday it comes back to haunt him. More so, he then has the gaul to replace that first generation Forest Green Chevy Avalanche with a new black Avalanche - probably for all the same reasons and associations. This new Avalanche was vital to the investigator in term of narrowing him down IMO. They knew the killer drove an Avalanche years and years ago as it was identified by Schaller (Ambers roommate who also gave the crucial 'Ogre-like' description), they had cell tower pings from midtown Manhattan and Massapequa, and they knew he was Ogre-like. A simple car search for Chevy Avalanches registered to Massapequa address in 2007-2009 or even currently was the break in the case, then getting a visual on him and seeing his size and sort of lumbering body type - Ogre, boom. Dig deeper, he works in Manhattan a few blocks from the other cell tower pings. Dig deeper, his wife is out of town at time of murders. Collect His DNA from a garbage pail in NYC, and collect his wife’s DNA from bottles left in their recycling bin, and it’s case closed. It all starts with the Avalanche though, the cell tower pings in NYC and Massapequa were previously known about for years and even public knowledge - but not enough to go on or narrow anyone down but the Avalanche info revisited by the Task Force was what lead them to that house, and be seen as Ogre-like, to be uncovered as a commuter that worked near the NYC cell tower pings. What could have initially been a cursory PO drive by the house as someone in a larger group of people who owned a Avalanche and lived near the Massapequa cell tower quickly snowballed and snowballed and having a new Avalanche in the driveway might have put him on top of the list to dig deeper with.

If he held onto the Avalanche; the single most incriminating, DNA holding, and easily identified object from his killing days, he held onto more than just the memories of those four girls. There has to be some of the missing possessions from the Gilgo 4 girls in that house. Not in storage, not in his office, not in his car - but in that house and probably close to wear he puts his head down to rest at night. This was obsession. Just like other addicts that can't cut ties with things like drugs or alcohol or gambling that they know are damning, the Avalanche represents that for Rex Andrew Heuermann and I'm sure there's more. More mementos from the victims, more clusters of burial sites (his trophy cases), more evil incarnate.
Agreed! Absolutely. Hoarding is related to OCD. (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)

There's no way he wasn't aware of The Killing Season, and not only does it mention Websleuths and have a bunch of people from it on the show, but at the end of every episode, it encourages viewers to join WS to help solve the case. He knew about this place, even if he never posted. With his obsessive interest in the case, how could he not?

MOO

I had the same thought when I started re watching last night and saw the part about WS at the beginning of the first episode. Given how his search history shows he had a special interest in the case I don’t doubt he watched The Killing Season and before the first episode was even over put ‘Websleuths’ into his search bar.

His comment about ‘Is it on the news?’ Shows he is interested in what everyone is saying about him, I’m sure he has had that interest for years. People like RH who ‘know something we don’t’ and enjoy toying with others, like how he called victims family members to taunt them, will have been filled with adrenaline IMO reading the threads on here whilst knowing it was all about him, if power and control are his thing then creating an account on here will have given him a buzz too. It’s all part of him admiring ‘his work’ and reliving his crimes. It will have also fed his ego to read some of the theories that weren’t correct about who he could be or what type of person he could be, making him feel safe in the knowledge he was fooling people and was ‘good’ at what he did. Plus revelling in the knowledge that he’s got people from all over the world talking about him like he is an enigma, and some sort of legend.

By the sounds of his search history, his sick twisted sexual preferences could suggest a need to be in control, his apparent victim profile also suggests this. The gratification he likely felt towering above women some of whom were under 5ft and slightly built. His victims being sex workers could suggest another motive too. Sadism and domination. If he wanted to fulfil a need to feel powerful and have someone submit to him, a vulnerable young woman possibly with an addiction who needs money would IMO be exactly who he is looking for. The pure terror he would have made them feel may well have been the icing on the cake for him. His disgusting searches for CP also suggest that he could have been aroused by feeling in control of a person who is vulnerable.

Some killers choose sex workers as their victims because they feel less guilty after committing their crimes, especially men who think women are only useful for one thing. They may justify their evil acts to themselves by thinking ‘they were just (horrible word for sex workers)’ ‘they were asking for it’ ‘they were probably drug users who had no family who cared for them’ ‘they won’t be missed’ so on and so forth - all things that couldn’t be further from the truth, how loved their victims were and how valuable their life was.

I could go on all night about things I believe he may have felt over the years when reading/watching/hearing people talk about himself, the things that may have motivated him to commit these evil crimes and choose the victims he did. But I feel it has to be said that the victims in this case are as innocent as any other victim. People follow different paths and some suffer terrible tragedies in their lives that can lead them to a place that they would never have imagined they’d end up in. No matter how you earn your money, you should never ever end up dead and wrapped in burlap, or just left out in the cold, or dismembered or disposed of like you are worthless never to be found. It hurts my heart that these women ever had the misfortune of running into RH, they should have been able to perform a service and go home to their bed. He had absolutely no right to do what he did.

Watching The Killing Season with my 14 year old daughter who has inherited similar interests to myself. She started watching along with me about a year ago and is always asking me if I’ve heard of this case or that case. (Having these conversations helps me to instill in her how many very bad people can look and act completely normal aswell as encouraging her to always be vigilant in situations) I felt very proud to be a part of Websleuths, where we do not run the rumour mill, don’t sleuth anyone until they are named a suspect and show respect to victims and their families. I think Websleuths mention in The Killing Season as the best source of information about LISK was much deserved. If RH was wanting to read about what others were saying about his crimes, I think he would have came here even id he didn’t create an account I believe he will have lurked here at some point.

All MOO

Last edited:
The second and third frames look very suspect to me. IMOO, the second one looks like someone laying down, arms out a bit. The third one looks like someone laying in the fetal position.

It could just be my mind playing tricks on me considering where they were found and the surrounding circumstances, but my gut didn’t like those negatives the second I looked at them and that’s exactly what I thought as I saw them.
Definitely got a bad vibe from the negatives; but can't really say for sure what I see...

I had the same thought when I started re watching last night and saw the part about WS at the beginning of the first episode. Given how his search history shows he had a special interest in the case I don’t doubt he watched The Killing Season and before the first episode was even over put ‘Websleuths’ into his search bar.

His comment about ‘Is it on the news?’ Shows he is interested in what everyone is saying about him, I’m sure he has had that interest for years. People like RH who ‘know something we don’t’ and enjoy toying with others, like how he called victims family members to taunt them, will have been filled with adrenaline IMO reading the threads on here whilst knowing it was all about him, if power and control are his thing then creating an account on here will have given him a buzz too. It’s all part of him admiring ‘his work’ and reliving his crimes. It will have also fed his ego to read some of the theories that weren’t correct about who he could be or what type of person he could be, making him feel safe in the knowledge he was fooling people and was ‘good’ at what he did. Plus revelling in the knowledge that he’s got people from all over the world talking about him like he is an enigma, and some sort of legend.

By the sounds of his search history, his sick twisted sexual preferences could suggest a need to be in control, his apparent victim profile also suggests this. The gratification he likely felt towering above women some of whom were under 5ft and slightly built. His victims being sex workers could suggest another motive too. Sadism and domination. If he wanted a need to feel powerful and have someone submit to him, a vulnerable young woman possibly with an addiction who needs money would IMO be exactly who he is looking for. The pure terror he would have made them feel may well have been the icing on the cake for him. His disgusting searches for CP also suggest that he could have been aroused by feeling in control of a person who is vulnerable.

Some killers choose sex workers as their victims because they feel less guilty after committing their crimes, especially men who think women are only useful for one thing. They may justify their evil acts to themselves by thinking ‘they were just (horrible word for sex workers)’ ‘they were asking for it’ ‘they were probably drug users who had no family who cared for them’ ‘they won’t be missed’ so on and so forth - all things that couldn’t be further from the truth, how loved their victims were and how valuable their life was.

I could go on all night about things I believe he may have felt over the years when reading/watching/hearing people talk about himself, the things that may have motivated him to commit these evil crimes and choose the victims he did. But I feel it has to be said that the victims in this case are as innocent as any other victim. People follow different paths and some suffer terrible tragedies in their lives that can lead them to a place that they would never have imagined they’d end up in. No matter how you earn your money, you should never ever end up dead and wrapped in burlap, or just left out in the cold, or dismembered or disposed of like you are worthless never to be found. It hurts my heart that these women ever had the misfortune of running into RH, they should have been able to perform a service and go home to their bed. He had absolutely no right to do what he did.

Watching The Killing Season with my 14 year old daughter who has inherited similar interests to myself. She started watching along with me about a year ago and is always asking me if I’ve heard of this case or that case. (Having these conversations helps me to I’m still in her how many very bad people can look and act completely normal aswell as encouraging her to always be vigilant in situations) I felt very proud to be a part of Websleuths, where we do not run the rumour mill, don’t anyone until they are named a suspect and show respect to victims and their families. I think Websleuths mention in The Killing Season as the best source of information about LISK was much deserved. If RH was wanting to read about what others were saying about his crimes, I think he would have came here even id he didn’t create an account I believe he will have lurked here at some point.

All MOO
Fantastic post! My heart aches for these girls. When the news broke about his arrest, I pictured them in the heavens, hand in hand, smiling down that the day had finally come. They were daughters, sisters, granddaughters, some mothers and aunts. EVERYONE has worth and value and NO ONE deserves the awful fate that these victims met. Every time I see their faces, I want to hug each and every one of them. They were too young, they all had the potential to live such fulfilling lives and they were robbed of that.

I have been archiving everything LISK since 2010.

New sub-album i've begun but I am days behind in saving the info.

JUSTICE! Arrest For Gilgo Beach L.I.S.K. Victims:

The main Case Archive, since 2010 (971 files):

Sub-section, Shannan Gilbert (567 files):

Sub-section, Manorville (68files):

Sub-section, After 10 years, Will there be Justice? (141 files):

Please check it out. I've spent years building this Case Archive.

"When we told the wife, she was shocked, she was embarrassed. But there was a point where we showed her certain pictures and she said, ‘OK, it is what it is.'"

— Commissioner Rodney Harrison

I wonder about these "certain pictures".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vingigi