Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The video at this link contains the social media recording of the woman who was in a business networking group with RH. What I found very interesting is that she says that he brought up the subject of the LISK to her and stated that the guy had killed ten people.

Since he presumably had killed four of them, does that mean he was claiming responsibility for the others too? Or was he just blowing smoke?

Curiouser and curiouser.

Link: Gilgo Beach Murder Suspect Rex Heuermann’s Former Neighbors & Colleagues Speak Out | Access

“Rex Heuermann was a seasonal employee at Jones Beach State Park in [the] summer of 1981 and from 3/05/82 through 10/24/84,” the department said in a statement.

Jones Beach is near Gilgo Beach. Maybe a local can tell us some more info about the beaches.
Very interesting.
He surely knew his way around the South Shore beaches.

How did he hide it from family?

NY Post is being … slightly misleading in their wording. It’s a painting, not something I would characterize as a portrait, of a person with blond hair and dark circles around their eyes. Their eyes are also black. Honestly on first glance it reminded me of Marilyn Manson or some art for a season of American Horror Story. It’s not nearly as “incriminating” as they managed to make it sound.

The video at this link contains the social media recording of the woman who was in a business networking group with RH. What I found very interesting is that she says that he brought up the subject of the LISK to her and stated that the guy had killed ten people.

Since he presumably had killed four of them, does that mean he was claiming responsibility for the others too? Or was he just blowing smoke?

Curiouser and curiouser.

Link: Gilgo Beach Murder Suspect Rex Heuermann’s Former Neighbors & Colleagues Speak Out | Access
I think it's possible he was just repeating the common larger number thrown around in the media and websites about the case, like the wikipedia page. Megan, Maureen, Melissa, Amber, Asian Doe, Peaches and her baby, Jessica, Valerie, and Fire Island Doe equals ten. When talking about the case, the most common numbers are four/five or ten/eleven, the variance being whether Shannan is included or not.

MOO

That would be my guess too, living in bldg with oil. A truck comes by and fills the tank via a hose.

jmo
Yes, I believe that to be so as well. External cap and fitting to fill an internal heating oil tank possibly in the garage or a basement. Sometimes however, no ability to directly see or monitor the tank while filling and a poor shutoff sensor could lead to an overfill.

But the usual advantage is so that one need not enter the residence in order to deliver the heating oil. And in other parts of these threads, there were several posts where it seemed this property owner might have wished others not to intrude or enter it. MOO.

I have been going down a rabbit hole and looking into missing persons and unidentified persons on NamUs to see if anything stood out from mid 90s to current. This is me again thinking out loud JMO there were several people I saw on NamUs that were buried under cement in buildings who were unearthed during construction years later. RH being an architect and having access to building during construction made me start thinking wild things!! JMO maybe it’s time for bed IDK!
Since he had an inordinate interest in 10 year old girls, I wonder if any very young girls went missing in the area of the beaches in the 90's, before he started getting girls on Tinder and Craig's list?
It's no coincidence that he chose girls from the internet marketplace who were 4'10" to 5' tall.

I wonder if the question is, what is not in the water?

Higher Lithium levels in water correlate not only with reduced suicide rate (well-known), but with reduced violent crime.

Of course, not necessarily Litium.

These ingredients were high in NYC water in 2011

I don't think that everyone responds to it the same way, but if people are genetically predisposed to violence and live all their lives in the same area, I think it is important to check what is, or is not, present in that water and soil.
Considering the population of the NYC metro area, it's not surprising that they would have a not insignificant number of anything from the region.

For a guy who has stayed put in Massapequa Park for 25+ years, as well as a long time user of public transportation (LIRR) is anyone else a little surprised more people aren’t coming out the the woodwork with stories, anecdotes, etc about RH. Theirs been very little out of his neighbors (seems to have kept to himself), nothing from the wife or brother or other family yet, only one or two co-workers/colleagues have commented, and perhaps most intriguing their has been no other sex worker come forward having recognized him as a client (perhaps for legal reasons). SCPD has said he has still been actively seeking out sex workers - so nothing? Has this man been living in the shadows and keeping a low profile, the incident in Brady park a few weeks ago suggest he’s still a more brazen man. Is the fear that this case and Suffolk county might get this wrong ..again, keeping everyone tight lipped? Where are the childhood friends? Ex girlfriends? Other call girls? It seems divided between ‘nice guy kept to himself’, and ‘yeah he was weird something was up’ - who is the real Rex Heuerman? Who hurt him? Where does this pain and hatred come from? Is he psychotic, a psychopath, angry issue, family abuse - what do we really now about him aside from being a towering man, an architect with sloppy hair, a cat, a wife and two kids?
The Las Vegas shooter's background is similarly mysterious.

ADMIN NOTE:

Our WS member morf13 is an established contact of Tricia's and a very reliable and trusted source.

In real life morf13 is Mike Morford, who is the host of the Citizen Detective true crime podcast, along with his co-hosts Dr. Lee Mellor and Naama Kates.

As a highly regarded and trusted source, Morf13 is not required to provide links to what he states as fact about this case.

Saw this mentioned on Reddit, couldn’t find a source link for the life of me.

I wonder how far this will go …

(To be specific, because some quoted info is getting lost, the Chester County, South Carolina’s sheriff’s office has issued a news release that they will be assisting with gathering evidence … in South Carolina.)
Not the first time this kind of thing has happened. I remember before the DC shooters were arrested, CNN Breaking News showed some people felling a tree in IIRC Tacoma, Washington! They had reason to believe that the tree contained evidence, and sure enough, it did; one of the guns used to shoot at least one person was also used for target practice, and they found matching bullets in that tree. They had lived there a few months before the shootings began.

Interesting in that same link:

"Meanwhile, the state Parks Department told The Post on Monday that Heuermann once worked at Jones Beach in Nassau County, LI.

“Rex Heuermann was a seasonal employee at Jones Beach State Park in [the] summer of 1981 and from 3/05/82 through 10/24/84,” the department said in a statement. “We have no further comment.”

Interestingly, I posted this question in 2012...

But, further discussion suggests that public property is a common location used by serial killers for disposal of bodies.

Police in New York say they recovered hair from the wife of Rex Heuermann on the bodies of three women found in Gilgo Beach, a piece of evidence one legal analyst believes will be difficult for the defense to dispute.

“My first kind of gut reaction was that that is worse for him than his (own) DNA,” criminal defense attorney Mark Geragos said Monday on “CUOMO.”

Link: Analyst on Gilgo Beach killings: Wife’s DNA ‘bad fact’ for defense

For anyone who might not remember, Geragos was Scott Peterson's defense attorney.

Accused Gilgo Beach serial killer Rex Heuermann allegedly had only one question for his Long Island jailkeepers as he was being processed after his arrest last week.

“Is it in the news?”

well that doesn't surprise me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members