Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t posted here in years but I’ve been really interested in what you all have to say, this place is an amazing network of information and people bouncing incredible insight and thoughts around.

Just a couple of things on my mind. First, I believe it has been said that the investigators decided to take him into custody on Thursday evening because they thought he may become active again or flee. Is it possible his wife was getting ready to go out of town (or even the country) again very soon and they knew this information? I would think since covid started, maybe she hadn’t traveled much, if at all, the last few years and was finally getting ready for a trip.

Also, I have firmly believed from the beginning that the case in AC is related. Now I feel even stronger about it. Just because it wasn’t in the search history that was made public doesn’t mean it didn’t exist. I think this investigation team is being super tight-lipped about a lot of stuff, for good reason. If he spent money on a Vegas time share, I bet he frequented AC somewhat often and liked to gamble.

One more thing I’d like to add, and please forgive me if this is really out of left field. Has it ever been publicly stated how the 4 girls in Gilgo Beach were murdered or if their bodies were fully intact? I only ask because I read that investigators were looking for “body parts” or trophies of victims. I wonder if they were missing something small like a finger or a toe that he could gruesomely preserve and hide away.

Yeah none of them stop due to a change of heart. That’s not what I said. But based on cases I’ve seen, I don’t see statistics indicating they typically stop at 50. Also, reasons given for stopping include that they got their kicks in other ways. Also, some just did it for a brief time. I’m betting most.

I think we’re only beginning to understand the mind of a SK. The entire concept of SK is still so “new”. The FBI behavioral analysis unit is only about 50 years old.

Being a self-employed business owner, he could certainly write a lot off and "appear poor" on his tax records, which I'm sure they'd use to qualify them for benefits. JMO

No, NY State has similar guidelines -- if you are a dependent adult living in a household that makes above the maximum annual income to qualify for food stamps, you will not qualify for SNAP.

I haven’t posted here in years but I’ve been really interested in what you all have to say, this place is an amazing network of information and people bouncing incredible insight and thoughts around.

Just a couple of things on my mind. First, I believe it has been said that the investigators decided to take him into custody on Thursday evening because they thought he may become active again or flee. Is it possible his wife was getting ready to go out of town (or even the country) again very soon and they knew this information? I would think since covid started, maybe she hadn’t traveled much, if at all, the last few years and was finally getting ready for a trip.

Also, I have firmly believed from the beginning that the case in AC is related. Now I feel even stronger about it. Just because it wasn’t in the search history that was made public doesn’t mean it didn’t exist. I think this investigation team is being super tight-lipped about a lot of stuff, for good reason. If he spent money on a Vegas time share, I bet he frequented AC somewhat often and liked to gamble.

One more thing I’d like to add, and please forgive me if this is really out of left field. Has it ever been publicly stated how the 4 girls in Gilgo Beach were murdered or if their bodies were fully intact? I only ask because I read that investigators were looking for “body parts” or trophies of victims. I wonder if they were missing something small like a finger or a toe that he could gruesomely preserve and hide away.
As far as I know the gilgo four remains are intact. As for other potential victims I am almost positive that Valerie Macks foot was never found.

If you go on judyrecords and search RH, a speeding tic for the state of VA shows up from 3/14/12…would that have possibly been on a trip to SC? Any missing SW from around that time period? I couldn’t find the city, county, municipality for the ticket, but maybe someone else can.

His mother owned a house in VA ,so he could have been viisting a guess but if his mom lived here ,did he visit often ? NY to VA stay over night leave in the morning to to finish the south carolina trip. Thats how I would make that trip everytime.

I thought I had read something that teeth were missing from the girls? Can anyone confirm? I always thought he would hold on to their teeth. Jmo

This is only pic I’ve seen
That thing looks three feet tall or taller. The Icelandic dolls someone posted are only six inches tall.

The way it's encased in glass... very strange. Reminds me of Edith Howard Cook, the toddler daughter of an influential San Francisco family who died of natural causes in the 1870s. Several years ago, people excavating for a new house found her glass coffin and she was shockingly well-preserved for a 150-year-old corpse. There were no cemetery records so it took them a while to identify her through DNA.

...RH was described as being a "pack rat" by one of the Det. That home was where hoarders lived. It holds lots of secrets. I hope the Investigators discover them all...
I will always remember the case of Brenda Sue Shaeffer and Mel Ignatow where he was acquitted of her murder. Then, after his home was sold and the house was being renovated, carpenters had found three rolls of undeveloped film in a plastic bag in a vent when pulling up some old carpet. Information contained in this link: Mel Ignatow - Wikipedia

I just hope that RH's home is torn to shreds because they may find rolls of undeveloped film or evidence hidden in the most unusual hiding places. RH thinks that he is smarter and more cunning than everyone else.

JMO.

He may have taken at least some of the women to his house or their bodies to his storage units (hence, his wife’s hairs). Also, he was into duck hunting, and that camouflage burlap is used as a duck blind.
When I heard that that room in the basement was locked and off limits, I wonder if he took the women there, especially, since these crimes (or some of them) occurred when his family was out of town. It also makes me wonder if he has photos/negatives hidden some place.

JMO.

That basement room kept locked is all very Bluebeard, isn't it? If Bluebeard kept an arsenal in there with his victims.

It's the kind of thing fiction has conditioned us to expect a serial killer to have, though they rarely do.

MOO
It was also in 2005 that the designer was barred from entering the room. Maureen was the first of the G4 killed, not until 2007. Might this lend credence to earlier victims?

I am having some trouble uploading photos right now so maybe someone else can post them. Did anyone else notice a resemblance to Melissa Barthelemy and the painting they removed? Might be way off but wanted to know your thoughts? JMO

ETA pictures

Attachments

• IMG_7198.jpeg
    IMG_7198.jpeg
    126 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
I will always remember the case of Brenda Sue Shaeffer and Mel Ignatow where he was acquitted of her murder. Then, after his home was sold and the house was being renovated, carpenters had found three rolls of undeveloped film in a plastic bag in a vent when pulling up some old carpet. Information contained in this link: Mel Ignatow - Wikipedia

I just hope that RH's home is torn to shreds because they may find rolls of undeveloped film or evidence hidden in the most unusual hiding places. RH thinks that he is smarter and more cunning than everyone else.

JMO.

The above case is an interesting read.

Thanks for sharing that.

JMVHO.

this isn’t true about Gilgo4 phones - Megan and Amber did not have phones. Melissa and Maureen did
Yes I know Amber was using her roommates phone and I'm trying to remember with Megan and what her mother said at the time. The last time Megan was seen she was walking down the driveway of the hotel. I'm really trying to remember what her mother said about what was left in the hotel room. I believe she did have a phone but I'm not sure if she left it behind or if she had it with her. He obviously had the two other girls phone since he was using them to make those disturbing calls to family and friends.

Just spoke to Dr. Johanna Ellerup, the sister-in-law of #RexHeuermann. She lives only a few miles from Rex's home in Massapequa Park, New York. She told me she didn't know anything about the serial murders or where Asa, Rex's wife, currently is. Below is a direct transcription: Johanna Ellerup: "We are really not giving out any information. I've spoken to a couple of people already. We don't know anything. We are hearing about most of it on the news ourselves. So we are just going to refrain from saying anything. We really don't know anything." Alex Caprariello: "No idea where Asa is?" Johanna Ellerup: "No idea whatsoever." Alex Caprariello: "No communication with her?" Johanna Ellerup: "Nothing." Keep in mind, Suffolk County Police Commissioner Rodney Harrison told NewsNation that #RexHeuermann's wife and kids were "shocked" when investigators told them the accusations leveled against Rex and what he was arrested for. He said they even seemed "embarrassed." #LISK

Strange Long Island... approximately 16 minutes from Massapequa lived Robert Shulman, a convicted killer of 5 sex workers. He killed the victims in his home.

Most recent victim ID'd in 2021

The NYSP remains committed to supporting Suffolk County DA, PD and task force. Further questions should be forwarded to DA's office, who is leading this investigation.

NYSP will not get into the details about how they learned about #RexHeuermann or what connected him to #LISK. The press conference has ended.

This is what it looks like outside of #RexHeuermann's home right now. I tried to zoom in. Also a large media presence that I expect to grow as we near prime time. We know investigators have confiscated nearly 100 guns from inside. Also a life sized doll inside a glass case.

Making a quick clarification. We actually learned investigators confiscated more than 200 guns from inside the home.

New York State Police hosting a press conference in about 10 minutes detailing the role the agency played in capturing #RexHeuermann, accused of being the #LISK. @NewsNation will cover it live and I will recap it afterwards on-air.

Several boxes are being moved from the storage facility tied to #RexHeuermann. I am at his childhood home & seeing investigators in gloves & body suits remove evidence. Drone vid shows them enter an underground cellar. I'm told they are searching for trophies & body parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734