Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange Long Island... approximately 16 minutes from Massapequa lived Robert Shulman, a convicted killer of 5 sex workers. He killed the victims in his home.

Most recent victim ID'd in 2021
Nickname for Long Island locally is “wrong island.” (source? I’m 3rd generation Long Islander...And I left there.)

Local news reporting RH's strange history of suing people, claiming he was hurt in car accidents, 1 case was dismissed, 1 was settled for $55K & 1 is pending:

Car crashes to workers' comp: Court records offer glimpse into Gilgo Beach murder suspect's past

"The Turn To Tara team reviewed court flings revealing the suspected Gilgo Beach serial killer was also involved in three similar lawsuits over the past decade - each involving allegations that Heuermann was hurt in car accident, along with demands for $5 million."

Last edited:
I also haven't heard yet that body parts are missing from those four, though the police said they are searching for some. It could be that they're trying to link him to others in which parts were taken. Aside from body parts, trophies can take many forms...jewelry, photos, locks of hair, clothing and so on. The Police Commissioner emphasized that the primary reason for taking him into custody right away was the risk of a leak. Although members of a Grand Jury are sworn to secrecy, they've been known in the past to tell others including family members, friends or the press. With the weapon stash he had, they were smart to move quickly to prevent a possible bloodbath at his house.
Oh, I think he most definitely kept something from each of them, as in a personal item. I wouldn’t be surprised in the least if they find the girls cell phones, pieces of clothing or jewelry, ID or pocketbooks. He’s a collector by nature as we’ve seen with the guns, he claimed to have stashes of old NYC Code books. I have a feeling they’ll uncover stuff all over the place ~ the Massapequa Park house, the storage units and the SC property. Not so much at the Vegas property because that was a timeshare, but that doesn’t mean he didn’t commit crimes in that area.

I also haven't heard yet that body parts are missing from those four, though the police said they are searching for some. It could be that they're trying to link him to others in which parts were taken. Aside from body parts, trophies can take many forms...jewelry, photos, locks of hair, clothing and so on. The Police Commissioner emphasized that the primary reason for taking him into custody right away was the risk of a leak. Although members of a Grand Jury are sworn to secrecy, some have been known in the past to tell others including family members, friends or the press. With the weapon stash he had, they were smart to move quickly to prevent a possible bloodbath at his house.
Ok - it's in the Bail Application documents that all 4 victims were missing clothing & personal possessions.

"all were petite females approximately 22 to 27 years old, believed to be working as sex workers, all had missing clothing and personal possessions, all had been killed by homicide"

Last edited:

What freaked Brass out most about Heuermann?

He knew about a victim whose death, at the time of their date, hadn't been publicized yet, she said.

"So, I don't really know where to totally begin with this," Brass began, nervously describing the date in Monday's TikTok post.

"It was anywhere from 2014 to 2016," she said.

I'm not sure why exactly, but her account doesn't ring true to me.

For one thing, why would a woman in her mid-twenties accept a date from then 49-year-old RH? He wasn't exactly a looker.

That might sound shallow, but I was a woman in my mid-twenties once.

If RH came onto the investigation radar in March of 2022, what made them release Shannan Gilbert’s 911 tape in May of 2022? Do you think that was done on purpose once they had him as suspect #1? I personally don’t think she was a victim of RH’s, I don’t know how law enforcement feels about that, but was the timing of the released call coincidental or done on purpose?

For one thing, why would a woman in her mid-twenties accept a date from then 49-year-old RH? He wasn't exactly a looker.

I think we're going to see a lot of that going forward. Some people just want their fifteen minutes of fame and we're going to have to be careful about what we believe.

I thought the same thing when I saw her video. At that age, a lot of women might even be embarrassed to be seen out on a date with a man like him. He was awkward, much older and not exactly attractive.

Dating site.
possibly a free meal.
who knows..

I could be wrong, but her account didn't ring true with me, either.

JMO.

The whole "he was on food stamps" thing doesn't come as a surprise to me because this guy sounds like he was greedy and money-motivated because he had some special things he liked to spend his money on, and he wasn't gonna let pesky necessities like paying for food or repairing his house get in the way of his special things...
*shudders*
MOO

Making a quick clarification. We actually learned investigators confiscated more than 200 guns from inside the home.
tysm for transcribing all the tweets.

that is a truly insane amount of guns. the creepy sounding private basement room might've legitimately been ALL guns as he stated to a coworker.
I have confirmed that Heuermann owns at least four lots of land in Chester County, approximately 22 acres or rural land. He also owns a condo near Las Vegas, Nevada. I have reached out to Las Vegas Metro Police to see if they are assisting in the investigation. No word yet.

Already posted earlier:
Wow. Just heard back from Las Vegas Metro PD. They tell me they are aware of #RexHeuermann's connection to Las Vegas and are reviewing all of their unsolved cases to see if there is any possibility he is involved. This investigation really is taking off across the country

https://twitter.com/alcaprari23
I hope they check Atlantic City bc my gut instinct tells me he's a gambler.
I also haven't heard yet that body parts are missing from those four, though the police said they are searching for some.
Some early murder victims were dismembered.

He knew about a victim whose death, at the time of their date, hadn't been publicized yet, she said.

"So, I don't really know where to totally begin with this," Brass began, nervously describing the date in Monday's TikTok post.

"It was not just him," she said, adding that Heuermann's descriptions leads her to believe now that, "there were other people involved."

"He is taking the fall though, I think, for all of them," she said in the post.

The architect was very detailed, she said of his knowledge of the Gilgo Beach case. And as he spoke, he seemed "like he was reliving it in his head," she said.

"He seemed like, excited. Like it peaked his interest. He sat up straighter."

The whole "he was on food stamps" thing doesn't come as a surprise to me because this guy sounds like he was greedy and money-motivated because he had some special things he liked to spend his money on, and he wasn't gonna let pesky necessities like paying for food or repairing his house get in the way of his special things...
*shudders*
MOO

Common, easier to do in NY for folks who know how to work the system. I witnessed all manner of scams when I lived there.

My guess would be they milked the step-son's disability status. I've seen it here in IN as well, but nothing on the scale of NY. Surpised RH didn't have people paying rent, in the basement.

I'm confused by what she means "He knew about a victim whose death, at the time of their date, hadn't been publicized yet, she said." Especially b/c she mentions that their date was "anywhere from 2014 to 2016".

All the bodies along Gilgo Beach & surroundings were found by end of 2011, including Shannan Gilbert.

Not sure what she means...at all. The only thing I can think of is if she's suggesting that he knew the identity of a victim that wasn't publicized yet, like Valerie Mack who was only id in 2020. But that was way past their date, and if that was the case wouldn't you run to the police? If I went on a date with a creepy guy, he said things that later turned out to be true about a crime, I'd be talking to detectives asap

Last edited:
The simple and sad answer is that he (and other men like this) just hate women. They see us as objects for their pleasure - whatever that looks like to them - and they don't see us as complex human beings. The fact that he targeted sex workers also makes me think he thought poorly of them and maybe saw them as less of a "loss" because of their line of work.Its extremely depressing.

ETA: anybody capable of these crimes also is likely to be a psychopath and just completely lack empathy, especially for those outside their families.

BBM.

To add to this, he called one of his victim's sister (I'm spacing out on which one) to assure them that her sister was a "*advertiser censored*."

Sadistic and extremely misogynistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member