VA VA - Mamta Kafle Bhatt, 28, mom & pediatric nurse, 'involuntary missing,' husband reported her missing Aug 5, Manassas Park, 31 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Google says this about bond hearings in VA

"Virginia law requires a judge to grant a bond unless they have probable cause to believe that the accused will not appear at a trial or hearing. Furthermore, bond may be denied if there is probable cause to believe that the freedom of the accused individual will constitute an unreasonable danger to themselves or another person.

When establishing probable cause, a prosecutor must simply prove to the judge that there is relevant information about you that makes it likely that you pose a flight risk or a risk of danger."

Given that passports and suitcases were visible to LE when they entered, and given the nature of the crime, extremely unlikely to have an outcome other than being held. MOOO.

"Virginia law requires a judge to grant a bond unless they have probable cause to believe that the accused will not appear at a trial or hearing. Furthermore, bond may be denied if there is probable cause to believe that the freedom of the accused individual will constitute an unreasonable danger to themselves or another person.

When establishing probable cause, a prosecutor must simply prove to the judge that there is relevant information about you that makes it likely that you pose a flight risk or a risk of danger."

Given that passports and suitcases were visible to LE when they entered, and given the nature of the crime, extremely unlikely to have an outcome other than being held. MOOO.
Thank you for replying with Virginia Law. I think when we are dealing with communities that are not based in the US, it's helpful to give additional detail, especially people in the media or "influencers". These threads are so helpful so that correct information is shared, (including from me). Thank you, thank you!

Exactly. You have all of that, with the addition of the underlying crime being murder. He’s not charged with that yet, but it’s coming.

Exactly. You have all of that, with the addition of the underlying crime being murder. He’s not charged with that yet, but it’s coming.
Thank you. In my opinion, having someone with law experience give reaction or expert opinions in these types of cases (meaning from Immigrant communities) navigating the US legal system would add such value to the existing conversation or coverage of this case. I appreciate you all giving us more insight into what's ahead, or potentially ahead.

Thank you for replying with Virginia Law. I think when we are dealing with communities that are not based in the US, it's helpful to give additional detail, especially people in the media or "influencers". These threads are so helpful so that correct information is shared, (including from me). Thank you, thank you!
Welcome to Websleuths !!!

Sad for the reason you are here.
Please, feel free to ask any questions. We will try our best to find the correct information.

I do not feel he will be given a bond on Monday. He was packed up, probably going to flee the country.

If he is give a cash bond amount, I would think it would be a very high dollar amount.

My opinion only...

Today, Del. @MichelleforVA and I are joining hundreds of our constituents, neighbors, nurses and members of the Nepalese community from the D/M/V for a peaceful gathering to honor Mamta Kafle Bhatt at Signal Hill Park in Manassas Park and calling for justice and accountability.
Grateful to you and others showing up in person. I know this will be meaningful to Mamta's family whom I believe are now in the US.

Please, feel free to ask any questions. We will try our best to find the correct information.

I do not feel he will be given a bond on Monday. He was packed up, probably going to flee the country.

If he is give a cash bond amount, I would think it would be a very high dollar amount.

My opinion only...
This is the most connected I've ever felt as an American. Grateful for your response. Lastly, agreed that this sad situation has brought us closer than ever before.

I'm so glad that people like Naresh Bhatt are as stupid as they are evil. Makes the gathering of evidence and building the case part of things, easy. JMO.

I am not sure it will be easy. He does have something of Patrick Frazee in him. Frazee was unbelievably stupid, and even involved another person who later testified against him and yet, the body itself wasn’t found. Yet there was a load of circumstantial evidence to deem him guilty of murder. I think the same may happen here - Bhatt has left too many breadcrumbs that will, hopefully, be enough for indirect evidence of the crime. Bhatt will also be hiding behind “poor knowledge of English” although it is a lie as he held different jobs here. But, he has a translator and if he is not allowed communication with smarter relatives he’ll dig own grave soon.

AUG 24, 2024
[...]

July 28​

Mamta Bhatt last spoke to a friend on July 28, the same day she posted a final video on her TikTok account showing herself and her daughter, according to CNN affiliate WJLA.

“I last heard from her personally on July 28. She called me a couple times, but I was asleep. And I got a call from someone I met at Mamta’s baby shower and she asked me if I knew where Mamta was,” said Mamta’s former roommate, Nadia Navarro, according to WUSA.

[...]

July 30​

The criminal complaint says Naresh Bhatt murdered his wife “on or about” July 30 at their home in Manassas Park.

Investigators say Bhatt was seen at a Walmart on July 30 buying a pack of three knives, two of which were unaccounted for after the search warrant, according to WJLA. A day later, he was seen at another Walmart location buying cleaning supplies.

[...]

more at link

... police have not located any remains and say they are still looking for Mamta Kafle Bhatt, 28, who went missing more than three weeks ago.

"In an interview with WUSA last week,
Bhatt said he was worried about where his wife may be
and it was not the first time she had gone missing.

'I’m the one who is suffering.
She is my baby’s mom.
She is my wife.
I’m the one suffering,
so I don’t know what I’m supposed to say'.”
:oops:

Thank you that transcription Dotta.

I will help him with an answer to his last question. (In case his lawyer is reading here perhaps.) /sarc

What you are supposed to say is this: “what happened, and where have you placed your wife’s remains? And those of the unborn infant?” (IIRC). “You know, the kind woman that mothered your children….. and apparently was paying several or most of the bills?”

SMH. MOO

Last edited:

Dahal (the attorney) told 7News that Mamta's baby is with a family friend. Her focus has been to make sure the infant is in trusted hands.

"It's never going to be the same for her, especially with the mom's situation and the dad's circumstances," Dahal said. "But we, as a team, everybody in the community, we are trying to make sure that the baby had at least an amount of normalcy or whatever she was doing, a continuation of that."

"The cultural thing also comes in here, when it comes to what are you feeding, the familiar sound of music, the familiar language," Dahal added.

"They (Mamta's mom & brother) are here temporarily. They are here on a tourist visa, which is going to be the temporary visa only, so from three-to-six months is the time period," Dahal said. "We have to revisit the whole thing about what's going to happen, what's going to be the next steps. It's too soon to decide because everything is happening right now. Right now, the most important thing is she is in the care of a person with whom she's familiar with."
This image says so much. Sadly, so much. IMO maybe investigators should slide a copy of that to him when questioning him. :( MOO

Attachments

• IMG_7444.png
    IMG_7444.png
    582.1 KB · Views: 24
This image says so much. Sadly, so much. IMO maybe investigators should slide a copy of that to him when questioning him. :( MOO
The sad thing? I don't think it would do a lick of good. IMO he's decided he's the victim, it should all be about him, and he doesn't give a flying rip about his family and his own flesh and blood child. He's going to be crying victim all the way to LWOP or death row. (Does VA still have the death penalty? If so, it seems like he's a perfect recipient MOO.)

My opinion only...
Bbm.
:eek: o_O
Thanks, -- not sure how I missed that ?
Omo.

Eta : Just found this --

"...Authorities said Bhatt sold his Tesla on August 19, and the house appeared to be disheveled,
with a suitcase packed, items missing from hangers, WJLA reported.
The defense told the judge Naresh
does not have a history of violence."

Black and red bolding mine.

Black bolded : Iirc, and thanks to my friend google search -- Nepal does have an extradition treaty ?
If that's where he was headed.

Red bolded : Well... la-dee-dah.
To his defense atty. : A suspect does not have to have a history of violence to commit a heinous act.
One explosive conversation (or not ?) can do it.

And this little gem from above link :
"She was the one who cooked and do the kitchen stuff."
Really ?
She was the sole provider after he was let go from his job, and she still had to do the household tasks ?
Irksome.
Omo.

Last edited:
The sad thing? I don't think it would do a lick of good. IMO he's decided he's the victim, it should all be about him, and he doesn't give a flying rip about his family and his own flesh and blood child. He's going to be crying victim all the way to LWOP or death row. (Does VA still have the death penalty? If so, it seems like he's a perfect recipient MOO.)

Yes ErinC, I fear you are quite correct. Was simply hoping…….. one could always wish……. If I was an investigator IMO I would still do it.

On the latter question, as a former resident of the state of Virginia…… unfortunately it appears IIUC the state has abolished use of the death penalty. Seems to date to circa 2021. IANAL

CNN online March 29, 2021 article by Dakin Andone entitled ‘Why Virginia’s abolition of the death penalty is a big deal for the state and the US’:

Yes ErinC, I fear you are quite correct. Was simply hoping…….. one could always wish……. If I was an investigator IMO I would still do it.

On the latter question, as a former resident of the state of Virginia…… unfortunately it appears IIUC the state has abolished use of the death penalty. Seems to date to circa 2021. IANAL

CNN online March 29, 2021 article by Dakin Andone entitled ‘Why Virginia’s abolition of the death penalty is a big deal for the state and the US’:

It'd be a hard sell getting a successful DP case with no body, anyway. Even with the Bluestar evidence that shows she bled enough in her home to die. They'd more likely go for LWOP even if Virginia still had the DP on the books. More certainty in conviction.

This isn't how I feel, I think if you've got proof someone bled out then you know for sure they're dead, but I know some jurors get jumpy without a body. Not to mention, some DAs.

MOO

People are still stopping by the Manassas Park home of missing mom Mamta Kafle Bhatt, to leave flowers and lighting candles. Police have not yet found her, but she is presumed dead.

AUG 24, 2024
The Manassas Park community came together on Saturday morning to gather peacefully in honor of missing Manassas mother, Mamta Kafle Bhatt.

“We came out today to give our sentiment, to pour our love and continue to be here and stand together to get justice for Mamta,” said Bina Khadkalama.

AUG 24, 2024
Friends, co-workers and members of the Nepali American Community Center organized the event in Manassas Park, which featured several speakers and updates about the future of Bhatt’s daughter, Neema, who turned 1 earlier this week.

[...]

A launched by the Nepalese community on behalf of Bhatt’s daughter had raised over $167,000 by Saturday afternoon. Organizers said a portion of the money will be used to bring Mamta Bhatt’s mother and brother to the United States next week on an emergency visa, and house them while they are here.

The rest will be invested in a trust for when she turns 18. A financial planner and lawyers are involved in the planning process, with a custodial account being opened Monday, organizers told the crowd.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tattooteena
Back