VA VA - Mamta Kafle Bhatt, 28, mom & pediatric nurse, 'involuntary missing,' husband reported her missing Aug 5, Manassas Park, 31 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Google says this about bond hearings in VA

"Virginia law requires a judge to grant a bond unless they have probable cause to believe that the accused will not appear at a trial or hearing. Furthermore, bond may be denied if there is probable cause to believe that the freedom of the accused individual will constitute an unreasonable danger to themselves or another person.

When establishing probable cause, a prosecutor must simply prove to the judge that there is relevant information about you that makes it likely that you pose a flight risk or a risk of danger."

Given that passports and suitcases were visible to LE when they entered, and given the nature of the crime, extremely unlikely to have an outcome other than being held. MOOO.

"Virginia law requires a judge to grant a bond unless they have probable cause to believe that the accused will not appear at a trial or hearing. Furthermore, bond may be denied if there is probable cause to believe that the freedom of the accused individual will constitute an unreasonable danger to themselves or another person.

When establishing probable cause, a prosecutor must simply prove to the judge that there is relevant information about you that makes it likely that you pose a flight risk or a risk of danger."

Given that passports and suitcases were visible to LE when they entered, and given the nature of the crime, extremely unlikely to have an outcome other than being held. MOOO.
Thank you for replying with Virginia Law. I think when we are dealing with communities that are not based in the US, it's helpful to give additional detail, especially people in the media or "influencers". These threads are so helpful so that correct information is shared, (including from me). Thank you, thank you!

Exactly. You have all of that, with the addition of the underlying crime being murder. He’s not charged with that yet, but it’s coming.

Exactly. You have all of that, with the addition of the underlying crime being murder. He’s not charged with that yet, but it’s coming.
Thank you. In my opinion, having someone with law experience give reaction or expert opinions in these types of cases (meaning from Immigrant communities) navigating the US legal system would add such value to the existing conversation or coverage of this case. I appreciate you all giving us more insight into what's ahead, or potentially ahead.

Today, Del. @MichelleforVA and I are joining hundreds of our constituents, neighbors, nurses and members of the Nepalese community from the D/M/V for a peaceful gathering to honor Mamta Kafle Bhatt at Signal Hill Park in Manassas Park and calling for justice and accountability.

Thank you for replying with Virginia Law. I think when we are dealing with communities that are not based in the US, it's helpful to give additional detail, especially people in the media or "influencers". These threads are so helpful so that correct information is shared, (including from me). Thank you, thank you!
Welcome to Websleuths !!!

Sad for the reason you are here.
Please, feel free to ask any questions. We will try our best to find the correct information.

I do not feel he will be given a bond on Monday. He was packed up, probably going to flee the country.

If he is give a cash bond amount, I would think it would be a very high dollar amount.

My opinion only...

Today, Del. @MichelleforVA and I are joining hundreds of our constituents, neighbors, nurses and members of the Nepalese community from the D/M/V for a peaceful gathering to honor Mamta Kafle Bhatt at Signal Hill Park in Manassas Park and calling for justice and accountability.
Grateful to you and others showing up in person. I know this will be meaningful to Mamta's family whom I believe are now in the US.

Welcome to Websleuths !!!

Sad for the reason you are here.
Please, feel free to ask any questions. We will try our best to find the correct information.

I do not feel he will be given a bond on Monday. He was packed up, probably going to flee the country.

If he is give a cash bond amount, I would think it would be a very high dollar amount.

My opinion only...
This is the most connected I've ever felt as an American. Grateful for your response. Lastly, agreed that this sad situation has brought us closer than ever before.

I'm so glad that people like Naresh Bhatt are as stupid as they are evil. Makes the gathering of evidence and building the case part of things, easy. JMO.

I am not sure it will be easy. He does have something of Patrick Frazee in him. Frazee was unbelievably stupid, and even involved another person who later testified against him and yet, the body itself wasn’t found. Yet there was a load of circumstantial evidence to deem him guilty of murder. I think the same may happen here - Bhatt has left too many breadcrumbs that will, hopefully, be enough for indirect evidence of the crime. Bhatt will also be hiding behind “poor knowledge of English” although it is a lie as he held different jobs here. But, he has a translator and if he is not allowed communication with smarter relatives he’ll dig own grave soon.

AUG 24, 2024
[...]

July 28​

Mamta Bhatt last spoke to a friend on July 28, the same day she posted a final video on her TikTok account showing herself and her daughter, according to CNN affiliate WJLA.

“I last heard from her personally on July 28. She called me a couple times, but I was asleep. And I got a call from someone I met at Mamta’s baby shower and she asked me if I knew where Mamta was,” said Mamta’s former roommate, Nadia Navarro, according to WUSA.

[...]

July 30​

The criminal complaint says Naresh Bhatt murdered his wife “on or about” July 30 at their home in Manassas Park.

Investigators say Bhatt was seen at a Walmart on July 30 buying a pack of three knives, two of which were unaccounted for after the search warrant, according to WJLA. A day later, he was seen at another Walmart location buying cleaning supplies.

[...]

more at link

"In an interview with WUSA last week,
Bhatt said he was worried about where his wife may be
and it was not the first time she had gone missing.

'I’m the one who is suffering.
She is my baby’s mom.
She is my wife.
I’m the one suffering,
so I don’t know what I’m supposed to say'.”
:oops:

Thank you that transcription Dotta.

I will help him with an answer to this last question. (In case his lawyer is reading here perhaps.) /sarc

What you are supposed to say is this: “what happened, and where have you placed your wife’s remains? And those of the unborn infant?” (IIRC). “You know, the kind woman that mothered your children….. and apparently was paying several or most of the bills?”

SMH. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtt
Back