Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But Taylor’s pimp also stated she wasn’t in Manhattan but in Queens because she couldn’t risk being picked up in Manhattan.
Taylor's pimp (Khalil / Remy) has about as much information about Taylor's disappearance as the rest of us. The authorities have remained tight-lipped over the sighting (they reportedly rejected FOIL requests). They basically ignored Khalil when he came to them with the Queens theory, which suggests that their information about Taylor being in Manhattan is pretty solid. Khalil said that she'd avoid Manhattan due to a special operation that was targeting repeat offenders, but that operation was also active in Queens and Brooklyn.

You are correct.
Ok so then what are the chances that out of all of Long Island, RH would pick Manorville, where another sk happens to live (but that isn’t known yet) and he dumps bodies there?
Low, but not very improbable.

Manorville has been a known dumping ground for various killers due to its remoteness and proximity to the Long Island Expressway.

I've been thinking about that too. I wonder if it is a simple as photos of him being arrested on 5th Ave. Another officer could've texted the officers at the house to show the arrest was completed, and they showed the wife.

jmo

Did the MSM article say when LE showed her a photo or photos of RH? We know that she went to his first court appearance, so I wonder if she didn't see whatever photo(s) they showed her until after the court appearance.

Last edited:
Taylor's pimp (Khalil / Remy) has about as much information about Taylor's disappearance as the rest of us. The authorities have remained tight-lipped over the sighting (they reportedly rejected FOIL requests). They basically ignored Khalil when he came to them with the Queens theory, which suggests that their information about Taylor being in Manhattan is pretty solid. Khalil said that she'd avoid Manhattan due to a special operation that was targeting repeat offenders, but that operation was also active in Queens and Brooklyn.
I don’t know but it seems to me They have been wrong about a lot. I’m not ready to just blindly believe that this is all wrapped up with a neat little bow with the arrest of RH. There are way too many differences between the two sets of victims, IMO.

Low, but not very improbable.

Manorville has been a known dumping ground for various killers due to its remoteness and proximity to the Long Island Expressway.
Which would also make ocean parkway a good dumping ground. Dark, desolate at night, almost impossible to walk through the brush. Knowing now we had two SKs (three if you include Rifkin), I don’t think it’s that far off to assume there are two people responsible for the 11 victims. If all 11 victims were found in closer proximity, like the GB4, I’d say maybe. But there is some decent distance between the GB4 and some of the other bodies.

I don’t know but it seems to me They have been wrong about a lot. I’m not ready to just blindly believe that this is all wrapped up with a neat little bow with the arrest of RH. There are way too many differences between the two sets of victims, IMO.

On the flip side, you could also argue that people don't want it to be RH because they want to keep the mystery alive. Some are also having a difficult time accepting that their theories were incorrect. IMO, there's no real difference between the victims other than their method of disposal. For me, that points more to an MO change. He had a very good reason for hindering the identification of the 1996–2003 victims, as these girls worked the streets and he would have had to approach them in public. There was far less exposure with the Gilgo Four because the contact occurred via burner phone and he could pick them up in far more inconspicuous places.

Maybe he met the mom down south and offered to give her and the toddler a ride to NY. Then the murders happened in NY. I'm not sure of the timing of all that with known dates of the wife's travels. Just thinking through logistics of how the bodies from out-of-state could end up on Long Island. Maybe the mom and child were first at his house.

(I could be way off. I haven't followed the non-G4 at all.)

jmo
Given the trouble they're having with pinning down the wife's movements for Maureen's death, when she went missing in 2007, they would struggle more with Peaches, whose torso was found 28th June, 1997. Before many people had mobile phones, certainly ones with GPS, before 9/11 security tightening on air travel, before a lot of things like surveillance cameras everywhere like at toll points on free ways, before toll passes linked to credit cards...

I'm not saying we can solve every present day crime in five minutes but the past is another country, and you don't have to go back far to realise how differently the world worked. In 1997, they were only ten years beyond Colin Pitchfork, and many places still didn't understand DNA or how it worked, and couldn't identify or retrieve minute or degraded samples.

I do wonder if one of the things they've been looking for in the search of the home and storage unit is a match to the floral pillowcase found with Peaches' torso. I hope, if RH is responsible, that they find it, and something that leads to her identity.

MOO

Which would also make ocean parkway a good dumping ground. Dark, desolate at night, almost impossible to walk through the brush. Knowing now we had two SKs (three if you include Rifkin), I don’t think it’s that far off to assume there are two people responsible for the 11 victims

It's different because you can take the LIE east from NYC until you reach the more rural areas of Long Island. Then pull into the first wooded area you see. Ocean Parkway requires a bit more work to get there. If Jonas Beach Island was a great/obvious dumping ground, you'd expect to see more gang victims being found there.

On the flip side, you could also argue that people don't want it to be RH because they want to keep the mystery alive. Some are also having a difficult time accepting that their theories were incorrect. IMO, there's no real difference between the victims other than their method of disposal. For me, that points more to an MO change. He had a very good reason for hindering the identification of the 1996–2003 victims, as these girls worked the streets and he would have had to approach them in public. There was far less exposure with the Gilgo Four because the contact occurred via burner phone and he could pick them up in far more inconspicuous places.
Yes but there would have been no reason for him to cut them up and dispose parts in different areas and on the beach, then just dispose fully on the beach but neatly for the gb4. I think all of the areas that parts of the non-gb4 victims were found were convenient places for an SK to dump. In my mind, it just doesn’t fit the profile that RH wanted to visit his victims. I’ll totally accept it was him if any evidence is produced that does so.

dbm

Did the MSM article say when LE showed her a photo or photos of RH? We know that she went to his first court appearance, so I wonder if she didn't see whatever photo they showed her until after the court appearance.
It's my understanding that she said "It is what it is" after officers showed her photo(s) and this happened at the house. I could be wrong, but that's what I how I read the order of events. LE went to the house, the family was in shock, LE showed photo, the wife said, "It is what it is," and the family had to leave the home without taking anything with them.

My hunch is they would not show her evidence of crimes, but would show proof of his arrest. Of course, this is a guess.

jmo

It's different because you can take the LIE east from NYC until you reach the more rural areas of Long Island. Then pull into the first wooded area you see. Ocean Parkway requires a bit more work to get there. If Jonas Beach Island was a great/obvious dumping ground, you'd expect to see more gang victims being found there.
I just can’t see how there aren’t two separate people responsible for the 11 victims. One SK lives in Manorville, JT and VM are partially found in Manorville.
VM and JT, Peaches and baby doe are found a decent distance away from GB4. The GB4 are all disposed of within 500 feet of each other and in the same manner.
RH googled Bittrolff which, IMO, leads me to believe that RH also speculates that JB is linked to “his” dumping ground.

Yes but there would have been no reason for him to cut them up and dispose parts in different areas and on the beach, then just dispose fully on the beach but neatly for the gb4. I think all of the areas that parts of the non-gb4 victims were found were convenient places for an SK to dump. In my mind, it just doesn’t fit the profile that RH wanted to visit his victims. I’ll totally accept it was him if any evidence is produced that does so.
Multiple factors may have been at play. Considering RH is a sadist, it is very possible that he wanted the torsos to be found (news/attention/creating fear/etc). He may not have had full confidence in Gilgo yet. Perhaps he believed that full bodies would be too easy to spot (would explain why he used duck-blind camo to conceal 3 of the Gilgo Four).

I just can’t see how there aren’t two separate people responsible for the 11 victims. One SK lives in Manorville, JT and VM are partially found in Manorville.
VM and JT, Peaches and baby doe are found a decent distance away from GB4. The GB4 are all disposed of within 500 feet of each other and in the same manner.
RH googled Bittrolff which, IMO, leads me to believe that RH also speculates that JB is linked to “his” dumping ground.
Other non-JB victims have been found in Manorville. It's a quiet, wooded area with very little traffic, and it is easy to access via the Long Island Expressway. Popular spot among hunters in particular (Valerie Mack was found by three pheasant hunters). We know that RH was an avid hunter who owned duck-blind camo and more than 200 guns. I was a big believer in JB being LISK, but we have to go with the facts.

Other non-JB victims have been found in Manorville. It's a quiet, wooded area with very little traffic, and it is easy to access via the Long Island Expressway. Popular spot among hunters in particular (Valerie Mack was found by three pheasant hunters). We know that RH was an avid hunter who owned duck-blind camo and more than 200 guns.
I understand, I live out that way. Bittrolff lived there, was a carpenter so had decent tools for dismembering, anyone can buy duck blind camo especially since it matches perfectly with the OP thicket. From what I’ve read MBB was not wrapped in the burlap and she was most likely the first victim. I’d have to assume after dumping MBB he realized it was best to get some camo burlap and wrap them. VM and JT were killed before MBB. If after MBB he realized it was best to wrap the bodies while disposing in this region, you would think he would have realized this after dumping JT and VM and would have known to wrap MBB.

I don’t recall reading RH was an avid hunter. Could you share a link please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member