Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are hundreds of serial killers with the same victim profiles. They choose women they believe can throw away and they won’t be missed. Not every expert agrees. There are several in both shows about this that could see it being two. I guess we shall see.
I posted a couple of pages back but I’m almost certain RH is responsible for GB4 and JB for the rest. I’d be shocked if RH is linked to the others.
Edited: I’m not saying RH doesn’t have other victims elsewhere, but I believe Vm, JT, Peaches and baby and Fire Island Doe are JB’s victims. I’m on the fence about Asian Doe

Quite possible. We've seen him double fisting drinks in some of the pictures of him at the networking events and one of the neighbors said he got in an argument with a drunken Heuermann who then took off walking around the neighborhood.

At this point, I'm actively hoping he did keep souvenirs. If there are bodies out there that haven't been discovered, they'll know they need to keep looking.
I always said that LISK was a drinker. Mainly because I thought he repeatedly drunk dialed Melissa's little sister and found himself worried that that might have exposed him. I suspected that this was the reason that he instructed the last 2 known victims, Megan and Amber to leave their phones behind.

All speculation on my part.

There are hundreds of serial killers with the same victim profiles. They choose women they believe can throw away and they won’t be missed. Not every expert agrees. There are several in both shows about this that could see it being two. I guess we shall see.

There are hundreds of serial killers with the same victim profiles. But there are not hundreds of serial killers with the same victim profiles who use the same dumping ground. It is the bold part in that equation that drastically reduces the odds. Especially seeing as the 1996-2003 killer suddenly "stopped", only for Rex to continue the same east-to-west pattern four years later....

I always said that LISK was a drinker. Mainly because I thought he repeatedly drunk dialed Melissa's little sister and found himself worried that that might have exposed him. I suspected that this was the reason that he instructed the last 2 known victims, Megan and Amber to leave their phones behind.

All speculation on my part.
I don't believe he actually instructed anyone to leave their phones behind. It seems as though that was a factoid that weaseled itself into discussion about the case. For example, Amber didn't have her own phone. Instead, it seems as though she was using Schaller's.

I posted a couple of pages back but I’m almost certain RH is responsible for GB4 and JB for the rest. I’d be shocked if RH is linked to the others.
Edited: I’m not saying RH doesn’t have other victims elsewhere, but I believe Vm, JT, Peaches and baby and Fire Island Doe are JB’s victims. I’m on the fence about Asian Doe
I tend to lean this way although I’m not certain it’s JB. I just have this nagging gut feeling that the non gb4 victims are not RH’s. <modsnip - insinuations or accusations

Last edited by a moderator:
There are hundreds of serial killers with the same victim profiles. But there are not hundreds of serial killers with the same victim profiles who use the same dumping ground. It is the bold part in that equation that drastically reduces the odds. Especially seeing as the 1996-2003 killer suddenly "stopped", only for Rex to continue the same east-to-west pattern four years later....
The problem is only parts of the bodies were dumped in the same dumping ground. That is a glaring difference to the precisely laid out, in burlap, same distance apart, whole bodies of the gb4.

And if you consider Jamie Seymour, who went missing in 2005 and was NEVER found, and Asian Doe who died between 2000-2005/6, maybe there wasn't a four year interval at all.

MOO

But that would make sense if JB is the other sk linked to the bodies of ocean parkway. JB was active in the early/mid 90’s. He dumped his first two victims in manorville. Then a couple of years later VM and JT are found partially in Manorville and in 2011 the rest of their bodies found by Gilgo. I think it lines up perfectly with the two sk’s. Ocean parkway is very dark, very desolate at night and the brush on the side is very thick and difficult to navigate. No one is going in there willingly. A native Long Islander would be aware of this.

The problem is only parts of the bodies were dumped in the same dumping ground. That is a glaring difference to the precisely laid out, in burlap, same distance apart, whole bodies of the gb4.
That points to a change in MO, which is pretty common with serial killers. The GB4 weren't the same distance apart. The change in MO was most likely motivated by the identification of Jessica Taylor, whose torso was dumped in Manorville in July of 2003. After that, the "torso drops" suddenly concluded. Four years later, Rex continues the same east-to-west pattern with the same victim profile on the same stretch of highway.

It is also very interesting that Taylor was last seen in Manhattan.

The odds of it being two killers are improbable, not impossible. But if you play it by the odds, it is most likely one offender.

I don't believe he actually instructed anyone to leave their phones behind. It seems as though that was a factoid that weaseled itself into discussion about the case. For example, Amber didn't have her own phone. Instead, it seems as though she was using Schaller's.
According to Amber's room mate, Dave Schaller , he told Amber to take her phone and Amber said, " That's not what he wants. "

I've provided that link. But if you didn't see it or want to see it, let me know and I'll post it again.

But that would make sense if JB is the other sk linked to the bodies of ocean parkway. JB was active in the early/mid 90’s. He dumped his first two victims in manorville. Then a couple of years later VM and JT are found partially in Manorville and in 2011 the rest of their bodies found by Gilgo. I think it lines up perfectly with the two sk’s. Ocean parkway is very dark, very desolate at night and the brush on the side is very thick and difficult to navigate. No one is going in there willingly. A native Long Islander would be aware of this.
JB didn't dump his victims in Manorville. His two victims were found in Shirley and East Patchogue. The third victim that he is connected with was found in Southampton.

He would have had to be speedy - Peaches' torso was found approximately three days after she died. And dismemberment isn't quick, so it would have taken a decent segment of that time to accomplish. I would also assume that disposal most likely took place at night to avoid discovery. He left her in Hempstead Lake Park, Jones Beach Park, and in one or more other places, as a significant amount of her body was never found. Also, Toddler Doe, her baby, was found on Cedar Beach, a little up the coast from Gilgo. That's killing twice, dismembering an adult, driving those bodies away from the kill site, disposing of them in a minimum of four places, in under three days.

It's possible the whole crime started out-of-state, but when would he sleep? Perhaps he didn't.

To make this post relevant to the arrestee, we know that for a time, RH worked for Jones Beach as a seasonal worker in his young adulthood. He would have known the area well.

MOO
Maybe he met the mom down south and offered to give her and the toddler a ride to NY. Then the murders happened in NY. I'm not sure of the timing of all that with known dates of the wife's travels. Just thinking through logistics of how the bodies from out-of-state could end up on Long Island. Maybe the mom and child were first at his house.

(I could be way off. I haven't followed the non-G4 at all.)

jmo

I thought RH was searching "John Bittrolff". Was he searching Joseph Brewer, also??

There are at least three JBs being discussed in this case. Joseph Brewer, James Burke and John Bitrolff. Maybe we can start using just last names? It gets confusing, and becomes a “Who’s on first” comedy routine with the replies.

That points to a change in MO, which is pretty common with serial killers. The GB4 weren't the same distance apart. The change in MO was most likely motivated by the identification of Jessica Taylor, whose torso was dumped in Manorville in July of 2003. After that, the "torso drops" suddenly concluded. Four years later, Rex continues the same east-to-west pattern with the same victim profile on the same stretch of highway.

The odds of it being two killers are improbable, not impossible. But if you play it by the odds, it is most likely one offender.
You can argue this by saying, what are the chances that JBittrolff dumped his victims in Manorville and then RH decided to dump JT and VM there as well

But Taylor’s pimp also stated she wasn’t in Manhattan but in Queens because she couldn’t risk being picked up in Manhattan.

According to Amber's room mate, Dave Schaller , he told Amber to take her phone and Amber said, " That's not what he wants. "

I've provided that link. But if you didn't see it or want to see it, let me know and I'll post it again.

The whole Costello-Schaller story is a clusterf*ck (excuse my language). There have been multiple variations of the same story. From what I've read, the girls in that house used the same phone to speak to clients (I believe it may have been Schaller's phone). Costello was recently out of rehab and did not have a working cellphone. After negotiating with LISK, she left the phone behind as she didn't need it anymore. I also think that a "john" telling girls not to bring their phones would raise some major red flags.

JB didn't dump his victims in Manorville. His two victims were found in Shirley and East Patchogue. The third victim that he is connected with was found in Southampton
You are correct.
Ok so then what are the chances that out of all of Long Island, RH would pick Manorville, where another sk happens to live (but that isn’t known yet) and he dumps bodies there?

He will not be moved to gen pop.
I agree, at least before trial.

After trial, he's also likely to be segregated.

Of course, there are always exceptions. Dahmer got to the point where he couldn't stick being in solitary confinement any more and demanded a transfer to genpop after a year, despite people who cared about him begging him not to do it. Some of his statements suggest to me he was passively suicidal. His request was granted, and he was ultimately killed by another inmate. He made no attempt to defend himself.

Of course, though RH is older than Dahmer, he is built like a giant and reportedly has a handshake like marble, so he may prove a more intimidating presence than Dahmer did to potential attackers.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members