Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeDee

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

Our WS member morf13 is an established contact of Tricia's and a very reliable and trusted source.

In real life morf13 is Mike Morford, who is the host of the Citizen Detective true crime podcast, along with his co-hosts Dr. Lee Mellor and Naama Kates.

As a highly regarded and trusted source, Morf13 is not required to provide links to what he states as fact about this case.

ADMIN NOTE:

This man's family, his wife and daughter (and the daughter's art) are off limits for sleuthing. It's fine to discuss what is said about them or by them in MSM, but to sleuth out their information and/or post links to their social media or online persona is absolutely against Websleuths TOS. Members who continue to do so will find themselves on a thread ban.

This is Websleuths 101 ... read The Rules and you won't have any problems.

Thank you.

I have been archiving everything LISK since 2010.

New sub-album i've begun but I am days behind in saving the info.

JUSTICE! Arrest For Gilgo Beach L.I.S.K. Victims:

The main Case Archive, since 2010 (971 files):

Sub-section, Shannan Gilbert (567 files):

Sub-section, Manorville (68files):

Sub-section, After 10 years, Will there be Justice? (141 files):

Please check it out. I've spent years building this Case Archive.

ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random.

The Report feature is for violations of Websleuths TOS.

Please don't send Reports because you don't like what another member has said or because you disagree with them, or if it's "misinformation", or just because you want us to know how you feel about the case. These are not Reportable violations of TOS.

As for "misinformation" regarding specifics, that is something that can be respectfully worked out through discussion on the thread. WS staff have thousands of threads and don't necessarily know all the fine details of every single case and we don't have time to be searching for what is or is not 100% accurate.

Thank you.

Hey everyone,

At this time Shannan Gilbert is not included as being one of Heuermann's victims. It's fine to make mention of her or any of the other victims as possibly related but please don't flood the thread with extensive discussion of the specifics of those other cases.

There are numerous threads dedicated specifically to each of the victims, so if you wish to delve more deeply into one of those cases, just go to the top of this page and click on the parent forum called "Long Island Serial Killer".

Thanks !!

Other non-JB victims have been found in Manorville. It's a quiet, wooded area with very little traffic, and it is easy to access via the Long Island Expressway. Popular spot among hunters in particular (Valerie Mack was found by three pheasant hunters). We know that RH was an avid hunter who owned duck-blind camo and more than 200 guns. I was a big believer in JB being LISK, but we have to go with the facts.
If we are going with the facts, RH has only been charged with 3 of the murders. While they are looking at him for the others, that doesn’t mean that they will link them to him. Everyone is theorizing and while you are firmly in the camp for it being 1, I am not convinced. There are several arguments for it being 2 that also fit.

I understand, I live out that way. Bittrolff lived there, was a carpenter so had decent tools for dismembering, anyone can buy duck blind camo especially since it matches perfectly with the OP thicket. From what I’ve read MBB was not wrapped in the burlap and she was most likely the first victim. I’d have to assume after dumping MBB he realized it was best to get some camo burlap and wrap them. VM and JT were killed before MBB. If after MBB he realized it was best to wrap the bodies while disposing in this region, you would think he would have realized this after dumping JT and VM and would have known to wrap MBB.

I don’t recall reading RH was an avid hunter. Could you share a link please?
Here's one link. I'm still not 100% he was some avid hunter. Who knows?

Heuermann was an avid duck hunter and shared a duck boat with a friend, according to the attorney for his wife, who filed for divorce Wednesday.

Thanks so much. I’m not so sure either. It seems that’s someone mentioned it and certain msm is running with it. I haven’t seen it confirmed by any officials

Other non-JB victims have been found in Manorville. It's a quiet, wooded area with very little traffic, and it is easy to access via the Long Island Expressway. Popular spot among hunters in particular (Valerie Mack was found by three pheasant hunters). We know that RH was an avid hunter who owned duck-blind camo and more than 200 guns. I was a big believer in JB being LISK, but we have to go with the facts.
Another thing I wanted to add about JT is that although technically right off the LIE, where her body was found was on an access road that requires driving an extra 1.5-2 miles to get to it. To me, that would indicate someone local who is familiar with the road and area, killed JT

Thanks so much. I’m not so sure either. It seems that’s someone mentioned it and certain msm is running with it. I haven’t seen it confirmed by any officials
If RH moved the bodies by boat, why would he drive there in his Avalanche shortly after a murder?

I really doubt this boat theory. It’s dark and there is hardly any traffic at night.
You'd have to drive the body in the car, get it from the car to the boat, navigate the boat around to the beach and manage to get it up to the shore, which would be hard work if the tide was going out or it was choppy, get the body out and drag it up the beach to the spot you want to bury it, oh, and any tools as well, bury the body, and then get all the way back to the jetty... seems a lot more work than just driving to the beach with everything you need including the body in the bed of the truck with the top covering it.

MOO

I’d love to know who this friend is that he shared a boat with. He doesn’t strike me as the type that bonds with other people outside his family (especially another man) enough to share a boat with them

Plus, he's an architect and perhaps installed soundproofing in a room.

jmo
That makes sense and could explain why the murders only happened when his wife was gone. If his wife was home he could still figure out a way to go out on an early date but certainly not to bring his date home.
and the garage door swapped out for one with no windows….he could drive the girl into the garage and get her out without being seen. …and the locked room could hold more clues than artillery.

If we are going with the facts, RH has only been charged with 3 of the murders. While they are looking at him for the others, that doesn’t mean that they will link them to him. Everyone is theorizing and while you are firmly in the camp for it being 1, I am not convinced. There are several arguments for it being 2 that also fit.
This discussion has caused me to explore the possibility that RH is responsible for only the 4. Because of his age - 43 in 2007 when MBB was killed - I have been convinced he had many more kills before and afterward. But what if he did not and she was the first?

MBB was restrained with BELTS and wrapped in plastic. BELTS - one monogrammed. One with a hair caught in the buckle.

Why would an experienced killer not be prepared for resistance from the victim and have implements ready?

Maybe he had not even planned the murder, but things took a turn and he grabbed and scrambled for just anything in reach to tie her down?

Now, I don't understand anyone leaving the belts once she was past resistance, but perhaps he wasn't thinking as well as usual. So, he found plastic, wrapped her and loaded her into the vehicle. Imagine driving around with a body in the vehicle and no plans with what to do. No telling how long it took for him to decide on a good place.

Don't you think he sweated out the next couple of years, waiting for the body to be discovered?

However, in 2009, two years later as the anniversary for MBB rolled around, his family was planning a long visit to Iceland and he had a plan. It was almost the exact anniversary of the killing of MBB when Barthelemy vanished and the taunting phone calls began. I wonder if having the exact anniversary available contributed to the events. According to the Bail Application, her phone was used after she vanished and while RH's family was away, then not used while he joined his family in Iceland, but again used the day after he returned to the States. Barthelemy was the first restrained with tape and hidden in camo burlap to blend with the dumping ground. So location pre-planned.

The next year, RH's family planned a June trip and he planned to indulge his hobby, a few days earlier, but still close enough. Again tape and camo burlap.

In early September, same year, was the incident with Costello, and the wife was in New Jersey Aug. 28-Sept. 5, 2010. Again tape and camo burlap. So prepared.

Then Shannan Gilbert happened in December and his crimes were discovered. Has he managed to just sit tight and hope all these years since, feeling compelled to occasionally discuss the case? Were there only 4 for him and a late starting age of 43, OR did he begin killing as a much younger man with his victims better hidden? If so, why?

Probably didn't care as much about the victims and therefore the investigation because they were SWers. Aside from the social stigma, in the eyes of law enforcement SW is a crime (or at least in most of USA it is).

Like when a drug dealer gets murdered a lot of people are like oh well they were just a drug dealer.

I believe that tip also came from someone involved in crime? So maybe they didn't think he was credible. I agree though it's really bad and needs to be looked into... but my guess is it probably won't be.

I wish people would see SW as humans that are deeply flawed no different than the rest of us. There's such a horrible stigma attached to SW. The cops said 'it's the lure of easy money." I don't think they have any idea what these girls have to go through. It's far from easy money. It's not easy work, I could never do it it's dangerous.
Some turn to SW in times of desperation to feed their child because of a deadbeat dad, or help with an addiction issue they cannot beat on their own, some are victims of generational childhood abuse. I wish cops focused on arresting the Johns and pimps more than the girls. But they somehow sympathize with the men rather than the women.

If SWs weren't regarded as unreliable many tips would have been taken seriously back in 2010.
I've noticed a pattern of SWs being ignored by beat cops in Seattle during The Green River Killer days.
How do we change this so Serial Killers are caught quickly rather than allowed to reign for decades?

I wonder if RH used meth? It would explain some things.
Some people binge meth for days on end have sex and some people get extremely violent on it.
He'd have the energy to seek out victims and dismember them and drive around all night.

Has there ever been an SK who targets Johns or Pimps? It's usually the women vs the men.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member