Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s say RH did have sex workers in his home, downstairs while his wife was upstairs. It still doesn’t mean she is complicit in murders. They could have had an arrangement or whatever you want to call it. Then to refer to the hairs on the bodies, we know how those hairs can transfer, if you share a household with someone.

It's strange that her hair is found on the bodies and yet their children had none considering they live in the same house. If the hairs can transfer, then the children's hairs should be detected as well, not just AE.

First IMO let me say I find Johnny Ray to be a "snake oil salesman". He craves the limelight and is overly confrontational and unneccasarily bombastic.

Second IMO unless something like this happens to us in a relationship ( male or female) how do we know whether we would have known? We all like to think we would know. Some of us are "certain" we would know. But many of us have been cheated on and had no inkling until we are told. Maybe you are in a marriage and believe there is no cheating but there is - you just don't know about it yet.

Lots of couples have separate interests, do things individually with others and take individual trips. Some go fishing/ hunting/ golfing/bowling etc with the the "boys" or have tennis night etc - same for the women and their groups -tennis or otherwise.

Do I think my significant other is killing people on tennis night? Not hardly. Is it possible? I guess. I don't follow them or check up on them.

Bottom line - we never really know what goes on in anyone's relationshiop - sometimes not even in our own. IMO

ALL IMO

I agree with you that we don't know who knew or knows what.

That even applies to Ray's witness. Maybe Ray's witness is mistaken about how AE has processed some observations.

But even so, it is credible that Ray has a witness who believes AE knows about sex with SW while she is home.

That witness must have seen something to make this assertion. But the witness could not have crawled in AE's head.

MOO

I agree that AE and family need to be careful about the focus on them and the condition of the house, but I suspect their attorney has advised them not to speak publicly about the victims and the case against her husband.

They have been thrust into the spotlight through no fault of their own, and can't be expected to know how to deal with the situation, especially so quickly.
AE, seems to me has led a very private life, like many with a sick or disabled child. When families have a child that’s different, often that family finds themselves isolated because they don’t “fit in”. Ok to say hi on the street, but don’t get invited to the bbq.
From experience, I understand that often, mom sacrifices nearly everything to support, nurture and advocate for her child in the hopes they can live independently as an adult. Then, she finds the caregiving is her lifelong unpaid career and the worries continue - how will my adult child survive when I’m gone.
Also she might have wanted to leave a relationship but financially maybe she cannot because she can’t afford GOOD care for her adult child and go back to work. This man is not her child’s bio dad and wouldn’t likely pay support.
Her needs are small, food, shelter, medical care. All she wanted was her house in livable condition - beds, a sink where water goes down the drain and not into the floor. I think she is saying, in a small voice, I don’t want anything. Just what I had before which wasn’t much.

AE not knowing who to trust - maybe wanting to accept help to clear her house and realising that people might help and then sell RH souvenirs - RH water bill, RH Xmas ornament, RH socks …. Really, any trash would need to be burned or shredded to prevent tabloids and ghouls from relishing the misery of his discards.

I see her more as a mum of a young man who needs her and she wants a return to their routine and feelings of safety and privacy. She is getting support from her lawyer / advocate and he just telling her status: she has cancer and is worried about paying (normal emotion), an overwhelmingly unlivable home which needs fixing and that the salacious news isn’t true. It was just her doll, end of story. Just her ordinary facts.
I hope the tabloids leave her alone.

It's strange that her hair is found on the bodies and yet their children had none considering they live in the same house. If the hairs can transfer, then the children's hairs should be detected as well, not just AE.
Also, while AE has longer hair, Heuermann's is not that short...nor does he seem like his hair was freshly cut on any pics I see.

It seems like he saw Amber in person at least once before murder, yet may have murdered Megan the first time he saw her in person. My impression is he usually develops some kind of relationship with his victims. I can't see his wearing a hair net.

Maybe he didn't see a reason to clean away hairs that were not his.

MOO

No, and my opinions on Shannan Gilbert's death have changed since that time. But I do think it's possible that Heuermann may have frequented Ocean Pkwy many times thru the years.
In hindsight this was a golden find. Given all we know now, it's probably reasonable to assume this probably would have been ignored if it was submitted back then. But today could be completely different with this new task force. I was just thinking if they were able to authentic it (date it) it could be admissible. They might be able to track down the original image enhance it. Would be interesting. Just a thought.

MOO

Garden City criminal defense attorney Barry Levin, who has defended accused mob bosses and other high-profile defendants, called the case the biggest "since the Lindbergh kidnapping."

“Without a defense investigation he doesn’t stand a chance, because I think the people of Suffolk would convict a pumpkin because of the notoriety of the case and the horrendous nature of the murders,” said Peter Smith, a Northport-based criminal defense lawyer who is also a former prosecutor and police office

Defense lawyers say they'd hire teams of investigators, a medical examiner, even a forensic anthropologist to help rebut the government's findings. Some would conduct a deeper review of the medical examiner's recent shift in the official cause of death of the victims from "homicidal asphyxia," or strangulation, to the broader category of "homicidal violence."

"The hair evidence is not conclusive to him being the killer because it doesn't establish time, date or place," La Pinta said. "We don't know when those hairs were placed on the burlap."

Prosecutors have said they don’t believe Heuermann’s wife or children knew of his alleged crimes. But, noted La Pinta, “I suspect if you examine that burlap carefully, there’s other microscopic evidence trace evidence there" that is not linked to Heuermann.

"The hair evidence is not conclusive to him being the killer because it doesn't establish time, date or place," La Pinta said. "We don't know when those hairs were placed on the burlap."
Snipped.

I think the jury will be able to count to three. The same person's hair on three bodies is very strong evidence. imo

jmo

The jewelry is pretty if a bit overpriced, I like the funds going to them...but yeah it seems very tasteless to be naming pieces for the victims and such. Just...create and such but don't name the pieces for the victims or anything
Yes!! My thing is the thorns. If you want to memorialize them that’s nice. But why would you incorporate the way they were found into the design? To me the thorns represent the cruel manner in which they died. Their bodies placed on the side of a cold, lonely stretch of road. They should be remembered for much more than just how they were found.

Aug 11, 2023
The family of accused Gilgo Beach serial killer Rex Heuermann says their life has become a surreal nightmare. They claim their home was turned upside down in the investigation, and they're threatening legal action. CBS New York's Carolyn Gusoff reports'
[snipped by me]

We can't forget the state the home was reportedly in from the start. Reports indicated LE was at that home for such an extended time precisely bc of the clutter and garbage everywhere. A colleague of RH gave an account of seeing his vehicle one time loaded up to the dashboard with trash.

Not getting into the fray here. Just trying to point out that everything is relative. It's easy for these attys to claim this now and show the pictures, and I'm sure there was damage done, but I am inclined to believe that the bulk of the disaster (and imo, the significant disrepair and neglect) predated any visit from SCPD.

jmo

A flaming circus is spot on. Imagine dealing with cancer, an autistic child and feeling like your juggling 100 balls at once and then suddenly your entire life is spread across the news every day.

On the flip side of that the families of the slain ladies have been waiting for justice for nearly 15 years.

No one wins here, except the lawyers.

I want to know about the belt. If it was his from a family member, I am curious how she did not see the widespread of coverage of this at minimum, three years ago.

jmo

YIKES.

Don’t even know where to start with that one.

That’s one hell of an accusation, and strong wording, to call her “complicit”.

Let’s say RH did have sex workers in his home, downstairs while his wife was upstairs. It still doesn’t mean she is complicit in murders. They could have had an arrangement or whatever you want to call it. Then to refer to the hairs on the bodies, we know how those hairs can transfer, if you share a household with someone.

What a crazy thing to do, go out in the open and accuse her of having involvement. He better have some darn proof, he says he does, but I think that’s something for investigators to determine and divulge, not him. Of course I/we can’t say what she knew and what she didn’t know.

As an attorney he should know what the word “slander” means.

Nasty, messy situation. Again, I/we don’t know what she knew and what she didn’t know, but going out and publicly accusing her? That is HUGE. If it turns out his accusations are false, then he needs to be disbarred.
You might want to skip the Banfield outburst that happened with Brian Entin hosting for Ashley. Brian was not buying what John Ray was selling and it became nasty between them. I also saw the Cuomo segment and I could see anger rising in Chris Cuomo but he never had the outburst that happened on Banfield. JR was exploiting the day of showing up after his own Presser which I didn't see and have no desire to see. My blood was boiling by the time he showed his face on Banfield.

As victims go, the Heuermann family is not particularly sympathetic as everything is weighed. The press conference overplayed. My suggestion is they take the money, beat their house into shape and sort of "sit down, shut up" and forget bringing legal action against LE for looking for evidence to help in the prosecution of a man accused of killing several women.
I realize I'm not finished all the thread yet, however, it has passed my mind a time or two on other killer's homes tore apart in the past..

Meaning.... if RH lived a single life, then we would be hearing people in the media yelling: "Tear that house up, tear it up, tear it up, find that evidence!!" He does have a bail document stacked against him. He hasn't been called the Long Island Serial Killer in the news for nothing.

Because he has family that didn't know about his double life, it doesn't negate that he has been arrested for heinous crimes that stretch decades in time across Long Island.

In 2016 my family and I stayed with friends in Massapequa. One night we had a big get together. It didn't take long for this serial killer to come up in their conversations. It may have been 2016 but, believe you me, they still lived in fear...

The house was searched/tore up for a reason: searching for evidence.

As serial killers are caught we will see their homes searched and tore up.

Do I approve of how bad it was? I have no opinion one way or another

Last edited:
LE has stated that she was absent for all of the murders.

<modsnip - off topic>

I don't believe this is correct. I believe he is the primary suspect in the death of MBB and there seems to be no reporting that I am aware of that the family was out of town during that time. In fact, I am inclined to think this may be the primary reason her death has not yet been charged but this is just speculation and opinion of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
“She is complicit in her husband’s solicitation and use of sex workers in his home over the course of years,” Ray said during an appearance on NewsNation’s “CUOMO.”

Ray suggested that Ellerup not knowing what her husband was up to in their home was “nonsense.”

“She was in this tiny little home, where she lived and he lived. She was upstairs when he would be downstairs having sex with these prostitutes, and he spent enormous amounts of money on them,” Ray continued. “And it was a regular thing that happened.”

“I have a witness, a very credible witness, who I spent many hours with to interview,” Ray said. “And from that witness, as well as from the circumstances of this case, I know that Mrs. Ellerup is conning the public right now.”

NewsNation does not have proof to corroborate Ray’s claims. Authorities had initially ruled out any involvement of Ellerup, who they say had an alibi at the time of the crimes.

The Suffolk County Police Department said Ellerup was not in town at those times and do not believe Ellerup was aware of what was going on.

“John Ray is trying to keep himself relevant in this case,” Robert Macedonio, attorney for Ellerup, said. “John Ray is the only one in this case that tends to benefit from any civil litigation, John Ray is trying to tie her into it so we can gather any assets she may or may not obtain from the bus, This mystery witness does not exist, I can assure you, as Ella was not involved in this, knew nothing about it.”

“I think it’s a hamfisted, you know, porcine attempt to insert himself into a case that he actually has no involvement in whatsoever,” Mitev said.

Shannan Gilbert’s sister Sherre Gilbert said she “and a lot of the victims’ families feel it’s disgusting, because we were never given that much support when our loved ones went missing.”

“I don’t know about you guys, but I’ve never heard of a murder victim’s family getting $45,000 (in donations),” Gilbert said via speakerphone.
I donated.
I also never thought about or considered the thoughts and emotions of the victims’ families.

It wasn't till later I heard that they felt it was/is disgusting

She is right.

Sherre Gilbert and others were never given that much support when their loved ones went missing.

I need to think about this. I don't know how I feel now....

BBM. There seems to be jealousy amongst the lawyers about the fund-raising. I view the wife and children as victims and am glad the neighbors have treated them with such kindness.

JMO

I think John Ray is advocating for his clients. As iamshadow and imstilla posted by link at #902 and #851 the families are disgusted.

MOO

Last edited:
I realize I'm not finished all the thread yet, however, it has passed my mind a time or two on other killer's homes tore apart in the past..

Meaning.... if RH lived a single life, then we would be hearing people in the media yelling: "Tear that house up, tear it up, tear it up, find that evidence!!" He does have a bail document stacked against him. He hasn't been called the Long Island Serial Killer in the news for nothing.

Because he has family that didn't know about his double life, it doesn't negate that he has been arrested for heinous crimes that stretch decades in time across Long Island.

In 2016 my family and I stayed with friends in Massapequa. One night we had a big get together. It didn't take long for this serial killer to come up in their convets. It may have been 2016 but, believe you me, they still lived in fear...

The house was searched/tore up for a reason: searching for evidence.

As serial killers are caught we will see their homes searched and tore up.

Do I approve of how bad it was? I have no opinion one way or another

I felt overwhelming sympathy for his family from the outset but I've kind of had it now, particularly since yesterday.

The victims have been forgotten or barely mentioned at all.
just like they always were, ignored and forgotten.

It's as if this gross macabre plot is replaying in the public domain, distract, distract, distract.

This entire case is a series of shock after shock after shock.
Seems to me that nobody is receiving professional representation from professionals.

What they are doing is egregious and unforgiveable.

I don't even want to read about their comics any more.

their clients will now be forced to haul 'em all in.

complete disrespect for the dead girls, all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoldenGirl1971