Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The prices of the pieces are pretty reasonable tbh. Since I had to buy supplies, the money comes out of that for the supplies. In order to be able to donate a good amount, the prices needed to be enough to cover supplies + the full donation. My friend amanda, megan watermans sister had the idea to name her necklace after her sister and display hearts as part of her design with her Capricorn symbol tattoo as a charm. No one found this insensitive until some weird reporter tried to make it sound negative. Hundreds of people supported the project (including the victims families) and donated. I don’t know why everyone is just now making it seem like something it wasn’t …..

Beautiful pieces and artwork, its a lovely way to commemorate and raise awareness

moo

I think it will all be resolved in time, JMO. We just need to be patient and allow the DA and his team to do their jobs. The hiring of a team of attorneys to represent the alleged serial killer's wife is a new kink not seen before in a serial murder prosecution.

JMO, It's going to cause problems, particularly if Rex's wife and family choose to support Rex's claims of innocence. There will then be, in essence, two defense teams issuing regular talking points via news, talk shows and social media in support of Rex H. Prosecution won't be able to counter. Never seen this before and not sure its a good thing.

ETA: Perhaps the judge will issue a gag order on all parties involved. I've seen it before and it works well.
Wow. Now that is a great idea.

Although as I type it....the whole reason John Ray has been so important is because he was the only one who managed to get depos, the 911 call...

So a gag order along with a new communication style with LE would be in order. It's reasonable, if there are 1-2 more suspects out there, (for example, if Shannan's murderer and the manorville murderer are different people and either or both of them are not Rex), the public needs to know this.

If they are able to rule him out from murdering a victim they should let the public know.

MOO

IKR? Does she even want this i<namecalling> around, or was he forced on her?

If the best my attorney could do was say, "It's rediculous to think she was upstairs while he was downstairs murdering people," leaving everyone with the impression that he is agreeing she was upstairs while Rex had people over, since that was the actual statement, I'd fire him in a second, even if he were free.

If he were my attorney, and I'd done nothing criminal, he'd be expected to say whichever is true:

"Knowing about an affair going on in the home is not murder."
Or
"AE has no knowledge of Rex H bringing dates or sex workers into the home."

He Is is vaguely implying the first, but why not come out and say it?

Fire his butt, AE! (IMO.)

MOO
I take notes as a habit from school and business so my recall is that Macedonia called what John Ray said : Baseless, reckless and unfounded allegations.
***Baseless is defined as without foundation in fact and we all know reckless and unfounded.
I believe that response was at the very beginning of the interview.
Having said all that, none of the lawyers i have encountered in this case would be my choice, for me, in any capacity personally or professionally so there we find commonality @Ruminations ! And that’s a good thing!

JMO

Just imo

Last edited:
Interesting Rex H's wife's attorney used the same words to attack JR that some posters use here. He's quite the expert at word salad. Very deceptive, IMO.

Why is he representing Rex's wife as if she's been accused of being involved in the murder, too? This must be the first time the wife of a serial killer or any major killer has hired an attorney to do public relations for her, sue the police for her, etc. So bizarre.

ETA: Does anyone know who is paying these two "defense" attorneys?

MOO

The daughter of BTK said in the interview that I posted above with Court TV that they hired an attorney to help with issues that included communications/public relations. So this isn't the first time the family of a serial killer has hired an attorney. I don't see anything wrong with it, even if I might at times disagree with how Asa's attorney is responding to the media.

I suspect that the attorney for Asa and the attorney for the adult children will be paid from the fundraising effort underway which is how it often works in high profile media cases like this.

I personally think RH's modus operandi was always killing and dismembering at home with his wife out of town. He did this in heavily populated areas with hundreds of sex workers available to check all the boxes (contact by cell phone, willing to be picked up and brought home to his house, etc.)

For this reason, I don't think there were too many other murders. He was extremely orderly and precise and probably only acted when everything was right. But what do I know.
RH is due in Court tomorrow to provide buccal swabs which could revisit cold cases of SW's in the area. JMO But while I no longer believe RH is associated with Atlantic City, it would blow my mind if DNA were to be found of RH. Maybe it's a bit of wishful thinking on my part because that killer is still roaming the streets. JMHO

Interesting Rex H's wife's attorney used the same words to attack JR that some posters use here. He's quite the expert at word salad. Very deceptive, IMO.

Why is he representing Rex's wife as if she's been accused of being involved in the murder, too? This must be the first time the wife of a serial killer or any major killer has hired an attorney to do public relations for her, sue the police for her, etc. So bizarre.

ETA: Does anyone know who is paying these two "defense" attorneys?

MOO
IMO: The attorneys are doing it for publicity.

Hey folks,

If you see a post that you know or think violates TOS (i.e. the Victim Friendly rule), use the Report feature to let Mods know instead of complaining about it on the thread and wondering why WS "allows it". If a post violates TOS, we aren't "allowing" it ... chances are we don't even know the offending post exists unless some member notifies us or we happen to stumble across a violation while being in the thread for some other reason.

Bemoaning what you think should or should not be discussed, how other members are posting, how they should think/post/act, etc is off topic and unnecessary. While you're discussing what you perceive as someone else's TOS violation, you are violating that same TOS by derailing the thread with off topic discussion.

Thousands of threads, thousands of members, hundreds of alerts every single day .. and only 3 or 4 WS Moderators in total to deal with it all. None of us has time to sit in each and every one of those thousands of threads to see what members are saying. Just send a Report and then we don't have 5, 10 or 20 pages to read through to find all the off topic commentary !!

Click Report, briefly state your concern, and just let Mods review it and deal with it if we feel it is necessary ... then move on without derailing the thread with complaints.

I don't recall which case it was but it was at least 40 years ago I read an interview with a serial killer's wife, and the same exact questions were coming up then. Folks have this idea that if a person is living with someone that horrific, capable of crimes that unthinkable, that somehow there will be red flags, or some kind of sign that let's them know something is terribly wrong. I've often wondered if people think this way because they can't imagine the possibility of themselves being on the receiving end of being so dreadfully deceived.

What you say about compartmentalising is how it all makes sense. It's the same exact thing people do when they're having an ongoing affair, or even years of multiple affairs. Once it's revealed, in retrospect as the cheated on spouse examines the lie that was their marraige, and of course they see little nuggets here and there but still, never anything that said "he's definitely cheating" or in this case, "he's 100% out there murdering sex workers".

I think it may be a self-preservation thing but for most folks, they don't automatically assume the worst.

jmo
Possibly Ted Bundy? His girlfriend possibly said it. It was when she saw the suspect sketch that she began piecing it together, reluctantly. JMO

The daughter of BTK said in the interview that I posted above with Court TV that they hired an attorney to help with issues that included communications/public relations. So this isn't the first time the family of a serial killer has hired an attorney. I don't see anything wrong with it, even if I might at times disagree with how Asa's attorney is responding to the media.

I suspect that the attorney for Asa and the attorney for the adult children will be paid from the fundraising effort underway which is how it often works in high profile media cases like this.

I think you are on the money @Sundog - it was also mentioned somewhere in this mornings interview that the woman who set up the go fund me for Asa ( Melissa Moore daughter of the smiley face killer) flew in to meet with Asa so perhaps she also counseled her on steps to take. It’s certainly a club no one wants to be a part of but it is touching that people from similar circumstances have the grace to reach out to others and share how they navigated.
All imo

Last edited:
Lol, I did, and I'd fire him. He's making me sure that she did know about sex workers in the basement.

MOO
Wondering about the person who knows there were SW in the house. I’d like to know more. How did they KNOW that any person in the house at any time was a SW and in the basement?
I’ve lived in cities, suburbs and rural towns. I’ve seen the comings and goings of all kinds of people from all kinds of neighbors … you might see someone interesting go in or out from next door, and think: family, friends, social worker, drug dealer, babysitter, mistress, SW … but you never KNOW.
Even if you are in the house, you wouldn’t know for sure unless you see or hear a transaction - right? You can’t really tell by the way a person looks what they will be doing inside someone’s house, behind closed doors. I’d like more detail.
Is this witness someone from inside the home - otherwise how would they know who is upstairs, who is in basement, and what they are doing?

IMO: The attorneys are doing it for publicity.

I think that may be the case with the attorney for the adult children, but I don't think that is the case for Attorney Macedonia. I get the sense that RM really cares about the well-being of this family and is doing everything he can to help them with the situation they are facing. He has helped recruit volunteers to help them with getting the house back in order, and speaks with great empathy about the issues Asa and her children are facing.

Wow RH is a really big dude, I didn't appreciate that until I saw this pic.
Agree. I think he was aware of his size and that he would be memorable and that he would have made effort not to be seen standing up and seen with victims. Maybe he did car collection of victims.
If he was frequent customer to other SWs over the years, think there would be many coming forward and surprised not to be hearing about this, unless going to LE and not selling stories.

Unless, the “witness” that said AE knew about SW in the basement, was the SW who visited the basement of the house ….

Wondering about the person who knows there were SW in the house. I’d like to know more. How did they KNOW that any person in the house at any time was a SW and in the basement?
I’ve lived in cities, suburbs and rural towns. I’ve seen the comings and goings of all kinds of people from all kinds of neighbors … you might see someone interesting go in or out from next door, and think: family, friends, social worker, drug dealer, babysitter, mistress, SW … but you never KNOW.
Even if you are in the house, you wouldn’t know for sure unless you see or hear a transaction - right? You can’t really tell by the way a person looks what they will be doing inside someone’s house, behind closed doors. I’d like more detail.
Is this witness someone from inside the home - otherwise how would they know who is upstairs, who is in basement, and what they are doing?
Answering my own question … is this “witness” a SW who visited the basement ?

I know we all process information differently
<snipped for focus>

Good point!

I listened to Attorney Robert Macedonia's interview that you posted and I thought he did a great job in making it clear that his client (Asa Ellerup) is in no way involved in the crimes that her husband committed, that John Ray's statements are reckless accusations and unfounded, and that Asa is 100% not involved. When asked about John Ray's motivation he also replied that he doesn't know, could be that John Ray can benefit from a civil action as his motivation. It wouldn't surprise me at all, RM made a good point.

RM also confirmed that Asa is eligible for COBRA once RH's self-employed medical plan ends, but he notes how expensive that is, it can be thousands of dollars a month, which is true. The divorce filing mentions that continued medical coverage is at issue in the divorce, so hopefully it won't be contested and that the judge in the divorce proceedings will include those funds as the assets are divided and Asa will get the money to pay for her health benefits as part of the settlement.

RM also noted that the daughter is dealing with issues related to finances, etc. at RH's office. Building owners want RH's office gone, and all the furniture, etc. out of the building. So the daughter is trying to deal with the office issues, with finances, accountants, etc.

On the home front, all the accounts were apparently in her husband's name, so Asa is working on sorting that out, and her attorney is helping her. He apparently is the go-between to work on financial and divorce aspects of the situation with RH's attorneys. Nothing to do with RH's defense, just the financial and divorce aspects of the case, he made that clear.

@ Ruminations Hello - maybe listen to the tapes from this morning interviews - you will hear that the lawyer for Rex’s estranged wife is very much refuting what JR said. I think you will also hear John Ray soften his tone and also indicate that the police do not have info from his witness - (I believe it was represented here that the police were in possession of info from this witness ). There is no more mention of “complicit”. So he has taken it down a notch imo. Now just indicates that she should be a suspect. He does call the family all sociopaths though which was new to me and still maintains they all knew about the SW ‘s and Rex in the house. Good news regarding Shannan it seems he has evidence to present to Ray T and the task force.
There are Lots of little nuggets through out the interviews but in the big picture IMO all is pretty much the same as it was before JR stirred things up after the morning presser was held. Back to status quo. JMO.

I haven’t listened to the interviews yet so I appreciate your synopsis, especially:

“I think you will also hear John Ray soften his tone and also indicate that the police do not have info from his witness”

I wondered about that because multiple posts here indicated that LE had been notified, but no links were provided to verify the information. Thank you for posting!

I take notes as a habit from school and business so my recall is that Macedonia called what John Ray said : Baseless, reckless and unfounded allegations.
***Baseless is defined as without foundation in fact and we all know reckless and unfounded.
I believe that response was at the very beginning of the interview.
Having said all that, none of the lawyers i have encountered in this case would be my choice, for me, in any capacity personally or professionally so there we find commonality @Ruminations ! And that’s a good thing!

JMO

Just imo

Awesome reminder that we all have the same goal. Thank you for that.

I reserve the right to point out that it is baseless, reckless and unfounded to call the substance of the information John Ray is sharing baseless, reckless and unfounded.

But I'm happy we are headed in the same direction, and appreciate your reminder of this.

MOO

wild guess, looks fine on the exterior, possibly a normal house but unoccupied for quite some time..
I'm assuming they went in there alive but never left.. he wouldn't want to have panicked them before he got them inside...
I'm speculating like crazy..
A cabin in a garden?
An old public building that served as accommodation for workers at some stage in the past?
A folly?
An elaborate antique looking garden structure?
a place with a basement?

He had access to shops/stores as an architect. He made applications to carry out work on some, not all were approved.

Moo ( his job records are making me cross-eyed )

Ebm

Answering my own question … is this “witness” a SW who visited the basement ?
There are other theories. It could be a nosy neighbor or a confidant of any member of the family.

But my first thought was it was a sw or former sw.

I think the nosy neighbor idea (but not the confidant neighbor idea) is less likely, since John Ray said this morning explicitly that his witness knows that AE knows the dates are bought and paid for. That wouldn't be apparent to an insomniac neighbor with night vision goggles. Prior to this morning, I thought it was possible the witness knew they were sex workers and AE knew they were there. But I hadn't heard it made clear that the witness knew AE knew they were engaging in prostitution. That was new this AM, unless I missed it earlier.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member