Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The daughter of BTK said in the interview that I posted above with Court TV that they hired an attorney to help with issues that included communications/public relations. So this isn't the first time the family of a serial killer has hired an attorney. I don't see anything wrong with it, even if I might at times disagree with how Asa's attorney is responding to the media.

I suspect that the attorney for Asa and the attorney for the adult children will be paid from the fundraising effort underway which is how it often works in high profile media cases like this.

The difference was that their attorneys kept communications low-profile. They didn't create big headlines, go on talk shows, etc. They didn't attack or criticize LE and the prosecution team. They didn't sue the police for having to toss their home to look for evidence. Rader's family immediately disowned him. They dealt with it, kept a low profile and rebuilt their lives in private with dignity.

We'll see what happens. The sooner a judge puts a gag order in place, the better. It's still going to take a while to finish putting the case together, etc. Rex H. should do everyone a favor and confess, as Rader did.

JMO

19 years old!

Mom called when she heard a young woman's body was found, and asked if she had purple braces.

Purple braces!

Mom found out that they didn't know; it was only a torso.

The thing that makes it seem less like RH is the torso was found 70 miles SW of Las Vegas. That seems out of the way...and a witness saw a car with Cali plates. But who knows.

Hugs Jodi. RIP.

MOO

Edited to add: in some pics, her eyes look more blue. In others, hazel.

Eyes are so intimate and an unusual thing AFAIK to fetishize. But RH has a lot of potential victims with hazel eyes.

MOO

Last edited:
19 years old!

Mom called when she heard a young woman's body was found, and asked if she had purple braces.

Purple braces!

The thing that makes it seem less like RH is the torso was found 70 miles SW of Las Vegas. That seems out of the way...and a witness saw a car with Cali plates. But who knows.

Hugs Jodi. RIP.

MOO

Perhaps a rental car? Rex H. was a fairly bold killer, but only in the areas with which he was familiar, JMO. Could he have felt that comfortable with driving a rental car that far into the desert with a dead woman inside? He's a freak, so its possible. I do think LE will be able to tie more murders to him, though.

JMO

19 years old!

Purple braces!

Hugs Jodi. RIP.

MOO
IF RH were responsible, wouldn't he likely be driving a rental so the license tag could be from anywhere? 70 miles SW of the city doesn't sound right, though, does it?

I think you are on the money @Sundog - it was also mentioned somewhere in this mornings interview that the woman who set up the go fund me for Asa ( Melissa Moore daughter of the smiley face killer) flew in to meet with Asa so perhaps she also counseled her on steps to take. It’s certainly a club no one wants to be a part of but it is touching that people from similar circumstances have the grace to reach out to others and share how they navigated.
All imo
Well said. Thank you.

Just an FYI -- Following up on the earlier discussion of the Artificial Intelligence website Chat GPT, I decided to try a request.
This is the response, copied straight from GPT Chat:

I'm sorry, but I am not able to access the internet or search Google Street View for specific photos or information about individuals. My training only goes up until September 2021, and I can't browse the web or access real-time information. Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Perhaps a rental car? Rex H. was a fairly bold killer, but only in the areas with which he was familiar, JMO. Could he have felt that comfortable with driving a rental car that far into the desert with a dead woman inside? He's a freak, so its possible. I do think LE will be able to tie more murders to him, though.

JMO
I guess it's not clear where she died, but seen driving with a young woman soon to be dead is also risky.

MOO

<snipped for focus>

Good point!

I listened to Attorney Robert Macedonia's interview that you posted and I thought he did a great job in making it clear that his client (Asa Ellerup) is in no way involved in the crimes that her husband committed, that John Ray's statements are reckless accusations and unfounded, and that Asa is 100% not involved. When asked about John Ray's motivation he also replied that he doesn't know, could be that John Ray can benefit from a civil action as his motivation. It wouldn't surprise me at all, RM made a good point.

RM also confirmed that Asa is eligible for COBRA once RH's self-employed medical plan ends, but he notes how expensive that is, it can be thousands of dollars a month, which is true. The divorce filing mentions that continued medical coverage is at issue in the divorce, so hopefully it won't be contested and that the judge in the divorce proceedings will include those funds as the assets are divided and Asa will get the money to pay for her health benefits as part of the settlement.

RM also noted that the daughter is dealing with issues related to finances, etc. at RH's office. Building owners want RH's office gone, and all the furniture, etc. out of the building. So the daughter is trying to deal with the office issues, with finances, accountants, etc.

On the home front, all the accounts were apparently in her husband's name, so Asa is working on sorting that out, and her attorney is helping her. He apparently is the go-between to work on financial and divorce aspects of the situation with RH's attorneys. Nothing to do with RH's defense, just the financial and divorce aspects of the case, he made that clear.
If the company RH is being administrating the Cobra Benefits? It's usually the function of Personnel/Human Resources/Accountant(?). That will be something that might have to involve AE's attorneys.

I don't know the details of what they'll work out with their divorce, so this is just my opinion and the way I see it from an outsiders view:

The house in Massapequa appears in tax records in Rex's name only, and was purchased prior to their marriage.

Under New York's equitable distribution laws, only your “marital property” will be divided during a divorce in NY. This means that you and your spouse will get to keep any separate property that was brought into the marriage.

Therefore, by law, it appears Asa has no rights to the house as it was not "marital property". Therefore if it's sold, or foreclosed if he still owes on it and isn't making payments, Asa has no recourse in that matter or rights to receive monies from a sale of it.

While I realize she has other health concerns going on, and she/her children will be losing what they've considered to be home, by the time the divorce is settled, she will also be on the hook for their unpaid taxes, etc.

At some point soon she will have to manage to get back out on her own and start fresh. If it were me, (and I'm glad it's not!!), I would make it my personal mission to cut all ties, get my things packed up and get my children to another place. It's only delaying the inevitable to wait. <modsnip: discussion of fundraising>

Again, JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for this extra post, part of my comment in post# 353 has disappeared and makes the post seem fragmented and I'm unable to edit it.

My question is, if RH's company is being dissolved, who exactly will be administrator's of the policy for Cobra? It sounds like RH's company is going to allow the coverage to lapse. So it's possible no ex-employee's will have access to Cobra Benefits. JMO
If the company RH is being administrating the Cobra Benefits? It's usually the function of Personnel/Human Resources/Accountant(?). That will be something that might have to involve AE's attorneys.

Wondering about the person who knows there were SW in the house. I’d like to know more. How did they KNOW that any person in the house at any time was a SW and in the basement?
I’ve lived in cities, suburbs and rural towns. I’ve seen the comings and goings of all kinds of people from all kinds of neighbors … you might see someone interesting go in or out from next door, and think: family, friends, social worker, drug dealer, babysitter, mistress, SW … but you never KNOW.
Even if you are in the house, you wouldn’t know for sure unless you see or hear a transaction - right? You can’t really tell by the way a person looks what they will be doing inside someone’s house, behind closed doors. I’d like more detail.
Is this witness someone from inside the home - otherwise how would they know who is upstairs, who is in basement, and what they are doing?
JR has had extensive dealings with SWs in his efforts to bring Justice for Shannan et al

Therefore we can probably deduce with (almost) certainty that he has talked with women who've come across RH in their work (imagine how many there must be over the years, having dodged a bullet??)

LE will have talked with some but you can see why there's reluctance on their behalf to speak out

I completely believe that JR has talked with a woman at length who has been in that house for work and he is convinced her account is true

I don't know the details of what they'll work out with their divorce, so this is just my opinion and the way I see it from an outsiders view:

The house in Massapequa appears in tax records in Rex's name only, and was purchased prior to their marriage.

Under New York's equitable distribution laws, only your “marital property” will be divided during a divorce in NY. This means that you and your spouse will get to keep any separate property that was brought into the marriage.

Therefore, by law, it appears Asa has no rights to the house as it was not "marital property". Therefore if it's sold, or foreclosed if he still owes on it and isn't making payments, Asa has no recourse in that matter or rights to receive monies from a sale of it.

While I realize she has other health concerns going on, and she/her children will be losing what they've considered to be home, by the time the divorce is settled, she will also be on the hook for their unpaid taxes, etc.

At some point soon she will have to manage to get back out on her own and start fresh. If it were me, (and I'm glad it's not!!), I would make it my personal mission to cut all ties, get my things packed up and get my children to another place. It's only delaying the inevitable to wait. She has collected a substantial amount of money so far with the G*M, so I hope she makes wise use of it and that it's not just pilfered away by attorney fees.

Again, JMO.
That occurred to me.

By living in it, she could argue that the equity it accrued during marriage is marital property. This is especially true is she contributed to improvements (not likely that either did) or basically paid the bills along with Rex throughout the marriage (more likely).

The value of the property likely went up VERY MUCH during the marriage; he might only be able to argue its value upon marriage is his.

The thing that makes me worry for AE is that Rex's criminal defense attorneys, if selected by him and not publicly funded, have skin in the game to vigorously fight for his assets. Then claim them as payment.

I know sympathy for AE is volatile. But I still want her to have the house to live in, if she wants it, more than I want it to go to Rex's criminal defense lawyers.

MOO

At some point soon she will have to manage to get back out on her own and start fresh. If it were me, (and I'm glad it's not!!), I would make it my personal mission to cut all ties, get my things packed up and get my children to another place. It's only delaying the inevitable to wait. She has collected a substantial amount of money so far with the G*M, so I hope she makes wise use of it and that it's not just pilfered away by attorney fees.

Again, JMO.
In the past, even if she filed bankruptcy, it did not erase any tax responsibilities, federal loans or fines and fees. Anyone know, is that still the case?

The daughter needs to get a new job and walk away from her father’s company- IMO. Depending on her title and responsibilities, at RH’s company, and anything her father may have set up to make her financially responsible for the business- she may or may not be able to walk away, freely. If she has no legal executive or financial responsibility for his company, she’d be smart to just start over somewhere new.

At some point soon she will have to manage to get back out on her own and start fresh. If it were me, (and I'm glad it's not!!), I would make it my personal mission to cut all ties, get my things packed up and get my children to another place. It's only delaying the inevitable to wait. <modsnip: discussion of fundraising>

Again, JMO.

RH could always do the decent thing and sell it to AE for $1.00 (?)

In the past, even if she filed bankruptcy, it did not erase any tax responsibilities, federal loans or fines and fees. Anyone know, is that still the case? The daughter needs to get a new job and walk away from her father’s company- IMO. Depending on her title and responsibilities, at RH’s company, and anything her father may have set up to make her financially responsible for the business- she may or may not be able to walk away, freely. If she has no legal executive or financial responsibility for his company, she’d be smart to just start over somewhere new.
Yeah, debts get divvied just like assets.

RH could always do the decent thing and sell it to AE for $1.00 (?)
Not likely when he'll have legal fees out the wazoo. He will have to show he's indigent to have a public defender, and I don't see that happening as long as he has properties deeded solely in his name in NY and SC. They'll either be foreclosed on or he'll be forced to sell. Their unpaid taxes that are leined against the property also get first priority at the time of sale. They'd have to be paid beforehand or from proceeds.

Not likely when he'll have legal fees out the wazoo. He will have to show he's indigent to have a public defender, and I don't see that happening as long as he has properties deeded solely in his name in NY and SC. They'll either be foreclosed on or he'll be forced to sell. Their unpaid taxes that are leined against the property also get first priority at the time of sale. They'd have to be paid beforehand or from proceeds.
But if he does it his way, he will only come away with $200,000.00 on the LI property after all liens are paid. I doubt he'd make much with the other two properties he has that are probably mortgaged.

What a nightmare for her to think about. Wouldn't any left over assets be frozen by possible lawsuits by the victim's families?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marisa_breanna97