Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she is Eli LE for Medicaid or even a little over income, for Medicaid, Medicaid will pay
The premiums.

If eligible for MA, MA will pay the premiums and wrap around it. Ex: MA has no co pay for a visit and her insurance has a 20 co pay, she'd pay zero.

If over income, but poor enough for cobra only (totally forgot the standard. Might be 150% poverty line) she only pays the additional costs like copays but not premiums.
The thing is, they will look at her assets as well as income. With the recent substantial amount of gift money, she may no longer be eligible for insurance through a social services agency. She might be eligible for Social Security disability, though.

What does that mean
It means "Deleted by Me."

Here's a link to Websleuths Lingo (although that one appears to be missing).

P.S. Welcome to Websleuths!

It means "Deleted by Me."

Here's a link to Websleuths Lingo (although that one appears to be missing).

P.S. Welcome to Websleuths!
Haha thank you, I wasn’t sure what was deleted lol. Appreciate it!

I couldn't agree with you more! I like how JR praised the current investigators in this case by saying he has complete trust in their abilities. JR seems to have a lot of inside information from his many years of investigating the LISK that we are not privy to. In my opinion, he is relevant. The contrast is striking. JR is talking about the case. RM is talking about $$$ and more $$$$$$$. Gimme. Gimme. Gimme. And yet he is the first to point his finger at JR's intention for speaking out. Some can see through the facade. MOO
John Ray has represented and assisted many victims and did cases with the current Suffolk County DA when the DA was a Federal Prosecutor. He has spent over a decade working tirelessly to get Shannan’s and Jessica’s cases investigated. I respect him and find him believable.

What does that mean
Deleted by me. There's no way to delete a post, so if someone changes their mind about something they posted or they double post by accident, most people will edit the post and replace it with dbm or something similar. Edit window is an hour, so anything older than that is there for good, unless it's removed by a moderator. Welcome to Websleuths! Below is a post with more handy abbreviations, some more commonly used than others. Each thread also tends to develop its own abbreviations, especially for key players in the case (victims, suspects, family, witnesses, law enforcement, lawyers, etc.)

Last edited:
Deleted by me. There's no way to delete a post, so if someone changes their mind about something they posted or they double post by accident, most people will edit the post and replace it with dbm or something similar. Edit window is an hour, so anything older than that is there for good, unless it's removed by a moderator. Welcome to Websleuths! Below is a post with more handy abbreviations, some more commonly used than others. Each thread also tends to develop its own abbreviations, especially for key players in the case (victims, suspects, law enforcement, lawyers, etc.)

Thank you so much I understand now! So sorry to make you explain lol. Thank you for being patient with me! I will do my absolute best to follow the rules and blend in here. Xo

Her retelling of events does seem to include more and more details as time goes on. Curious that she now says that RH mentioned a hammer. I suspect the next time we hear from her she will say that he mentioned a " cabinet maker's hammer ".

All JMO
I'd love to see RH’s woodworking projects. The woodworking is probably on par with his home repairs.

Thank you so much I understand now! So sorry to make you explain lol. Thank you for being patient with me! I will do my absolute best to follow the rules and blend in here. Xo
Everyone asks questions to begin with. I haven't even been here a year. You'll pick it up quickly, and hopefully won't blend in TOO much. We all bring something to the table by virtue of being ourselves.

MOO

As a wife, who has no income of her own and, after many years of being a housewife, is now too old (too sick?) for a job, doesn't AE have to receive maintenance from her husband, including health care costs?
He is no longer employed so he doesn't have the money to alimony. If/when the house is sold I'm not sure she can get any of that money because his name is on the deed. Minus all the debts he has, he's going to be in the poor house himself. AE should think about applying for social security disability. She will be eligible for her husbands social amount due to the length of her marriage, if she is approved. She will need help with her application. JMO

The thing is, they will look at her assets as well as income. With the recent substantial amount of gift money, she may no longer be eligible for insurance through a social services agency. She might be eligible for Social Security disability, though.
This is the interesting thing.

There is not an asset test for Medicaid, EXCEPT for the aged or disabled.

Aged means 65. Disabled means disabled by SSA's standards, and eligible for social security disability (SSD) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI).

(SSI is different the SSD in this way: it is means tested. You have to be in poverty and have low assets. SSD is based on earnings quarters; you get it if you had a work history and became disabled. Like a SS retirement pension, it does not depend on your assets at all. But SSD and SSI are similar in that you have to be VERY disabled and/or ready for years of fights and lawyers.)

If AE has assets but low income, and she is not certified disabled by the SSA, she does not have an asset test for Medicaid.

If she is certified disabled by SSA, then she has an asset test. Even if she has an asset test, MA won't hold it against her that she can't liquidate immediately. They could put a lien on property she is trying in good faith to sell. But that is not a big deal.

If she is eligible for Medicaid, the state will evaluate her current insurance and pay the premiums if it seems cost effective. Then, Medicaid becomes the payer of her premiums, and her secondary insurance. Often, MA calculates that they will save money paying the insurance.

If the insurance is not a good deal, she will have to pick a Medicaid plan. Those Medicaid Managed care plans have premiums, too, that the state pays to the plans.

Now what about those gifts? Depends. They are income in the month received. Then they become assets and any income derived (interest income) becomes income.

I really don't buy that her medical insurance is that big an issue. I'd have to see the books, lol.

Medicaid is not going to sit quietly while someone hides money. But if she is upfront about potential future money, such as from sale of property, MA can work with her. They won't hold it against her if it's not in her pocket now.

If she is disabled and has an asset test, there are trusts and liens that help with that. People freak when, for example, MA has a lien on Grammie's house because she can't live there anymore and has moved to a nursing home. But truth be told, MA will get a much better price for medical care than anyone else. So the money MA recoups will be a fraction of the amount Grammie would be billed directly.

And, MA would never put a lien on a home occupied by someone with a legit claim to it, like any of the three family members who are not incarcerated.

Can MA be complicated? Yes. Could her lawyers help? Only if that is their intention. They could complicate things by mishandling the G F yourself fund. They could do her a disservice simply by telling her she's screwed instead of telling her to consider Medicaid.

MOO

Edited to add photos.

Aged/disabled MA is also called "non-MAGI." (Don't try to understand.) For those not aged or disabled, it is called "MAGI," but I guess that became so confusing it's just called Medicaid on the attached chart.

The Medicaid chart, if she's not age/disabled, is monochrome and indicates income limits for a few programs like Medicaid. I believe she falls into MA adult, household size 1 limit. That is 138% of the poverty line. The amount changes every year. Currently $1677.00 per month.

If she's disabled (again, a much higher bar than people think- it's not like getting a special parking permit) her income limits and asset limits are indicated. They're not crazy high. And there are ways to legally put aside funds as a plan for self sufficiency- like if she is disabled now but thinks after she will become able to earn money, she can put aside money she needs to make that transition. Takes some honest creativity, and in good faith you can really make a plan to move back to the work world and fund it. The income and asset limits for aged/disabled are printed in blue and back.

MOO

Attachments

• IMG_0014.png
    IMG_0014.png
    349.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0015.png
    IMG_0015.png
    362.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Wondering if the subway that RH took each day to work, runs along stretches where private spaces might be found? He seems to move in straight lines, speculation, imo, fwiw.
Map showing proximity of home being searched by police and Gilgo Beach where bodies were found (Google Maps)

Map showing proximity of home being searched by police and Gilgo Beach where bodies were found (Google Maps)

1692134282902.png

Yeah and in another interview she was talking about how RH was talking about marshes and getting stuck in them or something. Idk i think she may have had an encounter with him but I don’t believe most of her accounts unfortunately. I think the sex workers that they are speaking to with potential info are not going around divulging things in interviews. Just doesn't sit with me well. Jmo.
I'm still considering whether she's telling the truth or just boosting about more than what had happened. It is interesting that she now says he told her his name. If that's true, she was most likely going to be murdered by him at his house. JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marisa_breanna97