Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Officials in South Carolina said Friday they have no information linking Gilgo Beach serial killer suspect Rex A. Heuermann to the disappearance of a local woman who went missing there in 2017.
In a statement, the Sumter County Sheriff’s Office said that after several weeks of investigation police have come up with no evidence so far connecting missing person Julia Bean with Heuermann, or that the two may have been together, as some reports suggested.

Heuermann is so extraordinarily large, wouldn't that have been included in any information when she was reported missing? As in "Last time I saw her she was with this enormous man who said he wanted to marry her . . . " Surely, any recounting of that meeting would have included his size, which NOW would mean a lot, don't you think? But without real evidence, even if it was thought RH was responsible, it wouldn't be possible to take the case to trial.

DIRTY COP'

Case against Gilgo suspect Rex Heuermann ‘tainted by arrest of ex-cop who may be killer,’ says John Wayne Gacy’s lawyer​

Well, it certainly doesn't help imo.

Even 13 years later Burke has the uncanny ability to still mess up this case. MOO

Doe she want the job?

Of course the defense will try that defense. They have little else.

I don't think the jury will buy it. Crime is not zero sum.

MOO

Agree but you can bet the corruption, the missing evidence, and the antics of Burke, Spota, and McPartland will figure prominently into the defense if for nothing else to try to muddy the waters (unless the judge does not allow it). Arguably it's not relevant to the case against RH. But, I still think we'll hear about it.

Jmo and Moo

Why would someone have 4 vacant lots?

Just a guess (and opinion). Vacant land in Chester County is cheap and real estate is always a solid investment - especially since there are no carry costs with vacant land except property taxes which are typically very low. If there's even a chance you can flip it to a developer down the line, or even build it out yourself and flip it, it's a good move. Personally, I think he should have invested in his LI home. IMO the dirt that house sits on is more valuable than the structure that sits atop it. It's a tear down. He would have received a higher return on the NY property than the vacant land had he expanded it and kept it up or did a gut reno or rebuild.

jmo

Last edited:
Officials in South Carolina said Friday they have no information linking Gilgo Beach serial killer suspect Rex A. Heuermann to the disappearance of a local woman who went missing there in 2017.
In a statement, the Sumter County Sheriff’s Office said that after several weeks of investigation police have come up with no evidence so far connecting missing person Julia Bean with Heuermann, or that the two may have been together, as some reports suggested.

well, I guess

1) LE is trying to cool down the buzz so they can investigate without the whole journalism and content creating world glued to radio chatter, or

2) there is not much there and they are breaking it to us slowly

Time will tell.

MOO

Next appearance
  • Date:September 27, 2023
  • Time:09:00 AM
  • Court:Suffolk County Court
  • Suffolk County Court-Riverhead
  • Judge:Mazzei, Timothy P.
  • Part:7

I wish they would unseal and release the indictment. It must be a speaking indictment containing facts and evidence they don't want disclosed yet, thought they gave us quite a bit of information already in the bond filing so I'm not sure what the big secret could be.

jmo

or a club of crime involving RH.dirty lawyers and cops
..aye..

really just a matter of figuring out what it was that bound them primarily, apart from the rock'n roll lifestyle with snuffs.
What was the bigger connection, this is just what they did?

Betcha that information is out there to be found if one knows where to search..
let's face it, it's not like every serial killer in Ny or close got the same idea at the same time, within the same span of a few years- to exclusively use GB for the disposal of people they had murdered.

Was there more to the murders than a desire to kill?

After the first one, whenever that was, killer would have realised that when they are dead, they are dead.

the 4 are merely his burlap period, are they not?

What about all the others?

What about the people that nobody missed?

In his mind they were low value victims,
it seems as though he wasn't the only one to think in this fashion.

JMO

Oh and the re-appearing "Avalanche tip" They'll probably try to make a lot of hay out of this. These people (Burke, Spota, and McPartland) certainly didn't make things easy for their successors.

jmo

Last edited:
well, I guess

1) LE is trying to cool down the buzz so they can investigate without the whole journalism and content creating world glued to radio chatter, or

2) there is not much there and they are breaking it to us slowly

Time will tell.

MOO

"The Sumter County Sheriff’s Office says as of now, there is no direct evidence linking Heuermann to the case, but the office has contacted the FBI for help."

"The Sumter County Sheriff’s Office says as of now, there is no direct evidence linking Heuermann to the case, but the office has contacted the FBI for help."
I take this to mean they have no evidence, but has DNA testing been completed on his Avalanche? They are asking for the FBI’s assistance for a reason and I’m thinking they need assistance with testing.

Oh and the re-appearing "Avalanche tip" They'll probably try to make a lot of hay out of this. These people (Burke, Spota, and McPartland) certainly didn't make things easy for their successors.

jmo
And it is possible the defense will say the tip came from an unreliable source and that's why it wasn't followed.

Again, irrelevant because the tip only gave a poi and the poi movements and phone activities are the evidence.

But it will come up. Amber's friends better see some of that reward money- it's not much but it is a symbol. They keep their eyes on justice for Amber and they often mention the other victims as well. And they get rewarded by having their less proud moments out on display and have other disparaging stories invented about them.

MOO

..aye..
almost as though they continue to wield power or knows who does.
I've thought that there appears to be continuing support for Burke and Spota on LI. I was glad, though, to discover that the court appointed attorney for Heuermann - Michael J Brown - while he apparently is a former law partner of Mrs. Heuermann's attorney and while HER attorney was an assistant DA for Spota, that Michael Brown's time as an assistant DA was under the man who served before Spota.
" From 1992-1995, Brown served as a prosecutor with the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office."Gilgo Beach killer suspect Rex Heuermann tells his court-appointed lawyer 'I didn't do this'

(District Attorney of Suffolk County, New York, serving from 2002 to late 2017, per wikipedia. "Thomas Spota - Wikipedia" or 16 years Former Suffolk County DA Thomas Spota Found Guilty Of Cover-Up

According to the dates I saw, Brown left the DA's office several years before Spota was elected. Frankly, I do feel better about that as I was feeling that the Heuermann representation was a slap in the face to the families of the young women killed.

Last edited:
Yes but he owed so much money, right?
But, it was the government he owed and he knew how to work the system. He was still spending money how he wanted to - as I see things.

Now, at the back of his mind was vacant, private land a wonderful thing for his hobby? I think we all suspect the two are related.

But cheap land? For a New York architect? yep, he could at least pass it off as "investment".

Accidentally, incidentally or intentionally?

Maybe it's best for Tierney's team not to answer this (putting aside what we all may think the answer is), and instead take the position that it doesn't matter; that it is irrelevant how it disappeared and came to reappear (despite any defense claim that it does matter). If it was intentionally hidden it may serve to make the evidence appear more credible. If it was accidentally hidden it may arguably make it appear less credible, more suspect. They probably can't prove either (just a guess). So why get into that if you can instead take the route that a defense claim is an attempt to distract; that whatever the reason, the only real question is whether the evidence is credible and legitimate. And, the reason why it was only found later does not serve to turn actual evidence into manufactured evidence, especially if they have corroboration from the witness himself who gave the statement. Just a thought.

All jmo

Maybe it's best for Tierney's team not to answer this (putting aside what we all may think the answer is), and instead take the position that it doesn't matter; that it is irrelevant how it disappeared and came to reappear (despite any defense claim that it does matter). If it was intentionally hidden it may serve to make the evidence appear more credible. If it was accidentally hidden it may arguably make it appear less credible, more suspect. They probably can't prove either (just a guess). So why get into that if you can instead take the route that a defense claim is an attempt to distract; that whatever the reason, the only real question is whether the evidence is credible and legitimate. And, the reason why it was only found later does not serve to turn actual evidence into manufactured evidence, especially if they have corroboration from the witness himself who gave the statement. Just a thought.

All jmo
I agree. I think the current team has done a great job of staying focused, not allowing themselves to be pulled into never-ending discussions of past administrations (what could they change or improve on?), or going back and attempting to change certain calls, which may need to be changed in the future if EVIDENCE shows up, and simply moving forward, focusing on the group of four they accepted as their mission. Once the Gilgo4 is successfully concluded, they can catch their breath and decide on the next mission based upon what they've learned from this one.

I agree. I think the current team has done a great job of staying focused, not allowing themselves to be pulled into never-ending discussions of past administrations (what could they change or improve on?), or going back and attempting to change certain calls, which may need to be changed in the future if EVIDENCE shows up, and simply moving forward, focusing on the group of four they accepted as their mission. Once the Gilgo4 is successfully concluded, they can catch their breath and decide on the next mission based upon what they've learned from this one.
whereas it's nice for them to have new experiences and the training and all, it's not about them, ultimately or their comfort zones.

there's a long line of murdered bodies stretching out quite a way and they have been inadequately investigated because the victims are considered persona non grata.

Therein lies the problem and sweeping this gigantic mound into a corner and pretending to give it due attention is a helluva gaslight.
No.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member